Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Vikar Jerome posted:

Reminderer that the cure never worked in the main game for zoe or mia either way.

How do you figure that it didn't work on Mia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Raxivace posted:

How do you figure that it didn't work on Mia?

she still becomes evil mia in the boat

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Saw this in the PS4 thread.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Vikar Jerome posted:

Reminderer that the cure never worked in the main game for zoe or mia either way.

The ending says it worked eventually. So there :colbert:

Lord Grundle
Sep 5, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

she still becomes evil mia in the boat

I thought that was only if you gave the cure to Zoe.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Lord Grundle posted:

I thought that was only if you gave the cure to Zoe.

doesnt she slam the door shut and push ethan out and then turn back into evil mia as she does it? if you dont give her the cure you have to fight her if you do she just pushes you out while turning evil, is what i remember. like the cure gave her more power to fight it at any rate. i mean the ending implies that once evie is gone they get better but now end of zoe is saying otherwise. could be a way to get mia to go bad again in another game or some poo poo.

i dont know, this is resident evil science we are talking about.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Vikar Jerome posted:

doesnt she slam the door shut and push ethan out and then turn back into evil mia as she does it? if you dont give her the cure you have to fight her if you do she just pushes you out while turning evil, is what i remember. like the cure gave her more power to fight it at any rate. i mean the ending implies that once evie is gone they get better but now end of zoe is saying otherwise. could be a way to get mia to go bad again in another game or some poo poo.

i dont know, this is resident evil science we are talking about.

Or it's just bad writing. That's kind of the general feel of RE7. It looks pretty, and most of the mocap stuff is amazing, but the writing is pretty bad even for Resident Evil. Well, main series RE anyway. I liked they toned stuff back at least. A smaller area and a few people being affected rather than an entire city, and going full on Michael Bay.

The Repo Man fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Dec 16, 2017

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I saw there was the Not a Hero extra available the other day so I opened up the game on my PS4, knowing I didn't have time to play it right then but thinking that the several GB update it downloaded would mean I'd be able to give it a go on the weekend.

Nope, one more update was required, plus a system update, neither of which were too massive, but finally... I can download the Not a Hero add-on. Maybe I'll even get to play it today!

I'm such an old man.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Marmaduke! posted:

I saw there was the Not a Hero extra available the other day so I opened up the game on my PS4, knowing I didn't have time to play it right then but thinking that the several GB update it downloaded would mean I'd be able to give it a go on the weekend.

Nope, one more update was required, plus a system update, neither of which were too massive, but finally... I can download the Not a Hero add-on. Maybe I'll even get to play it today!

I'm such an old man.

It's so nice to see consoles are finally able to replicate the real :pcgaming: experience.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Kibayasu posted:

It's so nice to see consoles are finally able to replicate the real :pcgaming: experience.

Not quite. Until each console runs the same game differently and required browsing forums and loving with various settings to actually make things run it's going to remain lacking

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Consoles have had patches for over 10 years now

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I have a sneaking suspicion the additional several GB download was to download End of Zoe, which I have no interest in since I would have to pay for it.

Not a Hero seems all right though, I had very low hopes considering it was free, but it's a good continuation so far. I've only had like 3 of the special ammo in the hour or so I've played, apparently I didn't spot a lockpick so I missed out on some more, and the next set is behind a door packed with the enemies I can't kill because I don't have the right ammo. That's my resi!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What the heck are you supposed to do when you find Marquez (the guy with the laser trip wires surrounding him)? When I get to him I seem to just die in the cutscene.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

What the heck are you supposed to do when you find Marquez (the guy with the laser trip wires surrounding him)? When I get to him I seem to just die in the cutscene.

you gotta look around for a switch to pull to deactivate the power.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Yeah, the loading screen spelled it out for me after I died to that.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is it best to fire one ramrod into a molded and to switch ammo or to just unload ramrods into them?

Edit: not a hero was cool.
I actually liked it quite a bit. Wish it was about 30% longer though. Actually took me 2 hours so some of you guys must play way faster than me.

Does anyone know if Joe must Die is VR compatible? That's pretty much gonna make or break whether or not I want to buy End Of Zoe.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Dec 18, 2017

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Is it best to fire one ramrod into a molded and to switch ammo or to just unload ramrods into them?

I actually liked it quite a bit. Wish it was about 30% longer though. Actually took me 2 hours so some of you guys must play way faster than me.

Does anyone know if Joe must Die is VR compatible? That's pretty much gonna make or break whether or not I want to buy End Of Zoe.

I'm pretty sure RAMRODs are an instant kill, except on the boss molded where you only need to fire the first one.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I'm pretty sure RAMRODs are an instant kill, except on the boss molded where you only need to fire the first one.

I may be (and probably am) completely wrong here but I'm pretty sure he (fat white-furry-mold man) required at least a couple of RAMROD shots over the duration of that fight, or at least that's how it seemed to be during my run. Bastard stopped acknowledging my shotgun blasts entirely every 15-20 seconds after magical RAMROD ammo usage.

Ferrous
Feb 28, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

I haven't tried Joe Must Die yet but it's just a difficulty selection within End of Zoe (which is definitely VR compatible, it's how I played it) so I can't imagine it wouldn't be.

Edit: Confirmed, works in VR mode.

Ferrous fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Dec 19, 2017

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Not A Hero - Fine. None of the horror or humor of the main game, but not necessarily bad. I wish Lucas had gotten his just-desserts as a Human though. He was such a fucker all through the game as a Regular Guy that I didn't get much of a sense of satisfaction from killing some random lumpy beast.

End of Zoe - Got plenty of belly laughs from me. More fun than NaH for sure, but man they really didn't need to bring Swamp Man back for it. Swamp Man left a calcified lower body behind when he died. Keeping the door open for a future appearance? Unlikely, because this is the last RE game we're ever getting.

Are there more unlockables for beating NaH and EoZ multiple times/certain difficulties/parameters? I just did each one on Normal and unlocked a new "sight" for NaH and like 3 new things for EoZ.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I think if you beat Hero on professional you get infinite ammo, probably something else.

If you do Joe Must Die I think you get some sort of extra weapon. It also has a speed run challenge mode that gets you a magic knife. Haven’t done either.

Ferrous
Feb 28, 2010
I unlocked the magic knife earlier (complete normal Extreme challenges), it has life steal on it. Not had much of a chance to try it but it sounds a bit underwhelming compared to Power Fist.

Completing the Exxxxtreme+ challenges on Joe Must Die gives you infinite weapons.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Unlikely, because this is the last RE game we're ever getting.

Have you heard something I haven't?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ferrous posted:

I haven't tried Joe Must Die yet but it's just a difficulty selection within End of Zoe (which is definitely VR compatible, it's how I played it) so I can't imagine it wouldn't be.

Edit: Confirmed, works in VR mode.

Cool. Thanks. I was actually expecting it to not have VR support since it was inexplicably missing from Ethan Must Die and Jack's 55th birthday.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Wanderer posted:

resident evil 6 has finally managed to kill the resident evil franchise once and for all, retroactively, with one of the seven dlcs for resident evil 7.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Wanderer posted:

All RE assets are going to be given over to the Monster Hunter division of Capcom.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Vakal posted:

All RE assets are going to be given over to the Monster Hunter division of Capcom.

I'd play the poo poo out of a BOW Hunter game

Ferrous
Feb 28, 2010

Len posted:

I'd play the poo poo out of a BOW Hunter game

Throw a little bit of XCom research and development in there, maybe a bit of light tactical planning, and this is my perfect game.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Did they really need to bring Jack back as an angry Swamp monster in End of Zoe, I know he's a popular character Capcom but c'mon, also the insta kill Gators loving suck.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Is the RE7 Gold worth $20 more then Vanilla? I want to get the game but didn't ever really looks to see if any of the DLC was any good.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
DLC is good but I was pretty satisfied by the main campaign. I would just go with the main game and then get the DLC during the next sale if you want. Probably heavily discounted too

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Spalec posted:

Is the RE7 Gold worth $20 more then Vanilla? I want to get the game but didn't ever really looks to see if any of the DLC was any good.

I think it really depends on what you're after. I know some people liked the arcade-like modes in Jack's Birthday and Ethan Must Die, but that stuff didn't really do much for me. My favorite bits of the DLC were the escaperoom segment called Bedroom for Banned Footage 1, and the Card game 21 from Banned Footage 2.

I didn't expect to enjoy 21 as much as I did. It isn't a normal game of 21 with a Resident Evil coat of paint on it, there are a variety of special cards that do interesting things and really change the way the game works. It's actually really great, and watching a quick video will probably do more to show why. It was probably my favorite piece of dlc, and it's totally different from the main game.

Bedroom is good, but it's a play through once and then you're done with it. A friend and I played this together and it was fun to cooperate and try to figure out what we needed to do to rescue poor Clancy from the bedroom. The catch is that Marguerite returns to the room at points so you have to return everything you've moved or altered before she returns or she'll know you've been attempting to escape. It's a cool experience and captures the tension of the main game better than most of the rest of the dlc.

Banned footage 1 and 2 are $10 each, so if you want to play both you might as well buy the gold edition and play it all. If you end up buying it piecemeal, I don't think End of Zoe is worth $15, or even $5. I don't really recommend it at all.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So there's a pretty good chance we might be hearing more about REmake 2 very shortly. With the upcoming 20th anniversary of Resident Evil 2 (next Sunday in USA/the 29th in Japan), some eagle eyed fans spotted some neat changes in Resident Evil's social media.

RE Twitter USA changed their logo to a Resident Evil 2 style logo.

Biohazard Twitter Japan has a mysterious blank space next to RE7 on their banner.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Policenaut posted:

So there's a pretty good chance we might be hearing more about REmake 2 very shortly. With the upcoming 20th anniversary of Resident Evil 2 (next Sunday in USA/the 29th in Japan), some eagle eyed fans spotted some neat changes in Resident Evil's social media.

Welp, time to have this music playing on loop for the next two weeks in anticipation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJwOPKj9fAQ

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Policenaut posted:

RE Twitter USA changed their logo to a Resident Evil 2 style logo.

Biohazard Twitter Japan has a mysterious blank space next to RE7 on their banner.

Can't wait for the Resident Evil 6 REmake

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I would also accept a Revelations 3 in which Billy and Josh Stone wake up to find themselves chained together in some zombie infested nightmare (probably another cruise ship)

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Vakal posted:

I would also accept a Revelations 3 in which Billy and Josh Stone wake up to find themselves chained together in some zombie infested nightmare (probably another cruise ship)

I'd bet it they'd go with a skyscraper next. Enough with the loving boats already.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
so Die Hard with zombies? Eh I suppose both genres have been played to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I know I've said this before but I'm telling you guys, RE8 should be set on Mars.

Give me Martian Zombies god dammit!