Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

This dude's post is a case study on hoarding. Struggling on fights while sitting on 300+ tickets, lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7mmwcb/do_people_who_spend_money_on_banners_essentially/

I'm like the exact opposite of this guy which is why I'm going to try and hoard for awhile. I might spend on limited banners if the units are worth it but I really don't need anything right now. Looking at the unit rankings by role on the wiki I think I have at least 2 of every top 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Got Elfreeda and Eileen today. I'll take it.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

hamsystem posted:

I'm like the exact opposite of this guy which is why I'm going to try and hoard for awhile. I might spend on limited banners if the units are worth it but I really don't need anything right now. Looking at the unit rankings by role on the wiki I think I have at least 2 of every top 5.

Same here. I blew everything on the cloud banner and now I'm content to stockpile for a good, long while. I'm happy with my units.

I pulled Roy and Trance Terra this week alone, I have 2 Rems and VoFs, so I'll at least have a couple 7's when the time comes. My running crew is Onion Knight, Fry, Barb/TT, and Tidus, Luneth or Reberta.

For a f2p, I'm doing just fine. Time to sit back and grind out some TM's for awhile.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Gotta wait until tomorrow for my ticket because I missed a login at some point. Might just sit on it because I don't play a ton atm and it's not like I'm lacking anything except Ayaka, but I already have Tilith and Rem (among others) for healing duty.

Agreed posted:

I would be disappointed to see Rem or Queen from any rainbow at this point, and would absolutely not pull on that banner.

I have 2 Rems and 3 Queens. Queen was my first and second 5* base unit pull. :shepicide:

At least they get 7* forms fairly early on.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

This dude's post is a case study on hoarding. Struggling on fights while sitting on 300+ tickets, lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7mmwcb/do_people_who_spend_money_on_banners_essentially/

There are people in this thread who didn't get a 5* base until the crystal changes took place. I know I was trolled by multiple non 5* rainbows and others ITT got burned worse than I did. I still have my rainbow Lenna of Shame sitting in my box where she will remain level one and untouched forever as well.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the hording is a bit weird because the ~logic~ behind it will never stop being true and when he blows it on whatever he'll be better off for awhile but eventually lag behind again due to hording. i do see some sense in saving for a particular thing you want i guess but a steady stream of pulls will result in you having a wider net and at least for right now a lot of good TMR units are 3/4.

in the future it seems like the game will all devolve into hitting some of the watered down 5* pool that actually does stuff and thats going to be a fresh new hell for sure.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Finally got that drat Sheratan down. Should have just gone slow from the beginning of phase two but I kept trying to wipe the thing in one go. Much easier when I took out both the fruits then wiped the tree.

Got all the missions, despite my blowing the chain in the last attempt, bahamut still managed to finish the job.

Evil Fluffy posted:

There are people in this thread who didn't get a 5* base until the crystal changes took place. I know I was trolled by multiple non 5* rainbows and others ITT got burned worse than I did. I still have my rainbow Lenna of Shame sitting in my box where she will remain level one and untouched forever as well.

I got burned on 2 rainbows, Charlotte and Hayate. Thankfully the second rainbow I pulled was Lightning, off banner no less. Wasn't it Dana or Rabidsquid that went like 3 months into the rainbow change with their only base 5* being Ramza?

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 28, 2017

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

He has clearly not had as much fun as I have and I pull all the time, so pull all the time y'all. If you get a ticket, spend the ticket. These things are worthless, do not pay for them, enjoy using them. Put on Luck Be A Lady or Viva Las Vegas and let your kid click the crystals or something. Apologies to whales & addicts alike

Got my first Reberta from the guaranteed! Now I'm extra hoping for a good GL exclusive enhancement batch. Love that little dragon, what a cool unit. Packing imperils and can stick her damage in the chain fine, but sucks we haven't got timed dragoons yet.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KDdidit posted:

Can't wait to see if I get my 4th Lightning, DKC, or Marie tomorrow.

:toot:

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I just want Reberta...

And I'm still not convinced we'll be getting the same 7* system, especially with the lack of 5* choice tickets.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Thank you to whomever it is that has been keeping up their Glacial-setup Garnet on Ifrit as their friend unit.

Finally got around to knocking that thing down, and it saved me the hassle of trying to find friendoldmans setup correctly, as I could now just bring both of my own and have Garnet as the friend unit.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Skyridge posted:

I just want Reberta...

And I'm still not convinced we'll be getting the same 7* system, especially with the lack of 5* choice tickets.

UoC tickets only recently became a thing in JP though? Like, last few events there.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yea, I was one of those sad dudes. I went ~6-7 months from starting the game shortly after GL launch til my first rainbow. But this guy was ignoring all the really good 4* banners we had too. I would have struggled like crazy without WoL, Rikku, 9S, Soleil, etc.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am very curious to see if we'll have divergent rewards based on platform after the ios change that forces them to reveal rates

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I went a whole year with one five star...roselia. it was when the original lightning banner dropped so total troll.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

werdnam posted:

4* ticket was Gladiolus #2, 5* ticket was Delita. Crap.
Hello fellow 5* ticket Delita puller.
I guess he can help 1 shot tougher raids...

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Story 5 is out for 2000 candy canes. It gives the joyful spirit recipe and unlocks a new tier of candy cane gettin'.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
New stage ELT dropped 690 canes and 4 stars, whooptie doo.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?
Pulled VoL for my guaranteed 5* pull, not super interested in using her though. TM is nice though. Broke my streak of no dupe 5 stars in a big way recently though, pulling a dupe Noctis, Marie and OK. Also finally took down Bahaumut and now I'm looking at Sheratan. I'm thinking this for the team:

Enhanced WoL
VoE
Tilith
Barb
Shantotto
Victoria
Rikku
Soleil
Enhanced Firion
And not sure for the last slot

Any suggestions for the Trial? I'm thinking VoE to trivialize the Earthquake thing she does, but should I be watching out for anything else?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ya'll need to stop with this, "Congrats on your 7*!" stuff.

You KNOW that it's not coming to ~Different Game Global~ until a year+ after they bring Ramza's enhancements to us, and that it will be almost 100% different.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I have zero interest in 7*s for that reason. I don't even know if I'll be playing this game when 7*s hit.

Also heads up: According to the wiki the gingerbread man trial boss has an AoE 10% attack that inflicts Stop and a single target fuckoff attack. If you don't have an Ayaka for her innate Stop immunity and easy removal there's also Mystea, Sylvia, and Vann who have buffs that give Stop immunity. I'm probably forgetting others, I can't find a good list of what gives Stop immunity.

Also the fuckoff attack is a magic attack, has a huge x90 multiplier, and heals the boss' HP by 20% so that sounds like fun if your DPS is lacking. For reference, Aigaion's Left Arm's fuckoff attack is x10 w/ 600 ATK, Trial Boss' stats aren't known yet though.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Kheldarn posted:

You KNOW that it's not coming to ~Different Game Global~ until a year+ after they bring Ramza's enhancements to us, and that it will be almost 100% different.

Considering it would require a pretty fundamental shift from JP, no I'm pretty sure we're going to have a similar release to JP. At least as far as banners and when we get 7*. We might get shifted groupings like we do for enhancements now as well as some tweaks to units' kits, but thankfully they don't seem to be nerfing units in that process. And at the rate they've been going it's probably going to be sooner than a year. We're about 9 months behind JP, currently.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Dec 28, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

People at one point thought that ability enhancements weren't coming out on global because it made poo poo units better and that would counter productive for Gumi since they can just sell you a stronger unit. Look at how wrong those people were (Except for ramza, they were totally right about him in particular never getting enhancements)

7*s are coming, and they are going to have the same mechanics to get as the japanese ones. Its too large of a mechanic to change.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
mods please stikie my post predicting 7* never comes to global ever

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

5* ticket!

3rd Darklandeu aka VoD

I think this game wants me to have dupe chainers

3x TGCID and 3x Veritas of the Darkbutt

I will Divine ruination you into the butt.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Ugato posted:

Considering it would require a pretty fundamental shift from JP, no I'm pretty sure we're going to have a similar release to JP. At least as far as banners and when we get 7*. We might get shifted groupings like we do for enhancements now as well as some tweaks to units' kits, but thankfully they don't seem to be nerfing units in that process. And at the rate they've been going it's probably going to be sooner than a year. We're about 9 months behind JP, currently.

I actually think we might get them sooner then jp got them because we know precisely when jp got them banner wise and even if sepiroth and the unit he shares banners with is op as poo poo, theres going to be a return of "why should I pull for these when orlandu Cloud 7 star is just around the corner?" we might get a global exlusive unit or something a month or so early that becomes the first 7* unit.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009

Scrublord Prime posted:

Also heads up: According to the wiki the gingerbread man trial boss has an AoE 10% attack that inflicts Stop and a single target fuckoff attack. If you don't have an Ayaka for her innate Stop immunity and easy removal there's also Mystea, Sylvia, and Vann who have buffs that give Stop immunity. I'm probably forgetting others, I can't find a good list of what gives Stop immunity.

Also the fuckoff attack is a magic attack, has a huge x90 multiplier, and heals the boss' HP by 20% so that sounds like fun if your DPS is lacking. For reference, Aigaion's Left Arm's fuckoff attack is x10 w/ 600 ATK, Trial Boss' stats aren't known yet though.

The gingerbread man boss in the new story battles has the same moves, btw. I had to spend a couple turns on PRO building crystals for the limit break mission, and even just that version was able to smash WKN with his fuckoff attack for 8500 damage (granted Noel wasn't equipped in tanking gear, but Bring It On +2 was active).

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Tengames posted:

I actually think we might get them sooner then jp got them because we know precisely when jp got them banner wise and even if sepiroth and the unit he shares banners with is op as poo poo, theres going to be a return of "why should I pull for these when orlandu Cloud 7 star is just around the corner?" we might get a global exlusive unit or something a month or so early that becomes the first 7* unit.

It would allow them to space out the batches of 7*s more easily too, rather than big clumps at once for catch-up purposes.

Of course, the game kind of still needs content that challenges 7* unit havers, even if it's just another tougher stage of trials (this would seem to be the most equitable way of doing things). JP has what, Odin 3*'s fight that was just released which seems to be one of the few challenging fights even for 7*s? The rest, you bring 7*s and roll right over everything.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Langolas posted:

I will Divine ruination you into the butt.

now that you say it, DR does sound like code for rough butt stuff

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

AegisP posted:

It would allow them to space out the batches of 7*s more easily too, rather than big clumps at once for catch-up purposes.

Of course, the game kind of still needs content that challenges 7* unit havers, even if it's just another tougher stage of trials (this would seem to be the most equitable way of doing things). JP has what, Odin 3*'s fight that was just released which seems to be one of the few challenging fights even for 7*s? The rest, you bring 7*s and roll right over everything.

Odin is basically "OK boys you've had a few months to get at least 7*s dps ready, prepare your anus" when the boss soft enrages at 40% health and you have to rush to finish it before he wipes your party. 6* dps aren't enough to clear the enrage.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Tengames posted:

That's entirely possible. Some time right after CG Nichol would be best, I think, because even before his 7* CG Nichol is still a drat monster. But yeah it's definitely going to be a wet blanket on Sephiroth, Reagan and CG Rain(s) if they don't change the timing.

Cobalt60 posted:

now that you say it, DR does sound like code for rough butt stuff

Divine Ruination and Dark Punishment. Definitely butt stuff.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

not bringing over 7 stars would require them to literally make a new game. Not bringing over one or two enhancements is nothing, it barely matters. Like all content that comes out in JP would have to be completely remade and thats not gonna happen.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

So I started playing this game a couple weeks ago and now I feel like a butt for not spending my little shinra statues on awaken stuff. Got barbacoa the siren lady off the pulls I bought instead at least. She seems cool.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I just don't think they'll be able to get away with the JP 7* system given how much stingier they are with 5*s in global.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Really does not feel stingy to me since the rate-up. Perhaps that's because of a year of being used to the old way, they've just made me appreciate a lighter nut punch. But I've currently got more 5* bases un-leveled and un-awakened than I can do for some time. So far I've already got together a decent set of 3 7-star units that are going to be good if things proceed like in JP, and we have a ton of time left - every crystal could be that next "good one" duplicate (real change in the how-does-it-feel-to-pull-dupes meta since the announcements for sure)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Skyridge posted:

I just don't think they'll be able to get away with the JP 7* system given how much stingier they are with 5*s in global.

People keep saying this but we are actually AHEAD of the curve when it comes to things like 3x rates and TMR moogles. Like this banner would still have been at 1x rates if it was following japans schedule. Yeah events didn't have tickets that were available in japan during these events, but a lot of these events happened in japan later in their schedule than what we got them. Now with the 3x rainbow rate I assume we will see them letting up on 4* tickets (we are already seeing it with them being available on king mog) and it'll be just like japan where they really opened the faucets for 5*s when 7* came out.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Doesn't JP give a lot more lapis and tickets out though?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Skyridge posted:

yeah but do they give 3% more smart guy????

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Agreed posted:

Really does not feel stingy to me since the rate-up. Perhaps that's because of a year of being used to the old way, they've just made me appreciate a lighter nut punch. But I've currently got more 5* bases un-leveled and un-awakened than I can do for some time. So far I've already got together a decent set of 3 7-star units that are going to be good if things proceed like in JP, and we have a ton of time left - every crystal could be that next "good one" duplicate (real change in the how-does-it-feel-to-pull-dupes meta since the announcements for sure)

I'm still at one rainbow since rate up. RNG is RNG.

Skyridge posted:

Yes but we get actual QoL changes and such way sooner.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Opps ex ticket: Soleil

*Inner Monologue*
-This is how this is going to go huh game?-

4* ex ticket: ....... Ayaka #1?! :eng101:
gently caress I think I should just stop here without using the 5*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
My 5* ticket gave me Emperor, which is like, cool, I don't have you, but I have Barbariccia and have beaten both Bloody Moon & Marlboro so your TMR isn't terribly appealing.

Ayaka where are you :(

• Locked thread