Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

SalTheBard posted:

Uhh so are we still voting to lynch even though Quid was modkilled?

Did... did you read KB's post and think Quid was actually modkilled?

Am I missing :thejoke: here? Am I being wooshed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I can't believe people are making cases on mod confirmed town CCKeane.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The Lord of Hats posted:

Sal just misunderstood

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Gamerofthegame posted:

now, i have this super secret power of the ability to accurately deduce the entire scum team in like, 2/3 of the games I am but only in the dead-doc after I get lynched

scum team is tobbs, quid, mtt and a lurker.

game solved

still totes calling this

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

The Lord of Hats posted:

Uhhh yes...sorry.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm gullible sorry

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
No need to apologize! I just literally wasn't sure if you'd misread or not.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

I'm gullible sorry

The greatest mafia trait of all

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

The greatest mafia trait of all

No kidding

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I feel like the worst KB, apparently my heal can only be used during the preliminary battle phase! So my heal will go through before the battle assuming Kash is in it!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
TMM has a weak case on quid, and is probably scum. Case
I consider this case weak for the following reasons:
A. The first point has to do with his voting of PMush, and his not other fully defined suspicions. However, Quid came in at -3 with TMM as that hammer.

Also he makes the same case about PMush "being invested in the other thread" 3 days prior. As a result I am alarmed at his reaction and conviction for voting Quid at the moment.

This is also from the same hour as the hammer. It was kind of mediating, but his attitude towards Quid prior to the battle is completely different.

Honestly, I feel like the result of the battle and TMM and his speculative claim regarding what happened during it seems orchestrated. Also not fully understanding how other shine roles work, or battle abilities even, I think it's a lot to hinge a case on because it can't be substantiated in behavior.

I too thought Quid to be kind of suspect with his continued buckshot suspicion of everyone and everything, but that's how he plays. He even mentions it himself somewhere early in the game. I feel like OMG, TMM and Moat are probably Texas Scumbros.

I'm convinced enough on TMM to vote there. I think Squid is being set up this time.

##vote TMM

To prove that I'm not just sucking quid off and trying to be counter to whatever is going on with his vote:

I have a lovely word doc with shittier notes
Quidthulhu’s first prod at me. I initially took this as town gauging reaction, but considering that it only happened 36 minutes after he made this post about singing rolling start. I find his immediate suspicion not good.

So Quid came in very soon after and called himself dumb for it. I never saw this until I came back to actually read, and that's when I realized my initial suspicion that it was town gauging was correct and that quid was being genuine.

---

Side Note that's kind of hilarious and important:

What the gently caress kind of vote is this lmbo

then look who comes in...

None other than TMM,

"That Moat vote brings Quid to -3, so nobody else should vote him until KB says it's ok."

Such a team player, definitely town oriented.

bad cases, bad votes, set up territory.

Gotta get another beer. Wish I had something stronger.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

madre dios y todos santos it just took me two freakin’ hours to get caught up on ~24 hours of posts

thanks for the primer on the texas constitution scumthulu. after being so sure wrt Pmush I still had some inarticulate hesitation about you, but that’s sure as poo poo gone now :pwn:

following up on the Slaan reread homework I gave myself:

Slaan posted:

I think Pmush is probably town because her posting seems very human to me.

Not reading much during a holiday heavy with fan family and drinking? Yep. Been there, done that

Not remembering the post by KB to not reveal roles? Totally normal to forget if you are quickly scrolling through posts between holiday events and or work/life.

Revealing role info? Doesn't help scum, draws attention to themselves (as can be seen here). She'll get executed by us, or focused down by scum/ Texas soldiers if town. That positively reeks of bad town play done in a hasty post.

Everything fits her story

Slaan defended Pmush from the jump, in multiple posts similar to the one above. Then...

Slaan posted:

Better to get Pmush than let the Texans pick the lynching target even though I suspect gamer more

##unvote

##vote Pmush

this seems like a really odd about-face given how insistent Slaan had been up to this point. there were multiple posts, not just the one I quoted, including one where Slaan appears ready to stick with their read on Pmush to the bitter end:

Slaan posted:

No, I'm saying that I disagree with the thread about Pmush because my gut feeling says she's telling the truth. That's it. Your quoted posts are saying their gut feelings are different. If you think she is scum then vote her. Not going with the bandwagon is normal.

All of this, then a one-line about-face once KB had been sold on lunch? :cmon:

Then you pipe up with this post-lynch, seemingly unprompted (if it was in response to something correct me, but I didn’t see anything):

Slaan posted:

Only voted Pmush at the end because there was less than an hour left. A person the thread hated getting offed is better than having her alive and the Texans picking a confirmed other townie

That reads to me like a scum hedge. Like after the hammer you realized your vote looked bad and wanted to get out in front of it.

There’s also this inconsistency:

Slaan posted:

The battle rules are opaque enough that meta gaming scum based on what we know right is a scum play- using confusion over the rules on day 1 to knock someone out in a "pro-town" way.
then later:

Slaan posted:

Just trying to say that there would likely be scum abilities that break the normal rules. Like the apparently fully accepted ability to hit back row to back row that was revealed earlier. So a scum that can hit the back row from the front row with shine and/or with a negative damage modifier. People were going against Tobbs with a rules based argument, so I was trying to point out the rules on the OP were probably breakable to some extent, especially as Podima had said he was trying to not have players use back/front row as a scum indication like a previous game did.

The second post sounds an awful lot like Slaan trying to do the very thing they were throwing shade at others for doing in the first; muddying the waters with speculation on stuff we have no way of knowing.

I looked again at the post of Slaan’s that initially pinged me (the one I quoted yesterday) and it still sounds really ingenuine:

Slaan posted:

I'm definitely feeling the Gamer scum read other have been making, and I voted for him early on D1, so I'm going to go ahead and ##vote Gamer. I'm a bit more iffy on him today because I can see some decent points that he is making, but overall it just feels wrong. So far, my reads have been gut level "does this feel natural" or not. Gamer doesn't pass that for me.

Obviously, trying to get me offed doesn't help either. I'm really not sure what he has against me. It feels like he is tossing anything against me he can and hoping something sticks.

HOWEVER: None of this is a smoking gun and I’m happy to table it until we’ve got more battle actions to weed through.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
AA with all due respect, I don't think your case makes any sense

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SalTheBard posted:

I feel like the worst KB, apparently my heal can only be used during the preliminary battle phase! So my heal will go through before the battle assuming Kash is in it!

hahahaha, luckily we haven't hammered and can still change actions if need be.

Does your heal during prelim that costs shine by chance do another thing as well? (Don't tell me what, just yes or no)

Let me look things over and see what I can do while I wait for your answer.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

AA with all due respect, I don't think your case makes any sense

In your own words, describe what is damning about the quid-tmm interactions?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

ITT, people being really slow. :)

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I too thought Quid to be kind of suspect with his continued buckshot suspicion of everyone and everything, but that's how he plays. He even mentions it himself somewhere early in the game. I feel like OMG, TMM and Moat are probably Texas Scumbros.

I'm convinced enough on TMM to vote there. I think Squid is being set up this time.

I mean, you do know that Quid has scum claimed right?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Or when you say set up, are you just meaning that the scum team sacrificed him and you acknowledge that he is also scum?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Or when you say set up, are you just meaning that the scum team sacrificed him and you acknowledge that he is also scum?

I hope that’s what he’s saying because I’d love to hear more on that theory

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

TMM has a weak case on quid, and is probably scum. Case
I consider this case weak for the following reasons:
A. The first point has to do with his voting of PMush, and his not other fully defined suspicions. However, Quid came in at -3 with TMM as that hammer.

Also he makes the same case about PMush "being invested in the other thread" 3 days prior. As a result I am alarmed at his reaction and conviction for voting Quid at the moment.

This is also from the same hour as the hammer. It was kind of mediating, but his attitude towards Quid prior to the battle is completely different.

Honestly, I feel like the result of the battle and TMM and his speculative claim regarding what happened during it seems orchestrated. Also not fully understanding how other shine roles work, or battle abilities even, I think it's a lot to hinge a case on because it can't be substantiated in behavior.

##vote TMM

To prove that I'm not just sucking quid off and trying to be counter to whatever is going on with his vote:

I have a lovely word doc with shittier notes
Quidthulhu’s first prod at me. I initially took this as town gauging reaction, but considering that it only happened 36 minutes after he made this post about singing rolling start. I find his immediate suspicion not good.

So Quid came in very soon after and called himself dumb for it. I never saw this until I came back to actually read, and that's when I realized my initial suspicion that it was town gauging was correct and that quid was being genuine.

---

Side Note that's kind of hilarious and important:

What the gently caress kind of vote is this lmbo

then look who comes in...

None other than TMM,

"That Moat vote brings Quid to -3, so nobody else should vote him until KB says it's ok."

Such a team player, definitely town oriented.

bad cases, bad votes, set up territory.

Gotta get another beer. Wish I had something stronger.

:what:

Did TMM more or less outing Quid as scum influence your read at all?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Hmm... I didn't take that as scum claiming, but rather as giving up but now that you say it...

I should uninstall this game. I'm terrible at it.

##vote quid

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I hope that’s what he’s saying because I’d love to hear more on that theory

I'd love to hear more about who you think is scum. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I need someone to hop back off Quid, we are at -2 and I need to rejigger the healing. That isn't likely to happen till tomorrow since everyone is pretty much asleep.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Hmm... I didn't take that as scum claiming, but rather as giving up but now that you say it...

##vote quid

He posted the texas state constitution like 5 times

I have to reread Quid’s posting and I am not doing that at 3 am, but pre-reread thoughts that I want to reevaluate post-reread:

Chaoslord calling out quid’s vote looks much better and I need to stop interpreting things charitably
That quid-kashuno scream match probably clears kash
People who liked to claim suspicion os quid then either back off or never mention it again were possibly weakly bussing, should look to see if he retaliated and how
I really should have read quid’s posts more in game instrad of filing him under “no idea how to read him”

My dog decided the bathroom mat was a great place to pee after accidentally trapping himself in said bathroom so I really don’t want to be awake now

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Oh ok ##unvote

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Thanks!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

King Burgundy posted:

hahahaha, luckily we haven't hammered and can still change actions if need be.

Does your heal during prelim that costs shine by chance do another thing as well? (Don't tell me what, just yes or no)

Let me look things over and see what I can do while I wait for your answer.

Yes

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote quid

I think it's gonna take a lot for me to not vote AA next game day, because I can't see any other explanation for AA's case than "wasn't reading the game too closely but had to get an opinion out there".

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

MMT does the same thing. Agrees with Quid's gamer case and tosses a vote. Also defends Quid. Is not even slightly suspicious of him.

Gamer town, MMT scum, final answer.

I acknowledge that Quid felt town to me early on, but on a reread a lot of it had to do with his agreeing with my (in retrospect mostly incorrect) cases while everyone else was disagreeing with them.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
tbh AA's case on TMM is so lmao worthy that I don't think he could be scum, simply because no way does scum doc say "hey defend quid" right now

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Gamerofthegame posted:

tbh AA's case on TMM is so lmao worthy that I don't think he could be scum, simply because no way does scum doc say "hey defend quid" right now

Haha I thought of that but what’s the other explanation? That in an effort to find some he read over TMM/Quid and came to the conclusion that TMM is suspicious and Quid isn’t?

I can’t imagine that AA honestly believed the contents of his case.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Haha I thought of that but what’s the other explanation? That in an effort to find scum he read over TMM/Quid and came to the conclusion that TMM is suspicious and Quid isn’t?

I can’t imagine that AA honestly believed the contents of his case.

Mafia edit

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
There is no way AA’s read comes from Town WOW

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I, for one, like AAs case. Can you do KB next? I'm pretty suspicious of him.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tired Moritz posted:

okay can the guys in the other thread hurry the gently caress up and :hammer:

#vote Texas

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

A good vote

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Flying Leatherman posted:

On that note, want to check back in with MMT. I know you said you were reassessing; how do you feel about Keane after taking a step back and seeing his posting today?

Full disclosure - I haven’t read the thread on a computer (which for me is he norm) since yesterday, I woke up and went to work and here I am.

Re: keane - gut leans town. I know there was suspicion with his refusing to put a case on Quid when TMM asked but he explained why and I remember buying it.

Definitely AA is scum and then after him my eye is on Moat. I remember agreeing with a case on Peck but haven’t seen how he’s posted since.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
As a resident of Texas irl, would vote Texas.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
The scum team is collapsing

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Truth Quark posted:

As a resident of Texas irl, would vote Texas.

:catstare:

##unvote

##vote truth quark

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

In your own words, describe what is damning about the quid-tmm interactions?

Sorry I didn't answer last night I passed out after posting this

You surely understand by now right?

This is a graphical representation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also I went back and finished my TQ reread and I think he is scum. I will post some more thoughts hopefully later today

• Locked thread