Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
No, all that stuff will happen with Subsumption 2.0. Subsumption 1.0 is just them getting up to speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aokaaWeRjc

This old video does a fairly good job at showcasing just how long CIG has been spinning these plates.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

no_recall posted:

In other news.

2017-12-22 $68,832
2017-12-23 $188,723
2017-12-24 $190,559
2017-12-25 $152,451
2017-12-26 $147,661
2017-12-27 $149,847
2017-12-28 $141,118
2017-12-29 $143,248
2017-12-30 $128,102
2017-12-31 $135,254
2018-01-01 $105,806
2018-01-02 $108,695
2018-01-03 $100,408

Total : $1.76M with 12 more days to go.

If TheAgent is correct, this looks like an amortized 2M dump starting from the 22/23rd of Dec.

:rip:
Phi230
EminusSleepus
Lack of Gravitas
Sarsapariller
Drunk Theory
Mr Fronts
Quinntan
Thirsty Dog
VealCutlet
Golli
oh no that was dereks strange call on the $2m thing

at this point, I call nothing. nothing!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Dusty Lens posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aokaaWeRjc

This old video does a fairly good job at showcasing just how long CIG has been spinning these plates.
I love how CIG has seriously fuckin burned every single motherfucking company they worked with from 2013 to 2016

every single fuckin one

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
also in new years news I've decided to cut back drinking (specifically day drinking)

farewell, many drunken SC discussion lunches

I will miss you

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

no_recall posted:

Did CIG respond to the court complaint? ELE?
No, as the plaintiffs filed an amended complaint, to cover loose ends on the GLA, so per our LawGoons CIG has another two weeks or so to respond. Dr. Smart (and perhaps others) surmised there must be serious negotiations going on to prompt the plaintiffs to file such a minor change.

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

TheAgent posted:

also in new years news I've decided to cut back drinking (specifically day drinking)

I will miss you
That's a good idea. Binge drinking can do a lot of damage throughout the body as we get older.

Of course, if we lived in the Stimpire that issue would be irrelevant.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

TheAgent posted:

I love how CIG has seriously fuckin burned every single motherfucking company they worked with from 2013 to 2016

every single fuckin one

I don't even remember what that company was supposed to be doing?

I clicked on one part with what looked like the biggest nerd in the world saying 'as an astrophyisicist'

and another part had chris waving his hands around so fast he had to force himself to clasp them together

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

TheAgent posted:

I will miss you

good luck. You will end up with less fat and more money so it's a good decision

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

- grill shrimp on skewer

- rub this on it

- go sit on the toilet, with your iPhone or iPad and pray while reading SA

Slap Ya Mama is great. Since you like this, I’d also suggest Cavenders. It’s great to apply to lots of foods that need a little help. :)

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

every single fuckin one

Reminds me of a guy that rhymes with ‘hump’.

nnnotime posted:

No, as the plaintiffs filed an amended complaint, to cover loose ends on the GLA, so per our LawGoons CIG has another two weeks or so to respond. Dr. Smart (and perhaps others) surmised there must be serious negotiations going on to prompt the plaintiffs to file such a minor change.

Nah, substantive removal was the claim that Ortwin should have recused himself from negotiations, which i think is down to needing to demonstrate bad faith in negotiations. It was weird and awkward.

The other was to add ‘intentional’ to the copyright claims, which just underscores that it wasn’t ignorance or mistake. If there are negotiations, they would prejudice the trial, so i’m extremely doubtful. What we’re waiting on is the response, which will establish counsel and the response to each complaint.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

It's me, I am hammering [would you like to know more?]

Yes, I would. :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

hot balls man no homo posted:

Judge: do you know who Derek Smart is?

*potential juror begins foaming at the mouth *

Judge: the juror is dismissed

One of those guys is going to jump to their feet and howl, “That drat Irish cop? I hate him!!! Haaaaateeee!!!” in a twist of irony.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

BobHoward posted:

Subsumption AI research was about building swarms of individually-stupid micro-robots that would collaborate to accomplish some slightly complex task by mimicing a computer scientist’s understanding of how individual ants work together in an ant colony. Each ant-bot was programmed with a set of several primitive, simple behaviors.

Chris’s longstanding dream is ALIVE!

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hav posted:

Nah, substantive removal was the claim that Ortwin should have recused himself from negotiations, which i think is down to needing to demonstrate bad faith in negotiations. It was weird and awkward.

The other was to add ‘intentional’ to the copyright claims, which just underscores that it wasn’t ignorance or mistake. If there are negotiations, they would prejudice the trial, so i’m extremely doubtful. What we’re waiting on is the response, which will establish counsel and the response to each complaint.
Thank you for the correction and the education. I look forward to the legal-goon postings in this thread and hope the topic attracts more of you.

What was that line from the book Dune:, "Law is the ultimate science".

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

TheAgent posted:

oh no that was dereks strange call on the $2m thing

at this point, I call nothing. nothing!

Call your parents and tell them you love them.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

nnnotime posted:

So, Skadden amended the complaint rightfully extending the duration (this is part of law war strategy?) in order for more talks to be had behind closed doors? Why though?

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

no_recall posted:

So, Skadden amended the complaint rightfully extending the duration (this is part of law war strategy?) in order for more talks to be had behind closed doors? Why though?
I don't know why the complaint was amended. But per Hav they won't have behind-the-door talks until the case is formally in motion. From Hav's prior posting:

Hav posted:

No.

The suit has to be acknowledged and counsel submitted for the defense. Then they start horse trading. If you believe a murderbear in a wimple, there will be at least some procedural, but I get the impression that Crytek is going after the marbles, reputation and somehow it's started to feel _personal_.
EDIT: Here's the diff-checker between the original and amended complaint. Apparently there were more differences than I realized (first time I'm seeing the diff-checker)

nnnotime fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jan 4, 2018

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.
Here is a but a preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reiCDHUkheo

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

intardnation posted:

I got a chartreux - 8 years old pure bred from my local shelter 8+ pounds grey beauty. I was someone who was a foster parent and helped while I looked for my cat.
Older ones are great too. He gave me 8 great years. I have one now a long hair and a black cat I almost put down over new years but he is eating again and going thankfully.
All shelter - the black one is heavily abused and was picked up by my brother. He coudnt control him and neither could my mother so he ended up with me. Turns out besides being
burnt as a kitten he is diabetic. Once in check and not scared he is almost a cat again.

You are a good goon.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

no_recall posted:

I'll prolly have 2 winners, surprises galore.

At least its better than Star Citizen (The Game).

You and I entered into a protracted agreement in regards to this contest. You are apparently changing the terms of said contest based on your whims and I demand damages.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

nnnotime posted:

I don't know why the complaint was amended. But per Hav they won't have behind-the-door talks until the case is formally in motion. From Hav's prior posting:

Until the case is over, there is nothing that stops the two parties from private communication or negotiations. It's just a time/money suck to do so until it's time for forced mediation before trial.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I loved playing CripesSweeper on my windows 95 pc

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

You and I entered into a protracted agreement in regards to this contest. You are apparently changing the terms of said contest based on your whims and I demand damages.

No can do boss. Ironclad TOS is in full effect.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

DapperDon posted:

Until the case is over, there is nothing that stops the two parties from private communication or negotiations. It's just a time/money suck to do so until it's time for forced mediation before trial.

No Quid Pro Quo. Case Dismissed.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Mr.Tophat posted:

CALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIBAN! - I scream as I demand another load of blogs to keep me warm

Un-free Tophat!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ZenMaster posted:

Who knows cat breeds? If I were to get one for a niece about 13 year old (with permission), what breed should I get? Need it to be playful and smart, but no tearing up stuff and biting and being a general turd in life.

Take her to the shelter personally. Every cat I've gotten, I didn't pick the cat. They picked me. Set her loose in the shelter's cat room and see what cat decides she's their human.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

DapperDon posted:

No can do boss. Ironclad TOS is in full effect.

As if this thread could handle yet another legal imbroglio. no_recall should offer a copy of Doki Doki Literature Club to anyone who participated to forestall a class-action.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Private Browser in Firefox, I don't know if that gets rid of all the tracking or not:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

TheAgent posted:

every single fuckin one

buckle up bezos

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Ayn Marx posted:

No Quid Pro Quo. Case Dismissed.

^^^
Seconded. If no Quid Pro Quo, the case must go.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
That is one big catte.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Midnight Voyager posted:

Take her to the shelter personally. Every cat I've gotten, I didn't pick the cat. They picked me. Set her loose in the shelter's cat room and see what cat decides she's their human.

This is top pro catte advice. (plus 13 year old girl advice)

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I have a 5yo shelter kitty, he is awesome although he did disconnect my internet 10min ago and I had to reset the router.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

The Titanic posted:

Yes, I would. :)

A+ shitposting brought to you buy fuckitall

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

oh god no :cripes:

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

boviscopophobic posted:

Private Browser in Firefox, I don't know if that gets rid of all the tracking or not:

I got exactly the same. To my knowledge, I've never tried to search for that phrase before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

this cat is an anime