Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Rem and Queen would be awesome dupes at this point that I'd love to have waiting for 7*.

But honestly, just give me Ayaka game. Please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Office Thug posted:

I'm using Nox and have the menu hud arranged in a way that if the game crashes the macro immediately just clicks back into the game and carries on as normal. It works for the most common in-game crashes (such as connection losses).

If you want to do this, drag the FFEXVIUS icon to a new menu on the right, put it at the lowest spot on the HuD, in the middle. Remove all other icons except the "Today's Pick" thing (can't remove that, but it shouldn't cause any issues). The whole screen should just be FFEXVIUS sitting over Today's Pick. I'm just using the NOX emulator TM Refills macro: https://pastebin.com/yLFtWzXb

I already have this done, it is not foolproof. If the game crashes while not in a battle, it will launch back into the Home Menu of the game, and clicks will take it to Mysidia->Fina's Psyche.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can't wait to see if I get my 4th Lightning, DKC, or Marie tomorrow.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
Woof. Made a try at Sheratan, wiped at 1%. The heck of it is I might have been able to pull it off if I had gone all-in with what was left of my B team instead of trying to buy time to recover after most of my A team was mp-drained and killed. Still, from what I learned about the flow of battle, I'm sure my next try will go much smoother. All-in-all, I think it is an enjoyable challenge.

My biggest joy was this first opportunity to use enhanced Emperor. He was the main attacker on my A team and by the time I got to the fruit phase his stack was big enough to kill the first fruit in two turns, but then everything fell apart.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

PDQ Law posted:

Woof. Made a try at Sheratan, wiped at 1%. The heck of it is I might have been able to pull it off if I had gone all-in with what was left of my B team instead of trying to buy time to recover after most of my A team was mp-drained and killed. Still, from what I learned about the flow of battle, I'm sure my next try will go much smoother. All-in-all, I think it is an enjoyable challenge.

My biggest joy was this first opportunity to use enhanced Emperor. He was the main attacker on my A team and by the time I got to the fruit phase his stack was big enough to kill the first fruit in two turns, but then everything fell apart.

EVO MAG-kitted Garnet calling Bahamut to cap a chain (I used 2 pods) can wipe Sheratan and the fruits from 49% or whatever

Bubba Fuzz
May 3, 2009

Made one last desperate attempt to pull Cloud. Two rainbows!

That's Noctis #3 and VoD #2. I'm really conflicted right now.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
That's a 7* VoD and halfway (?) to Noctis Super TM.

Bubba Fuzz
May 3, 2009

Yeah, that's why I can't be too annoyed. That and these banners were good to me overall. 2x Elfreeda and a Christine after just a few pulls.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Ayaka #2. God dammit.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
not sure if that's worse than my K.Delita #3 (no Ayaka here so yes it is)

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Noctis #1. Finally.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Third Loren gently caress off

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Skyridge posted:

Ayaka #2. God dammit.

Grats on a really top notch 7* healer?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Got a tidus from the ticket, my second. Not bad actually, since my eventual 7* lightning can chain with him (eventually)

Spent money to chase cloud now that I have tidus (dont spend money chasing 5* TMs)

:negative:

At least I got an Elfrieda.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
My 5* was Veritas of the Flame which as far as I can tell is pretty much useless. Yeah yeah, best finisher besides Cloud and all that, but who uses a finisher for anything? Its the least used and least useful role. Doesn't help that his TMR sucks too.

I can't complain though because my 1/2 off daily roll was Ramza. When are those enhancements coming again?

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Got Queen #4
Welp, now I’ll have the STMRs of both Queen and Marie.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Spreadsheet updated with the latest batch of JP 7*s and updated scores for current banners and December ability awakenings in GL.

... and for those who don't care about rainbows, here are the top non-rainbows. This list is short, as most non-rainbows have been powercreeped into irrelevance as actual battle characters:

Varance fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Dec 28, 2017

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Got Zargabaath, once again I feel robbed by this game and my lovely luck.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Whoops EX: Russell #7...

4*: Refia #5

5*: Emperor

1/2: Gilbert #10...

Eh, didnt really want another mage but, yay TMR?

hagie fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Dec 28, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Half-price: Golbez

WHOOPS: Kefka

4* EX: Nine

5* EX: Ayaka #1.

That'll do, Gumi. That'll do.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
Burnt that tree down in 15 turns once I was prepared to deal with the MP drain. 7 turns to get to 49%, 4 turns to kill Sheratan including 1 turn with Emperor swapped out as I recovered mp, then 2 each for the fruits.

My ridiculous team was Ayaka, Zarg, Mystea, 100% evasion WoL, Emperor, and backup Tilith for the mp drain turn. I would have done better if I kept track of when buffs and breaks were expiring, but the joy of this team is I didn't need to. Like, I could have downed the 2nd fruit in 1 turn if I used WoL's spr break, maybe the 1st as well.

Victis posted:

EVO MAG-kitted Garnet calling Bahamut to cap a chain (I used 2 pods) can wipe Sheratan and the fruits from 49% or whatever

Thanks, I'll have to do this when I go back for the moogle reward. I geared my B team for this, but instead I stuck with Emperor because I find it hilarious how powerful his FfB gets and it only generated 2 esper orbs over the entire battle.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I really should just liberate my mind from things like dual wield and tdh and just accept magic into my heart now and forever. It'll be a whole lot cheaper on my wallet.

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013
Cloud #2

Can't wait to7* him in like a year. :shepface:

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I got my first Marie which is cool with me.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Rem #1. Now I regret not getting her exclusive gear.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
4* ticket was Gladiolus #2, 5* ticket was Delita. Crap.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
3* - Celes
4* - Ilias
5* - Loren #2

Could have been worse!

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Mischalaniouse posted:

That's a 7* VoD and halfway (?) to Noctis Super TM.

Noctis’ stmr is pretty awful. I would say they’d be better off with 2 Noctis but they already have a top
Tier 7* ready to go. 3 rings is pretty nice though. You can go full dodge tank and still use one for dps.

I got Prishe #2. I’ve thought about using two of her, especially after enhancements, as my chainers, if I ever pulled a second. But I just don’t think much is going to beat having double OK. I guess at least now I can have my second OK over 1100 atk (and like 8k hp at this point).

rath
Apr 25, 2005
I should be learning code instead of posting on the boards.
Knocked out Malboro and Bloody Moon yesterday. Mystea was MVP for both fights. Went with GLS + friend GLS for the moon and took it slow, never really felt in danger.

Malboro was a little tougher just learning the fight and what happens on which turns, but once I got it all straight I knocked it out on turn 11 before the turn 12 shitshow happened. DPS was Ace and 2x fire Onion Knight.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
Got Snowbear. Stoked because Snowbear is great. Used all my resources I had leftover from the Cloud banner chasing Snowbear earlier in the week so I really was hoping, despite the 43? rainbows in the pool today, that I would draw Snowbear.

Its truly a Christmastime miracle.

Snowbear.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
My 5* Ex ticket got me a Cloud!

How do you guys build him and what skill is the correct one to use most of the time?

A two handed weapon, his TM, doublehand and some other things?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am foolishly waiting for WKN to return to the pool before i pull my disappointment ticket

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I think I'm done pulling until 7*s come to global. I have enough units and TMs to farm that I should be set for awhile.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I am going to save tickets for a while I reckon, but I'll still do 1/2 dailies on banners with units or TMRs that'd be cool to have. I think I'll use my 5* today hoping for that tiny chance at Christine, but curious to see what I'll get!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Pulled Luneth who'll warm the bench nicely with my other finisher, Dark Knight Cecil. I also pulled a second Fohlen but I don't use the first for anything either. Hell I don't even have a Wind Veritas to give them a spear mastery materia. Not bad but completely unexciting which makes it about on par with the Christmas event.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Whelp, Im now set with a 7* team of Fohlen, Elfreeda, and VoF...

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
This dude's post is a case study on hoarding. Struggling on fights while sitting on 300+ tickets, lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7mmwcb/do_people_who_spend_money_on_banners_essentially/

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yay, rainbow on a 4* ticket! Oh, Noctis #4. That's less exciting.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Nobody told me the worst part of this Sheratan fight was having to replay it a million times to spawn the esper orbs. This would probably be a lot easier if I hadn't forgotten to give Wilhelm paralysis protection. Grrr...

Oh and also the ffbe chain macro generator doesn't seem to work right for Bahamut finishing, swell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Vasler posted:

My 5* Ex ticket got me a Cloud!

How do you guys build him and what skill is the correct one to use most of the time?

A two handed weapon, his TM, doublehand and some other things?

Unless you have 2 Marshall Gloves you’re better off using a 1h and a DH materia for a freebie 50%.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

This dude's post is a case study on hoarding. Struggling on fights while sitting on 300+ tickets, lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7mmwcb/do_people_who_spend_money_on_banners_essentially/

... Biske?!?

• Locked thread