Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

also my buff wears off at the end of this battle :(

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, but the real question with is are you going to hit their front rank or ours.

:thunk:

Wait, there goes my pledge to not speak ill of my comrades in the battle.

Oh well, sometimes El Diablo still gets the better of me and the only thing I can do is try to be better in the future.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

CCKeane posted:

I never thought I'd die fighting side by side with a Madman.

You're supposed to say "how about dying next to a friend", TMM.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

OMGVBFLOL posted:

also my buff wears off at the end of this battle :(

:synpa:

Worry not friend, if we again stand side by side to face the Texans we shall be just as fearsome.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Keane and Hats, go ahead and pre call your targets. The others keep them to yourselves till after battle. This will allow at least some planning.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

As some have speculated, this combat lineup was in part a proving ground for those chosen. So if you are in the line and have cool stuff to use to swing this our way, feel free to be badass.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And apparently a lesson to the rest of you that fingering a scum on D2 isn't good enough!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

As some have speculated, this combat lineup was in part a proving ground for those chosen. So if you are in the line and have cool stuff to use to swing this our way, feel free to be badass.

If I ever get into battle I will make you proud KB

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

King Burgundy posted:

Keane and Hats, go ahead and pre call your targets. The others keep them to yourselves till after battle. This will allow at least some planning.

I'm subject to some randomness on the attack I'm using, so there isn't more that I can really say than what I've already said.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Cat and Peramene.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Thanks folks!

Good luck in this thing. Give 'em hell!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

Thanks folks!

Good luck in this thing. Give 'em hell!

*Shrugs, hands the Texas thread a link to the Texas thread*

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

*Shrugs, hands the Texas thread a link to the Texas thread*

:wow:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

Debuff and or attack.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:cheers: Preliminary Phase is over! Results are in your character sheets! :cheers:

BATTLEFIELD: Guerrero

quote:

Pushing back into Mexican territory, the fighting takes to the streets. The tighter quarters favor those used to urban brawls, while those who long for the open sky are at a loss.
Universal Effect: All Bruisers have +1 to their offensive abilities, while all Ranchers have -1 to their offensive abilities.

BATTLE FORMATION
pre:
		TXSG
Venom Soag	tithin		The Ninth Layer
curiousCat	peramene	Prince of Space		Xad

CCKeane		Gamerofthegame	Max Peck
TMMadman	Lord of Hats	Anomalous Amalgam	Kashuno
		DdN
:cheers: Battle Phase starts now. Deadline for submitting Battle Actions is ~12 hours from now, 2:00 PM ET. :cheers:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

This time, it was the Texans' turn to go on the offensive - striking back at one of Villa's strongholds, the town of Guerrero. While the locals took cover best as they could, the Texans charged straight in - but were met in turn by a counter-charge from the Mexicans!

Onlookers refused to talk about the aftermath of the battle for weeks afterwards, reportedly far too shell-shocked by what they had seen. One thing was for certain, though - the previous battle had only been a small taste of the full destructive power of each Shine-fueled army. This one was very, very different.

TEXAS STATE GUARD CASUALTIES

quote:

Watching the horizon is fun when you're bored - you can get a decent look at the folks on their way into town, see if they look hungry or not. One time you actually saw a bunch of rustlers hold up a mail coach, that was pretty neat. Helped identify 'em later and everything! You figure that's how you caught the State Guard's eye - and here you are now!
:rip: tithin, aka Stacie, TOWN-aligned Light, was killed in battle on Night 2! :rip:

quote:

You thought you had it made. Thanks to Shine, you practically never had to talk to another person again - you could just sit in your comfy chair at home and think at people all day long. But no, those durned Mexicans had to ride across the border and cause all sorts of ruckus! Oog. You've never been one for dust-ups, but this is for a good cause.
:rip: The Ninth Layer, aka Shauna, TOWN-aligned Tactician, was killed in battle on Night 2! :rip:

quote:

You drive your local grocer absolutely batty every time you come in for supplies, picking everything over to make absolutely sure you're buying only the very best. But it's difficult not to, with a nose like yours! Even the faintest hint of rot or decay stands out like a blinding light to you, thanks to good old Shine.
:rip: Xad, aka Jana, TOWN-aligned Tactician, was killed in battle on Night 2! :rip:

DIVISIÓN DEL NORTE CASUALTIES

quote:

As a little girl, you always said you wanted to be an attractive lady when you grew up. Lo and behold, it turns out that life - and Shine - work in mysterious ways to grant even the most outlandish childhood wishes.
:rip: CCKeane, aka Reyna, TOWN-aligned Heavy, was killed in battle on Night 2! :rip:

quote:

Stop screeching, they said! The blind fools! A chatterbox you might seem, but if you were to ever stop talking you'd be just as blind as them - which you cannot and will not ever tolerate! Those who would rather shut you up... you'll just have to silence them first.
:rip: Max Peck, aka Annika, SCUM-aligned Tactician, was killed in battle on Night 2! :rip:

:ese: THE DIVISIÓN DEL NORTE WINS THIS BATTLE! :ese:

Each army returns to their camp, ready to regroup, recuperate, and prepare - for tomorrow is another day, and another battle awaits.

Day 3 starts now. Deadline is 8PM ET on Tuesday 09-JAN-2018.

~~~

:cheers: Important Administrative Notes: :cheers:
1) :siren: REMEMBER, NO MENTIONING NUMBERS WHEN TALKING ABOUT DAMAGE/STATS/HEALTH! :siren:
2) A few abilities have been slightly reworded for clarity. If you have any questions, PM me.
3) Rules Update, v6.0! The Anti-Lurking Rules have been updated as follows:

quote:

Optionally, during the day a leader may declare a 'soft deadline' that is at least 24 hours after the game day has started. By PMing a mod, they may confirm that this soft deadline will be when anti-lurker rules engage for that thread (e.g. if an execution happens between the soft deadline and the actual deadline, anti-lurker rules will apply for people's postcounts.

Podima fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jan 7, 2018

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 3 :beerpal:

Not Voting (20): Anomalous Amalgam, chaoslord, Flying Leatherman, Gamerofthegame, GeneX, Hal Incandenza, IllegallySober, Kashuno, King Burgundy, Moatillata, Monathin, Murmur Twin, OMGVBFLOL, SalTheBard, Slaan, The Lord of Hats, TMMadman, Tobbs Gnawed, Truth Quark, Your Personal Muse :rubshands:

With 20 people still alive, it takes 11 votes to execute.
The current deadline is January 09th, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 3 hours.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
That cad Xad is a sad fad, unlike that rad lad named Mad.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

You're supposed to say "how about dying next to a friend", TMM.

Also, Keane, I'm glad you died next to a friend.

And I'm sorry I doubted you, lad.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
:rip: Keane. I was wrong about you. Goodnight sweet prince

Peck :laffo:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

TMMadman posted:

Also, Keane, I'm glad you died next to a friend.

And I'm sorry I doubted you, lad.

Kid puts his hat over his heart. A big ol' theory is an awful way to send out a friend.

Sorry, Keane.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, until I hear otherwise from KB, I'm not going to talk about Kash joining the battle.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
:peanut:

I'm super curious to hear what things happened, like how TMM survived or what AA did (pending if/how KB wants to direct information sharing). That was a pleasant surprise, I have to admit that I wasn't expecting us to win that one.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

That went better than I planned. Good work folks. Away from computer so can't do all my fun checking over of things. But I'd like to know what gamer, AA, and Hats did in this fight.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Podima posted:

TEXAS STATE GUARD CASUALTIES

:rip: tithin, aka Stacie, TOWN-aligned Light, was killed in battle on Night 2! :rip:

:rip: The Ninth Layer, aka Shauna, TOWN-aligned Tactician, was killed in battle on Night 2! :rip:

:rip: Xad, aka Jana, TOWN-aligned Tactician, was killed in battle on Night 2! :rip:

DIVISIÓN DEL NORTE CASUALTIES

:rip: CCKeane, aka Reyna, TOWN-aligned Heavy, was killed in battle on Night 2! :rip:

:rip: Max Peck, aka Annika, SCUM-aligned Tactician, was killed in battle on Night 2! :rip:

Wow, bad night to be a female character. :ohdear:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
KB rules

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Murmur Twin posted:

Didn't even notice that. You fought well, sisters of battle :911:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Murmur Twin posted:

But with 4 Texans dead, Max included, and only one Mexican down for the trouble, Kid figures that was as good a night as we'd get.

Rest in peace, Keane.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeY9Dv6hCVs

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
w-why is everyone around me dead

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Gamerofthegame posted:

w-why is everyone around me dead

why indeed :thunk:

just kidding

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I am, for the record, untouched.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Kid's taken a record of the casualties thus far.

For the Texans, they're down five troops, and no spies.

For our camp, we're down three troops, and two spies.

Kid ain't the best at math, but he figures that puts the camp solidly ahead of the texans.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

This is part conjecture and set up spec, but I believe it's specifically the tactician class that lets you jump into a battle. I... really doubt a bunch of scum would get the tactician class altogether as opposed to a nice spread and Max was a scum-tactician, so I feel like it's fairly safe to assume the others are town.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

What's a normal scum percentage for a game, 1/5, 1/4?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I was right about Max Peck, I think I'm right about MMT.

##vote MMT

Barring some kind of damning battle result.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I was right about Max Peck, I think I'm right about MMT.

##vote MMT

Barring some kind of damning battle result.

That you're voting me over AA is borderline insulting.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

What's the AA case?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Murmur Twin posted:

I don't think AA can possibly be scum

like, whenever I'm scum in a game I am always going to check scum doc/chat/whatever-the-gently caress (I assume it might be discord this time) before I hit up some 150 posts in the thread.

And there's no way scum doc said "whoa TMM (and OMG rip) caught Quid's scum slip make a case on him to draw heat"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Well that went well!

Bye, Keane

Lol, lesser Max

Gamerofthegame posted:

This is part conjecture and set up spec, but I believe it's specifically the tactician class that lets you jump into a battle. I... really doubt a bunch of scum would get the tactician class altogether as opposed to a nice spread and Max was a scum-tactician, so I feel like it's fairly safe to assume the others are town.

I won’t say more unless KB gives the go-ahead, but the answer is both yes and no to your setup spec re:tactitians jumping into fights. I suggest everyone let it be until our leader says something.

Can’t say anything about what the scum lineup looks like though

• Locked thread