Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Quit your job, abandon your family and ignore your bills. Only then can you truly understand how good this game about anime swords that have huge tits really is

It’s really good op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

People who say that FF13 gets good 20 hours in are wrong anyway.

It never gets good. A good combat system does not save that garbage game.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Weedle posted:

“No, seriously, it gets good after 20 hours” - XB2 fans

Same could be said about XB1 except the difference is that XB1 was actually legit good

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Louisgod posted:

Same could be said about XB1 except the difference is that XB1 was actually legit good

The combat in 2 is leagues better than 1.

It's not even close. I like 1 but it's combat is kind of garbage.

Though 2 is better in most ways sans nostalgia.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Pollyanna posted:

Decided to get a 64gb SDXC cause gently caress paying $100 for a memory card. It'll be enough for my purposes.

You should have been able to get a good 128gb for around $40.

Edit: Way late and beaten.

Pug Rodeo fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Dec 26, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Andrast posted:

Actually it's good from the start

Also lol 'good gameplay can't save this game!'

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
FF13 starts fine but then the plots meanders into a confusing nonsensical mess and it just isn't worth it anymore

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

FF13’s combat system was cool and good.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Actually it's good from the start

Also lol 'good gameplay can't save this game!'

When everything else is garbage and the combat system doesn’t let you play it properly until you are like 20 hours in it indeed can’t save the game

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

FF13 is actually real bad.

XB2 is bad but it's the new game so we'll play it anyway.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Worse endeavor: 900 korok seeds or 880 moons?

RealityWarCriminal fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Dec 26, 2017

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Reality Loser posted:

Worse endeavor: 900 korok seeds or 880 moons

easily the seeds

nintendo straight up mocks you if you collect them them all.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AlphaKeny1 posted:

XB2 is bad but it's the new game so we'll play it anyway.

I have plenty of other new games to play though

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Detective No. 27 posted:

My left joycon has had some bad analog stick drift. Anyone have a decent solution? I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and call Nintendo on this one for servicing.

I had this issue with my launch Switch and I ended up just having to send the joycon twice. The first time they “cleaned it” which didn’t fix it and then the second time they just replaced it. Worked fine ever since:m.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ok cool. I sent it in once for the desync issue. I'd be ok if they sent me a new one.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Andrast posted:

I have plenty of other new games to play though

Then play them?

Not sure anyone gives a gently caress how you spend your time playing single player games.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Reality Loser posted:

Definitely the seeds. I got 880 moons and it wasn't really any trouble. I can't even imagine getting all 900 seeds. I wont even attempt it.

content
Feb 13, 2014

Anyone have an issue where the joycon stick works fine for world roaming, but doesn't select text options (up or down) unless your push it really hard?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pug Rodeo posted:

You should have been able to get a good 128gb for around $40.

Edit: Way late and beaten.

Immediate gratification and laziness fucks me over yet again :(

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Best combat system in any FF is XII closely followed by 8.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mutant Standard posted:

easily the seeds

nintendo straight up mocks you if you collect them them all.

I love that. Literally a piece of poo poo for a reward.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Best combat system in any FF is XII closely followed by 8.

If you mean worst, then yes.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Hey quick question, if I load eshop credit on my 3DS, can I use that balance on my switch as well or nah?

EDIT: \/ Thank you!

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Dec 26, 2017

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

Hey quick question, if I load eshop credit on my 3DS, can I use that balance on my switch as well or nah?

You can, there's a thing you can do in the switch eShop to merge your wallet

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

XC2 isn't really all that linear beyond having to go from one area/titan to another to progress the story, but that's pretty much any RPG. You can still venture off where you're at and do a number of side quests which are available, salvage stuff for cash, etc. The combat does take a while to open up but it's pretty solid once it does. The biggest flaws with the game are the core rarity/transferring them, and that there are a lot of little bullshit time sinks on the optional content. The English voice acting is hit or miss but has more good VAs than not. Nia is also the cool and the best.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Reality Loser posted:

Korok seeds, there's like 5 different challenges to get them that just rotate pretty much. At least the moons had a bit more variety.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Man I thought I was doing good with 15 out of 100 seeds after getting BotW a couple of days ago. There's 900 of the drat things?!

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Man I thought I was doing good with 15 out of 100 seeds after getting BotW a couple of days ago. There's 900 of the drat things?!

It only takes 441 of them to max your inventory. Other than that all you’re getting is a big golden turd.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

Immediate gratification and laziness fucks me over yet again :(

For future reference, Staples will price-match Amazon.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Andrast posted:

It had a good combat system?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kashuno posted:

It had a good combat system?

It had a very good combat system once the game actually let you play it properly.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It was the natural conclusion of an ATB system, abstracting away the details of what move you use in exchange for focusing on higher-level strategic decisions. If you fundamentally don't like ATB then no amount of refinement will help though.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Gimme ff12 Zodiac Age on Switch, that had a good system.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FF12 is trash and plays itself

acksplode
May 17, 2004

You can program FF12 to play itself, it's great

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I want to swallow my JoyCons and choke to death but I'm afraid the HD Rumble will be intense enough to jar them loose in my esophagus.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

FF12 is my favorite FF other than 9

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Louisgod posted:

I dunno, I thought XB1 had possibly the best opening I'd ever seen in a JRPG.

It opened on two titans fighting, boom, takes two minutes to establish the mythology. Next is the war with the Mechon and Dunban fighting with the Monado, double boom, now we know there's a war going on and it's over a lightsabre. That's three main story arcs done in less than twenty minutes, and all three are important and relevant for the next 60 odd hours of game. It's good poo poo and half the reason the game is so well loved is because it was efficient and effective with front loading it's world building, making sure a new player had all the most important pieces shown to them before they even started the game proper, and implicitly promising that the game will get around to explaining how all three of those arcs relate.

Course, the game keeps going after those three story arcs are completed, which is why the last quarter or so of the game is kind of a muddled mess cause it's strongest narrative threads are wrapped up and the loose threads aren't nearly as interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Weedle posted:

For future reference, Staples will price-match Amazon.

Yikes bet that makes the inflated price tag he paid sting even more!!

• Locked thread