Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
al-azad
May 28, 2009

chumbler posted:

I'm too old and employed for milennial games and too young and single for dad games. Where is the genre that speaks to my unique generational anxieties?

Stardew Valley. Maybe I will find love one day but until then my crops need watering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
it's really hard for me to get into games like Stardew Valley anymore because they too acutely remind me that what i'm doing is literally pointless

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I mostly just thought the townspeople in stardew were really boring

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Actually the new game by the Neko Atsume people Tabikaeru is about a frog who goes on froggy adventures and that's what I want in life. Leave home for a few months, come back to settle in for a bit, do it all over again.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

The hosed up part is i dont even like gone home

when i played it my cpu still didn't have a good fan installed so every twenty seconds as i walked around this video game house it would suddenly dip to 8fps for like a minute

anyway rune factory will be better than stardew valley once rune factory 5 just lets you gay marry already

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Colonel posted:

when i played it my cpu still didn't have a good fan installed so every twenty seconds as i walked around this video game house it would suddenly dip to 8fps for like a minute

That's just an early Unity game.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the only good stardew valley npc is the goth girl who hangs out in the cemetary and eats rocks and has a chrono trigger poster in a room

i relate to her

The Colonel posted:

it's a story about a lonely, depressed 18 year old with levitation powers and a teenage girl with super strength meeting a group of weirdos and fighting supreme evil while secretly conspiring together to punch the world and how their conspiring together to punch the world and the guy's frequent loving up at attempting to be a good evil henchman ultimately leads to them growing as people with each other's support
wow! this sentence made my head spin! sounds cool

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Endorph posted:

I mostly just thought the townspeople in stardew were really boring

Same, that's the reason rune factory works and harvest moon is unplayable

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

chumbler posted:

I'm too old and employed for milennial games and too young and single for dad games. Where is the genre that speaks to my unique generational anxieties?

i'm enjoying dead cells at the moment

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

i'm enjoying dead cells at the moment

I suppose that's relatable when you feel like you're not getting ahead in life.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

it's really hard for me to get into games like Stardew Valley anymore because they too acutely remind me that what i'm doing is literally pointless

Yeah i actually enjoy doing real chores and taking care of real plants and animals. I put on a podcast and putt around the house and then make a snack.

I look at gameplay in sdv and just think its cool but dragons dogma is way cooler lemme play dat!

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Did You Know? Fragmaster is sort of in Half-Life 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gB5Yga4WUE

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

i'm 30 so i'm mostly past early 20s millennial life crises, so mae just reminds me of how immature i used to be and i hate her

i hope they redeem her a little because atm i'm just watching her burn bridge after bridge and it's loving awful

the scope is also a little specific. like how it's hard for some people to relate to catcher in the rye because they come from different cultural or economic backgrounds, if you can't understand being in your 20s in a sleepy small american town (in fact, that's the Big City Dream to me), a lot of it will go over your head or hit the wall or whatever. my 20s existential crisis was "most of the people i love are dying of bad luck before they hit 30" so the malaise of living in a town big enough to have an applebees doesn't exactly speak to me.

it's very much a ymmv title! please don't hate me for not understanding feline holden caulfield

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I have people in my life who are so literally Mae, Angus and Gregg that I wonder if the writer is someone who's met them

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

the scope is also a little specific. like how it's hard for some people to relate to catcher in the rye because they come from different cultural or economic backgrounds, if you can't understand being in your 20s in a sleepy small american town (in fact, that's the Big City Dream to me), a lot of it will go over your head or hit the wall or whatever. my 20s existential crisis was "most of the people i love are dying of bad luck before they hit 30" so the malaise of living in a town big enough to have an applebees doesn't exactly speak to me.

it's very much a ymmv title! please don't hate me for not understanding feline holden caulfield

It's okay as long as you like the title screen music

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The follow-up to Gone Home is about precarious employment in the gig economy, the danger of engaging with brands, and the specter of automation squeezing out the middle class if that's more your jam

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Look at it as educational if you can’t relate. All of these cats and ducks voted trump. Except bea :swoon:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Why the gently caress does youtube go out of its way to load a bunch of relevant videos that aren't actually the most relevant ones sometimes? Its aggravating as hell. Don't tell me that a loving Meglovania remix is relevant to the Bloodborne OST.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Internet Kraken posted:

Why the gently caress does youtube go out of its way to load a bunch of relevant videos that aren't actually the most relevant ones sometimes? Its aggravating as hell. Don't tell me that a loving Meglovania remix is relevant to the Bloodborne OST.

If I had to guess, it got there by knowing you like Megalovania and knowing you were listening to music and thinking you might want to listen to more music

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The follow-up to Gone Home is about precarious employment in the gig economy, the danger of engaging with brands, and the specter of automation squeezing out the middle class if that's more your jam
Nice try trickster, everyone knows Minerva's Den came out before Gone Home did.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

At least you aren't getting Canadian Fire Ants Man, Glowing Hot Ball Melting poo poo, or CensoredGaming: three channels that will never go away.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I see you watched the trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3 here's a video where a dude is mad Kari's panties were painted flesh tone in the remaster.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I watched a bunch of BBC documentary clips about ants last night and now my recommended videos is a bunch of documentaries about bugs which rules

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

cheetah7071 posted:

If I had to guess, it got there by knowing you like Megalovania and knowing you were listening to music and thinking you might want to listen to more music

I don't even like Megalovania. I mean its okay but I prefer other songs a lot more. What I wanna listen to right now is the rest of the Bloodborne OST so it should just show that and not;

Half the time it actually does list the most directly relevant videos and then randomly it decides to start listing stuff fetched by algorithims based on a video you watched 5 months ago.

cheetah7071 posted:

I watched a bunch of BBC documentary clips about ants last night and now my recommended videos is a bunch of documentaries about bugs which rules

Careful, if you go too far down that clickhole you'll probably reach those videos that are 10 minutes of a guy feeding cockroaches to his imported giant toad.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

ah yeah antz is pretty dope

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
ants are at least the coolest arthropods if not the coolest invertebrates

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

ants keep invading my bathroom

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
There should be a simant 2 imo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

al-azad posted:

I see you watched the trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3 here's a video where a dude is mad Kari's panties were painted flesh tone in the remaster.

This is...specific

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this is why i installed a google chrome addon to block specific channels

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

cheetah7071 posted:

ants are at least the coolest arthropods if not the coolest invertebrates

They are up there with arthropods but nowhere near the coolest invertebrate. Cephalopods hold that category with an iron grip.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

cheetah7071 posted:

There should be a simant 2 imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPFrvBdo5T0

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

precision posted:

Same but instead of Stardew Valley it's waking up in the morning.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Same but instead of Stardew Valley it's waking up in the morning.

:smith: :hf: :smith:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

al-azad posted:

At least you aren't getting Canadian Fire Ants Man, Glowing Hot Ball Melting poo poo, or CensoredGaming: three channels that will never go away.

Glowing hot ball melting poo poo rules, though.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/BotEquippedWith/status/948380924240191488

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've no problem waking up but getting out of bed is usually literally the hardest thing I do all day

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

I've no problem waking up but getting out of bed is usually literally the hardest thing I do all day

Get a baby

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

steal a baby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

precision posted:

Getting out of bed is easy. Its not feeling like a tired piece of poo poo for the first two hours of being awake that I struggle with.

Also I'd like to wake up at time before 1 pm :smith:

a.lo posted:

steal a baby?

• Locked thread