Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Pug Rodeo posted:

Microsoft OWNS Minecraft.

If you hadn't cut out the first bit of the post you quoted you'd see they meant Sine Mora EX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

arms

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
What are some good eShop games? It's super hard to tell just browsing the shop. I've got some Christmas gift cards to blow. Finally picked up Overcooked and it's super fun if you've got someone to play it with. I can't imagine it'd be any fun at all single player but with others it's a loving blast.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cobalt Viper posted:

What are some good eShop games? It's super hard to tell just browsing the shop. I've got some Christmas gift cards to blow. Finally picked up Overcooked and it's super fun if you've got someone to play it with. I can't imagine it'd be any fun at all single player but with others it's a loving blast.

Sonic Mania, Stardew Valley, Blaster Master Zero and Rocket League are all great choices. The later two are currently on sale, I believe.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Cobalt Viper posted:

The Blossom Tales game is a pretty damned competent Zelda clone, if you like the old-school 2-d ones. Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero is probably the best one yet if you like Metroidvanias; Axiom Verge even doubly so.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Sudden Javelin posted:

If you hadn't cut out the first bit of the post you quoted you'd see they meant Sine Mora EX

That’s what I get for posting in bed before having coffee. My bad.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Is it bad taste to recommend games you worked on? Because both our recent (good) games are on there right now.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Is it bad taste to recommend games you worked on? Because both our recent (good) games are on there right now.

which games

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
SteamWorld Dig 2 (metroidvania with digging and hookshotting and stuff) and SteamWorld Heist (2D XCOM with freeaiming and ricochets, like Worms). The first Dig game isn't on there but y'know if you want to hold your breath for that one...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tae posted:

Enter the Gungeon tweeted out 75,000 sales in the 2 weeks it's been on the switch.

That's what, 1.5 million in revenue before costs and taxes? That's amazing.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Frankston posted:

The switch is the perfect indie console, give me FTL Everspace already

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The two games I wanna hear about this January direct is No More Hero’s and Animal Crossing

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Tender Bender posted:

I would have played way more Smash Wii U if it had a decent single player or more "for everyone" online options.

Yeah I don't like how they changed Classic mode for the WiiU version, it worked a lot better on 3DS.

SeANMcBAY posted:

My fingers are crossed for a Subspace sequel.

Ew.

I wish they'd just recreate Adventure mode, it was simple and straightforward with lots of neat little level like stages to go through and that's all I really want, Subspace was a huge mess in comparison. Fighting games just naturally work better as beat-em-ups, not metroidvanias.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Yeah I don't like how they changed Classic mode for the WiiU version, it worked a lot better on 3DS.

Ew.

I wish they'd just recreate Adventure mode, it was simple and straightforward with lots of neat little level like stages to go through and that's all I really want, Subspace was a huge mess in comparison. Fighting games just naturally work better as beat-em-ups, not metroidvanias.

I don’t think it was that well done for Brawl but I think the concept deserves another chance. I mainly want it back just for the set of cutscenes it would have.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

SteamWorld Dig 2 (metroidvania with digging and hookshotting and stuff) and SteamWorld Heist (2D XCOM with freeaiming and ricochets, like Worms). The first Dig game isn't on there but y'know if you want to hold your breath for that one...

Oh cool. Yeah both these games are great -- SteamWorld Dig 1 was pretty good but the sequel is awesome -- movement feels great and exploration off the beaten path is really rewarding. Even the secret rooms have secret rooms

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Cobalt Viper posted:

I got The Sexy Brutale and Oxenfree for Christmas and I'm happy with them.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Cobalt Viper posted:

I'm a big fan of Battle Chef Brigade, in addition to many of the titles others are recommending. Having jackbox on a portable console is pretty cool, too, I recommend party pack 3, it's the one my friends and I come back to most often.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

It's cool if you're up front about having worked on it imho. Both those SteamWorld games own pretty hard, they're good reccs.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

goferchan posted:

Oh cool. Yeah both these games are great -- SteamWorld Dig 1 was pretty good but the sequel is awesome -- movement feels great and exploration off the beaten path is really rewarding. Even the secret rooms have secret rooms

Secret rooms having secret rooms is what just sold me on this game. Thank you for finally deciding for me!!

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Sounds cool, I'm going to finally check one of these games out. Happy new year!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Nice! How kosher self promotion is really depends on the quality of said recommendation imo. Steamworld games are pretty bad rear end, which makes your rec no different or less sincere than that being offered by someone who didn't work on the game

I need to try heist but I had a blast with dig 1 on Vita and 2 on switch, which was a nice surprise because I had zero interest in the franchise until I got dig 1 from ps plus, then was like oh cool I need to keep an eye out for these guys and their future products

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Macaluso posted:

*slams fist on desk, spittle flying everywhere from my mouth like a rabbid dog* GIVE ME SMASH

Ask not for whom the goon slams.

He slams for me.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

Stan Taylor posted:

Did that NBA jam lookalike ever become good? Also what's a good rhythm game on here? I see harmonix put something out but it looks pretty iffy. Might grab thumper or voez or whatever the other game the voez people put out is called.

Superbeat is a good rhythm game with lots of content if you haven't played it elsewhere, although it was clearly made with Sony's symmetrical pad layout in mind and can take time to adjust to.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mega64 posted:

It's finally time to announce my 2017 Video Game Bird of the Year!

This year's winner...

...is Kass from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild! Truly the coolest bird in gaming that's not dead.

See you next year!

I am incredibly interested in hearing which birds won previous years

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Glad I bought Crawl, really shines with 4

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

DLC Inc posted:

I can't wait for the Direct to announce 6 new DLC characters for Blaster Master Zero

Rex, Doom Guy, Isaac, Rabbid Peach, Beedle, and Monika?

Ragequit posted:

Yes, 2018 is the year to expect a new Wild Arms game. I know you all just heard the whistle intro to Wild Arms the second I mentioned that series.

Get out of my head.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

SeANMcBAY posted:

I don’t think it was that well done for Brawl but I think the concept deserves another chance. I mainly want it back just for the set of cutscenes it would have.

Iirc that was why they didn't put one in, the cutscenes took a lot of time from the development

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

I am incredibly interested in hearing which birds won previous years

Kass did as well, retroactively

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Kass did as well, retroactively
if you go far enough back Revali is alive :colbert:

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
If I buy the DLC for fire emblem warriors will the new content be available to all profiles on my system or just the profile used to pay? As I am the main user of the console and have my own save on my profile but I've been playing co-op on my boyfriend's profile. I obviously only want the DLC if both profiles can access it!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

nerd_of_prey posted:

If I buy the DLC for fire emblem warriors will the new content be available to all profiles on my system or just the profile used to pay? As I am the main user of the console and have my own save on my profile but I've been playing co-op on my boyfriend's profile. I obviously only want the DLC if both profiles can access it!

Purchased content is available to all profiles on the device.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Actually bird of the year is Germ

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Weedle posted:

Purchased content is available to all profiles on the device.

Awesome thanks, I don't buy DLC usually so wasn't sure how it worked!

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Cobalt Viper posted:

Golf Story

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I can't wait to play Bayonetta again.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Macaluso posted:

Actually bird of the year is Germ

Actually yeah him and Kass are tied for best bird friend

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
is that zela LTTP like game good

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

a.lo posted:

No

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

SteamWorld Dig 1 confirmed for Switch, according to my uncle in Nintendo Image and Form.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

a.lo posted:

I’ve been enjoying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I always forget the typical gap between a direct being announced and actually shown. Isn’t it like 2 weeks?

Also smash hype train toot toot.

• Locked thread