Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Saint Drogo posted:

finally a whale who gets it

e: Dehumanise yourself and face to the stimpire

What the gently caress is he saying???

no_recall posted:

Someone please explain to me what he's saying. Way too stimperical.

:same:

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Dec 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

XK posted:

5x concierge ($5,000?).

Has yet to complete a single mission in 3.0.

Starting to lose a bit of enthusiasm.

So how much do people get for these missions, anyway?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

The Titanic posted:

So how much do people get for these missions, anyway?

If the 1,000 SC bucks per $1 holds true, 11.7 cents for delivering that box.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Kayak noooo :(

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

no_recall posted:

Hey all, just got back from my parents' place at the mountains with crap for network. Make sure you call yours and tell them you love them.

Now onto the interesting bits.

Current progress though I'm not sure when it ends, I'll just cut it on the 31st Dec 2017.

Winner(s) to be called after the New Year.
The numbers:

2017-12-22 $68,832
2017-12-23 $188,723
2017-12-24 $190,559
2017-12-25 $152,451
2017-12-26 $147,661

Current Tally: 0.748M

Current DeathToll:
Phi230 50bux
EminusSleepus Wanpipdy
Lack of Gravitas Put me down for the price of a couple of first-class tickets from LA to Switzerland and two weeks chalet hire in St Moritz.
Sarsapariller 500k

drat, foiled by my assumption that they would only run the sale for two days at most. Who knew they'd let it run through Jan 15th or whatever? Oh well, godspeed you crazy tracker.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

no_recall posted:

Someone please explain to me what he's saying. Way too stimperical.

Baa baa, sheep noises. Look, here are the things I have been told I have to save: my marriage, American democracy, and the right vision of Star Citizen.

What the gently caress, Failure to Report. Right now, I've got time but no money in all three. What the gently caress do these bitches want from a Citizen?

The God's truth is that I am not going to save any [of the three things I was told to save]. All three are as foul as poo poo.

Yes.

Let it all burn.

Merry Christmas and Happy loving Holidays. May 2018 not be the poo poo that 2017 was! Irrelevant Bible verse.

You know, this new direction Chuck Palahniuk's been taking is a bit off.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Bootcha posted:

Thankfully, you don't have glitch in order to travel to this here youtube video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGq4YEp8QUY

This is good, this is like a proper quirky documentary now

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

XK posted:

If the 1,000 SC bucks per $1 holds true, 11.7 cents for delivering that box.

12c (rounded) per mission. Lets give it a good conservative assumption of 15c (value!) per standard mission for deliveries, with the high of 20c for more difficult SS class missions.

15c for a 10 min mission is 1.5c per minute made, this is assuming missions can't be stacked. If they can. I would average 1.5x pay per stack and a diminishing return of sorts.

$0.015 = 1 minute
$45 = 3000 minutes / 50 hours / 2+ full days

So to get an Aurora, its 2 FULL days of running missions (lol)

Lets say a Polaris,
$750.00 = 50000 minutes / 833.333333 hours / 34 FULL Days

WTF is Crobbers thinking?

e: To add to this, since ships are at their lowest prices now, I would add that even accounting for inflation post launch, things will remain relatively the same with some adjustments to the numbers.

So, TLDR: BUY A POLARIS.

no_recall fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Dec 27, 2017

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

no_recall posted:

10 min mission

Woah, let's not get crazy here. They are easily 30 minute missions.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

30 minute missions where your ship runs out of a fuel at 35 minutes, or where you're yelling at a broken NPC to accept your box at 45 minutes.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

SpaceCurtisLeMay posted:

I haven't read the thread, but he may have. It's interesting that he mentioned the MiG-21UM specifically. Chances are I know the very aircraft he is talking about. It was for sale a couple years ago by an aviation museum in San Diego for about $70,000. I also know the ferry pilot who last flew it from Vermont to San Diego. It cost him his pilots license when he thought he was out of FAA radar contact over the desert and decided to goose the engines and take it super sonic.

I know quite a bit about this aircraft because I seriously considered buying it in 2014. As in I ran the numbers and contacted several local A&P's. Decided against it for two reasons. One there were no one familiar with the engine around me. Two: it was nearly $5,000/hr to fly the thing. $3500/hr in fuel alone. I fly 20 - 30 hours a year usually and it would cost my wife's entire annual salary to afford to fuel the drat plane. My max budget for flying is about $20,000 a year.

Join us.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

no_recall posted:

12c (rounded) per mission. Lets give it a good conservative assumption of 15c (value!) per standard mission for deliveries, with the high of 20c for more difficult SS class missions.

That makes Rockstar's business model look like they're running a charity.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

no_recall posted:

Hey all, just got back from my parents' place at the mountains with crap for network. Make sure you call yours and tell them you love them.

Now onto the interesting bits.

Current progress though I'm not sure when it ends, I'll just cut it on the 31st Dec 2017.

Winner(s) to be called after the New Year.
The numbers:

2017-12-22 $68,832
2017-12-23 $188,723
2017-12-24 $190,559
2017-12-25 $152,451
2017-12-26 $147,661

Current Tally: 0.748M

Current DeathToll:
Phi230 50bux
EminusSleepus Wanpipdy
Lack of Gravitas Put me down for the price of a couple of first-class tickets from LA to Switzerland and two weeks chalet hire in St Moritz.
Sarsapariller 500k

poo poo.
My 2.7m is too much.
Come on Shitizens, get buying Idrises

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Stumbled across another Star Citizen competitor in my internet wanderings tonight. Real new but it has some amazing potential- FPS and homeworld-style action, merged. Very impressive early tech demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EvGxTe-nuw
https://www.facebook.com/Hades9Game/

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

Stumbled across another Star Citizen competitor in my internet wanderings tonight. Real new but it has some amazing potential- FPS and homeworld-style action, merged. Very impressive early tech demo:

LOD looks a lot cooler than I remember though a bit dark now

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

someone please explain this goddamn reverence CR inspires

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Saint Drogo posted:

I'm an idiot on the internet, BUT...

I think it has to do with a mixture of: Spent too much money on game and know it but won't admit it/desperately lonely and wanting a community/hope that the game will be all the things they fantasize about.

And Chris is the one who runs the company. If Chris fails, the "dream" fails.

They're desperately hoping that the words they're typing are true.

When this fails they'll turn against Chris in a really bad way.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

I'm an idiot on the internet, BUT...

I think it has to do with a mixture of: Spent too much money on game and know it but won't admit it/desperately lonely and wanting a community/hope that the game will be all the things they fantasize about.

And Chris is the one who runs the company. If Chris fails, the "dream" fails.

They're desperately hoping that the words they're typing are true.

When this fails they'll turn against Chris in a really bad way.

IIRC the proto-cult started on WCNews under Ben, and Star Citizen backers got initiated into it.

That last part kind of scares me. People will kill themselves over this, and some people may try to kill other people over it.

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

no_recall posted:

15c for a 10 min mission is 1.5c per minute made, this is assuming missions can't be stacked. If they can. I would average 1.5x pay per stack and a diminishing return of sorts.

$0.015 = 1 minute
$45 = 3000 minutes / 50 hours / 2+ full days

So to get an Aurora, its 2 FULL days of running missions (lol)

Lets say a Polaris,
$750.00 = 50000 minutes / 833.333333 hours / 34 FULL Days

WTF is Crobbers thinking?

e: To add to this, since ships are at their lowest prices now, I would add that even accounting for inflation post launch, things will remain relatively the same with some adjustments to the numbers.

So, TLDR: BUY A POLARIS.

Wasn't it aUEC or something so you couldnt actually buy more ships? Only rent weapons and rent clothing?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Reminds me of a murder case once.

Soldier goes on a deployment overseas to an out in the middle of nowhere place for a little over a year. Comes home to wife and kids, everything is fine for a little while.

Then, sporadically, over several months weird packages of cut up clothes and items start arriving at the house. Soldier tells his wife: "Ha ha, just a prank. Don't worry about it."

We find the guy dead in his back yard.

If you can't guess he found a lover while overseas and then ran off back to his family. Lover believed all the bullshit lies he told and went nuts when it all collapsed.

Local PD found the lover about a mile off base. Pulled over and ate a bullet.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
When star citizen is liquidated, might the rights and digital assets for some of these spaceships sell for less than the dollar price to fly them in the game?

bandaid.friend fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Dec 27, 2017

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

Regrettable posted:

FTR basically already did this and it was pretty funny.

I am honestly blown away by the mental gymnastics. Since 3.0 has come out, Citizen's have been loving raving like insane rabid monkeys over the amazing gameplay SC 3.0 has brought......the same people who will go on and on about how "loving shallow and boring" Elite Dangerous is.

Star Citizen finally has missions of goods! Wow! Look at how good it is! You can buy goods from a terminal and then run them to another terminal! AMAZING! So original!

Star Citizen is literally 2-3 years minimum behind getting the basic mechanics Elite Dangerous has into their build, but because you can get up from your seat, it's MUCH MUCH deeper than that lovely game Elite!

I mean, no joke, I've streamed Elite Dangerous and had citizens show up in chat trying to troll how "bad" elite is compared to Star Citizen literally right after I point out that SC is struggling to get the exact same mechanics Elite has, BUT they are implementing them with way more tedious and grindy gameplay........yet they say "Elite is so loving boring, Zzzzzzz, it's never going to be as good as SC!"

STAR CITIZEN IS TRYING TO BE THE SAME loving GAME YOU IDIOT!

The Elite VS Star Citizen argument they make is literally one of the biggest triggers for me with these people. How can anyone be THIS loving stupid?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

XK posted:

Who's letting the Star Citizen NPCs post on the Internet?

This is a brief momemt of sentience from a Star Citizen server, trying to figure out how to say “KILL ME.”

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

Kavak posted:

IIRC the proto-cult started on WCNews under Ben, and Star Citizen backers got initiated into it.

That last part kind of scares me. People will kill themselves over this, and some people may try to kill other people over it.

Pretty much this. I wouldn't want to be Chris at this point.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

bandaid.friend posted:

When star citizen is liquidated, might the rights and digital assets for some of these spaceships sell for less than the dollar price to fly them in the game?

Steam store bulk asset packs, at best. They're so hacked up to fit into the frankenstein engine, maybe not even that.

I can't imagine them being of any use to anyone.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I think part of it is they think in today's saturated market of dime a dozen AAA FPS games (and to be fair, they are right in this aspect, the fact that the market is saturated with FPS games), Chris is going to return them to the glory days that was the land before Wolfenstein 3D opened that door. Elite is a ~competitor~ and a false god.

The thing is I can't trust Chris to deliver at this point, even with my token contribution.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Sarsapariller posted:

This was named Novus Aeterno from KS.

Sourcing my quotes : http://forum.novusaeterno.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14825

no_recall fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Dec 27, 2017

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

no_recall posted:

This was named Novus Aeterno from KS.

So the YouTube video said "Broken Planet"

the Facebook link says "Hades9"

and it also has a kickstarter name?

God dammit, it looked interesting too :/

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

FailureToReport posted:

So the YouTube video said "Broken Planet"

the Facebook link says "Hades9"

and it also has a kickstarter name?

God dammit, it looked interesting too :/

Its loving old and I completely forgot I backed it until they started sending me updates again in December.

e: Just to add, unlike star citizen these guys worked their asses off and there was a really playable build.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

If you have faith then you don't know. That's why it's faith.

Saint Drogo posted:

People are suckers, and once they've bought in it's incredibly hard to get them out. If Chris is not the savior of gaming then backing him would be foolish, and it's safer to believe that Chris is competent than to accept that you have been fooled.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

The Titanic posted:

I’m just out to justify people’s stories, the more outlandish the better the story can be. The best ones are still the “I’m a secret agent who can wreck you if I wanted to, lucky for you I don’t... yet!” guys because they’re really off the deep end.

It’s possible this dude is a pilot or former Air Force or navy pilot, but I somehow doubt it. :shrug:

You can get a flight on or even outright own a mig-21/29 as a civilian if you're rich and have silly money. Guy is an idiot to say the -21 has bad vis for dogfighting, landing yes, but not in flight.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Will Star Citizen have this?

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

People are suckers, and once they've bought in it's incredibly hard to get them out. If Chris is not the savior of gaming then backing him would be foolish, and it's safer to believe that Chris is competent than to accept that you have been fooled.

Remember how even months after realizing SC was a sham, you kept praising the mushmouth fucker's personal charisma and raw animal magnetism?

Because it wasn't that you were suckered like a total loving idiot, god of course not, Chris Roberts is just that good a salesman. Yes, that was it.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Dogeh posted:

poo poo.
My 2.7m is too much.
Come on Shitizens, get buying Idrises

Yeah. Last sale I said .8m. This one I said 3.2m. Go figured. CIG lets me down again.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Hobold posted:

Yeah. Last sale I said .8m. This one I said 3.2m. Go figured. CIG lets me down again.

clearly we dont understand the funding development.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
There's something about Chris Roberts though. My partner, who knows nothing about Star Citizen beyond 'someone named Derek called something', watched some of the recent stream with me and of Chris she said something along the lines of "I want to believe what he's selling."

I do think that Ol Crobbler is a pretty good salesman in that sense. I think he's the definition of an infectious enthusiasm, even if he has no idea what he's talking about and people don't tend to like him with prolonged exposure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Some cultures treat people who smile too much as untrustworthy and manipulative, not the West!