Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

fullTimeLurker posted:

What an unfun shitshow. Marlboro is such a piece of poo poo. 3 hours wasted and can’t get him below 9%. Between him eating and beserking my tank, and then just getting 500 moves a turn to wipe out everyone else, it’s just a miserable boss battle.

Does anyone here actually enjoy these things? They just seem really stupidly designed and just created to waste your time until they can put in actual content.

I guess I’ll just wait till 7*s come out and 1 shot it like every other trial.

At least the rewards are pretty missable.

Regarding who to save for I think CG Sakura is definitely who you want to drop pulls on. I'd like Beatrix because she is cool but she's on a double 5 banner and she's really not very good all things considered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I'm saving all my resources for CG Fina because I have yet to pull Ayaka and I want a 5* healer.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sage Sakuras 7* is loving bonkers and she's back to being the strongest finisher mage in the game. She can never hope to have the alpha turn 1 damage that T.Terra has, but now her biggest weakness, her ramp up is severely cut now thanks to an ability that allows her to penta cast her strongest abilities. It also means you have access to a devastating finisher every 5 turns if you can manage to find an absurdly high chain partners (Now the new stupid 40 hit attacks make sense)

Ayaka 7* doesn't have the flexibility that JP Santa Roselia has, but she has one thing going for her and its that she's the loving tankiest white mage in the game. 80% chance of surviving 3 deathblows, built in 2k health shield at the start of battle strong health passives. Ayaka is who you want for bullshit turn 0 alpha damage from bosses. With entrust being more common, she can still provide semi-reliable debuff clearing, which is still her biggest weakness.

Duke 7* Ah duke. You were the sacrificial lamb for the gimmick awakenings for this round. If it wasn't obvious from the red armor, Duke follows FFXIVs school of dragoons. They loving hate dragons. His 100+ jumps all have built in insane modifiers against dragons and his 5 turn cooldown ability provides an aoe 100% imperil against ice, strong 70% aoe phys break and the ability to smack down a dragon in the next 2 turns with a 750% base damage jump with 200% additional damage against them, built in ice attack so you aren't gimped by your weapon choices. Also if that doesn't sound like a lot of loving damage against dragons he gets a passive that further boosts jump damage (which isn't cap like other % damage increases) AND gets an additional 100% damage from new killers when wielding swords/lances/greatswords. AND his super TM is a 173 attack spear with 75% dragon killer. gently caress DRAGONS

Aranea 7* is a more boring duke with the same ratio for timed jumps but more MP efficient and 2hander so probably overall a better finisher than him except when fighting dragons.

Kush 7* That weird magic cat, I dont loving know whats up with her kit, its a mess. A hybrid finisher that imperils the elements shes hit but whose imperils aren't as strong as whats more commonly available now with 7*. Instead she got uncommonly high increases to the raw damage of all of those attacks. She also has an attack which assumes chains perfectly with Lunera's ray ability. She also can grant your party complete damage immunity a like 5 elements at once 50% of the time in a fight so she can be pretty useful for high elemental damage fights that use those.

Prompto 7* If kushs kit was a mess then promptos is catastrophe. I dont have a clue whats going on here

Lotus Fina 7* mostly got passives and a very long cooldown on demand party AoE reraise. Like ayaka it seems that she got a relatively light touch but her gimmick just isn't as defined. She can be more useful than ayaka in the event that she can survive an alpha strike since she can bring the entire party back up while giving herself reraise, but shes less likely to survive that alpha strike than Ayaka.

Eiko 7*- If you want a summon gauge filled then this is your girl I guess. Eiko should be the strongest hitting straight up summoner in the game too.

Yuna 7*- Doesn't have the straight up summoner finishing capabilities that Eiko has in raw damage, but her gimmick of consistent finishing damage thanks to her summon gauge using abilities is stronger than ever.

Elfrieda 7* Outside of the 100% ice imperil on demand, I just dont see how you can fit her in a team. She's a counter tank with regen, a strong 50% damage mitigation that doesn't have a built in taunt and she sort of cant equip a shield. Her damage boosts were implemented into her counter attacks. Definetely more useful in global thanks to ice being a stronger element here, but I'd rather use a duke than her if I want ice imperils and I dont care about the early damage as much.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Dec 27, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Duke 7* Ah duke. You were the sacrificial lamb for the gimmick awakenings for this round. If it wasn't obvious from the red armor, Duke follows FFXIVs school of dragoons. They loving hate dragons. His 100+ jumps all have built in insane modifiers against dragons and his 5 turn cooldown ability provides an aoe 100% imperil against ice, strong 70% aoe phys break and the ability to smack down a dragon in the next 2 turns with a 750% base damage jump with 200% additional damage against them, built in ice attack so you aren't gimped by your weapon choices. Also if that doesn't sound like a lot of loving damage against dragons he gets a passive that further boosts jump damage (which isn't cap like other % damage increases) AND gets an additional 100% damage from new killers when wielding swords/lances/greatswords. AND his super TM is a 173 attack spear with 75% dragon killer. gently caress DRAGONS

Sounds ok. I'm halfway there!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jump is so loving busted that they had like a years worth of TMs and gear to make it more palatable and now Duke and Aranea have the ability to time their jumps. RIP Fohlen you were a few months away from tech that would have made you more useful.

Jumpers will probably be the strongest single hit finishers in the game now, even though their raw % dont seem that high. Just because there are so many +100% jump damage gear and because jump doesn't cap.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Dec 27, 2017

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
CGs and FF10 characters ended up on the high end this round.

Adding to the above, 7* Ayaka also gains a ton of 3000 damage shields. Each has a cooldown, but does something different on top of the shield (AoE raise, AoE esuna, etc.). Ayaka gains MP regen added to her limit when equipped with her trust.

Yuna gets dualcast, a huuuge increase to summon damage, a heal that charges the summon gauge every 4th turn, plus a 3000 shield once every 3 turns... but When equipped with her TM, Yuna gets MP refresh tacked on to her LB.

7* Greg and Roy came out on the "low" end, which isn't saying much.

Roy: Has the ability to jump straight to an 80% version of War of the Gods with a 60% full break and 4000 heal, also allowing you to go straight to Victory of the Brave next turn... but it can only be used once every 12th turn. He's also got new 140% songs that either affect magic stats/MP or phys stats/HP, both AoE 140% enhance and AoE 55% break. Both cannot be active at the same time, but if you use them after Victory of the Brave, the effect increases to 180%, breaks to 65% and provides damage 25% damage mitigation. When equipped with his Trust hat, he can go straight into Victory of the Brave after using his limit break (setting up a rotation of LB >> Victory >> 180% song). Other than that, he gains some survivability and is able to consume his LB gauge to heavily MP refresh the party every fourth turn.

Gilgamesh: Kinda like Firion on crack, but with some debuffs on the side. Gains a bunch of passives, depending on the weapon. Each passive grants a 75% "killer" stat and 50% resistance to a specific element. Similar to Onion Knight's 7* passive, Greg gains 15% to all stats for each "Genji" item equipped. Other than that he gains a 55% Full Break, a damage buff to Snowpetal and an AoE LB charger for the party. When equipped with Genji Glove, his LB gives him access to 4 other abilities: 60% all elements + physical damage AoE, a dark hybrid chain, a light chain and Zantetsuken. The reason he's bottom of the 7* barrel is that other characters get stronger effects (like Roy's 65% half and half breaks). 55% is still nothing to sneeze at, and it does hit all stats. Also, as flavor, he can do his battle speech about how he was wrong, then lie to the enemy to regain 100% HP/MP and jump for 1500% damage. This takes 4 turns to pull off, though.

Elfreeda and Gladio are still terrible, but at least Elfreeda can chain now with an AoE 20-hit ice ability.

Varance fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Dec 27, 2017

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I already wanted a second greg because Genji Glove is the poo poo, even yet, but now I want one because that all looks fantastic

60% non-elemental imperil? So, non-elemental phys damage gets an imperil-like bonus?

How does the Snowpetal buff relate to the Snowpetal ability awakening? I want to up mine to give him access to that much finishing damage so he has something half rear end useful to do sometimes (I know it's not meta, I know it's a waste of crysts, but I have him the rest of the way enhanced already and I like Gilgamesh!), does it improve his 7* version still or is that a different thing entirely?

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

Agreed posted:

I already wanted a second greg because Genji Glove is the poo poo, even yet, but now I want one because that all looks fantastic

60% non-elemental imperil? So, non-elemental damage gets an imperil-like bonus?
Edit, sorry, bad translation, it's just 450% AoE phys damage + a 60% omni-imperil

Snowpetal buff just adds 100% more more damage. Nothing too special.

Varance fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Dec 27, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

fullTimeLurker posted:

What an unfun shitshow. Marlboro is such a piece of poo poo. 3 hours wasted and can’t get him below 9%. Between him eating and beserking my tank, and then just getting 500 moves a turn to wipe out everyone else, it’s just a miserable boss battle.

Just completed it.

Used CryHavoc's T.T. once again.

T.T., Ayaka, Roy, Warrior of Light, Mystea and T.T.

MVP of this fight was Mystea but Roy was right there with her. Thanks to Mysty my units took no damage from the AOEs, Mystea only had 7k life but thanks to defending and POD 158 Shield via WoL, she went down, maybe once with 100% dark resist.

Thanks to Roy's Victory for the Brave, I could very easily drop the adds in 2 turns which allowed me to just wreck the thing once I got below 50%. I got Ifrit out of the way via WoL in the first phase and then he alternated between using his enhanced provoke and POD 153 shield.

The first half dozen times I did this trial, Trance Terra always died from random hits or whatever, and it threw off my rotation which was GG. My T.T. had 4.5k hp and never took more than a scratch.

Ayaka largely topped off WoL and Mystea every turn and alternated ReRaise on them just for added protection.

Last turn was Roy singing his jolly song as T.T.s chained into Ayaka's Bahamut and WoL's unleveled LB(for the mission). While Mystea relaxed, because for now: her job was done.

GG Malboro.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So with Ignis out and a few of the units also having these abilities although not as prominently as Ignis I guess we have a brand new architecture. Enhancer. Support roles with buffs, slight heals and the ability to imbue elements on other characters. Im feeling that Gumi has a better grasp of what Alim are doing now and are building around what Alim has planned instead of doing their own thing.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So with Ignis out and a few of the units also having these abilities although not as prominently as Ignis I guess we have a brand new architecture. Enhancer. Support roles with buffs, slight heals and the ability to imbue elements on other characters. Im feeling that Gumi has a better grasp of what Alim are doing now and are building around what Alim has planned instead of doing their own thing.
More like Ignis cooks things to give the party healing and buffs, and after he's done cooking, he can give characters an elemental imbue for a couple of rounds. One of his dishes has a 6 round cooldown, but boosts all stats by 150% and prevents stat debuffs. He also dishes out a 100% fire imperil. Downside is that all of his abilities take two turns to ramp up, and his elemental imbues are locked behind cooking, so you end up in a rotation of food preparation >> serve food >> give imbue. He's not going to be highly rated.

I still want to know why he gets blind resist.

Varance fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Dec 27, 2017

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Varance posted:

More like Ignis cooks things, and after he's done cooking, he can give characters an elemental imbue for a couple of rounds. One of his dishes has a 6 round cooldown, but boosts all stats by 150% and prevents stat debuffs.

It's probably easier to just give him Blind Resist then code some trait for him that allows him to function under Blind like normal.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Varance posted:

More like Ignis cooks things to give the party healing and buffs, and after he's done cooking, he can give characters an elemental imbue for a couple of rounds. One of his dishes has a 6 round cooldown, but boosts all stats by 150% and prevents stat debuffs. He also dishes out a 100% fire imperil. Downside is that all of his abilities take two turns to ramp up, and his elemental imbues are locked behind cooking, so you end up in a rotation of food preparation >> serve food >> give imbue. He's not going to be highly rated.

He's a better CG Nichol I think. Sure he spends a turn to prep, but with his TM on he can dual cast cookings. He's basically a stronger bard, thats not locked into singing but needs a turn to prep.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Varance posted:

Greg gains 15% to all stats for each "Genji" item equipped.

Read: Excalipoor buffs confirmed.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

Just completed it.

Congrats!

I had close to the same party but no 100% dark res. How did you get your Mysteas dark resist and HP that high?

I did okay with my Tterras but I always run into the problem of having to use Magical Activation and that always seems to throw my ability to 2 shot them. When did you time your Activation?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Ayaka 7* ending up with all of the damage bubbles makes me really sad I struck out completely pulling for her :(

CG Fina's cool and all but...damage bubbles!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

fullTimeLurker posted:

Congrats!

I had close to the same party but no 100% dark res. How did you get your Mysteas dark resist and HP that high?

I did okay with my Tterras but I always run into the problem of having to use Magical Activation and that always seems to throw my ability to 2 shot them. When did you time your Activation?

First phase I timed it on the 1st, 5th, 9th, and 13th rounds and 16th rounds. I made sure to always kill the adds on the 4th turn to turn off devour, and would then use my next action to reapply the MA, which is a little counter intuitive since you would think you'd want to be using that round to deal damage to Malboro but by only doing one phase of damage to him, it was easy to control his HP descent and got him to exactly 50% on turn 13. I used it again on turn 16 just to buy a turn so I wouldn't run right into Tentacles Rampage. Once I went below 50% on turn 17, I killed the adds on 18, which again turned off devour and setup to kill them again on 20, and actually had to do a single chaos wave on 19 just to ensure I wiped everyone on 20. In previous runs I'd been using Rikku and decided to run Roy since I figured that with Mystea tanking I could get by on Ayaka's reraise. Roy providing the break to the adds made them very easy to 2 shot; was doing like 80% damage to them. I could have used Wilhelm instead and been even better off in the physical tanking department but I thought I was going to need WoL for the breaks.

Mystea was at 115% dark resist from Diablos(50%), Black Mask (15%), and Angel's Earrings(50%), also using a Ribbon and Minerva Bustier; weapon was the holy wand replica. 7556 hp from 90 points in pots and 4x HP 30% materia(3 Patriotic Recall, and a Thirst for Survival).

After the Dark Esper event I saw that Dark Resist doesn't show up a lot so I hoarded Freyas and ground out 2 Angel's Earrings.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Dec 27, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Varance posted:

its because he wears glasses

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

PaybackJack posted:

First phase I timed it on the 1st, 5th, 9th, and 13th rounds and 16th rounds. I made sure to always kill the adds on the 4th turn to turn off devour, and would then use my next action to reapply the MA, which is a little counter intuitive since you would think you'd want to be using that round to deal damage to Malboro but by only doing one phase of damage to him, it was easy to control his HP descent and got him to exactly 50% on turn 13. I used it again on turn 16 just to buy a turn so I wouldn't run right into Tentacles Rampage. Once I went below 50% on turn 17, I killed the adds on 18, which again turned off devour and setup to kill them again on 20, and actually had to do a single chaos wave on 19 just to ensure I wiped everyone on 20. In previous runs I'd been using Rikku and decided to run Roy since I figured that with Mystea tanking I could get by on Ayaka's reraise. Roy providing the break to the adds made them very easy to 2 shot; was doing like 80% damage to them.

I don't have Ayaka or T. Terra, but I do have Roy and Christine. Do you think I have a chance with a party of Cagnazzo, Roy, Mystea, Christine, friend Christine, and a healer? No Tillith, but I have Yshtola and Refia and Luka (enhanced) with a Dualcast to spare if it helps.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

werdnam posted:

I don't have Ayaka or T. Terra, but I do have Roy and Christine. Do you think I have a chance with a party of Cagnazzo, Roy, Mystea, Christine, friend Christine, and a healer? No Tillith, but I have Yshtola and Refia and Luka (enhanced) with a Dualcast to spare if it helps.

I don't see why Christine wouldn't be a fine replacement for T.Terra. Cagnazzo is probably fine too, you really just need someone with a lot of life that can provoke 100%. Each turn Mystea eats a bunch of damage from the AOEs while the other tank provokes the rest of the damage.

Healer wise, I think the most important thing was reraise and full raise during the first couple turns while I got the rotation setup on the tanks. Mystea was always T.Wall, Defend, Defend, repeat. WoL was Provoke, POD 153 Shield, repeat. You could probably get by with Refia DC but the early rounds could be a bit rough. Once I had my tanks stabilized I had no fear of either taking enough damage they'd die and since they'd take most of the damage I wasn't worried about Roy, or Trance Terra dying and throwing off my rotation with them.

I won't lie, this is tough as balls trial that took me many tries and luck with having very good units and a dozens of awesome TMRs.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

werdnam posted:

Christine should do more damage than TT if you can bring an imperil so that should work out great.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dana Crysalis posted:

yeah, wait those 8 months for Hyou, good choice.

We'll be lucky if we see CG Reagan within the next 8 months. Hyou is probably 10+ months away and because ~global is a different game~ we'll probably get his 6* form and have to wait a month for his 7* form like Gumi used to do with new units in Brave Frontier.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

We'll be lucky if we see CG Reagan within the next 8 months. Hyou is probably 10+ months away and because ~global is a different game~ we'll probably get his 6* form and have to wait a month for his 7* form like Gumi used to do with new units in Brave Frontier.

And Ramza enhancements will probably land sometime after that.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

dangerous.hotdog posted:

And Ramza enhancements will probably land sometime after that.

My Ramza has been fully potted for ages :(

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

How's the candy cane front looking? As far as I know there hasn't been any news about the drop rate increasing.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Skyridge posted:

How's the candy cane front looking? As far as I know there hasn't been any news about the drop rate increasing.

When Story 5 unlocks (assumedly tomorrow) we get a new dungeon set with 50% more candy.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I honestly think Gumi is padding the numbers of canes on the tracker because no one is actually farming this. Unless its bots

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Lemme see...

Story 2 needed: 172,900,000
Story 3 needed: 389,025,000
Story 4 needed: 600m or so, can't find the exact number
Story 5 needs: 1,080,625,000

So ~2.243b candy canes. I'm assuming 90k people are contributing, I've done 3x the top level each day for dailies and I'm rank 83k. I'll assume the rest after 90k aren't contributing a significant amount to this event. The individual tracker doesn't count the 500 you get from dailies (and honestly idk if the global tracker does either but I'll assume it does). So to unlock story 5 90,000 people would on average need to have collected... 25k candy canes, or 22k plus 6x500 from dailies to unlock Story 5 by the end of the day.

This doesn't count the whales though. So if we assume the top 100 are all putting in like the top is (Dyer @ 813,358 canes as of this post), that's 80m candy canes from that alone. That knocks 2.243b candy canes to... 2.08b candy canes. Spread across 89,900 players that's an average of 23k candy canes, or 20k plus dailies. That's a bit less than 1/5th of the 100th spot (105,376) for reference. 42 runs of the top dungeon, or 1,052 energy spent. Over six days you get 1,728 energy. So the average player would have to spend more than half their energy grinding candy canes to unlock Story 5 with the absurd assumption at the start of this paragraph to unlock Story 5 at the end of the day.

Currently Story 5 is 68% unlocked, or 1.9b candy canes grinded so far. That's 21k over 90k people, or ~947 energy spent. Or with the same "too lazy to sum 100 values" whale assumption, 20k candy canes grinded on average, or 17k + dailies. 895 energy spent on average grinding the top candy cane dungeon.

Nothing definitive but that is a lot of people spending more than half their energy grinding candy canes over Christmas and during another King Mog event, or Gumi fudging the numbers. Or I hosed up my assumptions and follow up math hard.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I’d put my money on bots tbh

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am actually farming this event because its super easy to dump your energy doing so and i wouldnt be surprised if a lot of people are doing the same thing

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
I'm TMR farming, I assume like a lot of people are. I've got a lot of TMs to farm up, including another Marshall Glove, so in a way I'm glad this event turned out to be dogshit so I can just double-down on my TMRs for a bit.

In the meantime I've been playing the JP version on and off and having fun with that, making my way around despite the language barrier. I decided to grab Hyou x2 so I can get his 7* version, and got the guaranteed Santa Roselia with my 5k Lapis. I'm working up Lapis from the story for the healer and mage guaranteed 5k pulls. The JP version is definitely filling up the void of free handouts and giveaways that GL is leaving behind.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Dec 27, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
We could probably extrapolate the number of active players from the raid events.

Like, take the amount of points required to go from 20-21, divide that by number of points earned per orb (20,000) and that will tell you how many orbs you went through in that time period. Divide that number by the number of hours it took and it should tell you the number of players (without accounting for people who refreshed or whatever).

I can't find the number of points it takes from rank to rank on raids though.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 28, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

rabidsquid posted:

i am actually farming this event because its super easy to dump your energy doing so and i wouldnt be surprised if a lot of people are doing the same thing

This. Because of my rank (147) I only have to dump energy twice a day and it takes like 4 minutes to do so. TMRing is actually harder because I have to check on it to make sure I don't get pulled into Fina's Psyche on a random crash. Also for the record I have 35k candy canes.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I am waiting until there's a better return on NRG for candy canes and have used this time to clear trials etc.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

for the record i think there's a legitimate chance the guaranteed 5* banner does pop up after everyone decides its not going to and pulls for christine/wkn, like for lunar new year

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

for the record i think there's a legitimate chance the guaranteed 5* banner does pop up after everyone decides its not going to and pulls for christine/wkn, like for lunar new year

I would not be surprised if Gumi pulls something like that after the christmas units exit the pool entirely.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

If they do a guaranteed 5* on a Christine and WKN banner I'll fuckin' do it, you'll get me Gumi. That's the way to get me this time.

Would I pull on a guaranteed 5* healer banner? Isn't Ayaka the only one at this time...? It must be a more general support banner or something, no way they'd let mere GL players be that precise in a game that relies on dashing your hopes for what's in the crystal with regularity

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Agreed posted:

Would I pull on a guaranteed 5* healer banner? Isn't Ayaka the only one at this time...? It must be a more general support banner or something, no way they'd let mere GL players be that precise in a game that relies on dashing your hopes for what's in the crystal with regularity

It would be between Ayaka, Rem, and Queen if we go by JP rules. So technically it'd be a 33% chance to pull Ayaka.

Edit:

Dana Crysalis posted:

This. Because of my rank (147) I only have to dump energy twice a day and it takes like 4 minutes to do so. TMRing is actually harder because I have to check on it to make sure I don't get pulled into Fina's Psyche on a random crash. Also for the record I have 35k candy canes.

I'm using Nox and have the menu hud arranged in a way that if the game crashes the macro immediately just clicks back into the game and carries on as normal. It works for the most common in-game crashes (such as connection losses).

If you want to do this, drag the FFEXVIUS icon to a new menu on the right, put it at the lowest spot on the HuD, in the middle. Remove all other icons except the "Today's Pick" thing (can't remove that, but it shouldn't cause any issues). The whole screen should just be FFEXVIUS sitting over Today's Pick. I'm just using the NOX emulator TM Refills macro: https://pastebin.com/yLFtWzXb

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Dec 28, 2017

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I would be disappointed to see Rem or Queen from any rainbow at this point, and would absolutely not pull on that banner. I rarely do a 5k pull and I'd be so salty if I got the more likely undesired outcome, even if that is technically better odds than I'm likely to get again on any single pull for that price.

Tillith appears to be safe for a bit longer it seems in any case but one - if that guaranteed 5* gives me Ayaka tomorrow.

(would rather have Christine right now though, holy smokes what a good unit)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Agreed posted:

(would rather have Christine right now though, holy smokes what a good unit)

Really? I recently got her but haven't given her too much of a look as I've been focusing on getting the mats to enhance WK Noel.

I guess she's the next one I'll rank up to 6.

• Locked thread