Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I like how every good guy OC has bichromatic hair, it's neat. Gunnthra shouldn't cover her neat hair with that stupid hat imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Every character should wear a stupid hat imo

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Oh gently caress now I remember I want bunny lucina and her doofy hat wahhhh

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Gunnthra and the new seasonal Camilla and Azura all ride their mounts side saddle

The side saddle meta is here

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Oh gently caress now I remember I want bunny lucina and her doofy hat wahhhh

Bunny Lucina is by far my favorite seasonal unit

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
She was the only one I didn't get off the original banner wahhhhhhhh

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i got gunthraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa on my free pull, +ATK/-HP

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

The spring heroes are still the best seasonal heroes. I never get tired of Xander telling me about the weather or seeing Lucina dunk that egg.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The best seasonal unit is Tiki because Tiki is the best

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bunny Lucina is an ok unit mechanically too. Her attack is too low but having 39 speed with +SPD goes a long way into making her pretty effective with a blade tome.

She's still a regular in my AA runs.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 28, 2017

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Andrast posted:

It would be really lovely for the people who just wanted one

I didn’t say it wasn’t lovely. I just find the Ayra thing worse.

Gunnthra just isn’t very cool to me, either, so :shrug: probably why I don’t care as much.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

precision posted:

is there some secret to getting Feathers or am i supposed to be playing for like a year before i get enough to upgrade even one unit

Dailies comprise roughly 1.5k feathers a week, give or take a couple hundred from login bonuses.

Before anything else, Arena should award you with between 3 and 5k every week with just your offensive score alone (which should be over 4001, which can be done with having a bonus unit in your party and only dying a few times along the way). If you get a lucky defense win using a bonus unit on your defensive team, that's another few hundred. Some cursory Arena Assault will net you another 700-1k if you just do the "start with 1 unit" trick before you can genuinely participate.

Hero Merit tends to add up in bursts and is a good 12k on its own for your very first core team, Tempest Trials will give you another decent chunk (few thousand) from bonus units on top of the 10k you earn from that if you go to the maximum score.

As a new player you'll get between 30 and 40k feathers a month, this doesn't detail the other minor sources you'll be building feathers from via events over time. It gets easier as your barracks and core teams improve, but the average is always going to be about that.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
unrelated news: i dont give a poo poo about your OCs, feh

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

cheetah7071 posted:

Clawtopsy, if you want to be in the hall of fame post the current state of the Henry with whatever buffs or w/e active and I'll edit it into the OP

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Okay i have devised...... The ultimate lyn build

Lyn +atk/-hp
Brash katti
Flex (but honestly reposition)
Luna
Brazen atk/spd 3
Wrath 3
Flex
Heavy blade 3S

She hits 54 atk (58 full merge) no outside buffs when in brazen range, so easily goes to 60+ with a bit of effort. Then she auto fires empowered lunas and explodes everyone the end

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I like when Summer Xander confidently proclaims "I CANNOT SWIM " whenever you move him

Tharja's goofy GOOOOD DAYYYYY is pretty nice too

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Every day I don't have a +atk lyn hurts but if I ever pull one it's gonna be off the chain

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I like when Summer Xander confidently proclaims "I CANNOT SWIM " whenever you move him

Tharja's goofy GOOOOD DAYYYYY is pretty nice too

The best part of seasonal units are the fun the voice actors have with them. Some of Winter Tharja's tap quotes have top notch delivery

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I think you mean all of her tap quotes have top notch delivery. :colbert:

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

cheetah7071 posted:

I think you should temper your expectations with these legendary banners and only go in with the hope of getting *something*, not of getting anything specific

I'm at the point now where I have one of every movement team, 7 solid AA teams, and a highish bst arena team so this is my philosophy for pretty much every banner now. Don't really care what I get, just want more poo poo for SI generally.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I want another lyn banner so I can live my dreams of obliterating fools with ultralunas

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker
Yeah, I know I've posted before about starting to snipe blues but I didn't even start that strategy because I realized that I also needed SI fodder to build up my teams and also that it'd be hard and expensive to get specific characters that I want. Even it feels like that getting optimal IVs is next to impossible.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Buff and inspirational

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Woo I pulled a Rebecca in the banner!!!! (and a neutral Bride Lyn, but mostly the Rebecca.)

I celebrated with all the feathers I’ve gotten in the TT and the end of the Arena and whatnot.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I always appreciate beckyposting and I hope u can join the hall of fame soon

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

free pull + eight orbs got me Elise :toot:. That's enough for this banner, gonna save up for the new year one now

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I hope that pulling for Takumi on the New Year banner will give me the last 3 Felicias I need. She's been sitting at +7 for a while now because the desire sensor decided to give me a bunch of 3* Niles instead.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
Got a free roll and a couple orbs aaand... guess I'll stop there. Is she any good?

Chewbot fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Dec 29, 2017

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
I take back my initial complaints, Bunny Lucina is so ridiculous :kimchi:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Bunny Lucina is still my favorite seasonal unit

A lot of her lines are a mix of :3: and :smith:

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I wish there would be an 'effective against cavalry' banner so i could whale for Mathilda. She's never going to get even a +1 otherwise.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Mathilda is available at 4*. She'll show up for you eventually

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Did one last pull for Christmas Lissa, got no greens, ended up with a +res, -spd Holly Jolly Tharja.

I gave Tharja a lot of grief, but her voice lines are pretty good and make up for the whole Rudolph Bikini weirdness.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Omg I just pulled a +atk soleil she's perfect I love her ;_;

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I really wish Azura was red, I dunno who to replace in my armor team when she comes out

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiwhX3Cdbec

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

cheetah7071 posted:

Mathilda is available at 4*. She'll show up for you eventually

I have four and have no idea what to do with them since I don't even want to promote them to fodder away CA3. I'm not even sure anyone I have even wants CA.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Uhhh whats the counter against firesweep bow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

You know, I got my original Mathilda at 4 stars so I don't know why I thought she was a 5 star exclusive.

Also I keep reading the title as "This is not my beautiful Fjorm."