Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Maybe it's an art installation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
It's a spite rail, designed to lure in and destroy skaters looking to grind.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

It's a spite rail, designed to lure in and destroy skaters looking to grind.

How the gently caress are they going to grind on that tiny step?

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Proteus Jones posted:

How the gently caress are they going to grind on that tiny step?

:pwn: *Rail* grind, n00b. My credit union added semi-circular anti-skate "blocks" to all the handrails at their main building to discourage that.

Of course, city added shiny aluminum angle versions to the new sidewalk planters when they built those, and being downtown I'm utterly loving shocked they weren't unbolted and sold for scrap within the first week.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

:pwn: *Rail* grind, n00b. My credit union added semi-circular anti-skate "blocks" to all the handrails at their main building to discourage that.

:doh:

I was thinking of grinding on a step like grinding concrete retaining walls at parks. The rail never even occurred to me, because how drat tiny it is.

That said, now I NEED video of people trying on that small thing.

Of course, city added shiny aluminum angle versions to the new sidewalk planters when they built those, and being downtown I'm utterly loving shocked they weren't unbolted and sold for scrap within the first week.

:lol::lol:

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe
Ok let's argue over this: https://imgur.com/gallery/6xqdr

Dudebro and his wife design and build a house on their own: admirable.

Interior design choices: questionable

Floating cabinet.... thingee.... in the formal dining room: abominable.

And then they do stuff like butt the moulding around the library up to the window casement??? And end the floor in the middle of a window???

And butt the super fancy door frame thing right up against the wall??? And in looking at this again it looks like you open the front door, which is centered on the stairs, and BAM wall on the right side of the stairs????

And the front door sticks out... because reasons?

And of course, ZERO CURTAINS OR WINDOW TREATMENTS ANYWHERE. Looks like they're off in the woods, but still, gawddamn.

30 Goddamned Dicks fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jan 6, 2018

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012
If the top was level it would be fine

Edit: the dining room cabinet thing

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
All of that looks pretty much fine tbh.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I agree with Javid; some of the stuff is a bit inelegant but I wouldn't have noticed most of it if you hadn't pointed it out.

Klaus Hergesheimer
Aug 6, 2010
It definitely looks like dogshit to me, but it looks reasonably well constructed. Their design choices are hideous to me and if I could I'd tear all that stuff the gently caress out and burn it in my fireplace I would, but if it makes them happy then :shrug:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
The front door sticks out so that you're not forced to walk up two or three steps when entering/exiting?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

wesleywillis posted:

The front door sticks out so that you're not forced to walk up two or three steps when entering/exiting?

Yeah, that's a pretty standard entranceway? I mean, they could have designed it so the door sat flush and the stairs were farther back, but it's there to clear the bottom step and give room for people to get inside and shut the doors.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
The entrance is bad. That combination of "fancy" door frames and blank walls is off-putting.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
It looks like a Sims house.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
Aside from the lack of window treatments, everything about that house is perfectly fine lol. It's the most normal non-mcmansion middle class house in the entire goddamn world

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Got the corner window in, boss!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Slanderer posted:

Aside from the lack of window treatments, everything about that house is perfectly fine lol. It's the most normal non-mcmansion middle class house in the entire goddamn world

The floating cabinet thing is atrocious but otherwise I agree. Give it a year or two of lived in ness to get wall decorations and art up and curtains on windows and it will look just as good as 90% of houses out there.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

tangy yet delightful posted:

The floating cabinet thing is atrocious but otherwise I agree. Give it a year or two of lived in ness to get wall decorations and art up and curtains on windows and it will look just as good as 90% of houses out there.

Yeah why isn’t it level at any one point? It’s like a china cabinet or hutch but it’s not working.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

It took us a year to find the courage to start putting holes in our new walls to hang art.
Also, most of our existing art is bad. It looks fine in the guest bathroom but I'm not ready to put it in the hallway.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I try not to be judgmental and looking at my own books I certainly have no business belittling someone's taste in literature but hahahaha those dark wood bookshelves and armchairs for this dude's fantasy paperbacks and Halo novels

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Hey now, they have Great Gatsby.

Drape Culture
Feb 9, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

The End.

I'd prefer those upper windows not to have that horizontal split in them, basically making them the same size as the doors below, but I don't know what that would have done to the cost.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

My Lovely Horse posted:

I try not to be judgmental and looking at my own books I certainly have no business belittling someone's taste in literature but hahahaha those dark wood bookshelves and armchairs for this dude's fantasy paperbacks and Halo novels
I'm the two copies of the Harry Potter series.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

My Lovely Horse posted:

If you think I'm going to be embarrassed to own all of Discworld and OG Dune.... Well.... I'm not.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

To the guy who wanted to live in a garage: this place is for you.
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2560-Michigan-Ave-Detroit-MI-48216/2096142013_zpid/?fullpage=true

That door next to the kitchen leads to the "real" garage, so I don't know why they have a car parked in their living room.

Not sure about the stairs leading directly to the master bathroom.

It does come with three apartments to recoup some of that $1.8 million. It's been for sale for over a year though so I guess nobody wants to spend that kind of money on a parking garage in Detroit.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Hey now, they have Great Gatsby.

Do they also have shelves of books by the foot?

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

what in the everliving gently caress is that drawing.
get that poo poo off the wall, burn it, and make a circle of salt around the area it was hung.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

If I had "gently caress you" money and for some insane reaaon wanted to move to Detroit, I'd live there.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

KillHour posted:

If I had "gently caress you" money and for some insane reaaon wanted to move to Detroit, I'd live there.

Me too. Loving that open floor plan.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
It looks like the shabby chic version of the stupid media company Tom and Jean-Ralphio open in Parks and Rec.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

I like it. Though not for that money and I would've cleaned it up another 20%.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

It looks like the shabby chic version of the stupid media company Tom and Jean-Ralphio open in Parks and Rec.

Entertainment 7wenty, where dreams come... to come true.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Youth Decay posted:

It does come with three apartments to recoup some of that $1.8 million. It's been for sale for over a year though so I guess nobody wants to spend that kind of money on a parking garage in Detroit.

Well I mean you can buy over one hundred somewhat livable houses for that, or at least 15-20, move-in ready, very nice houses, given Detroit's current housing market.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jan 7, 2018

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Slugworth posted:

I'm the big branch that will break the windows come a big storm.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Not sure the giant bathroom window is a great idea when your bathroom overlooks a busy street and parking lot. Gonna get arrested for indecent exposure for taking a shower.

This isn't for hermits, the dining table seats 8 or 10, with another 7 at the breakfast bar, so this is a house for socializing. Not sure how the bathroom works when you've got a bunch of people over. Do you just stand by the stairs and holler to see if anyone is up there?

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Facebook Aunt posted:

Not sure the giant bathroom window is a great idea when your bathroom overlooks a busy street and parking lot. Gonna get arrested for indecent exposure for taking a shower.

They look very reflective from the outside. Maybe they're coated?

Facebook Aunt posted:

This isn't for hermits, the dining table seats 8 or 10, with another 7 at the breakfast bar, so this is a house for socializing. Not sure how the bathroom works when you've got a bunch of people over. Do you just stand by the stairs and holler to see if anyone is up there?

There's a half bath downstairs.

My questions:
- Does anyone actually enjoy watching anything on that pathetic projector?
- What's in the GIANT basement?

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Youth Decay posted:

To the guy who wanted to live in a garage: this place is for you.

This house is stupid.

I would also be very happy living in a large garage with living quarters attached. However, since I actually want to use my garage as a garage the living quarters will be totally sealed from the garage area.

Getting dust and dirt from the garage throughout the rest of your living space would not be nice. Even just exhaust fumes if you only park in it. I'd also like to be able to have a warm living area

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Tomarse posted:

This house is stupid.

I would also be very happy living in a large garage with living quarters attached. However, since I actually want to use my garage as a garage the living quarters will be totally sealed from the garage area.

Getting dust and dirt from the garage throughout the rest of your living space would not be nice. Even just exhaust fumes if you only park in it. I'd also like to be able to have a warm living area

Based on the floorplan I think the porche parked in the living room is just masturbatory; there seems to be a proper garage attached which is properly sealed off.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Want to come back to my place and see my demon/goat skull collection?

Later we can watch a movie on my filthy wall projector. I'm so cool and unique.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Polio Vax Scene posted:

what in the everliving gently caress is that drawing.
get that poo poo off the wall, burn it, and make a circle of salt around the area it was hung.

Is it being hung with duct tape?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Slugworth posted:

I'm the two beds for two Potter-reading foster kids.