Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andante
Jul 3, 2008
To add to the other trip reports:

Context: new player with no dupes on anything.

Healer - Vanille BSB, SerahSSB
BSB - Alphinaud BSB, Vivi BSB
6-star - Tidus USB, Marche USB
Banner 3 (2 pulls) - Edge BSB, Bartz BSB

Disappointed by the two lame duck pulls on the banner, but the 6-star was kind to me, so I can't complain overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I want to punch Rubicante in the dick.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Andante posted:

To add to the other trip reports:

Context: new player with no dupes on anything.

Healer - Vanille BSB, SerahSSB
BSB - Alphinaud BSB, Vivi BSB
6-star - Tidus USB, Marche USB
Banner 3 (2 pulls) - Edge BSB, Bartz BSB

Disappointed by the two lame duck pulls on the banner, but the 6-star was kind to me, so I can't complain overall.

That’s a disappointing banner 3 but your lucky banners all went very well I’d say.

Marche and Tidus usb on their own are a very strong physical team already and Vanille BSB was one of the best healing options in the game (USB are starting to take over healing but it’s still good)

Alphinaud and Vivi bsb are a nice base for a mage team or specific elements when needed.

Do you have anything that casts full party haste ?

Andante
Jul 3, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

That’s a disappointing banner 3 but your lucky banners all went very well I’d say.

Marche and Tidus usb on their own are a very strong physical team already and Vanille BSB was one of the best healing options in the game (USB are starting to take over healing but it’s still good)

Alphinaud and Vivi bsb are a nice base for a mage team or specific elements when needed.

Do you have anything that casts full party haste ?

I do! I spent all of my mythril when I started out on the FFT banner per advice from the thread and pulled Ramza BSB2. I also got Zidane's USB somewhere, but I don't remember where.

Andante fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jan 4, 2018

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Am I assuming right that this might be a guaranteed way for someone to grab wall/shout etc?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Avalerion posted:

Am I assuming right that this might be a guaranteed way for someone to grab wall/shout etc?

Assuming they didn't gently caress with it, the selections should be SSBs, SG and SSII and a bunch of LMRs. So yes, you can nab Wall and Shout. It also allowed for two pulls with a selection after each in JP.

Do keep in mind for grabbing Wall, though, that you'll be straight up given Shield Grimoire once the Book of Trials stuff rolls out.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

:getin:

ceaselessfuture fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jan 4, 2018

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

All pro fuckin dives my goon sir

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I dived tyro cause I'm a complete loving dumbass but those 3 are next on my list when onion kid can be done away with.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

Bruceski posted:

Eesh, Belias 300 is the first Torment in a while (since I started being able to beat em at all) that I've been having trouble with. There's just so much HP to get through for everything that I run out of steam when Belias is only halfway down.

It took me a while too, but I appreciate that it's hard in a way other than "constant AOE spam" or "try to get your mitigation up before someone gets one-shot" like most of the hard bosses. You need to find a way to combine burst AOE damage up front while still keeping enough in the tank to chew through Belias' HP, and you can't just cheese it with Cloud USB (although I bet it helps for the second half).

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
I just cheesed through it with Cloud USB on the 3CM, with the help of the new chain I just got. Completely ignored the trash, though I forgot to get the target score. Marche is at 65 and WoL is at 88

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/215234566

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

New player here, tried the game out over the summer and thought it was neat but didn't play too much since I was playing other stuff, but I decided to try and get into the game again yesterday. I did some of the new player dungeons that gave the item that lets me unlock characters since I just want to use the guys I liked from the old games. I unlocked both Cecils, Golbez, Kefka, and Exdeath, and then I used whatever the free player currency is to do 2 11 rolls on the Ultra Soul Break banner since I saw there were Kefka items. I ended up getting two different 5* weapons (Black Quena and Nephilim Flute) as well as two different armors (Mischief Cap and 2 copies of Kefka's Gloves) so my question is which of these items should I equip to my Kefka?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
If you equip any of Kefkas equipment to Kefka and run a dungeon you'll see that at the end of a battle he'll get some exp towards the abilities of the equipment, sort of like how it worked in FF9 except character specific. Eventually you'll master the soul break on the item, which will let you cast it even if the item isn't equipped. After its mastered, equip the other pieces to him to learn those soul breaks too.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
So I have never attempted any torment dungeon cuz im a filthy casual and figured they were a bit beyond me but after collecting a few toys from this fest and the last decided to give it a go and after tearing through the 200 and 250 dungeons of the ff1 torment I tried the 300 with this team

and the boss just melted.

Was a bit worried going in without a wall but really wanted to try with my only decent ff1 character for the extra motes and it turns out that a wall was completely unnecessary as I hardly took any damage at all. Only BSBs on everyone; no USBs. Didn't use any abilities either outside of full break, magic breakdown, and banishing strike; just bsb commands.

Are all 300 jump starts this easy? Really want to start collecting 5* motes so I can dive some ppl

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

For the most part in Torments the 250 is the hard one and the 300 is a victory lap with all the tools available for Jump Start cheese.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
The FFT Torment Jump Start that re-opened last night was considered particularly difficult when it was initially released, but judging by the team you posted above you'd probably have a shot at that one too.

It's worth a shot to get an idea of where you stand.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

fridge corn posted:

So I have never attempted any torment dungeon cuz im a filthy casual and figured they were a bit beyond me but after collecting a few toys from this fest and the last decided to give it a go and after tearing through the 200 and 250 dungeons of the ff1 torment I tried the 300 with this team

and the boss just melted.

Was a bit worried going in without a wall but really wanted to try with my only decent ff1 character for the extra motes and it turns out that a wall was completely unnecessary as I hardly took any damage at all. Only BSBs on everyone; no USBs. Didn't use any abilities either outside of full break, magic breakdown, and banishing strike; just bsb commands.

Are all 300 jump starts this easy? Really want to start collecting 5* motes so I can dive some ppl

huh, my stuff isn't too much different than that, i should probably give the torments a look sometime *proceeds to completely forget to do so*

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

huh, my stuff isn't too much different than that, i should probably give the torments a look sometime *proceeds to completely forget to do so*

I've done each one, but I always procrastinate and do them at the last second because the waves of trash in the 200 and 250s are just tedious. It just wastes an extra 10 minutes time and leads to a boss that plays out like a Jump Start anyways.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yeah the barrier from keeping me from completing any of the higher tier content isn't so much capability (i assume) as it is the necessary amount of tedium/time investment to get through any of it. if i've got 15 minutes of time or more to spend playing a videogame i've got a million other things i'd rather be playing than the gachapon phone game i use for my daily commute

that daily commute is usually just barely enough to complete the weekly event up to the penultimate difficulty and so the torments and the nightmare dungeons and the elite dungeons and the daily dungeons all remain mostly untouched

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

although i will say having the week between christmas->new years off and spending it all bored out of my mind at my parent's place meant that i accomplished more high tier content in ffrk in that one week than i probably have in the rest of 2017 combined

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Beat the 200 FFT torment but struggling on the 250. Just too much damage and struggling to keep wall up and everyone healed. Using yshitola for wall and heals might be too much for her to do idk :/

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

yeah the barrier from keeping me from completing any of the higher tier content isn't so much capability (i assume) as it is the necessary amount of tedium/time investment to get through any of it. if i've got 15 minutes of time or more to spend playing a videogame i've got a million other things i'd rather be playing than the gachapon phone game i use for my daily commute

that daily commute is usually just barely enough to complete the weekly event up to the penultimate difficulty and so the torments and the nightmare dungeons and the elite dungeons and the daily dungeons all remain mostly untouched

Yeah that was mostly my reasoning as well but now there's an easy way to come by 4* motes and some decent pulls I've been spurred on to try the harder content and try to dive some folks.

It was only the other week that I finally did the omega drive and curada nightmare dungeons :)

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

For getting carried through raids as per the op - when I tried this folks just enter then leave my room. Is some base level required/expected after all, or are there some newbie raids I should look for instead?

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
The BRA*BRA event got a CM added. Use Edward in the final stage for 3 major summon orbs.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Avalerion posted:

For getting carried through raids as per the op - when I tried this folks just enter then leave my room. Is some base level required/expected after all, or are there some newbie raids I should look for instead?

Join goon discord

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Avalerion posted:

Join the SA FFRK Discord server, say hi, and ask! There are plenty of goons who would be more than happy to show off their fancy-rear end poo poo by carrying newbies.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

jebeebus posted:

I just cheesed through it with Cloud USB on the 3CM, with the help of the new chain I just got. Completely ignored the trash, though I forgot to get the target score. Marche is at 65 and WoL is at 88

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/215234566

I didn't realize you didn't need to take out the minions. Damage is gonna be rougher but I think I can manage that.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

The FFRK Reddit also has a discord server that is very good and you can get teams together in their multiplayer lobby. Use goon discord first though cause playing with goons is the best.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

jebeebus posted:

Yay, finally found a semi-consistent setup for Fenrir sub 30. I wanted to try building a no healer team to work around Snow's 2000HP stock from the chain. The breakthru was giving Ramza Affliction Break instead of Wrath, since he can use BSB2's CMD2 to build meter. Getting slowed too much was loving up my runs most of the time before this realization.

Ramza: BSB2 (instant) > Affliction Break > CMD2 > Entrust Squall > CMD2 > Entrust Noel as much as possible > Affliction Break again when needed
Snow: Lifesiphon x3-4 > CSB > Banishing Strike forever > Enkidu when needed
Noel: Shellga > Lifesiphon until chain is active > spam USB
Squall: Lifesiphon until chain is active (Frost Strike around 5.00s since Fenrir will have blink) > BSB2 > CMD1 x2 > CMD2
Tyro: RW Wall (instant) > Entrust Noel (instant) > Wrath > Entrust Noel as much as possible

RW: Fabula Guardian
Magicite: Enkidu

Thanks for this concept. I was always hovering around 30 seconds with either my Lulu USB mage team or Squall BSB2 physical team; RNG was always the deciding factor. Snow's chain isn't perfect, but it's still a chain, so I did something similar with mages:

Shelke: RW Wall > Wrath > Entrust Cid > Wrath/Entrust Lulu
Snow: Divine Cross > Banishing Strike (cause why not) > CSB
Cid: MM > BSB > Chain Blizz
Edward: USB > Affliction Break > Entrust Lulu
Lulu: 4* witch until USB ready, rotate USB and 5* witch

Finished at 25 seconds and was unlucky to have both Snow and Cid slowed.
I liked Snow eating all the attacks before the scripted magic attack, the 2k HP in the CSB covered all that damage. I also took the insta-heal magicite instead of imperil Ice, but it was probably overkill as far as healing goes.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
Nice! I'd say 25s is drat good for having two guys slowed. I actually have Lulu's USB, I may have to try out a mage team at some point.

I've still been tweaking my setup because this is the hardest sub 30 for me to get consistently. Basically anyone besides Snow getting slowed gives me no chance at sub 30, so I ended up replacing Enkidu with Unicorn as magicite summon, and giving Tyro Curada instead of Wrath to make up for lack of heals. Kinda funny that both of my entrusters ended up not using Wrath or Lifesiphon.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/215435001

(sorry for all the pausing, getting used to this new flow)

jebeebus fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 4, 2018

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Gah, almost had Golem under 30 seconds but he earth shaker'ed and paralyzed half my team at the last second.

I'm pretty sure I can take him down sub-30 if I get lucky with the paralyze procs and get a few more doublecasts, but it's probably not going to be consistent until I can dive Alphinaud. What's the ETA on his dive, anyway? Doesn't look like he's featured on the next XIV event.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I'm pretty sure I can take him down sub-30 if I get lucky with the paralyze procs and get a few more doublecasts, but it's probably not going to be consistent until I can dive Alphinaud. What's the ETA on his dive, anyway? Doesn't look like he's featured on the next XIV event.

He is, don't worry, it's just that the three(!) new characters take their share of the spotlight over him. That's when he gets his Legend Dive and also the next chance to grab his USB/BSB if you lack them.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
gently caress, this FF6 banner looks so good

:negative:

why do you do this, DENA? every ff6 event gets bookended between a fest and a super important banner.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

KataraniSword posted:

He is, don't worry, it's just that the three(!) new characters take their share of the spotlight over him. That's when he gets his Legend Dive and also the next chance to grab his USB/BSB if you lack them.

To be specific, he shares the first banner with Haurchefant and Estinien; Ysayle takes the second banner with Cid Garlond, Papalymo and Yda.

The old characters actually get nothing new outside of Garlond (who gets a USB), so if you've been drawing on XIV stuff there might be a few dupes floating about.

Stopgap
May 26, 2003

That's MISTER Freeze to you!
Mythril is tight, it has some dupes, and Onion Knight is right around the corner, but gently caress if I'm not going to pull on a VI banner.

1/11, Terra's USB. Always pull.

Hawkeye
Jun 2, 2003
I use Terra all the time, she was my favorite in the game, I have her USB and full legend dive already etc. I saved 200 damned mythril for a chance to get Terra's LMR so I can get her completed and instead got Lockes LMR x2 & USB x2, Celes LMR x2 [already had it], and like 3 Relm SSBs [all dupes].

Sigh... I have 84 that's earmarked for OK banners, so I don't think I can try anymore....

Never pull

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

I 100 gemmed something for the first time in a while! It was Sabin's armlet (dupe). I don't even know why I still 100 gem...

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Oryp posted:

I 100 gemmed something for the first time in a while! It was Sabin's armlet (dupe). I don't even know why I still 100 gem...

because sometimes you streak and get 3 disco balls in two weeks

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

Mirthless posted:

because sometimes you streak and get 3 disco balls in two weeks

You do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Belias down! Despite my intending to focus the boss, Beatrix doing Cloud RW and two Knight Protectors took down all the minions (not sure why, it certainly wasn't enough on other attempts) letting everyone else focus on the main guy. Still nearly ran out of the steam at the end, though. Do other toement bosses have a million HP and I just never noticed?

• Locked thread