Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Who is being open minded about Landis

Tell me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

dromal phrenia posted:

LISTEN AND BELIEVE, ROVERT

Or read the Observer.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I'm going to need you to "subtly" post over and over again about the accuser's supposed alcohol issue before I can weigh in on who to discredit in this matter.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

rovert posted:

For some reason we are being surprisingly open minded about Landis but not about Swann.

wat

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Destroy My Sweater posted:

I'm pretty sure I checked out in front of Rich Swann at a Wawa near Full Sail yesterday.

you cant go calling every homeless man rich swann.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jackie D posted:

Who is being open minded about Landis

Tell me

To save the exact same post being posted I was referring Sanguinia and VJeff's posts on the previous page mainly. Warning signs about Landis were rather larger, overtly stated and on the record in interviews and stuff. The situation with Rich came as a surprise and uncharacteristic. That's pretty much my point. But as I said in the past I don't see how WWE doesn't fire him. The update in the Observer was slightly more optimistic on the possibility though.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont care about max landis or women wrestling

alcoholism and abuse is a serious issue

i really like this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGpFcHTxjZs

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

rovert posted:

To save the exact same post being posted I was referring Sanguinia and VJeff's posts on the previous page mainly. Warning signs about Landis were rather larger, overtly stated and on the record in interviews and stuff. The situation with Rich came as a surprise and uncharacteristic. That's pretty much my point. But as I said in the past I don't see how WWE doesn't fire him. The update in the Observer was slightly more optimistic on the possibility though.

If that's your point just loving say it instead of going "we are being really open minded about Landis, hmmmmmm." You wanna call out Sanguinia and VJeff, then do it.

Let's move on to something from the second week of J-school: specificity.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Stop saying J-School.

You sound like Cody Rhodes or something.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Sorry I'll tell the entire journalism industry that the term bothers you.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oh Snapple! posted:

If you have a Hulu sub you can also watch it there instead of giving WWE money.

To be fair, he can almost certainly get a month of the Network without giving WWE money.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Can't wait for my favorite part of Rovert-posting: him making passive-aggressive implications, people reacting to those implications, Rovert getting offended that people are putting words in his mouth because he never EXPLICITLY said that, followed be people asking him what the loving point of his original post was, J-ru telling everyone to shut up, and then the next three posts are people calling out rovert then editing their posts saying "sorry J-ru didn't see your post".

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Thanks for tossing me and Sanguinia under the bus for liking a dude's YouTube video about wrestling, rov. You're the best.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Rey closing out his career feuding with Ariya on 205 Live:

https://twitter.com/WWEonESPN/status/944276158153216000

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

What everyone would want out of a Rey return: Itami feud, Finn feud, even feud with Metallik

What everyone would get out of a Rey return: putting over Enzo harder than anyone not named Roman Reigns has been put over in the past four years, getting randomly chokeslammed by Kane again to hype him up for a world title shot in 2019 after he comes back fulltime from losing his mayoral bid

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Rey makes a stupid amount of money for wrestling like 5 times a year. I have no clue why he'd want to put up with WWE's poo poo again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

Thanks for tossing me and Sanguinia under the bus for liking a dude's YouTube video about wrestling, rov. You're the best.

To be fair there were plenty of warning signs about you.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rey will eventually do one last run, work a couple ppvs, and enter the HOF, but he seems content to pop houses at his buddy's promotions for now

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

rey mysterio is the only person who could ever get anyone to give a poo poo about 205 live

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Chris James 2 posted:

What everyone would want out of a Rey return: Itami feud, Finn feud, even feud with Metallik

What everyone would get out of a Rey return: putting over Enzo harder than anyone not named Roman Reigns has been put over in the past four years, getting randomly chokeslammed by Kane again to hype him up for a world title shot in 2019 after he comes back fulltime from losing his mayoral bid

I don't know if Kane will lose his mayoral bid. He's running in a pretty conservative area, and has some big name GOP guys backing/endorsing him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
*Writes "they should have trios titles in WWE" post in preparation for when Rey gets back to suggest that the three luchadors they have can be a team*

Oh wait they have Sin Cara right now!

They should have trios titles in WWE.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

are there any attitude era wrestlers that aren't conservative/libertarian nerds

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Ostentatious posted:

Kevin Nash.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There is Nash.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

*Writes "they should have trios titles in WWE" post in preparation for when Rey gets back to suggest that the three luchadors they have can be a team*

Oh wait they have Sin Cara right now!

They should have trios titles in WWE.

Forgotten story from this year. Remember when Sin Cara signed a fat new contract extension and was going to be "WWE's next Latin America star" two months ago. Beat Corbin on TV and then: https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=3669&page=4

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Ostentatious posted:

Does Kevin Nash count? If so, he isn't conservative.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

oh right kevin nash Big Sexy is cool and good

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ostentatious posted:

oh right kevin nash Big Sexy is cool and good

Also big and sexy

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/FrontRowBrian/status/944400037081239552

https://twitter.com/FrontRowBrian/status/944401157342093312

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/944401465837174785

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

VJeff posted:

It's OK VJeff, at least the RXT Silver and Black will always be 4-Lyfe.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

Forgotten story from this year. Remember when Sin Cara signed a fat new contract extension and was going to be "WWE's next Latin America star" two months ago. Beat Corbin on TV and then: https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=3669&page=4

Didn't he suffer an injury? Not that I'd expect him to have been pushed regardless but I vaguely recall him being hurt at a house show, working through it and then just fading into the background?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Didn't he suffer an injury? Not that I'd expect him to have been pushed regardless but I vaguely recall him being hurt at a house show, working through it and then just fading into the background?

Without looking it up it was worse than it seemed. He did a horrible twist on his ankle and turned out fine.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Benne posted:

Rey makes a stupid amount of money for wrestling like 5 times a year. I have no clue why he'd want to put up with WWE's poo poo again.

Ego. Nothing compares to 18,000 people cheering when you make your entrance. And if he does WM that's like 80,000 standing on their feet thanking you for your career.

Like my old boss went to a Hardy Boys Q and A a couple years ago and Jeff said they were gonna be back in WWE before they retired and they're there now. Some dudes just want that one last run before hanging up their boots forever.

Strawberry Panda fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Dec 23, 2017

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

rovert posted:

...like, seriously? Sin Cara? Because suddenly pushing Jinder after close to a decade as a jobber with no momentum and no credibility really made him a huge Indian Star, so they thought repeating that was a good plan?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

People like Sin Cara.

It's because they think he's Kalisto, but still.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Masks sell

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Sin Cara is just about old enough for WWE to push him

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Apparently those shoes they did for him sold out super fast.

Sanguinia posted:

It's OK VJeff, at least the RXT Silver and Black will always be 4-Lyfe.

I promise not to kick you out for a cheap pop that's followed by us both dropping down the card like stones.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Dec 23, 2017

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Sanguinia posted:

...like, seriously? Sin Cara? Because suddenly pushing Jinder after close to a decade as a jobber with no momentum and no credibility really made him a huge Indian Star, so they thought repeating that was a good plan?

Those are such wildly different scenarios

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Jinder has more going for him than Sin Cara. Both are bad workers but at least Jinder has nice tits.

• Locked thread