Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I wish I had an Ephraim. He would be great for my secondary blade users in AA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Actias posted:

I'm about to do the final merge on my 4*+10 Azama and was debating promoting the final one so he could have a forged staff, which would be an utter waste of feathers but would also be hilarious. Complicating factor: I just got a pity breaker Priscilla (:argh:) so now I actually have a spare Pain+ in hand, but I don't know if I can get over burning a 5*, even a fairly useless one, for a joke. Hmm.

I'd use her to put Rehabilitate+ on someone instead tbh.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Rehabilitate/Rehabilitate+ is still good but Recover+ is where it's at now

Recover+ doesn't give a poo poo about your life total and just drops 30+ heals per turn, it's amazing

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I accidentally sent my Arena team into Lunatic 7 Tempest, featuring 2 different Fury heroes and Alfonse where the only healing was one Aether and somehow managed to clear

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I don't know how many bonus rounds Azura has gotten so far, but I only managed to play during one so far, so I assume I missed a few. Soon I'll have to start dumping my 1900 flags without a bonus and while that sucks it makes my decision to just dump all off my flags in the first round looks less stupid in retrospect.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You have to start dumping flags right now, assuming you perfectly play every 30 minutes.

I'm out of flags because of the war against Tharja.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
I've cut myself down to 800 flags from 2k, just enough to dump on a last minute bonus round or over the last couple hours.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Tae posted:

You have to start dumping flags right now, assuming you perfectly play every 30 minutes.

I'm out of flags because of the war against Tharja.
Maybe I'm missing something, but since there are 10 hours left I should have more than enough time to use all of my flags.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

5* your Hana

make a sweeper

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
leveling up healers is hell

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

leveling up healers is hell

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Just level your healers by using them in the tempest trial

and/or use some of your billion crystals

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Give them white crystals to snort

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Oh wait, leveling? I read that as SP grinding.

SP grinding healers is hell.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Akett posted:

Oh wait, leveling? I read that as SP grinding.

SP grinding healers is hell.

yeah leveling is easy
sp grinding is awful. Not helped by 5* healers not coming with their attacking skill or their heal+ skill. We really need a Staff Valor skill

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Andrast posted:

Just level grind SP on your healers by using them in the tempest trial

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I've used my healers in enough Tempest Trials and similar things that by the time I got around to giving them serious builds they had a million SP from healing chip damage. But yeah if you just drew a healer and are hoping to build them up, the SP grinding is hell. If you have any Blessings lying around, putting them on a healer is an excellent choice! That turns every heal into 2 free SP, 4 SP during double SP weekends!

That's what I did for my Elise and it worked great!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The only way I SP grinded Lissa was by having her at 5 stars, upgrading her weapon to a ++ (with the attack penalty removed), slapped her a DD seal, and have her solo Takumi hard. Level 32 enemies are the max that a level 40 character can still get SP off of.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Tae posted:

The only way I SP grinded Lissa was by having her at 5 stars, upgrading her weapon to a ++ (with the attack penalty removed), slapped her a DD seal, and have her solo Takumi hard. Level 32 enemies are the max that a level 40 character can still get SP off of.

Ohh, this is good to know, thanks!

I'm going to try this with Genny.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Big warning if you're doing this and you didn't know like I did: refinement for a ++ is a one-time thing. You can't refine a weapon to prevent counter attack, then remove the attack penalty, then try to go back to no counterattack.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Putting them in an autobattle TT team also works if you want something with less effort

This obviously works better with bulkier healers, mind

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

Big warning if you're doing this and you didn't know like I did: refinement for a ++ is a one-time thing. You can't refine a weapon to prevent counter attack, then remove the attack penalty, then try to go back to no counterattack.

Do you mean you can't go back without spending resources again? Because you can definitely change your refinement later.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Andrast posted:

Because you can definitely change your refinement later.

refined weapon unlocks appear in your skill equip screen too, right?

e: just got the no-counter gravity for elise (i already had wrath gravity) and yeah this is how it works, every weapon you refine just gets added to your list of equippable skills

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jan 6, 2018

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
they should really just make some generic dagger weapons so I can pretend they're just cooler looking archers

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Is Gravity an alright skill to have on Genny, or should I use some feathers to give her a Pain staff?

(Takumi's Warriors map and blessings make SP grinding so easy for her)

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

SgtSteel91 posted:

Is Gravity an alright skill to have on Genny, or should I use some feathers to give her a Pain staff?

(Takumi's Warriors map and blessings make SP grinding so easy for her)

Gravity is literally the best status ailment you can get from staves right now, thanks to Gravity+'s AoE effect and being able to refine it to prevent enemy counterattacks. It works wonders with Reposition.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Folt The Bolt posted:

Gravity is literally the best status ailment you can get from staves right now, thanks to Gravity+'s AoE effect and being able to refine it to prevent enemy counterattacks. It works wonders with Reposition.

Thought so, thanks!

Gravity, Atk +3, Savage Blow 3 and Savage Blow Seal is going to be the build I have in mind for Genny

(wrathful_sheep_noises .jpg here)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
it would be nice if theres a thing I can use to check if having a healer in my arena core would gently caress my bst enough that I can't reach tier 20.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
you can, sort of. you have to put them in your party and check your adv score, and if it's below 698, just click surrender because now you know you won't get to t20

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
This is one of the great uses of AA. Im always checking team comp scores in there for free.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
e:nm

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jan 6, 2018

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
MMarth is cool and good (also my highest merge by far):

acumen fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 6, 2018

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

The White Dragon posted:

you can, sort of. you have to put them in your party and check your adv score, and if it's below 698, just click surrender because now you know you won't get to t20

It's a bit lower than that, at least it was 2 weeks ago. 692ish maybe?

valuum fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jan 6, 2018

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Top 5000 in the TT is about 125000 points at the moment.

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 6, 2018

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Sodium Chloride posted:

I definitely don’t like TT enough to even autobattle up to that.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'm one of Team Lissa's best supporters right now, closing in on top 1,000 in the team. I've never been this fortunate before, so kinda pumped to really rake in the feathers. Not that I have used them in a long time...

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Sodium Chloride posted:

I normally try to hit this but I loving hate armor emblem so I'll take a pass, we're going to get another event real soon for NY!Corrin anyway since they don't seem to just want to hand him out on a normal quest.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I've been doing 11,000 a day on auto battle with only a 20% unit. You only have to watch out for reposition/draw back nonsense.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Alxprit posted:

I'm one of Team Lissa's best supporters right now, closing in on top 1,000 in the team. I've never been this fortunate before, so kinda pumped to really rake in the feathers. Not that I have used them in a long time...

Got into the top 1000 in the Tharja battle, but that’s definitely crippled me in this round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I just go to 100k and accept whatever feather reward that gets me. Just a much nicer, less exhausting experience all around that I'm always a bit surprised people do try for the ranking boards.