Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

yes this is nintendo and yes more pro controllers are on the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

TVs Ian posted:

And today is my birthday, they sent me a 30% off email, but I can’t use it because it’s down. Oh well.

Wait, they send out 30% off emails on your birthday? I didn't get anything.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
It's 30% off a very limited selection.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Pretty sure the code they sent me on my birthday this year was for Wii U and 3DS stuff only.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I can get on the eShop in Europe now.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I got Fire Emblem Warriors for Christmas and I'm wondering what opinions are about the DLC. I bought the DLC sight unseen for Hyrule Warriors because I loved it so much, but was mostly disappointed because of its absurdly inflated difficulty and lack of progression for the new characters. How's the first FEW DLC shaken out?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

I got Mario Rabbids, and it's been incredibly easy... until the first midboss.

What am I missing? You're surrounded by bad dudes that need focus fire to kill, the boss can hit you behind full cover, and will murder someone in four turns while having enough health to live to five, after wiping out all his backup.

So what am I missing, or is it intended that you can't get a Perfect on every fight?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Make full use of dash/jump damage, for later stuff always keep weapons up to date on who you use most. Also you can respec abilities before any battle, so keep that in mind too.

I played through only moving on from a chapter if I got all perfects, so it's possible to do it, you just may need to shuffle characters/points a lot.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

I don't have skill trees, and my weapons all do the same amount of damage.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
If it's still that early, then yeah just make sure to get your dash/jump damage in, and hope for a little luck regarding status effects.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Seedge posted:

I got Mario Rabbids, and it's been incredibly easy... until the first midboss.

What am I missing? You're surrounded by bad dudes that need focus fire to kill, the boss can hit you behind full cover, and will murder someone in four turns while having enough health to live to five, after wiping out all his backup.

So what am I missing, or is it intended that you can't get a Perfect on every fight?

You can replay stages later on to get perfects with your skilled up / leveled up characters.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

That's good to hear. I haven't even unlocked jump damage yet :D

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Iirc, you only have to kill the miniboss, don't waste time going after the other enemies if you can get away with it.

I should get back into Rabbids, I stopped when I couldn't perfect clear the spooky world bonus chapter first time.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Rabbids cranks up the difficulty quick and then doesn’t gently caress around. I really enjoy the game. Quite surprising that it’s as good as it is.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
The first midboss does feel somewhat like bullshit because his toolset outmatches yours and it almost turned me of from the game. But after him various mechanics opens up and the game gets pretty fuckin' good.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Got a Switch for Christmas.
Mario Odyssey is extremely cool

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Augus posted:

Got a Switch for Christmas.
Mario Odyssey is extremely cool

:yeah:

I only have two moons left. Darker Side which I've been saving for the end, and loving volleyball which makes me want to die.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
My dad accidentally bought me the EU version of a game for my US Swtich, and I know that the Switch is region free. Will I have any issues playing it? Like the whole 50hz/60hz display thing on a TV?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

My dad accidentally bought me the EU version of a game for my US Swtich, and I know that the Switch is region free. Will I have any issues playing it? Like the whole 50hz/60hz display thing on a TV?

Nope, since displays have gone digital, the whole 50hz/60hz thing has sort of deprecated. Just make an EU Nintendo Account on your Switch to download it and you can use your NA account to play it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Nope, since displays have gone digital, the whole 50hz/60hz thing has sort of deprecated. Just make an EU Nintendo Account on your Switch to download it and you can use your NA account to play it.

They shouldn’t need to download anything if it’s a cart. Should just work after putting it in the system.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dr. Fetus posted:

So about that paid online Nintendo has planned? It got delayed to fall 2018.

Please understand, we must delay the virtual console to sell more tiny consoles.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

SeANMcBAY posted:

They shouldn’t need to download anything if it’s a cart. Should just work after putting it in the system.

Right, I'm getting used to my all digital future I've committed myself to recently.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Spacebump posted:

Please understand, we must delay the virtual console to sell more tiny consoles.

Nobody should be complaining about them extending the free online play period

Remember it’s gonna be charged as soon as this comes out and kill the community for some games

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Bloop posted:

I only have two moons left. Darker Side which I've been saving for the end, and loving volleyball which makes me want to die.

I didn’t find Volleyball nearly as bad as the jump rope. I used the trick where you put the game in 2 player mode and use Cappy to hit the ball.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I did the Cappy trick for volleyball and then Talkatoo glitch for jump rope.

Getting thebTalkatoo glitch to work was way more fun then trying to jump rope 100 times.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Strawberry Panda posted:

Getting thebTalkatoo glitch to work was way more fun then trying to jump rope 100 times.
I did the same, for the same reason.

I guess I'll try the Cappy thing for volleyball. It's just so slow when it starts I want to die when I have to restart.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Strawberry Panda posted:

Oh man, please tell me this hasn't been patched yet. I could not for the life of me get the jump rope moon with jumping regularly or with the scooter.

Also, I got some gift cards and I'm thinking about getting Xenoblade 2 to tide me over until Bayo 2 comes out. Yes/no?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Awesome, thanks! And yeah, its a cart so I'll be good.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Strawberry Panda posted:

I did the Cappy trick for volleyball and then Talkatoo glitch for jump rope.

What glitch is this?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zerilan posted:

What glitch is this?

It's finicky. Search for a video.

Also I can say it remains unpatched as of this morning.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I can now post in the Nintendo Switch thread because I now am a Nintendo Switch owner.

I am now best friends with Mario. We're going to see the world together.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Bloop posted:

Switch to co-op and then just run Mario out of the ring and do the whole thing with Cappy

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I'm taking another crack at figuring out split-screen single-joycon multiplayer in Rocket League, but it makes no loving sense. When I press SL+SR, it auto-adds the controller as half of a joycon pair. If I sync the joycons as singles on the home screen and then go into Rocket League, the joycons that aren't already part of the party get turned off. I managed to finally get it right one time, but it was after a couple minutes of loving with the joycons and I have no idea how to repro it.

And there's still the issue of needing to create separate local accounts for each player, and having to cancel out of the constant prompts to create/sign into a Nintendo Account.

I just want some split-screen Rocket League for the holidays :smith:

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
I got a Steam gift card for Christmas but I basically have no interest in playing games on anything but the Switch. Does anyone know a decent way to swap it for a Nintendo eStore card? Or are my options basically "get 60% of the value from some website" or "get scammed to hell and back"?

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

404notfound posted:

I'm taking another crack at figuring out split-screen single-joycon multiplayer in Rocket League, but it makes no loving sense. When I press SL+SR, it auto-adds the controller as half of a joycon pair. If I sync the joycons as singles on the home screen and then go into Rocket League, the joycons that aren't already part of the party get turned off. I managed to finally get it right one time, but it was after a couple minutes of loving with the joycons and I have no idea how to repro it.

And there's still the issue of needing to create separate local accounts for each player, and having to cancel out of the constant prompts to create/sign into a Nintendo Account.

I just want some split-screen Rocket League for the holidays :smith:

What happens if you just go into split screen without syncing the controllers?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

creationist believer posted:

I got a Steam gift card for Christmas but I basically have no interest in playing games on anything but the Switch. Does anyone know a decent way to swap it for a Nintendo eStore card? Or are my options basically "get 60% of the value from some website" or "get scammed to hell and back"?

SA Mart should work for you

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

Shop smart! Shop SA Mart!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Gamegratulations to all new Switch owners. I wish I could wipe my brain and start BotW and Odyssey fresh over and over again, they're 2 of the most magical gaming experiences I've had since I was a little kid

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Infinitum posted:

Oh right, duh. Sometimes I forget this is an actual community and not just a place to put my lovely posts. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
The Switch is perfect for when you’re laying in bed on Christmas with the stomach flu.

• Locked thread