Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

Here's a hint, anything with the slightest taint of real emotion is horseshit dreck compared to John Wick or The Raid II.

I suspect you'll make some enemies badmouthing John Wick in the TFF chat thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If goons have issues watching Dragon Ball because the power scaling isn't realistic enough for their taste, I don't want to know what their opinions are on mainstream movies.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

You're right, I was thinking about arrested development when I wrote fox!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

seiferguy posted:

If goons have issues watching Dragon Ball because the power scaling isn't realistic enough for their taste, I don't want to know what their opinions are on mainstream movies.

#piccalodeservedbetter

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I suspect you'll make some enemies badmouthing John Wick in the TFF chat thread.

Let's be clear I'm badmouthing Cinema Discusso not John Wick or the Raid and their groundbreaking Hammer-fu

edit:

seiferguy posted:

don't read the Star Wars or Game of Thrones threads. Unless mapping out Westeros and timing ship travel and raven flight speed is your jam.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/_rone/status/950535659026034688

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Quiet Feet posted:

I didn't much like garbanzos the one time I put them in my chili recipe, but then again my chili is half cheap canned ingredients from Aldi so :shrug:

Nothing wrong with Aldi, those cheap canned ingredients are basically the same as name brand.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

You mean my ICSA chili contest entry?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837557

Here's the full ICSA thread which had a bunch of entries
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3833926

And here's the best and winning entry, "Advanced Chilosophy"
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837693

These all look fuckin crazy

Wish I had a grill to roast peppers for stuff like this (yes I can do it inside but it's not the same and also smokes up my apartment)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

^

kiimo posted:

Let's be clear I'm badmouthing Cinema Discusso not John Wick or the Raid and their groundbreaking Hammer-fu

edit:

don't read the Star Wars or Game of Thrones threads. Unless mapping out Westeros and timing ship travel and raven flight speed is your jam.

while not grasping concepts of it just jumped forward a week sure.

Also this James Damore dude will make bank off this lawsuit because Google are probably going to have to settle.

He got sent to mandatory diversity training and wrote his memo in response to being asked for input as to why women aren't attracted to or successful in tech jobs. His response was fully referenced with peer reviewed studies and circulated for a while before it got leaked and republished with the citations and bibliography removed.

I'm not advocating what he wrote or what he's become in terms of the current cultural climate but the dude is less some kind of evil mysoginist and more a dude who literally has aspergers regurgitating information without adequate or proper context to the wrong audience at the worst possible time.

He probably has legitimate grounds against why he was terminated since he wasn't terminated when he circulated the memo he was fired after it leaked and the response that came from it.

Also dark is really good on Netflix. Watch it with subtitles not dubbing though.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

BlindSite posted:

Also dark is really good on Netflix. Watch it with subtitles not dubbing though.

Oh yeah I should've mentioned that. Definitely subs over dubs for Dark.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The best CD thread I ever read was a discussion of equilibrium.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

The best CD thread I ever read was a discussion of equilibrium.

Such a good trash movie. The writers whole career is pretty much cool movies that were kind of poo poo at the same time. Impressive in a way.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

BlindSite posted:

Also this James Damore dude will make bank off this lawsuit because Google are probably going to have to settle.
I'll have to disagree since the memo he sent out to the entire company was extremely tone-deaf

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ultraviolet was complete lunacy.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

kiimo posted:

TVIV is at least better than the movie lists.

Please see Cinema Discusso if you are unsure what movies suck and what movies deserve Best Picture.

Here's a hint, anything with the slightest taint of real emotion is horseshit dreck compared to John Wick or The Raid II.

Everything is horseshit dreck compared to the John Wick movies.

I could watch Keanu headshot people and mispronounce foreign words forever.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
re: figure skating. I present a clip where the announcers are confused by music. Kind of adorable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eoEctPNGNw&t=24s

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

a neat cape posted:

I'm finally gonna do it.

I'm gonna finish season 2 of Mr Robot

Well, season 3 was definitely better, so you've got more catching up to do. :)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

I came here to post about football and murder people who dislike John Wick; and there ain't no football till Saturday.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Gotta wait a week for my new glasses but it's worth supporting small business :911:

BlindSite posted:

He got sent to mandatory diversity training and wrote his memo in response to being asked for input as to why women aren't attracted to or successful in tech jobs. His response was fully referenced with peer reviewed studies and circulated for a while before it got leaked and republished with the citations and bibliography removed.

I'm not advocating what he wrote or what he's become in terms of the current cultural climate but the dude is less some kind of evil mysoginist and more a dude who literally has aspergers regurgitating information without adequate or proper context to the wrong audience at the worst possible time.

He probably has legitimate grounds against why he was terminated since he wasn't terminated when he circulated the memo he was fired after it leaked and the response that came from it.

In California, unless his employment agreement specifically says otherwise, he can be fired for any reason. e: his memo also looks like a satirical response, at best, for why women should stay in the kitchen, so I don't think it's the kind of answer Google needed. It's like writing a career essay in high school about smuggling turds and wondering why you got sent to the principal's office. He probably failed diversity training (yes, it's possible).

I don't think Google will settle. They will with the ladies, though.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jan 9, 2018

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Allen_Clifton/status/950541338285572103

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

They were saying boo-urns

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Leperflesh posted:

You mean my ICSA chili contest entry?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837557

Here's the full ICSA thread which had a bunch of entries
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3833926

And here's the best and winning entry, "Advanced Chilosophy"
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837693

Yup! Thanks

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/sportingnews/status/950540110403121152

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

:lol: Sounds the way it would if the refs just hosed Alabama on a TD

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Gotta wait a week for my new glasses but it's worth supporting small business :911:

In California, unless his employment agreement specifically says otherwise, he can be fired for any reason. e: his memo also looks like a satirical response, at best, for why women should stay in the kitchen, so I don't think it's the kind of answer Google needed. It's like writing a career essay in high school about smuggling turds and wondering why you got sent to the principal's office.

Like I said his memo isnt something I agree with but his goal was more to illustrate and put forth into the discussion that there's reasons why people apply for and excel in jobs or don't beyond discrimination and the big bad evil of the white man. Something that if equality of opportunity is your goal ought to be addressed or at least tabled for discussion.

He just really the wasnt the guy to do it and really went the wrong way about it.

This seems to be a lot less a guy getting sacked for cause and a whole lot more about Google wanting to be seen doing the right thing after he did what he thought was asked of him.

After all the other embarrassment caused by corporate leaks I really doubt they want their internal memos to become public. They'll throw a few mill his way in exchange for him to gently caress off.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/harryhibby/status/950540769118613504

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

That no good son of a bitch disrespecting the anthem and are troops!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

drat, I'm watching this game now

BlindSite posted:

Like I said his memo isnt something I agree with but his goal was more to illustrate and put forth into the discussion that there's reasons why people apply for and excel in jobs or don't beyond discrimination and the big bad evil of the white man. Something that if equality of opportunity is your goal ought to be addressed or at least tabled for discussion.

He just really the wasnt the guy to do it and really went the wrong way about it.

This seems to be a lot less a guy getting sacked for cause and a whole lot more about Google wanting to be seen doing the right thing after he did what he thought was asked of him.

After all the other embarrassment caused by corporate leaks I really doubt they want their internal memos to become public. They'll throw a few mill his way in exchange for him to gently caress off.

That's fair. I was looking at it from a "can he be fired for this?" angle instead of the much more logical "how will this hurt Google?" angle.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Nothing to see here everyone

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/950537358134403077?s=17

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Chichevache posted:

I came here to post about football and murder people who dislike John Wick; and there ain't no football till Saturday.

Well there's a college game of some importance but unless I hear about a meteor I don't care who won.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

kiimo posted:

Please see Cinema Discusso if you are unsure what movies suck and what movies deserve Best Picture.

Those movies rule though

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Of course it’s Clay Travis

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

CannonFodder posted:

Well there's a college game of some importance but unless I hear about a meteor I don't care who won.

Word. One of the managers on my project halfway through this relatively important discussion today got this real serious look on his face and said "I'm just so worried about Georgia". I couldn't stop laughing once I figured out what he was talking about. He's never once mentioned anything about football.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Of course it’s Clay Travis

Hahahaha

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

3 DONG HORSE posted:

drat, I'm watching this game now

All the cool parts already happened

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Ultraviolet was complete lunacy.

there was an Ultraviolet anime that was more popular than the movie

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

kiimo posted:

CineD never had a child molester for a mod.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

mods need to change thread title to dawgs

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

My goodness the comments...I thought Clay was an idiot...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The twist!

https://twitter.com/IvankaTrump/status/950561402053447685