Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Ratzap posted:

I was going through my tickets with crossed fingers. 2 x Santa Roselia, then a rainbow - Ace (sigh). With 5 tickets left I got another rainbow which was White Knight Noel so I'm quitting now while I'm ahead.

That motherfucker looks majestic. He's making it rain gifts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i can toss some demon killers on my OK and flip him to my friend unit

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

PaybackJack posted:

I got Cloud and Elfreeda and the math works out to being a bit higher than the fist damage I can do now. Although I think the chain bonus damage from Onion Cutter makes up for it. I want to check it out just because OK is such a rad little unit that's so drat versatile.

I think if you can spark-chain his Splendors he ends up on top with FD, just because of how quickly the chain multiplier would ramp up to max, but it's hard to say. Either way, I think all the advantages of using Splendors instead for elemental damage flexibility + opposing resistance buff, plus the fact that using the LB is actually a major source of damage that simultaneously fills in your ATK buff + DEF break needs, kind of makes up for any shortcomings in damage compared to BiS DW. The little guy just becomes this almost-complete package damage-dealer unit which is really cool!

Problem is finding chaining partners. Onion Bro is already in a weird spot with his frames and chain count, and 2B who fills the lightning FD role is in the same spot. I don't have duplicates of either of those two unfortunately.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

I have a holy 3x demon slayer OK up, and plenty of open friend slots.
502 835 577

Office Thug posted:

Problem is finding chaining partners. Onion Bro is already in a weird spot with his frames and chain count, and 2B who fills the lightning FD role is in the same spot. I don't have duplicates of either of those two unfortunately.

Get lots of high end OK friend on your list, hunt them down on reddit or the in-game friend search if you have to.

He does chain decently with Orlandu, too. Especially if you're being lazy during a raid and jamming on repeat. A 1k TGcid works out better for me than an 1100 elemental OK in those situations.

rath
Apr 25, 2005
I should be learning code instead of posting on the boards.
I'm running excal 3x demon slayer OK as well. Also currently TMRing Cloud+2Elf to try dice OK out so add me if you are doing the same. 457222921

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I've got a 2B with 4 Demon Killers rn :smuggo: (Diabolos, Demon Killer materia, Cursed Mouthpiece, Sun Barette in case anybody forgot one)

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Ace does seem like he'll be interesting. Guess this is the last straw for benching Fohlen. Shame he doesn't imperil wind, but I can switch to Fire, I think, since I have a Hoemaru/Katana Mastery combo for OK and can easily get some fire on Reberta. Just need some support alcrysts to max out Devotion.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

jetz0r posted:

I have a holy 3x demon slayer OK up, and plenty of open friend slots.
502 835 577

Get lots of high end OK friend on your list, hunt them down on reddit or the in-game friend search if you have to.

He does chain decently with Orlandu, too. Especially if you're being lazy during a raid and jamming on repeat. A 1k TGcid works out better for me than an 1100 elemental OK in those situations.

Finding DW onion bros is pretty easy, lots of goons have one up constantly. I have few problems there apart from some elemental mis-matchings and people using fist/etc., which doesn't work as well with my niche excalibur OK.

The issue is finding Fixed Dice onion bros, that's going to be extremely niche and much rarer, which is understandable but still throws a bit of a wrench into things. It doesn't matter if your super FD OK can deal 6+ mil dpt if the friend OK's damage effectively cuts in half because half of his DW chain isn't being supported.

rath posted:

I'm running excal 3x demon slayer OK as well. Also currently TMRing Cloud+2Elf to try dice OK out so add me if you are doing the same. 457222921

Already got you! You'll have at least one FD OK once I round out the remaining 35-40% on my last Marshall Glove and my first Fixed Dice :cool:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

I got a Cloud last night from my 5* ticket, But no marshall gloves. So I'll be sticking with my DW OK, instead of experimenting with dice.

And if I had the full TDH setup, it'd be on a Randi anyways.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i dont think excalibur OK is all that niche, while aigiaons fist does have a higher attack stat and whatever pseudo high tide on it a spark chain is just so much more effective than a regular chain that i think having an elemental weapon on OK is just basically always better

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

5* ticket last night was Fryevia #2, which is awesome in my book. Is her lb worth leveling?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

No, her bread and butter is Frost Flower Blitz. It has a higher multiplier (x8 vs x6.4 of the lv25 LB) and imperil's ice which FFB is. Her LB has an AoE stop but stop is just an arena thing and not worth spending pots on.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Add me, OK-havers, if you haven't already. I need more of you. Went ahead and decked out my 200% demon killers/holy dude. Normally I don't bother but that boss is actually pretty beefy. I came in un-prepared and it took me like 8 turns instead of what should've probably been 1.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Ugato posted:

Add me, OK-havers, if you haven't already. I need more of you. Went ahead and decked out my 200% demon killers/holy dude. Normally I don't bother but that boss is actually pretty beefy. I came in un-prepared and it took me like 8 turns instead of what should've probably been 1.

Added you. Also I had no idea Ring of the Lucii was better than Desch' Earring with that many other slots dedicated to Demon Killer!

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Office Thug posted:

Added you. Also I had no idea Ring of the Lucii was better than Desch' Earring with that many other slots dedicated to Demon Killer!

It’s 57 atk on OK versus Desch’s 44. It’s nothing massive, but every little bit adds up. I actually use ring all the time on him.

OK is right at the point where you have to watch the atk cap, but only if you have a plenty of gear. He’s 80% base and 50/50/40/40 brings him up to 260. I actually run 60/50/40/40 (when I use GS) so the ring puts me exactly at 300%. And that means I can replace what would normally be a 30% or 40% materia with GS mastery on my second OK (+19 or 38 atk).

I could do raw BIS (with elemental weapon - 2x Desch, 60/50/50/40) and get 6 more atk out of my beefier OK, but it’s not worth the loss on the second guy.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]
Put my OK up as well - 309 982 781. ATK sucks at the moment (721) but do have at least one killer up - need to see if I have any more.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

all you OK havers. Is the LB on him worth leveling? It's just an average break right?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
If you consider 74% DEF break and 104% ATK buff as "average"

BASE would probably be average, but Max is pretty sweet

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
It’s very powerful but the cross-section of “things that can be def broken” and “things I can’t kill before turn 3” (the first turn taking full advantage of his LB) is surprisingly small. I’ve mostly been working on the defensive LBs.

E: I guess it’s noteworthy that I have Delita for enhanced breaks. The last raid I was doing 12-13m damage single round kills. So I may not be the best example.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Dec 30, 2017

Chasiu
Dec 30, 2007
Saved my 5* EX ticket for today in hopes of pulling a White Knight Noel. Instead, Gumi gave me my white whale!

Just when I thought maybe I'd stop playing for a while... Now I'm not sure if I should replace Agrias with him or farm up a 3rd Excalibur & Katana Mastery, etc. since I'm also using 2B for chaining and Luneth to finish. I should probably stop being lazy with trials since I have amassed some decent 5*s after the gacha change, but I can't bring myself to attempt any fight where Auto attacks are not sufficient to murder everything...

Fake Edit: Just noticed today is my 10 year anniversary with SA too!

Chasiu fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Dec 30, 2017

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Just a quick reminder that Enchanted Maze is going on currently. Check it out in the vortex under the "Enhance" section.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Chasiu posted:

Saved my 5* EX ticket for today in hopes of pulling a White Knight Noel. Instead, Gumi gave me my white whale!

Just when I thought maybe I'd stop playing for a while... Now I'm not sure if I should replace Agrias with him or farm up a 3rd Excalibur & Katana Mastery, etc. since I'm also using 2B for chaining and Luneth to finish. I should probably stop being lazy with trials since I have amassed some decent 5*s after the gacha change, but I can't bring myself to attempt any fight where Auto attacks are not sufficient to murder everything...

Fake Edit: Just noticed today is my 10 year anniversary with SA too!

Unenhanced Orlandu is better than an enhanced Agrias.

Definitely level up that Orlandu. Enhance Divine Ruination and Black Lion Emblem.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

fullTimeLurker posted:

all you OK havers. Is the LB on him worth leveling? It's just an average break right?

Depends on the other LBs you'd need to level. There are some others I'd rate above OK, but I don't regret maxing the LB on mine. In addition to being a very good -def break, and decent atk buff, it's also a 8x attack that takes no mana. Most of my bahamut expedition fights were based on alternating LBs on my OK and the friend OK.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

dangerous.hotdog posted:

That motherfucker looks majestic. He's making it rain gifts.

I really dig him. So glad he got enhancements this year. Even have him paired off with Illusionist Nichol.

Chasiu
Dec 30, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Unenhanced Orlandu is better than an enhanced Agrias.

Definitely level up that Orlandu. Enhance Divine Ruination and Black Lion Emblem.

Oh yes, he's levelled up to 100 (thanks Raid Summons) and enhanced already. It was more of a question of, who should I bump to add him into my party (assuming the content requires a tank and healer)?

1. Enhanced Agrias
2. The other chainer 2B or
3. Finisher Luneth

Chasiu fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Dec 30, 2017

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I don't even have better than Durandal or the Holy Spear for weapons to use with it but when I build my team around light element things get so easy with Orlandeu. I only had enough crysts to get his DR to +1, and he still does his job so well. Imperil + amazing chain bridger, he makes any units fit together with each other just about if you play around w/ the timing. I got a nearly complete chain (last two hits were non-chained) on the Gingerbread Trial-man for a 2nd turn KO after he murked the friend A2 I had with me for his dinner. I was using Orlandu DR, Grim Lord Sakura, and A2 OHC and was surprised not to see a bunch of 1-2 hit chains because of OHC, guess it just fit right in somehow between the others.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Dec 30, 2017

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

FFBE JP is really fun, goddamn. Maybe I just decided to pick it up at the right time but the christmas event has just been throwing free poo poo at me and I already have a Hyou at 115 with Excalibur (free Raid achievement reward) and his TMR (free 100% moogle I got somewhere?). I got two Hyous from those twenty unit-of-choice tickets that were handed out earlier in the month.

I'm sad I didn't give it more attention earlier since I'm just now able to clear the upper raid difficulties but the raid is going away tomorrow. I'm considering grinding out lapis from story missions so I can refill my raid orbs. Lapis also seems to just be way more plentiful, story missions give double the amounts compared to GL for starters.

I'm dealing with the language barrier one step at a time. I figured out which attacks are ST or AoE from in-game descriptions from the first two characters (ST = second character is a 1, AoE = second character is an arrow thing pointing up).

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Office Thug posted:

FFBE JP is really fun, goddamn. Maybe I just decided to pick it up at the right time but the christmas event has just been throwing free poo poo at me and I already have a Hyou at 115 with Excalibur (free Raid achievement reward) and his TMR (free 100% moogle I got somewhere?). I got two Hyous from those twenty unit-of-choice tickets that were handed out earlier in the month.

I'm sad I didn't give it more attention earlier since I'm just now able to clear the upper raid difficulties but the raid is going away tomorrow. I'm considering grinding out lapis from story missions so I can refill my raid orbs. Lapis also seems to just be way more plentiful, story missions give double the amounts compared to GL for starters.

I'm dealing with the language barrier one step at a time. I figured out which attacks are ST or AoE from in-game descriptions from the first two characters (ST = second character is a 1, AoE = second character is an arrow thing pointing up).

JP has always rained down lapis and tickets. That's why its always hilarious to read the FFBE reddit where shills constantly talk about how "Wait 9 months and global will get the same stuff" and then when global reaches month XX where JP got this this and that global gets dick and poo poo yet the shills keep harping on that point.

But we know from the leaks that global is the cash cow for them so of course they constantly experiment with how much they can gently caress around without cratering their revenues.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

JP is where they make a great (for a mobile) game that we all find occasionally compelling to play, while GL is where they carve poo poo off it and figure out how to sell it back to you for more

We get occasional QOL improvements before they do but they enjoy an objectively less gently caress-you design approach and everyone who has ever said "GL is a different game!" to excuse it is defending their own screwing

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Agreed posted:

We get occasional QOL improvements before they do but they enjoy an objectively less gently caress-you design approach and everyone who has ever said "GL is a different game!" to excuse it is defending their own screwing

At the moment it seems like JP is well ahead in terms of QOL though, specifically with their ability to fuse cactuars to save room (which you should always do first since it's an extra chance to get 1.5 or 2x EXP bonus), and also being able to fuse more than just 5 loving units at a time. I don't get the chocobo farm thing though, and the lack of expeditions is a little lovely for me personally.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Expeditions were a really good idea. I get so much use out of that feature. It's contributed more to my Tough and Burst pots than anything else, and who doesn't like Adventurer?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Agreed posted:

Expeditions were a really good idea. I get so much use out of that feature. It's contributed more to my Tough and Burst pots than anything else, and who doesn't like Adventurer?

I just wish they'd make Lunar Curtains and those other random consumables purchasable from shops. Which reminds me, I'm up to 10 of each of the Hero Ring + versions and haven't seen a single Dominon ring mat drop.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Office Thug posted:

At the moment it seems like JP is well ahead in terms of QOL though, specifically with their ability to fuse cactuars to save room (which you should always do first since it's an extra chance to get 1.5 or 2x EXP bonus), and also being able to fuse more than just 5 loving units at a time. I don't get the chocobo farm thing though, and the lack of expeditions is a little lovely for me personally.

Chocobos are a source of extra mats, including the item you need to challenge(?) the 3 star esper fights. You can also get chocobo weapons from it which aren't amazing for establish players, but really nice if you luck out as a newbie. Plus they're a source of wind swords/daggers with decent-ish attack.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Chocobo trail thing will come out here when 3* espers start coming out. It originally came out in japan like 6 months ago? It'll be another 6 months before it gets here

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Office Thug posted:

Already got you! You'll have at least one FD OK once I round out the remaining 35-40% on my last Marshall Glove and my first Fixed Dice :cool:

I'm thinking about putting up an FD TDH OK companion but I think it's going to be a pain in the rear end finding chaining partners for raids given we run them hourly. Finding Orlandeau friends is just so easy.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
They need to add FFT style expedition results dialogue to expeditions. Instead of success the units can tell you "I had a good feeling!"

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

I used my 5* EX ticket today.

I got a unit from the Cloud banner.

It wasn't Cloud.

Thanks for troll, Gumi.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Benthalus posted:

I used my 5* EX ticket today.

I got a unit from the Cloud banner.

It wasn't Cloud.

Thanks for troll, Gumi.

Good news is, she's about as sought after as cloud is since her TMR is the bis accessory for TDH units! So you really want her anyways!

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I swapped my companion to a TDH FD Onion Knight. He should be BiS once I finish Training Clothes in a few hours. Would love to add other TDH FD OKs.

411 249 974

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

My Barbariccia is almost maxed out. Would people prefer her or Trance Terra as a friend unit? I could also put up Roy.

• Locked thread