Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Dusty Lens posted:

Yeah I said kind of make it like Wall-E but this obviously over done.

It must be magic working for him.

Yeah, his vision is full of illusions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Incitatus posted:

He would just blame to programmers for coding it wrong. He told them exactly what to do, not his fault they can't code it.
He even used his waviest wavy hands! Like this *swoosh swoosh chop chop* why can't you fuckers *chop chop hands begin flapping like ducks* understand meeeee make the space game I tell you to

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

RattiRatto posted:

Wow
They just fired off everything they made in these years of development
Like every single cut scene and mocap which was aired in a AtV or whatever those Sandi's shows are called were shown here
We just witnessed the game. Literally 100% of what was developed was in there, there is nothing more. So we just saw the whole game. They just cut out the ending since they are still working on it, but includes some vanduls or pew pew

Pretty much. :)

Mission 2 will only take 2 years to develop though instead of 4 because the pipelines have fully kicked in in their fully staffed multinational corporation.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

quote:

Combat Theory
A friend who would like to stay anonymous felt compelled to write an effortpost about the performance situation in star citizen 3.0 and CIGs future outlook.

It's s a long post but it's well worth the read.

I take no credit for this.

Holy poo poo! What a great post!!!!!!!

:five: :five: :five:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This makes me dizzy to watch.

Also Ser Davik looks a lot like the actor. Good job!

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcHAfaQh3QE&t=2836s
Well yeah we know the framerate sucks, but nobody has done this before!

Just make this part feel like:
Call of Duty...
Solid Snake......
Zelda...
StarCraft...
The Sims...

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Latin Pheonix posted:

I swear to god, this whole CIG/SC/S42 situation sometimes reaches divine comedy levels of parody.

Room looks gross.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

The Titanic posted:

This makes me dizzy to watch.

Also Ser Davik looks a lot like the actor. Good job!

He's literally the only recognizable person.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Meanwhile in that Star Citizen knockoff that will never amount to anything and is only propped up by FUD spreading goons:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRuovn1yZP8

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sarsapariller posted:

Meanwhile in that Star Citizen knockoff that will never amount to anything and is only propped up by FUD spreading goons:

See this probably incur very little engineering debt to accomplish, all of it was utilizing assets you arleady had and mechanics that already existed. And yet its infinitely more immersive that anything CIG has done to date.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Sarsapariller posted:

Imagine if CIG tried to do that. Crobbler would insist on every passenger being fully rendered and would have to board the ship correctly and fasten their accurately modelled seat belts before departure. Each passenger would need it's own individual mocap and VA routines. Some of them might be Thargoid sympathisers and turn on the ship's crew and other passengers. Stowaway escapees might be hiding in gravity goo crates. Each escapee would have their individual requirements for comfort, and need regular refreshments from the Drinksmaster machine.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

nawledgelambo posted:

merry chris(t)mass goonies

TheAgent posted:

just remember this is the PC gaming experience of a lifetime
https://giphy.com/gifs/3ohc0WdF3BSZQRKBfG/html5

It's not too late to pivot and rebrand SC as a comedy game. I would buy it.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Wise Learned Man posted:

It's not too late to pivot and rebrand SC as a comedy game. I would buy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpl2ZwT4rq0

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Well sure, it's funny. But not to SC's standard of fidelity hilarity.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I can buy a completed game for $60.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Heh, and then someone will install and play that game for free right?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

juggalo baby coffin posted:

old gamers who dont remember what old games were actually like and dont play modern games all cheering over this thing that represents the worst excesses of gaming in all ways

its a walking simulator with bad ai, it runs poorly, its full of 'press f to pay respects' inner thoughts poo poo

I agree here. :)

The rose colored glasses are powerful.

I too have great memories of Ultima 4 and Starflight and Time of Lore and Commodore 64 Pirates!

But they all aged horribly. I don’t think people quite remember how poo poo 320x200 pixel graphics actually looked.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jesus, now it was made and painted "by a fan" instead of the team.

Reddit is so eager to gobble crobbler's knob they can't even stick to party propaganda :psyduck:

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

The Titanic posted:

I too have great memories of Ultima 4 and Starflight and Time of Lore and Commodore 64 Pirates!

But they all aged horribly. I don’t think people quite remember how poo poo 320x200 pixel graphics actually looked.

Agreed. It’s near impossible to go back and experience them again with any lasting enthusiasm. But at the time, they were some of the most amazing moments. Is Ultima 4 the one with the whirlpool in the ocean?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

good

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

TheAgent posted:

just remember this is the PC gaming experience of a lifetime

What's that big half cue-ball on your left thing?

e: Fixed your gif, Agent.

Toops fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Dec 24, 2017

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Who was that nutball that remodeled his basement into the bridge of the Constellation? Wasn't that like $100 from the Home Depot?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Where the hell is the no joke worm?

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Virtual Captain posted:

Stimpire mission CONFIRMED :eyepop:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
for what its worth elite dangerous is also incredibly boring lovely graphics and a dumb game

but it's a game that actually exists so it has that going for it

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

MERRY CHRISTMAS SPERGS!

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Lladre posted:

Where the hell is the no joke worm?

You ever try to t pose a worm.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Play good games.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Friends, if you're doing any last minute Christmas shopping, don't forget to pick up blue cheese for your Christmas tacos. Your friends and family will thank you!

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Sarsapariller posted:

Alright Elite, now we're talking... This looks great!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Teikanmi posted:

for what its worth elite dangerous is also incredibly boring lovely graphics and a dumb game

but it's a game that actually exists so it has that going for it

The Citizen argument that "$Othergame is terrible!" never makes sense to me as a defense of Star Citizen. Two games can be terrible. And as you say, one game can be terrible and another game be terrible and also unfinished and unplayable.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
It looks ok

space games are doomed to be like as boring as hell if you don't like space trucking, at least in like X3 you get to build fuckoff huge capital ships and gently caress up the galaxy after your endless space trucking

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sarsapariller posted:

The thing is with that is that the voice acting there is on point. It's very much "WE'RE IN DEEP poo poo AND IF YOU'RE NOT HERE TO HELP gently caress OFF"

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Colostomy Bag posted:

Who was that nutball that remodeled his basement into the bridge of the Constellation? Wasn't that like $100 from the Home Depot?

Evarr Slipstream/Captain Slipstream/Ellindar: ***Updated on 12/6/2015*** My Real Life Constellation Bridge WIP! Livestream TODAY!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

The Titanic posted:

Starflight was epic, open world space game brilliance at a time when the tech could only crudely approximate the soaring creative ambition. Unlike most PG titles then and now, which too often finds the mathematically arbitrary scale undermining or destroying a player’s sense of meaningful activity, Starflight managed to infuse the game with a compelling narrative arc full of mystery, humor, surprise and urgency.

Yet indeed, it has aged very poorly and is sorely in need of a proper re-envisioning in the modern era... If only there was a studio out there that knew a thing or two about building large, open-world, exploration and discovery gameplay experiences filled with lots of unique races, quests, crafted locations, and all that goodness. A studio willing to take old IP and reboot it for the modern gaming era. A studio that longed to finally broaden their own limited offerings into the sci-fi realm. That had years to throw at the project in secret without telling anyone just how much time and money they were committing to doing that glorious original masterpiece some kind of justice.

If only...

Ah well, a guy can dream right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Combat Theory posted:

A friend who would like to stay anonymous felt compelled to write an effortpost about the performance situation in star citizen 3.0 and CIGs future outlook.

It's s a long post but it's well worth the read.

I take no credit for this.

:piss: