Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Office Thug posted:

Yup I did, it's 209464963, gonna edit the other post

Sent you a request but it looks like you're full.

edit: I'd love to do a damage test vid vs. Aigaion with my OK and yours if you happen to have Machine Killer.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jan 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Regarding the holiday event... what are these Stars we got alongside the candy canes used for??

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

while trying to pull for a christine i got my second reberta. i never leveled the first one, i guess i could level them and chain them together???

Serious request: If you find use for 2x Reberta, please post details here. She and Aileen are my 5* dupes who never see any play time ever (other than Delita, K.Delita... ugh)

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Cobalt60 posted:

Regarding the holiday event... what are these Stars we got alongside the candy canes used for??

They're for crafting the uh .. materia from the event. I'm too lazy to go look up the name.

It's 10% hp and 50% resists to several statuses. It's .. decent, maybe?

suuma fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 2, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cobalt60 posted:

suuma posted:

They're for crafting the uh .. materia from the event. I'm too lazy to go look up the name.

It's 10% hp and 50% resists to several statuses

Joyful Spirit, if you have two they go great on Kryla, who only has 100% resistance to disease and poison. Joyful Spirit gives 10% HP and 50% resistance to sleep, paralysis, confusion and stone. That leaves blind, and who cares about that on a caster, and silence, which doesn't affect Kryla since she only has abilities, not magic.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
As someone pointed out it's great on Wilhelm as well as it basically trades being hit with blind for 10% hp compared to Discernment/Goddess Protection.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
If they weren't so ludicrously loving expensive, I'd make 10 joyful spirits and load them up on my arena team.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Sent you a request but it looks like you're full.

edit: I'd love to do a damage test vid vs. Aigaion with my OK and yours if you happen to have Machine Killer.

Odd, I had at least one spot left. I made some room regardless and I'll throw Machine Killer onto OK for you to try against the dumb robot!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cobalt60 posted:

Serious request: If you find use for 2x Reberta, please post details here. She and Aileen are my 5* dupes who never see any play time ever (other than Delita, K.Delita... ugh)

maybe they'll make global reberta 7* good v:shobon:v

edit: i have literally never pulled a banner 5*. ever. i did get WKN with my 5* ex ticket which is insanely lucky and i can hardly believe but am i very rng unlucky in this regard or is that just the odds

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 2, 2018

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Office Thug posted:

Odd, I had at least one spot left. I made some room regardless and I'll throw Machine Killer onto OK for you to try against the dumb robot!

I'm a dumbass and it was me that was full. Sent again. Thanks for the Machine Killer! I'll give it a run tonight (in ~4 hours) and post the results.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Why do I keep having to redownloading data before playing the game on multiple occasions?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

is your device low on available space? before i upgraded to the iphone 8 i was constantly low and the phone decided it was going to delete the game data of ffbe every now and again to save space, usually when it wanted to download an os update.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

As someone pointed out it's great on Wilhelm as well as it basically trades being hit with blind for 10% hp compared to Discernment/Goddess Protection.

Also good on Ramza who comes with 50% resistance to ailments natively.

You know, when Ramza enhancements show up and you start using Ramza.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

is your device low on available space? before i upgraded to the iphone 8 i was constantly low and the phone decided it was going to delete the game data of ffbe every now and again to save space, usually when it wanted to download an os update.

+4 gigs available

FE Heros has been doing it too. Thankfully I am not far enough in that game to give a poo poo, nor are my units useful.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

hagie posted:

+4 gigs available

FE Heros has been doing it too. Thankfully I am not far enough in that game to give a poo poo, nor are my units useful.

It doesn't happen often for me, but I've found that when the game acts stupid like that, an uninstall and reinstall fixes it.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Cobalt60 posted:

If you were farming a tough story event and had no infinite mp restore units (ex. Ace, Roselia, Tilith+Zarg), tag-team Rebertas can alternate AOE attack and recovery jump so you can reach the mid/end-bosses with full mp/hp, then take on the bosses chaining Mystic Thrusts or their LBs.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Isn't the next raid a dragon?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

hagie posted:

Isn't the next raid a dragon?

Yes

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Sounds like a good excuse for Reberta x2

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i would try it out but i am still out of cactaurs and havent even finished getting WKN to 100, theres no way we'll get the resources for me to get both rebertas to 6/100 by uhhh tomorrow? thursday?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

NRG refresh x20!

GO!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Best thing about Reberta is that the jump tech is done so by the time 7*s come out she'll probably be best buds with Duke in loving over dragons. Any 10 man dragons better watch out

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I've said it before but I wish King's Knight was less grindy.

I hope I get a Barusa, he looks like a pretty good tank. I'm not whaling for loving RayJack.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Edit - The first run sucked. Uploaded a new one below.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jan 3, 2018

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I have crunched numbers on Grim Lord Sakura. ASSUMING that Kaliva's TM is 50% MAG from equipment when doublehand (a safe bet), then her BIS is now an INSANE 1382 MAG, with the Kaliva TM contributing 163 MAG of that total.

Right hand: Mateus's Malice HP+10%, ATK+19, MAG+129
Head: Minstrel's Prayer MP+20%, DEF+8, MAG+42, SPR+46
Body: Dark Robe DEF+35, MAG+55, SPR+20
Accessory 1: Snowbear MAG+50, SPR+30
Accessory 2: Snowbear MAG+50, SPR+30
Materia 1: Rod Mastery MAG+50%
Materia 2: Dark Bond MAG+50%
Materia 3: Adventurer V ATK+40%, DEF+40%, MAG+40%, SPR+40%
Esper: Bahamut HP+64, MP+63, ATK+60, DEF+60, MAG+60, SPR+60
Total: HP:4123, MP:435, ATK:261, DEF:299, MAG:1219, SPR:609

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
2nd run of TDH FD OK chaining (with guest FD FV without TDH gear or killers) vs. Aigaion ELT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_xIyxRPFaw

Went a lot better the 2nd go around. Geared Wilhelm for more DEF and he didn't die plus I got ridiculously awesome RNG on FV's counters.

Thanks again Office Thug!

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jan 3, 2018

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Someone pointed out that the King's Knight 4* dragon TM has the potential to shore up a ton of support units. It's 30% DEF + a 3 turn damage mitigation ability. Knwoing Gumi though it'll be 10% or something.

I made 5 of those Joyful Spirit materias, 1 for Wilhelm and the rest for other units. Not sure if I should make more, they took a lot of resources.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Don’t forget to spend your soldiers from the cloud event if you haven’t already.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

HGH posted:

Someone pointed out that the King's Knight 4* dragon TM has the potential to shore up a ton of support units. It's 30% DEF + a 3 turn damage mitigation ability. Knwoing Gumi though it'll be 10% or something.

I made 5 of those Joyful Spirit materias, 1 for Wilhelm and the rest for other units. Not sure if I should make more, they took a lot of resources.

Yeah, Barusa is definitely one to shoot for. He's a 4*, so it's not an impossible task.

I made two Joyful Spirits for Kryla, there's just not enough time to get enough candy canes to make more, I got the Growth Egg and Snow Gown and the story stuff, and ran the Enchanted Maze to get her and Ayaka up to snuff.

Kryla is good. She's a stronger 9S with more offensive options. Let me tell you why.

She has Analyze + Mirage in one move, 20% MAG and PHYS Evade, and 30% Camoflage.

She has four 50% single target single stat breaks. You can break the stats you want to/can break, and it generates LB crystals for her too.

She has three double elemental SPR-scaling 300% 1-hit finisher skills (fire/ice, lighting/water, earth/wind) which also imperil the elemental damage those skills cause.

Both the breaks and the imperiling finishers are "Jinx" skills, and she can dualcast jinx skills in any combination with her Witchcraft skill. Very versatile!

She uses SPR as her damage scaling stat, so building her for defense raises her offense nicely.

She has a skill called Nullifying Chant, which removes all status effects from everyone. This is great for bosses's thresholds, and preemptive strike buffs. Situationally very useful.

She gets Unblockable Super Poison in the form of her two Hex skills, Hex Eye and Wicked Eye. Wicked Eye is a more powerful version of Hex Eye, and is unlocked by her otherwise mediocre limit break (it's like Ling's Dance Of Death.) It works like this: for every status effect an enemy has, they will take 10,000 FIXED damage, per turn, for three turns, freeing Kryla up for other tasks.

For instance, if someone else casts Imperil, Hex Eye will deal 80k fixed damage each turn for the next three turns. Wicked Eye will do 160k fixed damage a turn for three turns. This isn't her MAIN way of doing damage, her finisher skills are more consistent, and she's primarily a debuffer anyway, but it can come in handy against bosses with high DEF/SPR, and as she's a great part of a turtle strategy along with a good mana battery, tank, buffer and healer.

If you have two Joyful Spirits it covers her status weaknesses quite nicely. And you really want to give her a Vestment Of Mind or Parade Gorget or other sources of MP Refresh, because she can eat another character like A2 for an elixir-like effect, but you may bit have a good source of ReRaise like Rem or Ayaka.

Her TM is a better Memories Of Life (25% to all elements) with 15% SPR and one LB Crystal a turn.

Once I get her fully leveled I will put her up for people to experiment with, feedback is appreciated. I don't have many SPR TMs, I'm still working on those Letters And Arms for Trance Terra.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

dangerous.hotdog posted:

2nd run of TDH FD OK chaining (with guest FD FV without TDH gear or killers) vs. Aigaion ELT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_xIyxRPFaw

Went a lot better the 2nd go around. Geared Wilhelm for more DEF and he didn't die plus I got ridiculously awesome RNG on FV's counters.

Thanks again Office Thug!

Glad it worked out :) I've yet to beat him myself, or any of the other higher trials, mostly from lacking a good tank. I'll enhanced WoL once I have the gil for it and give the big bad robot a shot!

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I beat the robot tankless. Heck of a fight, and it was right after I pulled A2. Glad I wised up to how rad tanks are in the meantime though.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Agreed posted:

I beat the robot tankless. Heck of a fight, and it was right after I pulled A2. Glad I wised up to how rad tanks are in the meantime though.

I could pull a double-Rikku cheese group. I'd just need to grind out a Pouch first

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
I'm making headway on Rumble of Malboro thanks to pulling Christine and the SA buff TT club, and it feels like it's actually doable.

I'm consistently getting past the 50% threshold, but after that I've been making stupid mistakes or getting really bad status luck.

Last run I forgot to dispel crazy mad and was confused as to why Wilhelm kept dying :shepface:

Once the planet's align (and I inevitably screw up the end at least once) I'll clear it, but I have no idea how I'll get the LB kill, since the only damage dealing LBs on my team belong to my damage dealers.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Regardless of the amount of resets, I fundamentally cannot do the ice bird. Doesn’t matter my set up or weaponry.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Rainbows I pulled on the Cloud banner:

Cloud
Orlandeau #2
Noctis #2
Elfreeda
Loren
Cloud #2
Greg
Emperor
Emperor #2
Luneth
Luneth #2
Nyx

There's a 2nd Ayaka and a Tidus in there somewhere that might've been on Cloud banner but I think were just before...

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Rainbows I pulled on the Cloud banner:

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Going to unlink my cc from google play thanks to this game. I ended up deciding to use a gift card I got to get the $47 ny bundle, and it was enough to finish a full lap of the EX points. Figure I probably sunk somewhere around $600 in total into this stupid phone game, and if I stop and use my resources wisely I'll be set for the lifespan of the game. I got about 55K lapis and 60 tickets, and only really interested in the Valkyrie profile and CG Sakura banners for the foreseeable future.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

hagie posted:

Regardless of the amount of resets, I fundamentally cannot do the ice bird. Doesn’t matter my set up or weaponry.

:same:

I guess since I pulled Marie I'll try it again after I get her TMR to see if I can get anybody to actually survive.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

hagie posted:

I was resetting until an AoE Full Raise unit survived (either Tilith or Rikku) and of course both DPS (pair of Orlandeaus). Mystea and Garnet were both expendable in the preemptive. At that point it's just ensuring your ATK is high enough and/or enough killers so that Ice Bird gets one-shot.

It does require some funky gearing setup of all available ice and wind resistance (incidentally, that Snowstorm shield from last winter's (?) even is tailor made having both 30% ice/wind) to the pertinent characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i can set my 100% ice resist Ayaka to my friend unit. i have no idea how much trouble she has surviving the initial turn since Mystea took care of that for me, which means that Mystea can take care of that for you too. altho having a nearly 7k health Ayaka with 100% ice resist means she can probably survive? i have no idea.

anyway i can set that as my friend unit if it would help anyone. also let me know if we arent in game friends i guess.

• Locked thread