Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I just got wrecked in the arena by an aTiki I didn't realise had vantage until it was too late and none of my units could damage her.

Also count me in for the terrifying tank version of Lachesis that we all deserve. God I love her, she's such a monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

acumen posted:

Does anyone else actually just like this game for its team building and strategy or does everyone just have weird boners for cartoon video game characters

I’m in the first category

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

AverySpecialfriend posted:

I could easily optimize her to be a better mixed tank with def refine, atk ploy, and a different seal but ppl just don't understand the true zen of teleporting sword infantry in with guidance and obliterating fools

You could do that with any flier and the guidance seal

Even a good flier perhaps

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

acumen posted:

Does anyone else actually just like this game for its team building and strategy or does everyone just have weird boners for cartoon video game characters

What's the point of the team building if you don't use your faves

Like, I've had a team that has been able to clear everything for like five months now. Anything else I do is just taking characters I like and using them because I like them. What else am I supposed to be doing?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I would say that there is a continuum on what exactly causes people in this thread to like their faves and weird boners are only a subset of it

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

cheetah7071 posted:

I would say that there is a continuum on what exactly causes people in this thread to like their faves and weird boners are only a subset of it

yeah but it can definitely be both

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I think there's a mix between making characters you love really good, and using characters you don't really care about because they're really good. I mean, I really don't like Camilla at all, but I've still done this because it was just so fun:

Now she can actually use QR to KO Mulagir Lyns without being killed! Just gotta get another Subaki or something.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Florina is the best res tank in the game actually

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

acumen posted:

I can’t imagine that people would play a Fire Emblem game without liking strategy stuff at least a little.

And if I can’t make teams out of my favorite characters in this FE All Star game, what’s the point?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I have three lousy Water Blessings that are just sitting here, not doing any good and I am a hair from just using them on Team Nino because I can.

Somebody dissuade me from tossing them on Nino, Eirika, and Fjorm's support partner Axzura, because I can't think of anybody else who could use a few ticks of Arena score and has a prayer of a chance of being on the same team as Fjorm ever.

acumen posted:

For me it's definitely both. I love theory crafting and building units into unstoppable monsters. Some of my monster units are folks I like, so I made them good. Plenty more were already good, so I made them better, and now I like them. Nino, for example, I was completely indifferent to in her actual game, but I love her in Heroes. She does her goddamn best and nukes fools into next week.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

acumen posted:

UHD posted:

Why can't it be both

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
what if my fav also happens to be fairly good (julia)

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Faveness is the only metric that matters because even bad characters (unlike florina who as previously noted is the best res tank in the entire game) can be tricked out to own

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I am going to assert my authority as OP and say that from now on no normal boners are allowed in this thread, only weird ones

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Where is the hall of fame in the op. Florina and Henry deserve better

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Where is the hall of fame in the op. Florina and Henry deserve better

If you want something in the OP you gotta ask. Ostentatious is there because they PMed me about it

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
There needs to be a hall of fame and I am asking for it. 5*+10s are the best thing about this game and people need to believe in their dreams.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Do you want to use the screenshot posted up above or is there something that would show her off better (e.g. buffs active, ally support highlighted, etc)

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Nah that image is good imo but please also find Henry if u can bc he's a good boy according to my pal Clawtopsy

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Clawtopsy, if you want to be in the hall of fame post the current state of the Henry with whatever buffs or w/e active and I'll edit it into the OP

Emalde
May 3, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I am going to assert my authority as OP and say that from now on no normal boners are allowed in this thread, only weird ones

I'm trying come up with something to make people virtue signal about Nowi with this but can't come up with anything clever, sorry

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I could definitely hit 70 or more res if I was trying to prove a point however

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Emalde posted:

I'm trying come up with something to make people virtue signal about Nowi with this but can't come up with anything clever, sorry

wanting Nowi to put on a sweater isn't virtue signalling sorry

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I can't +1 my florina anymore when somebody says something STUPID to me I regret everything

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I can't +1 my florina anymore when somebody says something STUPID to me I regret everything

+1 Est then

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

work on a second one

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

UHD posted:

+1 Est then

This is a STUPID thing to say so lemme get 20k feathers and I'll give my 4+10 shanna a firesweep lance+ instead, thank u for the clarity

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

when will the day come when the feh wiki is readable and doesn't look like the thracia translation patch again

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Create a second Florina
then a third
then a fourth

then put them loose on the arena

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

when will the day come when the feh wiki is readable and doesn't look like the thracia translation patch again

today?

I think there's two wikis and one of them has always sucked and the other has always been good. feheroes.wiki is the one I use

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
All i want from the legendary banner is a 2nd wlyn so she can have a blue border and some levels to gain sp, then my team will truly be complete

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

today?

I think there's two wikis and one of them has always sucked and the other has always been good. feheroes.wiki is the one I use

oh ive been using feheroes.gamepedia.com

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

oh ive been using feheroes.gamepedia.com

feheroes.wiki redirects to that url it's just easier to type. I dunno why you think it's so unusable

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Some of the tables on feheroes.wiki are broken right now eg the max stats table doesn't pull all characters

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Some of the tables on feheroes.wiki are broken right now eg the max stats table doesn't pull all characters

Try for the past TWO MONTHS :geno:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I use pages on that wiki other than the individual character pages so rarely that I guess that's how I missed it

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

e:nm

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So the patch for Legendary Cecila is dropping tonight, which is also suspected to have data for the banner after Christmas. So save your rolls until tomorrow.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

acumen posted:

I don't like either Camilla or HNowi but I use them for my flier emblem team because flying is cool.

And then there's Cordelia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
I want to make a weird 5*+10 unit but since there's only like 5 units in the 3* pull and Cherche is avoiding me I have no idea who to do. I'd go with Soleil but I will never pull her because pulling on red sucks balls. Gimme suggestions