Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Making Gohan the only character in the ToP taking it seriously was a mistake, all the stuff that makes him a unique character is gone until it ends. Who cares if he wins if he's boring now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

mikemil828 posted:

Gohan’s biggest problem fighting-wise is that he has to juggle training to be in world saving shape with having enough of a day job to not only support his family but also almost certainly his parents as well and he ends up prioritizing the day job, I don’t see Goku making nearly enough as a radish farmer especially given that he drops it to go train for months at a time to support Chichi tutoring addiction.

I do like that Gohan and Videl don't take any of Mr Satan's money even though he's offered it repeatedly. That's some character.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

Making Gohan the only character in the ToP taking it seriously was a mistake, all the stuff that makes him a unique character is gone until it ends. Who cares if he wins if he's boring now?

Many people probably. Because they want him to be relevant and win fights due to liking him a lot in the Cell fight where he was at his most serious.

Endorph posted:

my favorite dbz character is yamcha

Solid choice.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I appreciate Super demonstrating that Gohan and Frieza are the only halfway intelligent people in the entire multiverse.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i'm working my way through Kai and I nearly gave up during the second half of Cell Saga, every character in the show is at their most boring during that arc. like the only interesting things that happen at all are Krillin refusing to go through with destroying the androids and the face Cell makes when he explodes

i'm glad I'm past that though because Videl is a good "normal person perspective" character, the Great Saiyaman stuff is great, Android 18 blackmailing Mr. Satan is the first Mr. Satan-related thing that was actually funny instead of obnoxious, and Babidi is a pretty decent villain

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Dec 28, 2017

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I like how Babidi and Dabura are super weak and incompetent but still summon Buu because Shin and friends are just dumb as hell

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Can you DHC Gohans unleashed

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Improbable Lobster posted:

I like how Babidi and Dabura are super weak and incompetent but still summon Buu because Shin and friends are just dumb as hell

Trunks' 2 minute recap of how he stopped the resurrection of Majin Buu by not being a massive loving idiot in Super was incredibly satisfying.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TriffTshngo posted:

Trunks' 2 minute recap of how he stopped the resurrection of Majin Buu by not being a massive loving idiot in Super was incredibly satisfying.

Appearntly Shin got killed in the Battle with Dabura and Trunks did consider it the biggest threat he had ever faced until Black came along.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

MonsterEnvy posted:

Appearntly Shin got killed in the Battle with Dabura and Trunks did consider it the biggest threat he had ever faced until Black came along.
Shin got killed and IIRC the Z Sword was destroyed as well, which killed Elder Kai which also killed Beerus which also made Whis stop caring about U7 or whatever.

Even when Trunks wins, he loses.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

KyloWinter posted:

Can you DHC Gohans unleashed

gently caress I hope so

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Just collect the dragon balls and wish for muscles

Goku Black main spotted.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I'm sorry for your loss.

honestly hes my favorite because of how hard he gets owned

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Yamcha could kick all our asses

Vakal
May 11, 2008

mikemil828 posted:

I don’t see Goku making nearly enough as a radish farmer especially given that he drops it to go train for months at a time to support Chichi tutoring addiction.

I always assumed they lived off of whatever cash the Ox King got for selling his castle.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Vakal posted:

I always assumed they lived off of whatever cash the Ox King got for selling his castle.

He never got poo poo. At some point it's mentioned that his entire mountain was blown the gently caress up with his entire fortune in it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

dr.acula posted:

Yamcha could kick all our asses
not mine.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Not only is it animated far better than the show, the tune is far better than the music on the show as well.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'm gonna Final Flash the next person who says it's better animated than the show.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I went to gamestop and the cheapest PS4 controller they had was $55 used. I think I'm gonna shop around because the new ones are $60. dang

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Endorph posted:

You're good people Endorph.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

eonwe posted:

I went to gamestop and the cheapest PS4 controller they had was $55 used. I think I'm gonna shop around because the new ones are $60. dang

I googled it for you and something called google express has them for 49.99 new but my iphone wont open the page for some reason so take a look on a non safari browser

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Endorph posted:

Your loyalty will pay off in fighterz

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

I googled it for you and something called google express has them for 49.99 new but my iphone wont open the page for some reason so take a look on a non safari browser

ty buddy, I was just shocked that a used controller is really that much!!!! I planned on going and getting a cheap-ish controller so I could try out skullgirls and mvc2 / 3

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ROFL Octopus posted:

Your loyalty will pay off in fighterz
im gonna play beerus and yamcha and tien, and replace tien with broly if hes dlc

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Terper posted:

I'm gonna Final Flash the next person who says it's better animated than the show.

It really is, they have more money and don't have to do it every week.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Terper posted:

Look at this weakling who doesn't know Gamma Burst Flash

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Terper posted:

it's.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i cant wait to play as nappa and gotenks

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Countblanc posted:

My favorite character is Gotenks because he uses a variety of special moves to defeat the grown-ups.

He's never won a fuckin fight though. Even Yamcha got to beat Goku once.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Didn’t Gotenks double kill Hitler though

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Oh yeah, that happened in a movie I haven't seen I guess.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm going to play as vegeta

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Oh yeah, that happened in a movie I haven't seen I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi59KNI2sA0

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

KyloWinter posted:

Didn’t Gotenks double kill Hitler though
"Blonde hair, blue eyes, and super strength? I wish I'd found you boys earlier."

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Nappa, 16, Buu, is that the three biggest characters we have so far? Is Majin Buu larger than Ginyu? You can build a good Team Small out of Gotenks, Krillin, Teen Gohan and Kid Buu, I believe fielding a wall of meat is equally viable.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

cell is extremely tall but not wide

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

eonwe posted:

ty buddy, I was just shocked that a used controller is really that much!!!! I planned on going and getting a cheap-ish controller so I could try out skullgirls and mvc2 / 3

a brand new dual shock is the baseline price for a controller that works perfectly out of the box by plugging it in. it sucks but that's 2017 for you. the only way a controller will be cheaper would be if it doesn't work for some reason, because otherwise it's identical to a new one and why wouldn't you charge full price for something worth full price?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

sharrrk posted:

cell is extremely tall but not wide

Imperfect Cell was hotter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Do we know how Nappa plays yet? I like his look.