Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
publishko
Feb 16, 2014

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

FPS ladder animations are fun.

I love seeing how games handle ladders. My favorite is Fallout 3, which just didn't bother and faded to a loading screen whenever you tried to climb one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Barudak posted:

Leg, Leg, and Bond Jr. make the three secure points

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Barudak posted:

I seriously love this and The World is Not Enough for being 100% shameless attempts to recapture Golden Eye

Like, for real, Goldeneye was a coup because FPS on consoles sucked until it came along. Can't really capture that particular lightning in a bottle again.

If they ever make Bond games again (lol), they should just shameless ripoff Alpha Protocol.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
If they really wanted to recapture GoldenEye they need a mode where 4 people can run around throwing knives that are hard to aim and have terribly small hitboxes with instant kills on

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

ElNarez posted:

more like You Only Sting

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Like, for real, Goldeneye was a coup because FPS on consoles sucked until it came along. Can't really capture that particular lightning in a bottle again.

If they ever make Bond games again (lol), they should just shameless ripoff Alpha Protocol.

Jumping Flash had the controls for a console FPS down pat, but uh, nobody in America played Jumping Flash

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

"JUST YOU AND ME"

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
really a new Bond game should be an MGS-like in most ways, I'd think. But who knows if anyone cares to try

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

wow, nice message from maddox, guess he's not so bad a guy after all

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Why does this sequence of chasing someone down a tunnel in minicars make me think it's something out of Austin Powers?

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
They need a soundboard for future marathons

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
They already made two perfectly good 007 games after Goldeneye called No One Lives Forever and No One Lives Forever 2.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Roflan posted:

Why does this sequence of chasing someone down a tunnel in minicars make me think it's something out of Austin Powers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLKR9tCiwvA nothing wrong with that

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Roflan posted:

You may want to sit down for this but, austin powers and james bond have a lot in common.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I played this game for maybe an hour before I simply understood this was no golden eye or perfect dark. It was that hallow and dumb.

Similarly i walked out of Austin powers 3

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Rogue Warrior is the true Goldeneye sequel

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so, this was literally a rail section in a bond gun barrel tunnel

okay

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Aw, the pipes in this on-rails segment are configured like rifle barreling from Bond title openings.

That's cute.

e: ^^ curses!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Roflan posted:

I wish this era had had a bad Austin Powers shooter that combined mission gameplay with no sense of humor or charm but occasional low quality audio clips from Mike Meyers.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
LIQUID!

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Well, ya but Austin Powers is supposed to be aping Bond. I didn't think Bond started taking ideas from AP.

publishko
Feb 16, 2014
MGS3 is the peak of James Bond video games and is in fact better than every James Bond movie as well.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Hahahahahaha

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Tragic that the Bond sting didn't hit after somebody said 69.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The villain used the NO SIGNAL to escape the cutscene death!

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Rirse posted:

The villain used the NO SIGNAL to escape the cutscene death!

...who is the villain again? What plan are we stopping?

All I see is Bond mass slaughtering dudes and occasionally blowing something important looking up.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

All I see is Bond mass slaughtering dudes and occasionally blowing something important looking up.

He has a liscense to kill, not investigate

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Oh my this game is like the uncanny valley of a game

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dr No Signal

FUCKIN DOY

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

grand theft grotto posted:

I wish this era had had a bad Austin Powers shooter that combined mission gameplay with no sense of humor or charm but occasional low quality audio clips from Mike Meyers.

close enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J19YbJJo8GU&t=6617s

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Barudak posted:

He has a liscense to kill, not investigate

Just once it'd be fun to watch a Bond film edited to follow this rule.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

This is definitely a spiritual successor to a Rare game cuz that Bond theme constantly playing after every mission reminds me of "Time to get moving!" after every Blast Corps mission. :downsgun:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

"I lost so many runs to this"

This is a legit sadness when you run games yourself, you see someone with amazing marathon luck and are made of pure jealously for months afterward

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

I know this was going to be Austin Powers pinball before I clicked the link. There was also this pair of awful game boy color things that I hesitate to call games.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Not gonna lie, this looks like a lot more fun than Bioshock: Infinite, which this boat level reminds me of for some reason.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
that's overkilling as gently caress

Barudak
May 7, 2007

grand theft grotto posted:

Just once it'd be fun to watch a Bond film edited to follow this rule.

I don't understand why there isn't a Bond film thats one obscenely long, violent and destructive chase that ends with Bond exfiltrating from a helicopter and sweeping over the carnage he wrote while he smugly says "For Queen and Country. Well, mine anyway"

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Zip-lining down to save the day with the grace of coasting forklift.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Remember, clones have all the memories of the thing they're cloned from. Thats a fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
...the plot of this game is literally a filler mission from the Yuri's Revenge expansion for Red Alert 2.

• Locked thread