Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Rhyno posted:

I decided to just wait for all the NBKs to release before I order again. By then 4 & 5 should be down to $10. Of course, the JB oversized one will probably drop before then.
While perusing my regular sellers I saw that one of them had just blown out his Machine Boy Onslaughts for like $26 shipped so I'm kicking myself for missing that.

Edit: Zeta just announced they are releasing an updated version of Toyworld's Coolsville. So Coolesville is probably going to crater in price.

Yeah, I shouldn't have ordered NBK 05 since NBK 04 is already under £10, but I'm not buying many figures at the moment, so I thought why not for the sake of 3 quid. Then I have him, and I can just order the last one when it's up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mehall posted:

Yeah, I shouldn't have ordered NBK 05 since NBK 04 is already under £10, but I'm not buying many figures at the moment, so I thought why not for the sake of 3 quid. Then I have him, and I can just order the last one when it's up.

Word is the OS version is gonna be $110 or less so I'll probably end up tossing the NBKs in a bin anyways. JinBao's products so far are incredible and the upscaled Bruticus had no simplifications and had the design upgrades built in. I expect their Gravity Builder to be on par with that.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Word is the OS version is gonna be $110 or less so I'll probably end up tossing the NBKs in a bin anyways. JinBao's products so far are incredible and the upscaled Bruticus had no simplifications and had the design upgrades built in. I expect their Gravity Builder to be on par with that.

I already think the Fort Max i just got is too big, and an oversized devastator would be at least that big.

The roughly voyager size of the existing ones is fine for me.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Someone 3D-printed a 4 foot tall MP-10. :stwoon:

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

1:1 scale coming soon!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress me

Yes please

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sorry MPP10 you're no longer the best prime

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Rhyno posted:

I decided to just wait for all the NBKs to release before I order again. By then 4 & 5 should be down to $10. Of course, the JB oversized one will probably drop before then.
While perusing my regular sellers I saw that one of them had just blown out his Machine Boy Onslaughts for like $26 shipped so I'm kicking myself for missing that.

Edit: Zeta just announced they are releasing an updated version of Toyworld's Coolsville. So Coolesville is probably going to crater in price.

lol bummer because I'm not super happy with Coolsville and would want to sell him when a better Jazz comes around

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Triggerhappy and Seaspray are on Amazon.ca for extremely affordable prices for those of us who haven't been able to locate them!

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Cakefarts Carol posted:

Triggerhappy and Seaspray are on Amazon.ca for extremely affordable prices for those of us who haven't been able to locate them!

Well bless your soul. I read Blitzwing (already have) isn't on sale anymore and I assumed that meant Octone wasn't either, but not so!
So now I got Octone, Seaspray, and Skrapnel coming, and I don't have to worry about them showing up while I'm gone home for the holidays. Hot dog!

Oh and reminder for the one or two dumbasses here who don't have Triggerhappy yet: Probably my favourite drat Transformer in ages. Super tempted to start going into work after hours while I still have a job, so I can model up and 3D-print a giant version, after seeing that Optimus.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Somewhere in Indiana a pair of pants are destroyed as the biggest, hardest boner in human history pops.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe if that was Unicron.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ebay flash deal tomorrow

$15 off $75 or more
Use code PSAVEONAPP

1. No restrictions - valid on any items
2. Only exclusions from categories: Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate
3. Must use the eBay mobile app
4. Flash sale goes live SAT 12/23 at 4pm EST and ends at 10pm EST
5. Limit 1 coupon per member
6. Can add multiple items to cart to reach the $75 minimum
7. Shipping does not count towards the $75 min

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

Oh that would be a perfect thing

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Rhyno posted:

I mean...that is the size we expect FansToys Unicron to be, yeah?

You know it's happening.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
When FansToys Unicron happens I expect the market for WST figures to fuckin EXPLODE.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Helping mom clearing out old garbage.

Is this worth anything? It also had a few batteries that must have been stuck in there since the 80s so i doubt the electrics work.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
You could probably get a decent amount for it on ebay as a incomplete figure/spare parts. Did you try putting in new batteries to see if the electronics still work?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

It's not MP scale, it's the Toyworld MP scale. So it scales with Primorion and the TW Coneheads. The designs are Studio OX inspired rather than straight G1 derived. Zeta's probably going to re-release every single Toyworld product for half the original price since the designs are paid for.
Coolsville actually scales okay with the MP cars in bot mode, he's maybe a few millimeters taller than Sideswipe, Wheeljack, and the rest, and way shorter than, say, Ironhide and Ratchet. In car mode he's a bit heftier than the should be, but then again I don't think the MP cars are especially in scale in vehicle mode anyway. I can post pics of my lineup if anyone's on the fence.

Of course no guarantee the Zeta versions won't be 95% scale or something, unless they brought the actual molds over with them.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Helping mom clearing out old garbage.

Is this worth anything? It also had a few batteries that must have been stuck in there since the 80s so i doubt the electrics work.
Yeah you can probably get a decent amount for that, I'd guess $80-100 if it's not complete but the main bot's in good shape. I'd sell soon though because I'm guessing Trypticon nostalgia is at a high around now because of the TR version.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Platinum Ed plummeted in price when the YT version was announced. I dunno if that happened to vintage ones as well.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Christmas Thew is here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiQGq4mvag0

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Did Grotusque ever get put up on TRU's site?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Did Grotusque ever get put up on TRU's site?

Not to my knowledge. I'm supposed to get an email when it does go live and so far nothing. Wouldn't be surprising that I don't get that email seeing how TRU sucks and is probably going out of business any day now.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
CBR's put up a slightly longer preview of LL 12, and again, more questions than answers

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rhyno posted:

Ebay flash deal tomorrow

$15 off $75 or more
Use code PSAVEONAPP

1. No restrictions - valid on any items
2. Only exclusions from categories: Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate
3. Must use the eBay mobile app
4. Flash sale goes live SAT 12/23 at 4pm EST and ends at 10pm EST
5. Limit 1 coupon per member
6. Can add multiple items to cart to reach the $75 minimum
7. Shipping does not count towards the $75 min

This is now active. I just nabbed a Zeta Aerialbot and O&P Galvatron.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I got TLK deluxe Cogman and he's freaking great. His car mode looks excellent and tabs together well without goofy panel gaps or other things that would ruin it, and his robot mode (and head) have a lot of really nice paint that bring out the even nicer sculpted details. Hands down the best toy in the TLK line (and there were some others I liked a lot as well).

Also TR Seaspray is quite possibly my favorite Transformers toy period. I freaking love him.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

I got TLK deluxe Cogman and he's freaking great. His car mode looks excellent and tabs together well without goofy panel gaps or other things that would ruin it, and his robot mode (and head) have a lot of really nice paint that bring out the even nicer sculpted details. Hands down the best toy in the TLK line (and there were some others I liked a lot as well).

Also TR Seaspray is quite possibly my favorite Transformers toy period. I freaking love him.

Cogman better than Nitro?

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Xenomrph posted:

Cogman is the only TLK figure I actually want. Did you happen to find him in the wild or did you get him online?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
My Takara Misfire came today and hot drat he is lovely.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Takara Misfire is a realllly pretty boy. I'm looking forward to when my Slugslinger comes in too.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

TheDK posted:

Cogman better than Nitro?

Absolutely. Better looking in both modes, less fiddly and more fun transformation in both directions, better paint apps.

It helps that I thought Cogman was the best part of TLK movie. His voice actor and motion capture performer must have had a field day playing him, and I hope Cogman comes back in the next movie somehow.

Shiftypenguin posted:

Cogman is the only TLK figure I actually want. Did you happen to find him in the wild or did you get him online?

I'm confident I'll never see him in the wild so I paid $30 for him on eBay and don't regret it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The worst part is I’m struggling to find something up to $75 that I want.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Xenomrph posted:

I'm confident I'll never see him in the wild so I paid $30 for him on eBay and don't regret it.
I'm confident, says Xenomrph, poster who had to be explicitly told Seaspray had not only been out for months but was on amazon and available for him to order.

The_Doctor posted:

There have been three app flash coupons this month.

I'm getting IF Onslaught from a local dealer so yeah, this taps me out.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Xenomrph posted:

Absolutely. Better looking in both modes, less fiddly and more fun transformation in both directions, better paint apps.

It helps that I thought Cogman was the best part of TLK movie. His voice actor and motion capture performer must have had a field day playing him, and I hope Cogman comes back in the next movie somehow.

Which seller did you buy from? A lot of the ones I see are sketchy, low-feedback sellers in China.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

You could probably get a decent amount for it on ebay as a incomplete figure/spare parts. Did you try putting in new batteries to see if the electronics still work?

Washed out as much of the battery gunk i could, just waiting for it to dry out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

You can use it om multiple items from more than one seller if that helps.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Beast Wars Megatron annual Christmas special is up: https://youtu.be/sjGsJerEIvs

Edit-- looks like Garry Chalk did one a few days ago, too: https://youtu.be/B-GPGOUsQrA

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Dec 24, 2017

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Gotta say, I was not expecting an Overlord for my secret santa gift. Thanks, Phy!

Hopefully mine gets to my recipient soon. I had to send mine out late due to an emergency so I packed some extra goodies to make up for it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Shiftypenguin posted:

Which seller did you buy from? A lot of the ones I see are sketchy, low-feedback sellers in China.

It looks like he's bumped his price up a little bit, but this is who I bought it from: https://www.ebay.com/itm/263326603279

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Xenomrph posted:

It looks like he's bumped his price up a little bit, but this is who I bought it from: https://www.ebay.com/itm/263326603279

Thanks! I grabbed one. I figure that's still not too bad a price for him.