Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

AlbieQuirky posted:

The "James" at the bottom is a fine bit of passive aggression.

James? na.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

An image of the sacred horseradish root.

Hahahahaha what in the gently caress

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Nay fog, I am Jeezs

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Zaphod42 posted:

Hahahahaha what in the gently caress

Everytime i look at it it gets better, look it looks like there's a silhouette of a person tripping in the lower like halfof the trunk of the tree bong

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I'm the original 'art' in a sketchbook off to the left

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Has anyone else noticed the running figure and bird? on the trunk?

Does that make any more sense?

zidane13
Jan 2, 2005

by Smythe
I see what you mean, kinda(purple is person running, red does look a lot like a crane or some big bird). But really it all just looks like a severed arm or leg was dangled above a lion, taken away and then dunked in a bag of grass clippings.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

there wolf posted:

Has anyone else noticed the running figure and bird? on the trunk?

Does that make any more sense?

sweeperbravo posted:

Everytime i look at it it gets better, look it looks like there's a silhouette of a person tripping in the lower like halfof the trunk of the tree bong

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Other people have opined elsewhere, and they may have an idea:

"Harry Potter reference? Looks like a snake at the lower left, into a passage of some sort? Phoenix in the middle, on.... a lovely womping willow? I don't even know what to say about the purple person who looks like they're swimming"

"Ohhh, yes, I think we have a winner! The secret tunnel under the womping willow with Fawkes flying overhead while Ron (with his broken leg) is dragged into the tree."

OTOH:

"From the bottom up it looks like a used condom that has a 90 degree bend and is filled with poop. At the end of the poop filled condom there is a mass of hair that looks like it just went through a failed green dye job. And for some reason there is a dead bird lying on top of it, and there is a little fairy lady swimming in the poop. Sorry, that is the best I can do."

"It looks like an inhaler made out of meat"

"It's a character EA lets you start out with"

zidane13
Jan 2, 2005

by Smythe
She was fisted and can never forget how it made her feel like a hand puppet made out of meat?

I think I figured it out though, it's a weed pipe.

Yas
Apr 7, 2009

Is that a drawing of the tattoo in the back left?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Yas posted:

Is that a drawing of the tattoo in the back left?

The tattoo is a tattoo of the drawing.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Picnic Princess posted:

The tattoo is a tattoo of the drawing.

And the drawing is a drawing of the tattoo

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i think it's a sea anemone or something similar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_anemone

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i think it's a sea anemone or something similar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_anemone

that's what I always thought it was, but holy poo poo having a giant poorly tattooed sea anemone on your back

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I'm dying :lol:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Other people have opined elsewhere, and they may have an idea:

"Harry Potter reference? Looks like a snake at the lower left, into a passage of some sort? Phoenix in the middle, on.... a lovely womping willow? I don't even know what to say about the purple person who looks like they're swimming"

"Ohhh, yes, I think we have a winner! The secret tunnel under the womping willow with Fawkes flying overhead while Ron (with his broken leg) is dragged into the tree."

Holy poo poo, I hadn't even noticed the bird and the human figure. I think this may be right.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I, too, have been completely mystified by this hideous tattoo...enough to do some reverse-image searching which landed me in Reddit where someone claiming to have insight says that the woman in the picture drew the art herself and then got it tattooed.

This can't be real, can it? I still don't believe it, but anyway... posted:

Just looked at her shared image on Facebook. The circle is an ouroboros, relatively simple. And then growing out of that is the roots that then right angle up to the tree.

In the tree there is a purple person dancing and A Phoenix flying, these can be seen as paintings on the tree.

the tree has a feminine shape, possibly the paintings on the tree double as patterns on a dress. The dance of life toward meaning — rebirth being either something all humanity is destined for or something the artist believes is fact(unsure) the feminine frame of the trunk possibly symbolizes Mother Nature

I also believe the branches and leaves of the tree double as peacock feathers , flannery O’Connor believed the circle on the peacocks feather was the eye of god, judging all.

So from the ouroboros, a symbol of the constant cycle of life and death, grows the Phoenix— a being that has overcome death by being reborn from fire— and humanity chases this desire. And the god of the peacock, though a similar beauty to the Phoenix, is of the earth. Does not rebirth. But it holds with it gods protection and love—his gaze and permissibility (the leaves blowing in the wind, unlike the stern unmoving trunk of the tree) and although she is lovely and desirable, Mother Nature is deceptively harsh

...If I had to hazard a guess

e: And it also reminded me of that story about the girl whose boyfriend was mad at her so he tattooed a pile of poo poo on her back, complete with flies. I really always thought it was fake, but when looking for the picture, turns out the tattoo is real but it's supposed to be moths flying toward a flickering candle.
Anyway, real or fake, these gals should be friends.

e2: Imgur isn't working for me and I've already been too involved with this whole mess! But if you search for poo poo back tattoo, you'll see it. As if you could forget.

I.C. has a new favorite as of 23:01 on Dec 29, 2017

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
So we have learned that the lady may be absolutely terrible at both art and philosophy. :cripes:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Well whether it's intended to or not, I think it definitely works like defensive eye spots on moths. Any predator is going to be struck with paralytic confusion trying to figure out what it's looking at while she makes her escape.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/shitshowdotinfo/status/946835246024134656

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I wonder if that dude keeps trying to kill the dude with the (much better) Bart Stussy tattoo.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Holy 90s, Ba(r)tman!

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.

OwlFancier posted:

Cannot yet assign positively to animal or vegetable kingdom, but odds now favour animal, probably represents incredibly advanced evolution of radiata without loss of certain primitive features. Echinoderm resemblances unmistakable despite local contradictory evidences. Wing structure puzzles in view of probable marine habitat, but may have use in water navigation. Symmetry is curiously vegetable-like, suggesting vegetable's essentially up-and-down structure rather than animal's fore-and-aft structure. Fabulously early date of evolution, preceding even simplest Archean protozoa hitherto known, baffles all conjecture as to origin.

HPL ya?

edit: thanks Google. :hf: my dude

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Bottle opener!

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Does... that tattoo have aliasing? :stare:

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010

This dude's arm looks like it was drawn by the same person who did his shifty tattoo.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

馬鹿外人 is read Baka Gaijin, for anyone that wants to know.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
So I guess this is a thing now:

https://twitter.com/sakyrahhh/status/948381469650464768

In case anyone's wondering, the sound is not being reproduced from the scanned tattoo. The audio is stored on the phone and whenever the camera sees the trigger image - the tattoo - it plays the audio.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

TotalLossBrain posted:

So I guess this is a thing now:

https://twitter.com/sakyrahhh/status/948381469650464768

In case anyone's wondering, the sound is not being reproduced from the scanned tattoo. The audio is stored on the phone and whenever the camera sees the trigger image - the tattoo - it plays the audio.

B-b-but it's the exact waveform!

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
To memorialize my father I have a QR code tattooed on my bicep that leads to a picture of goatse.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
It’s obvious, she started sketching while high on drugs, and now views this drawing as deeply significant, whatever the gently caress it is

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fishing with the fam posted:

To memorialize my father I have a QR code tattooed on my bicep that leads to a picture of goatse.

Sorry, the goatse site is some blockchain scam now.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

TotalLossBrain posted:

That was my first thought :thumbsup:

And now I'm wondering what the highest fidelity you could get out of a picture of a waveform would be. (pretty dang poo poo, but how poo poo?)

Which basically guarantees that in 5-10 years this tattoo will be meaningless.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I doubt you could tell what was being played back from a tattoo of a waveform, the sampling rate would just be too low. Maybe if you had terrible white noise and could convince people it was the sound of ocean waves? :v:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Wankel? more like.......wanker