Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

tetromino for smash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So I'm playing Enter the Gungeon today. I beat the level 5 boss for the first time and get the Gun That Can Kill The Past(along with the bullet). I charge it up aaaaaand....game crash. gently caress this, putting Gungeon on hold until the patch.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

If mario cant use cappy to possess people in smash 5 im not buying it

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

doom marine in smash

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

RatHat posted:

So I'm playing Enter the Gungeon today. I beat the level 5 boss for the first time and get the Gun That Can Kill The Past(along with the bullet). I charge it up aaaaaand....game crash. gently caress this, putting Gungeon on hold until the patch.

Oh that loving sucks. Did you try opening the game back up and hitting "Continue"? I've had crashes occasionally but that'll start you back at the floor . Worst case it should start you back at floor 5 and you'll have to kill the Dragun again , but hopefully it'll start you at the Past section. Either way you should still have the Bullet unlocked now for all characters so you'll never have to do that again

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

goferchan posted:

Oh that loving sucks. Did you try opening the game back up and hitting "Continue"? I've had crashes occasionally but that'll start you back at the floor . Worst case it should start you back at floor 5 and you'll have to kill the Dragun again , but hopefully it'll start you at the Past section. Either way you should still have the Bullet unlocked now for all characters so you'll never have to do that again

Yeah it starts you at the start of floor 5. Assuming I don't take too much damage from the floor I think I can probably kill the boss again but the chances of another crash are high. This is far from the first crash so this was just the last straw.

Though all these crashes made me realize how the game saves and how easy it'd be to savescum if you get a bad floor layout/items.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 2, 2018

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I was thinking of getting Enter the Gungeon after I saw some good reviews but held off because it's not quite a genre I like. Glad I did because this sounds really tedious and frustrating. Maybe by the time it's on sale it'll be patched and stable.

Edit: And speaking of on sale Oxenfree is 75% off. Another one that's not my preferred genre but for $5 I couldn't pass it up.

Why yes my Steam catalog is 97% games I got on sale and haven't played, why do you ask?

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 2, 2018

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

RatHat posted:

The warning was in the name...

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I've only put a short amount of time into both but BotW and HZD are both extremely fun imo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The Lobster posted:

I was thinking of getting Enter the Gungeon after I saw some good reviews but held off because it's not quite a genre I like. Glad I did because this sounds really tedious and frustrating. Maybe by the time it's on sale it'll be patched and stable.

The EtG patch that apparently fixes these issues and others was submitted to Nintendo before Christmas and should hit the eshop whenever , at this point

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Internet Kraken posted:

The combat in BOTW is incredibly easy to cheese durian.

Fixed for accuracy.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
Weapon durianbility? The game has many options for combat. Cheesing is just a result of that.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
drat this clockwork shrine in Fort Hateno is bad rear end.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Games that own:

Doom
Skyrim
Stardew

drat I like my switch

Wait how do you stop playing stardew Valley. Last night I dreamt in tiles.

GoldfishStew fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 2, 2018

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Argue posted:

What did Squenix release in 2017 to earn that massive bump?

they've been killing it lately, i would really like to see more of their games on the nintendo switch

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

(Once you see these types of generic ads for mobile games you can assume the developer has a hit.)

Ffxv on mobile is incredible garbage. How the gently caress did this happen.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Seriously how do you stop playing stardew

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Stardew Valley still hasn't come out for the Switch in Japan and there's no indication it ever will, even though it's been on Steam here for a long time. I wonder why not? It has no competition for that kind of game on the platform right now.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

GoldfishStew posted:

You don't. Ever.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

GoldfishStew posted:

You let the battery on the Switch die, so you can get some sleep.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

GoldfishStew posted:

Die the second you go down a shaft in the skull cave and lose a prismatic shard :oh:

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Samurai Sanders posted:

Stardew Valley still hasn't come out for the Switch in Japan and there's no indication it ever will, even though it's been on Steam here for a long time. I wonder why not? It has no competition for that kind of game on the platform right now.

Can you not change your region and download it off a different eShop? That's how I got the Disgaea 5 demo in very early days.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

GoldfishStew posted:

when you realize it has a bunch of busted mechanics that make late game a weird chore.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

The Lobster posted:

Can you not change your region and download it off a different eShop? That's how I got the Disgaea 5 demo in very early days.
I suppose (though as you know there's a cost to buying things from another region so I'd rather not) but I was more wondering why not. I think it would sell a lot.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

I suppose (though as you know there's a cost to buying things from another region so I'd rather not) but I was more wondering why not. I think it would sell a lot.

I believe the eshop lets you use a US credit card to buy games in other countries, which is kind of surprising -- not sure if it works the other way around. Sometimes it comes out to be much cheaper than buying in your own region, I know people grabbed Enter The Gungeon for like $7 on the Mexican eshop

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

I want to live in pelican town

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

For real, I used to want to live in the forums (like we would *think* and it’d become posts) but now I want to live in the valley.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

GoldfishStew posted:

For real, I used to want to live in the forums (like we would *think* and it’d become posts)

I'm sorry.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

GoldfishStew posted:

For real, I used to want to live in the forums (like we would *think* and it’d become posts) but now I want to live in the valley.

Have you considered therapy?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

BattleMaster posted:

I sprung for a Pro Controller ASAP. The Joycons attached to the Switch in portable mode also feels a lot worse to me than the Wii U Gamepad did. I hope there are new Joycons put out that are designed just for making portable mode feel good.

I'm with you on that. The wii-u just didn't get the love it deserved and I loved the tablet. The design left a lot to be desired and it had limited range but it was very comfortable to hold. I love my pro controllers and wish they worked with the switch. I saw that there are dongles you can buy to get them to sync. Anyways, I went ahead and ordered a switch pro controller because I'll get one anyway

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Just had a total brain wave of how I can streamline my bedroom while having both the Switch and PS4 connected at the same time and have space for games, controllers, headsets, everything. For relatively cheap, too. Let's see if it makes sense in the morning when I haven't had a sleeping pill. Too bad there won't be space to hook up my 16 other systems and games but that game room in progress is two floors down anyway.

squirt the daisies
Apr 26, 2009

Immortal Wombat? That game is for pantywaists!

Zore posted:

You get booted back to your last preganon save with a star next to your save file. Also it shows completion percentages on your Shiekah Slate.

Do you get to keep your items, unlocks and everything else?

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
I played around a bit last night and finally made it off the Great Plateau and did all the things the Old Man told me to do.

It is super dumb/helpful how tanky you immediately get after buying the Hylian set in Kakariko and upgrading them at the giant fairy behind the shrine.

I was also really mad about dodging and stuff in combat until I stumbled across the shrine on the way to Kakariko. That shrine really should have been on the Great Plateau.

Also, sneaking up on and taming a horse was super fun. Very helpful for traversing long distances without having to climb up a thing and glider off.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

(Once you see these types of generic ads for mobile games you can assume the developer has a hit.)

These ads had the weird effect of me associating the series with lovely mobile games.

I've never had an ad turn me away from a series before. It's weird.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

GoldfishStew posted:

2 days in and someone makes a solid entry in the "saddest thing I'm gonna see all year" competition

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I want to live in super Mario Odyssey but not if peach is just going to friendzone me

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Frankston posted:

I want to live in super Mario Odyssey but not if peach is just going to friendzone me

Should've wore just boxers

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Frankston posted:

Try not getting up in her face about being your girlfriend literal seconds after her traumatic kidnapping experience

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Frankston posted:

I suppose there's always Pauline, she took her kidnapping experience and used it to build a big city centered around a 1930s gangster themed death cult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

raditts posted:

I suppose there's always Pauline, she took her kidnapping experience and used it to build a big city centered around a 1930s gangster themed death cult.

And she named it after the man who kidnapped her and all the streets after his relatives.

• Locked thread