Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

When I downloaded it for free griefing weekend I made sure to bunny hop everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Also the game should ban people if it detects any process running other than Star Citizen in your task manager

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

mods change my name posted:

Also the game should ban people if it detects any process running other than Star Citizen in your task manager

Star Citizen is going to have to shut down every non essential program in order to start.

It's gonna end up being its own OS.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Moridin920 posted:

I'm on a space liner. I can only afford Eta class. I order a Croberts on the rocks. I get a Sex on the Moon, quality 40%

I complain to the space steward, who screeches at me and runs off. I hear more noises from the back of the space liner.

Finally after a 20 argument with xXWeedInSpaceXx I have recieved my correct +2 perception drink. Quality 80 but that's fine. Eta class after all.

There are 14 more hours of "actual time" remaining on this flight. I want to die.

Later, the pilot steers into an asteroid and the ship is stranded. Our distress signal is answered by people who just keep yelling fofofofofofo at us.

:lol:

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Will there be a spaceship that I can use to start a transgressive leftist political podcast with my friends?

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How will I get my tank around to different planets if I only bought the XF/A/B-420CROB Light Strategic Fighter/Ice Cream Delivery Vehicle? Can I just drag the tank through space behind me on a tow-rope? I'm willing to pay extra to upgrade to the Unobtanium Fiber Rope if that makes a difference. I hope there's a fully-realized knot tying minigame.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

Will there be a spaceship that I can use to start a transgressive leftist political podcast with my friends?

..yes,

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Will there be ...sexy spaceships? With like.. boobs and stuff

asking for a friend

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At the secret "Dangerously Elite" backer level ALL the ships have boobs and "stuff". Time to pledge more, citizen.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Fartbox posted:

Will there be ...sexy spaceships? With like.. boobs and stuff

asking for a friend

if that one unbelievably fat and gross man has anything to do with it, and he will... YES

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Moridin920 posted:

I'm on a space liner. I can only afford Eta class. I order a Croberts on the rocks. I get a Sex on the Moon, quality 40%

I complain to the space steward, who screeches at me and runs off. I hear more noises from the back of the space liner.

Finally after a 20 argument with xXWeedInSpaceXx I have recieved my correct +2 perception drink. Quality 80 but that's fine. Eta class after all.

There are 14 more hours of "actual time" remaining on this flight. I want to die.

Later, the pilot steers into an asteroid and the ship is stranded. Our distress signal is answered by people who just keep yelling fofofofofofo at us.

:hmbol: Holy loving poo poo

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

new phone who dis posted:

I'm the guy who has the whole universe open to him and still wants to drive a van. Better paint a wizard on it.

haha. I'd actually play a mmog (for a couple weeks) that let me fly around a space van, much like the Winebego in Spaceballs.

Tricked out with some cool wings and rocket engines. Wizard on one side would be required. Barbarian with hot barbarianess on the other. In fact the cover/poster for the original Conan would do it. Some cool rims would be needed; gold would be tempting, but I'd stick with a good chrome. Space vans wings gotta fold up when it lands to drive around on a groovy enough planet too.

Definitely would be blasting Rush's 2112 on all space-comm channels in the vicinity. Edit: holy poo poo, this would be my weapon systems. No lasers or missles on space van, that's just not chill, just blast 2112 through the enemies comm system.

Bong smoke, rolling out the barely cracked space windows. And one of those clear half domes on top, that's just big enough for your head to look around.

Am I missing anything here goons? I want to get my space van right on the first shot!

Also, any other space van buddies that want to caravan between concerts are welcome. Lets build a space van posse!

Internetjack fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 3, 2018

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Fuzzy dice.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

old beast lunatic posted:

At this point I think the only reason I have elite dangerous installed is so I can get mega stoned and look around my spaceship and gawk at solar flares and poo poo. It's pretty great but I don't think I ever wanted a soda machine or rape tub.

I wanted to like it but it gave me motion sickness. I never get motion sickness from games. I played like 80 hours of No Mans Sky just fine. Something about Elite's system. I ended up playing Rebel Galaxy instead.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

drat, cant believe I forgot Fuzzy dice. That's right up there on requirements like carpeted faux polar bear ceiling.

Thanks for the correction TBT!

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

JB50 posted:

Somebody post the pic of the drink maker on the ship that they thought would be some sort of mini game someone would play.

Found it:

Apparently this has stolen graphics assets in it as well LOL.

iirc the other minigame was hotswapping hard drive caddies in a 40u rackmount media server so that passengers got the in-flight movie of their choice no i am not making this up (i think)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Imagine it is the year 2200 and you are using spinning metal discs to store data like some kind of savage.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Moridin920 posted:

Imagine it is the year 2200 and you are using spinning metal discs to store data like some kind of savage.

No one expected records to come back into style in the 2010s either.

drat space hipsters.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Hustlin Floh posted:

How will I get my tank around to different planets if I only bought the XF/A/B-420CROB Light Strategic Fighter/Ice Cream Delivery Vehicle? Can I just drag the tank through space behind me on a tow-rope? I'm willing to pay extra to upgrade to the Unobtanium Fiber Rope if that makes a difference. I hope there's a fully-realized knot tying minigame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EC1VCf5eEY

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
have they mentioned anything about vr support? If you're doing this massive online experience thing with tiny details then the hot tub is useless without vr grabbing titties in my sex pool.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
YES

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
You know what? gently caress it. I'm gonna get super into Star Citizen. It's probably like bungee jumping. Seems loving insane when you see it, but everyone who's done it swears it's an amazing rush.

I've got some money saved up and i'm gonna buy the sweetest picture of a spacecraft i can afford. See you in the 'verse. Geronimo!

edit: Turns out my bank is staffed by assholes who say i can't empty our joint account without my wife's say-so. gently caress bankers.

Icochet fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jan 4, 2018

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Icochet posted:

You know what? gently caress it. I'm gonna get super into Star Citizen. It's probably like bungee jumping. Seems loving insane when you see it, but everyone who's done it swears it's an amazing rush.

I've got some money saved up and i'm gonna buy the sweetest picture of a spacecraft i can afford. See you in the 'verse. Geronimo!

edit: Turns out my bank is staffed by assholes who say i can't empty our joint account without my wife's say-so. gently caress bankers.

It turns out you’ve actually found the only good bankers in the known universe.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Get this: Fart Shitizen :smuggo:

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Bistromatic posted:

I asked croberts if i could infiltrate an air filter factory and tamper with a specific production line for the model i know my enemies use to have them asphyxiate in deep space a few months later. He said yes and offered me a 10% discount if i bought a covert ops bundle right there.

i want to work in the air filter factory, but in a middle management position can you ask him if he can make it work

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Yes I'm the guy who wants to play as a space airline hostess in Star Citizen.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
i may be willing to look away from someone tampering with the production lines....for a price....

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

I can't wait to log in and play as janitor on another players luxury space ship. If I play all night tonight and get the toilets real mighty shiny, I might even get that bonus that my boss SuperSaiyanWeed420 been hintin at

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Fartbox posted:

I can't wait to log in and play as janitor on another players luxury space ship. If I play all night tonight and get the toilets real mighty shiny, I might even get that bonus that my boss SuperSaiyanWeed420 been hintin at

well, they would just have to license visceral cleanup and integrate it, cant be to achieve...

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

Get this: Fart Shitizen :smuggo:

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Toilet sheen at 42%

Estimated time to completion: 3 hours and 52 minutes

Reward: 520 janitor XP

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Will there be a whipping minigame so I can whip my slaves, played by other players

Will there be a rape minigame? Don't get me wrong here, rape is bad and all but lets be honest with ourselves here, we can't have realistic slavery without some rape right? I figure rape is integral to star citizen at this point and I fully expect to be able to level up my raping in the game

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

big nipples big life posted:

some of them want to make running around in the space stations a crime because it will ruin their immersion.

I’m imagining one of those signs like they have at swimming pools.

NO:
Running
Diving in the shallow end
Peeing in the pool

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

baw posted:

i want to work in the air filter factory, but in a middle management position can you ask him if he can make it work

I want to make air filter unboxing videos in-game. Can i earn in-game currency by asking money through some sort of in-game crowd funding scheme?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Will there be a game system where the more nerd tears i gather, the more powerful I become?

Roberts, will there be a fully functional griefing system in the game so I can ruin all these losers hopes and dreams

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
What if we’re already in Star Citizen, we just haven’t got past the “progress to a space-faring level civilization” early-game section yet?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

That explains why the game I'm playing on the computer is so lovely! It's not the real game

EVERYTHING ELSE IS THE REAL GAME :stare:

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
the only way to progress to the real game is to kill yourself to show your faith and devotion to star citizen. don't worry, as you will not die but actually be transported to the roberts' secret moon base where you will gain access to all the ships you've pledged for. after that you'll be free to do what you want. welcome to the 'verse, citizen.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
At this point an actual religion based around Star Citizen would not surprise me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Entropic posted:

At this point an actual religion based around Star Citizen would not surprise me

They already have all the elements in place for a cult to form.