Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

They can also have bad asses, Guldo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Stairmaster posted:

yes but beerus mk 1s gimmick was he made other people bad as well and goku had to turn into a rob liefeld drawn superman to fight him

And also, from I have read, apparently he was responsible for Saiyans for being evil assholes.

I think we got the better deal with Galactus Garfield.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I like the transformation where Vegeta and Trunks turn into Baki the Grappler characters. They should put that in the game.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Badguy is actually a good guy.

I mean, Earth's greatest hero is Mr. Satan.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

theres a whole gangload of chars they can add as dlc down the line from the current arc in DBSuper alone - the tournament of power has dozens of new characters in it. they're all mostly uninteresting and goofy but that doesn't mean they can't be turned into cool fighting game chars by arcsys.

not to mention theres gohan blanco, el grande padre, and all the other gods of destruction

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

anime was right posted:

one or more of the three between broly, caulifa, and kale seem like the most likely candidates right before roshi.

i'd put money in jiren being in but being a later character

after that who knows lol

id hope videl, bulma, and satan make it in. there's probably a lot of fun to be had designing those chars.

Uhhh who is going to be Bulma's VA? With Mr.Satan they straight up said they aren't trying to do joke characters so that would make it kind of hard,and Videl has the same problem Pan does, no moves(well Pan has the Maseko and Kamehameha but so many characters have both those moves)

Someone pointed out that Roshi is the only ToP member from u7 not in dbfighters so that increases his odds to me. People really like Broly and as much as I dislike maximum power man he is popular, Bardock also literally has his theme in the game.

Fargin Icehole posted:

Godamnit I keep getting them confused. It's weird because I always called Dabura Literal Satan because he looks like it, and we already have a mr. satan

Well he was the King of the demon world so he kinda is. :v:

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jan 8, 2018

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Bulma will eventually show up in Super again with a new voice actress, so her most likely (not that I think she'll be dlc)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

SirKibbles posted:

Uhhh who is going to be Bulma's VA? With Mr.Satan they straight up said they aren't trying to do joke characters so that would make it kind of hard,and Videl has the same problem Pan does, no moves(well Pan has the Maseko and Kamehameha but so many characters have both those moves)

Someone pointed out that Roshi is the only ToP member from u7 not in dbfighters so that increases his odds to me. People really like Broly and as much as I dislike maximum power man he is popular, Bardock also literally has his theme in the game.

Videl will clearly appear as the Great Saiyaman 2 and inherit all the moves of her partner. I mean, I don't think he's got all that many moves either but um, well..... There's potential?

Roshi, Bardock and Broly are pretty safe bets though i'd say. Kinda of a shame about Bardock since although the other 2 would be pretty cool I don't really like him and he doesn't super stand out as a unique or interesting fighter. But maybe I shouldn't care too much about uniqueness since I want all 4 u6 saiyans and there'd probably be some overlap there in movesets or fighting styles with existing characters or even each other.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bardock isnt bad, hes got a lot of grapples and knees and stuff, hed be different from the other saiyans

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ImpAtom posted:

Easy way to remember it: Buu saga names are magical spells. Bibbidi Babbidi Buu and also Abra Kadabura

toriyama :argh:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Add that guy who tries to fight Vegeta in the gravity chamber or whatever

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
comedy option: Supreme Kai

just kidding, nobody likes him

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

comedy option: Supreme Kai

just kidding, nobody likes him

I enjoy how even Super spends every chance it can get to dunk on him.

"Vegeta is winning!"
"Are you stupid, Universe 7?"
"*frowny face*"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ImpAtom posted:

I enjoy how even Super spends every chance it can get to dunk on him.

"Vegeta is winning!"
"Are you stupid, Universe 7?"
"*frowny face*"

My favorite is still the Goku Black arc

Goku - "We'll have to use the potara to beat him"
Shin - "But that's a permanent Fusion!"
Gowasu - "What are you, retarded? That's only for kais, mortals just have a time limit."

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
At least one of the Budokai games gave him a move that was a series of kick-flips with hands behind his back. It was nice enough.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Goku Black Character Trailer

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

There's 3 versions of Goku and like 2 women in the whole roster... they seriously couldn't find a way to justify Bulma, Chichi or Videl getting in the fight? Come on Tomoko

Also where the hell is Yajirobe

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Unmerciful posted:

There's 3 versions of Goku and like 2 women in the whole roster... they seriously couldn't find a way to justify Bulma, Chichi or Videl getting in the fight? Come on Tomoko

Bulma isn't a fighter and Videl's moveset would have to just be Spopovich ragdolling her at your opponent.

Chichi would be neat though.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Don't worry, Caulifla and Brianne will bring it up to a whopping four.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Unmerciful posted:

none of those people have ever won a fight in their entire lives and bulma's voice actress is dead

blame toriyama for writing the story that way, though really at the time he was writing he probably couldn't have gotten away with too much.

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

Those are some weak rear end rationales. Yamcha is in there and he's universally considered a laughingstock. Half of what the voice actors do is high pitched screaming, Arc could just buy a cat to do the work and they probably would only have to pay half as much. They already created a new character Android 21 so I'm pretty sure they could come up with a creative moveset that would fit Bulma or Videl's design. Injustice had everyone take super pills so they could justify them fighting against Superman, so I don't see why Bulma couldn't do something similar. And just because Toriyama did things one way doesn't mean you have to do it exactly 100% the same, that's some Ghostbusters poo poo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kinda hosed up to compare Hiromi's decades long career playing one of the most iconic characters in anime to a cat, OP.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Videl would be cool but Bulma has never fought anyone at all and I'm not sure why people want her to be in a fighting game.

They should add some of the girls from Super's ToP arc though. Plenty of options, lots of cool moments and attacks to pull from for all of them, and Kefla in particular is a pretty big fan favorite right now who hasn't even been in another game yet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Unmerciful posted:

Those are some weak rear end rationales. Yamcha is in there and he's universally considered a laughingstock.
Yamcha had several major fight scenes, was in fact the first character in DBZ to even have an extended fight scene, and was an active fighter all the way up to the Cell Saga.

Unmerciful posted:

Half of what the voice actors do is high pitched screaming, Arc could just buy a cat to do the work and they probably would only have to pay half as much.
Jesus loving christ, dude, what the hell is wrong with you, the woman isn't even cold in the ground and you're here disparaging her life's work because you want more titties in a video game, gently caress off.

Unmerciful posted:

Injustice had everyone take super pills so they could justify them fighting against Superman, so I don't see why Bulma couldn't do something similar.
That's really, really boring.

Unmerciful posted:

And just because Toriyama did things one way doesn't mean you have to do it exactly 100% the same, that's some Ghostbusters poo poo.
this is an adaptation that is meant to be representative of the material as it is, not a reboot or reimagining.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"I want more women in the roster because I'm woke, but Japanese people are poo poo at voice acting"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ArcSys: We've spent all this time making sure the poses in the characters' special attacks are frame perfect to the manga and anime, but we're just going to make up poo poo for an entire character.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Give :clapemoji: Us :clapemoji: Lunch!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fadam posted:

Give :clapemoji: Us :clapemoji: Lunch!
hell yeah

id like to clarify that im not against the girls being in the game i just want it to actually make any kind of sense and fit the character. chi-chi in the dbz fighter by capcom used goku's flying nimbus and power pole that he didnt use anymore and that was fine and made sense and gave her a unique angle, but i dont want 'bulma can just punch now' or 'videl is just like any other character only all of its made up' because thatd just feel really shoehorned. I like the great saiyawoman suggestion for videl and for bulma you could have her use a bunch of capsules or something, but realistically there are characters people want in way before any of those people.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I mean, hell. If you want more female characters there's Kefla, Ribrienne, Towa, GT Pan, Videl, and Chi-Chi in order of descending likeliness. Bulma just flat out isn't a fighter, and it'd feel weird throwing the one character too smart for all this junk into the mess.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Endorph posted:

the woman isn't even cold in the ground

Just wish her back with the dragon balls, idk what the big deal is here

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Towa would be cool honestly, though they probably want to stick to characters that aren't from any spinoff material.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Mr Briefs' Angels

Bulma/Lunch/Videl tandem team.

Videl acts as the point character and can call a variety of Lunch machinegun assists or Bulma's mech from the underwater episodes to fire rockets.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I'm pretty sure Goku fought a snake woman at some point while he was travelling the snake way. Put her in!

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Endorph posted:

hell yeah

id like to clarify that im not against the girls being in the game i just want it to actually make any kind of sense and fit the character. chi-chi in the dbz fighter by capcom used goku's flying nimbus and power pole that he didnt use anymore and that was fine and made sense and gave her a unique angle, but i dont want 'bulma can just punch now' or 'videl is just like any other character only all of its made up' because thatd just feel really shoehorned. I like the great saiyawoman suggestion for videl and for bulma you could have her use a bunch of capsules or something, but realistically there are characters people want in way before any of those people.

This is why I'm glad ArcSys got this game. Capcom absolutely would do stupid poo poo like this and other characters that would make sense to be in the game would be missing because "haha Bulma in a mech suit, amirite?!"

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Unmerciful posted:

Those are some weak rear end rationales. Yamcha is in there and he's universally considered a laughingstock. Half of what the voice actors do is high pitched screaming, Arc could just buy a cat to do the work and they probably would only have to pay half as much. They already created a new character Android 21 so I'm pretty sure they could come up with a creative moveset that would fit Bulma or Videl's design. Injustice had everyone take super pills so they could justify them fighting against Superman, so I don't see why Bulma couldn't do something similar. And just because Toriyama did things one way doesn't mean you have to do it exactly 100% the same, that's some Ghostbusters poo poo.

You must leave, immediately.

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

There is a new character in the game and brand new storyline... please explain to me how exactly this is a 100% faithful representation of the series. Things can change and still be faithful to the spirit of the show without being slavish. If all you took away from Videl's character was that she's too weak to fight then I think you may have missed the point. But god knows the only reason someone would want more than 2 female characters in a roster of 24 is to see more tits so I guess that settles it. I only hope there's a few more versions of Goku coming up.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Endorph posted:

Towa would be cool honestly, though they probably want to stick to characters that aren't from any spinoff material.

Android 21's whole thing seems to be "Towa but more interesting" anyway.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
it’d be hard to do anyone other than pan well unless they get creative, which is tricky to do well with existing characters. videl has no ki attacks at all and only one horrible poo poo fight to draw a move set from outside of beating up criminals or whatever, and the idea of needing Gohan to do all her beam moves in assist strikes me as lame. even the movies and specials are slim pickings for women fighters though pre dbs. there’s that bojack henchlady who beats up Krillin, uh...that woman on bardock’s team did she do anything?

also on the topic of panel perfect recreations, i kind of love how awkward and doofy adult gohan’s fight moves look compared to everyone else.

Princeps32 fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jan 8, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Unmerciful posted:

But god knows the only reason someone would want more than 2 female characters in a roster of 24 is to see more tits
good post, man who compared a dead woman's 30+ year career to a screaming cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Endorph has a super good point about how Arcsys is doing characters in this game but I'd still really like to see Videl. The Gohan in high school parts are the best parts of the Buu Saga and Videl is a great character in those, plus she's really fun to play in Budokai 3.