Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Rotten Tomatoes, a review aggregator, reports that 17% of six surveyed critics gave the film a positive review

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_v._Search_Warrant A suit against the warrant itself, since neither the police who executed it nor the State of Missouri who issued it had committed any unlawful action.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

cloud-to-butt wins again

In the interstellar butt, two opposing forces are at work. The gas pressure, caused by the thermal movement of the atoms or molecules comprising my butt, tries to make my butt expand, whereas gravitation tries to make my butt collapse. The Jeans mass is the critical mass where both forces are in equilibrium with each other.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Sagebrush posted:

cloud-to-butt wins again

In the interstellar butt, two opposing forces are at work. The gas pressure, caused by the thermal movement of the atoms or molecules comprising my butt, tries to make my butt expand, whereas gravitation tries to make my butt collapse. The Jeans mass is the critical mass where both forces are in equilibrium with each other.

:perfect:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

This is a list of estimated global populations of Carnivora species. This list is not comprehensive, as not all carnivorans have had their numbers quantified.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
The fable has been used mostly in contexts where a strong team is needed for success, like in sports or in Agile software development.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Considered for deletion, but still...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eating_Tide_Pods

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

holy loly

pretty well sourced for what is a hopefully blip on the cultural radar. itd probably fall off the radar faster too, if it wasnt a wikipedia article

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
someone trained a neural network to generate new wikipedia article titles

quote:

Popal chickens
List of U.S. pants
List of the Hamburgers
Category:Athletes with maps
Why Inited States
Evil chicken
Liquid cheese
List of bands with pies on them
Ant Fields are bear hair fetishism
Monster Diseases
Why Won’t Space
Tire bear (country)
What hoop
This page is a very short article
Poople who don’t have beer from sydney
Goat that cookie
Near Dogs
Donkey words in the cartoons
Poople who woo wah the pilot
Death of chicken
What is the day
What fame butt
List of fictional characters with the ball
Who is not leaders
List of parps
Proper programming language
Turdis programming language
Article with a cat
Friends and existence
How to draw a coconut
Tree donkey
Category:People who can’t speed
Panapple
Beer for chickens
Tree Wars
Pants
tag urself. im the turdis programming language

http://aiweirdness.com/post/169309161212/wikipedia-articles-invented-by-a-neural-network

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

FMguru posted:

http://aiweirdness.com/post/169309161212/wikipedia-articles-invented-by-a-neural-network

bookmark the markov thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3764241&pagenumber=68#post479927026

(im still gonna goat that cookie)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

FMguru posted:

im the article with a cat

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FMguru posted:

fame butt checking in

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
:buttfame:

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Google announced the Pixel 2 series, consisting of the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, on October 4, 2017.

Display: 5.0" AMOLED display with 1080×1920 pixel resolution (Pixel 2); 6" P-OLED display with 1440×2880 pixel resolution (Pixel 2 XL); Both displays have Corning Gorilla Glass 5
Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
Storage: 64 GB or 128 GB
RAM: 4 GB LPDDR4X
Cameras: 12.2 MP rear camera with f/1.8 lens, IR laser-assisted autofocus, optical and electronic image stabilization; 8 MP front camera with f/2.4 lens
Battery: 2,700 mAH (Pixel 2); 3,520 mAH (Pixel 2 XL); both are non-removable and have fast charging
Materials: Aluminum unibody design with hybrid coating; IP67 water and dust resistance
Colors: Just Black, Clearly White or Kinda Blue [only available through Verizon in the United States] (Pixel 2); Just Black or Black & White (Pixel 2 XL)

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

quote:

The titles use green 'computer' lettering similar to Ghost in the Shell and The Matrix (which are from a later period and anachronistic for the 1980s).

:rant:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Green YOSPOS best YOSPOS.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Carbon dioxide posted:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Carbon dioxide posted:

undoubtedly, but the thing is some wikipedo thinks that the matrix invented green-on-black screens so this show (about the early days of home computing in the uk) was anachronistic for using it in it's titles

(this is the show by the way and it's p. yospos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXBxV6-zamM

and it gets weirder with every passing year as martin freeman gets more and more famous)

oh and the greentext they use was literally created on a bbc model b, one of the main subjects of the show, ffs

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Carbon dioxide posted:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Carbon dioxide posted:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Anagrams
Hoot, Htoo, hoot, thoo, toho

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

The story centralizes with you being a Chosen one for a Biometal or in japanese ライブメタル ¨Live Metal¨ by the name of Model A that is capable of Mega-Merging with you and absorbing DNA from the bosses you defeat, the story varies slightly depending of the character you choose, if you choose Grey you will wake up in an Abandoned Laboratory, if you choose Ashe you will already be awake and in a Hunters airship, the rest of the game centralizes in you having to go to various locations in order to know ¨Who you really are¨ and generally stages are long, at the second half of the game, you are presented with a second set of levels that contain more story.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
Kenneth Turan of the Los Angeles Times added to the positive sentiment by saying the film "glows with heat. Lava heat. The coast may be toast, but it's the lava, covering everything like a malevolent tide of melted butter, that makes this a disaster picture that's tastier than usual."[19]

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
surprised that he didn't manage to shoehorn chocolate lava cake in there

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The term Six Sigma (capitalized because it was written that way when registered as a Motorola trademark on December 28, 1993)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sham bam bamina! posted:

The term Six Sigma (capitalized because it was written that way when registered as a Motorola trademark on December 28, 1993)

Unix (/ˈjuːnɪks/; trademarked as UNIX)

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evander_Berry_Wall

quote:

A journalist named Blakely Hall judged that Wall had won the "Battle of the Dudes" against Robert "Bob" Hilliard, another sartorial dude when, during the March Blizzard of 1888, he strode into a bar clad in gleaming boots of patent leather that went to his hips.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

incredibly not useless

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
want those boots pretty bad rn tbqh

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

The Big Word posted:

The story centralizes with you being a Chosen one for a Biometal or in japanese ライブメタル ¨Live Metal¨ by the name of Model A that is capable of Mega-Merging with you and absorbing DNA from the bosses you defeat, the story varies slightly depending of the character you choose, if you choose Grey you will wake up in an Abandoned Laboratory, if you choose Ashe you will already be awake and in a Hunters airship, the rest of the game centralizes in you having to go to various locations in order to know ¨Who you really are¨ and generally stages are long, at the second half of the game, you are presented with a second set of levels that contain more story.
this isn't "post the most helpful thing you can find on wikipedia" :rolleyes:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Another recurring element in the film is a drunk man, usually seen laughing uproariously at whatever event has just occurred. He is always accompanied by his dog. At the end of the film, it is revealed through narration that the drunk died of alcohol poisoning during the final confrontation between the antagonists and protagonists. He also states that the drunk was "[his] master", implying that the dog has been the narrator of the entire film. Andy Klein of the L.A. City Beat called this the film's "best joke".

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

RZApublican posted:

Another recurring element in the film is a drunk man, usually seen laughing uproariously at whatever event has just occurred. He is always accompanied by his dog. At the end of the film, it is revealed through narration that the drunk died of alcohol poisoning during the final confrontation between the antagonists and protagonists. He also states that the drunk was "[his] master", implying that the dog has been the narrator of the entire film. Andy Klein of the L.A. City Beat called this the film's "best joke".

Battlefield Baseball owns, though

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Grassy Knowles posted:

Battlefield Baseball owns, though

just continuing the one post trend of best/most useful things on wikipedia

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
In the game Borderlands 2, the character Gaige claimed in her personal ECHO recordings that her project (that would eventually be known as Deathtrap) would make her classmate Marcie Holloway's miniature thermosonic generator look like an interocitor. Given the interociter's status as something beyond the current understanding of technology, it is unclear how this constitutes an insult.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
The initial motivation for the study was a request from his colleague, zoologist H. M. Peters, to shift the time when garden spiders build their webs from 2am5am, which apparently annoyed Peters, to earlier hours.

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

Another theological dispute in the 5th century occurred over the teachings of Nestorius, the Patriarch of Constantinople who taught that God the Logos was not hypostatically joined with human nature, but rather dwelt in the man Jesus.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Tommah posted:

Another theological dispute in the 5th century occurred over the teachings of Nestorius, the Patriarch of Constantinople who taught that God the Logos was not hypostatically joined with human nature, but rather dwelt in the man Jesus.
that crazy wikipedia, having information on a thing that happened...?

not sure what the funny part is supposed to be unless the idea of a heresy is enough to split your sides

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
From a dude on Tumblr I follow: I will see your articles on Pokemon, and raise you articles on individual chairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Trig Discipline posted:

i have no idea what ansex is but it sounds like prescription buttfuckin’

oldthinkers unbellyfeel ansex