Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Next program to get shut down?
This poll is closed.
for the love of god please coach k 85 53.13%
Kansas 25 15.63%
Kentucky 21 13.13%
Some MVC team that no one cares about 29 18.13%
Total: 128 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

IT IS BRAGGIN' RIGHTS DAY

gently caress TO ILLINOIS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
While I am not a braggart myself I support the rights of those who brag and I would DIE defending their honor

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Braggin' Rights was more fun than it had any right to be. Missouri simply is not going to win this year shooting < 20% from three (which is a weird thing to say about such a tall team but that's what they do). Especially when you get 7 points combined from Tilmon and Jontay Porter. Tilmon was okish, he had all 7, but one of those guys has to be doing a lot of work inside if no one is going to hit threes.

But still, a relatively close loss in the end and one you can actually call an upset against a P5 team is improvement from the trash the last few years. Eventually that's going to stop making me happy, but I'll stay with it as long as I can.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Am I allowed to say "gently caress Mizzou" or is it just petty.

gently caress it, I'll go petty. I'm glad Mizzou lost.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Ugh, Markell Johnson, a top-notch passer and one of the few players on the NC State roster who could hit a 3 with any consistency, was booked on an October charge of felonious assault. He'd been under mystery suspension for 4 games, so it wasn't going to be anything good, but this is especially bad and could obviously be the end of his career, much less his season.

I think Braxton Beverly and Lavar Batts will both become good ACC guards but they're going to get eaten alive trying to run the point this year. Ah well, this year's a gimme given how badly Gottfried hosed over both roster and player development.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Just saw ISU lost to KSU. Any hopes I had of this team making the tournament were just dashed. Going to be a rough year in conference.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
UK crushed UL yesterday 90-61 and it was glorious. That despite our best offensive player in Kevin Knox scoring just 8 points in 13 minutes before fouling out.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Sadly after today the excellent ACC standings for the past few weeks will be obsolete. Maybe the Noles will do everyone a solid though.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bryant mcintosh is hurt, :rip: northwestern

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kansas was lucky to have Texas early and hit ridiculous threes.

That team is dangerous and getting them early goes a long way to Big 12 title 14 in a row.

If Bamba played at Kentucky I’d be thinking about them making the Final Four right now.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

N: https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/report-minnesotas-reggie-lynch-found-responsible-in-sexual-misconduct-incident/

quote:

Minnesota center Reggie Lynch is facing a ban from campus until at least 2020 after an investigation conducted by the school found him responsible in a sexual misconduct incident, according to the Star Tribune.

The paper reported that Minnesota's Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EOAA) office began investigating Lynch last fall after a woman filed a complaint saying he assaulted her in his dorm room in April 2016. His suspension will begin Tuesday unless he appeals, according to the Star Tribune. Lynch can request a hearing with the Student Sexual Misconduct Subcommittee and remain on campus, if he wants. But, even then, it's doubtful he would continue to play for the Golden Gophers under these circumstances considering this has gone public and is at least the second time Lynch has been accused of sexual misconduct.

Lynch is averaging 10.1 points and 8.0 rebounds. The 6-10 forward is the reigning Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year. He finished with 11 points and 12 rebounds in Wednesday's 77-67 win over Illinois.

V: my school sucks

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Good news, the only decent PG the Tigers have is transferring for some reason.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/949304700268089345

Not sure why he played against South Carolina since I believe that means he's burned two semesters of eligibility now?

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
I think he's okay because the semester hasn't started at Mizzou yet. His transfer sucks, but I kinda expected him to transfer at the end of the year once MPJ left anyway.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Keita Bates-Diop is a good basketball player and has a cool name.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Good news, the only decent PG the Tigers have is transferring for some reason.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/949304700268089345

Not sure why he played against South Carolina since I believe that means he's burned two semesters of eligibility now?

Huh, the decision to not give CJ Roberts some minutes and force him to redshirt which made him transfer looks pretty lovely now. I don't doubt he was worse than Harris, but he'll surely end up better than Geist or Phillips.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I thought the home team was supposed to get favorable reffing in NCAA? Mizzou's bigs get taken out of the game with a ton of phantom calls. I guess you gotta be a blue blood to get the Phog effect

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

According to Twitter this was the first time Auburn beat ranked opponents in consecutive games since two years before Bruce Pearl was born.

About to be ranked for the first time in almost 15 years.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
See ya Marv

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Tech ranked #8. Highest ranking since 1995 and only the second year in school history that the team's appeared in the top 10.

Tech plays OU in Norman and WVU in Lubbock this week. 1-1 on the week proves we deserve the top 10 ranking. 2-0 and Tech will be ranked top 3. Tech's style of play matches up well vs WVU, taking them to OT twice last season, so it should be a good one on Saturday.

VS OU, Trae Young should have come to Tech. This team is a title contender with the supporting cast we could have provided Young. We'll see how Tech guards him. We've got 4-5 dudes in the 6'4"-6'6" range that'll probably man up, but I expect him to still get his points. Limiting the rest of the team will be the key.

Dr.Donkeypunch
Sep 8, 2003

Ask me about ironing shirts.
Grimey Drawer
The Big XII is an absolute powerhouse this year. As much as it pains me to say it, I think it's finally the year KU's conference winning streak ends.
WVU is as complete as I ever remember them being, and they'll be playing for a #1-2 seed in the NCAA Tournament.
Texas Tech is phenomenal, and will compete with WVU for first place in the Big XII.
The Oklahoma Trae Youngs look great.
Kansas is very good, but lack the rebounding prowess needed to compete. They were out-rebounded 42-28 at TCU, 44-29 vs TTU, 44-38 at Texas. Azubuike is their most reliable rebounder, but he's hurt and only plays 20-25 minutes/game. They can beat anyone when they're hitting their 3's, but unfortunately if they aren't shooting 40+% from 3, they'll lose to the likes of Tech, WVU, and Oklahoma. I foresee a 3rd or 4th place finish in the Big XII for KU this year, and a 5 or 6 seed in the Tournament. If they get Billy Preston and DeSouza in rotation, they may fare a little better, but too much of the year is gone for them to come in and make an impact before mid-February at the earliest.
Baylor, Oklahoma State, Texas, and TCU can all upset anyone at home.
Kansas State is tenacious and may prove to foil some of the better teams, especially at home.
I haven't seen enough of Iowa State to comment one way or the other, but it seems like it may be a down year for them.

Teams are going to come out of conference play in March bloodied, bruised, but ready to do some serious damage in the NCAA tournament.

Going to be a fun next few months.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

It's a way down year for ISU this year, although the last two games they lost in OT, so they're not awful. They probably end the season with just 6 or so conference wins. Too much turnover on the roster, and lots of young guys getting playing time.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Purdue got up to 5 in the AP poll before losing at Michigan and Minnesota this week and will be dropped to 19th by next Monday. still enjoying that top 5 while it lasts

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

The Great Autismo! posted:

Purdue got up to 5 in the AP poll before losing at Michigan and Minnesota this week and will be dropped to 19th by next Monday. still enjoying that top 5 while it lasts

Fully expecting a giant turd to be dropped in Crisler, but if they lose to the walking corpse of what's left of Minnesota something went horribly wrong.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

PotatoJudge posted:

Fully expecting a giant turd to be dropped in Crisler, but if they lose to the walking corpse of what's left of Minnesota something went horribly wrong.

it's in the barn, that's what went wrong

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
We'll win at the barn, just one of our best players will tear his ACL

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bird in a Blender posted:

Just saw ISU lost to KSU. Any hopes I had of this team making the tournament were just dashed. Going to be a rough year in conference.

I just want to make the NIT and end up the 69th best team in America.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Good article about Chris Beard if you're into that sort of thing.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I have a hard time believing Michigan will beat Purdue with Wagner at less than 100%, if they can't drag the two giant guys out of the post it's going to be a long night.

However, anyone who isn't hyped to see HAAS VS TESKE 1 V 1 as a Godzilla style battle can get out

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

kayakyakr posted:

Good article about Chris Beard if you're into that sort of thing.

Another piece that fellates the piece of poo poo

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Lessail posted:

Another piece that fellates the piece of poo poo

Still feel bad about that Lessail :(

Timing is everything.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

kayakyakr posted:

Still feel bad about that Lessail :(

Timing is everything.

It's not timing, it's a history

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Of terrible timing. I'm sure someone's going to back a truckload of cash up this offseason and he's gonna be an enemy of tech athletics as well.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Yeah maybe he'll push your players out and when he leaves use that as a justification too

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

In case anyone thought Reggie Lynch would play again someone else came forward today so now that's three alleged sexual assaults on him.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I feel like escaping with a 1 point win is enough to drop us like 5 spots

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Boilers, bitch

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
TV Teddy up to his old tricks last night. Or maybe new ones actually.

https://twitter.com/rixryd/status/950907712644272128

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If Self manages to somehow win the Big 12 again he should be given coach of the year.

This team is a house of cards.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

kiimo posted:

If Self manages to somehow win the Big 12 again he should be given coach of the year.

This team is a house of cards.

Which one will get accused of being a sexmonster and end the whole season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Donkeypunch
Sep 8, 2003

Ask me about ironing shirts.
Grimey Drawer

La Brea Carpet posted:

Which one will get accused of being a sexmonster and end the whole season?

Mitch Lightfoot.

He’s a shady sumbitch. It’s in his eyes.

• Locked thread