Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

XK posted:

Chris is better on camera than Sandi. Whew.

Liars have more practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I gave up on the stream when the sq42 bit ended because it was too boring

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Watching while listening to the discord made it much funnier. What a poo poo demo.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
This was a pretty good livestream, though the content was painfully bland. Not as good as the stream with the wheels coming off, but decent enough.

But, now CIG is going dark until late January, so have fun everyone.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

this is some Source FilmMaker quality poo poo right here

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

happyhippy posted:

There was two or three.
But they looked away so you couldnt see the ship debris explode. You could see the smoke/light explosions, little else.
Nice way to prevent slowdown if you dont look at the physic objects.

Oh, was it? I must've been too disengaged with the story to realize.

Still not clear how the story went from fuel barge theft, to talking to a salvager, to shooting whoever, to a splinter cell hostage rescue.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Beet Wagon posted:

New OP introduction image for the season.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
CIG tank designs put the nazis to shame. Christ

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

CIG is skipping the lawsuit by switching over to Gary's Mod apparently.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The crushed blacks, the characters that look like they came straight from an Army death by JKO training.

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
Star Citizen: it's time for two watches

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Viscous Soda posted:

God, picture how hard it's going to be to maneuver that thing around. You'd constantly be getting hung up on rocks and doodads, probably shortly before the physics engine flings you into space/through the planets geometry.

My favorite thing is the fact that it's the size of a goddamned house.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Beet Wagon posted:

The one modeled on Sandi still manages to stick out as wooden. :lol:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I got some new Transformers today (Titans Return Trypticon is great!), so I missed the stream. Anything good other than building-sized tanks? Anyone putting together a highlight reel?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

mjotto posted:

Star Citizen: it's time for two watches

Star Citizen: no one-watches

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

lol I can't tell if this is photorealistic or if someone forgot to rig her face to have expressions.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

kikkelivelho posted:

Brilliant, absolutely Brilliant. I had very high (some would say unrealistic) expectations for tonight, but CIG went far above and beyond them. The sublime visuals and atmosphere. More Star Power in a single mission than in most modern movies. The seamless transition from space to planet surface to abandoned space. Now they just need to finish optimizing the engine and we'll probably have one of the greatest games ever made on our hands.

I'm sure the crybabies will still go on about bu... bu.. but the skybox, the hidden load screens, the motion capture will never work! and so on because after 3 years of crying and shouting they can't admit they were wrong. Now even their final argument (SQ42 doesn't exist!) is gone.

:same:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

lol I can't tell if this is photorealistic or if someone forgot to rig her face to have expressions.

PLEASE GO STAND BY THE STAIRS

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Beet Wagon posted:

Christ! Roberts clipped my arm off!

This ain't a photoshop I used Paint. :colbert:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Happy Holidays? HAPPY HOLIDAYS?!?!

Liberal agenda exposed. It's loving war on Christmas at CIG.

gently caress. Those. Guys.

:colbert:

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015
They made the tank huge just so you could walk around in it. Rather than just make it realistically sized and you just get in through a hatch like non-retarded tanks. Also apparently tanks don't need ground clearance or room for the suspension to move.

gently caress, I've seen smarter tank designs from Warhammer 40k.

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Beet Wagon posted:

These characters look as happy as the people working on the game

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Aesaar posted:

You're being silly.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Aesaar posted:

They made the tank huge just so you could walk around in it. Rather than just make it realistically sized and you just get in through a hatch like non-retarded tanks. Also apparently tanks don't need ground clearance or room for the suspension to move.

You guys are missing the point.

The point isn't to make a functional thing for a fun combat video game.

The point is to get you to buy cool looking jpegs.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Reddit really liked the Terminator reference.

Good.

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
Well, better hurry up now. The Holiday Special Sale is up!

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
the grimdark future where an entire spaceship is lit with a single 40 watt lightbulb

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
someone that's already dead inside, please rewatch the stream and calculate the ratio of actual gameplay to listenting to talking heads, walking through empty corridors or flying in complete silence through space corridors

it's got to be like 40 to 1

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Obviously the dudes at :reddit: loved the ever-living gently caress of the stream. It rekindled their faith and so on but even they noticed the horrible frame rate. But don't worry, because....

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Beet Wagon posted:

Even ingame her character hates you and looks away in silent disgust every time.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Erenthal posted:

someone that's already dead inside, please rewatch the stream and calculate the ratio of actual gameplay to listenting to talking heads, walking through empty corridors or flying in complete silence through space corridors

it's got to be like 40 to 1

I was actually surprised by how much of it was just moving silently. No talking, nothing like that. Just silently burning 5 minutes while the environment moved around you.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

happyhippy posted:

Even ingame her character hates you and looks away in silent disgust every time.

Even her character doesn't want anything to do with this project.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015

Tank Boy Ken posted:

You're being silly.

No, the Glaive is way less stupid than this. It's dumb but least it has space for an engine.

Seriously, where is this thing's engine? Because from the cutout is sure as gently caress isn't in the front or the back.

Aesaar fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Dec 22, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

XK posted:

The one modeled on Sandi still manages to stick out as wooden. :lol:

It's also worth noting that she's in the generic standing pose, they didn't bother to pose her, they just clipped her lower. Look at her arms compared to Old Man (not Oldman)'s

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Dusty Lens posted:

I was actually surprised by how much of it was just moving silently. No talking, nothing like that. Just silently burning 5 minutes while the environment moved around you.

i know that cod and bf and the like are console garbage not worthy of consideration, but they at least have the presence of mind to break up any long movement sequences with squad chatter, dialouge or interesting environmental cues to look at

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Dusty Lens posted:

Reddit really liked the Terminator reference.

Good.

The Star Citizen thread is full of people who are likely to really enjoy RP1, so of course they'll like a really disjointed shoehorned in "joke".

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be Rhona Mitra on the right, not Sandi. That's probably supposed to be Gillian Anderson on the left behind Ser Davos.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Aesaar posted:

Baneblade is the only tank worth using. Variants are welcome to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

grimcreaper posted:

Baneblade is the only tank worth using. Variants are welcome to.

ELEVEN BARRELS OF HELL