Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

reasonable, but i'm gonna rectify that

hey everyone!

SHOUT OUTS TO COOL MOMS!!!!

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mother brain having makeup is too hosed up

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

please tell me this run will be at estimate

end this loving run please

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Your Computer posted:

Whether or not AGDQ is a scam, I think it's completely a fair complaint that they do absolutely nothing to actually point out that the charity does practically nothing in the way of actually "solving/curing" cancer.

It's fine to like awareness charities or to assume that they're doing some good in the world, maybe they even are. But when a huge portion of the donations, year after year, are along the lines of "Let's kick Cancer's rear end", "We're going to beat cancer!" or "Let's make it so others don't have to suffer" etc, then it's clear that there's a tonne of people that aren't aware their money is being used for pamphlets rather than research. If they had an actual disclaimer, or actually discussed that it's a fairly worthless charity, or if they gave us options to donate to other charities, I think that'd be a lot more reasonable.
PCF does seem to fund grants for research into early detection, so they're a bit more useful than that. Sure, it's not the best charity (and, personally, I give more to SGDQ because MSF is a much better charity in general), but it's not some sort of massive scam.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

ullerrm posted:

Catching up on runs last night, and the Risk of Rain run is really worth watching. Even if you don't know the game, the run is really well executed, and the runner is great at explaining. Couch doesn't say much but it's really obvious that they're hugely excited about the game and the run, which is always neat to see.

I watched Risk of Rain (I was up from Serious Sam 3 onwards) but as I am totally unfamiliar with the game, I was pretty confused why/how it was impressive, so I kinda tuned it out. Sorry!

I love cool moms though

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

reasonable, but i'm gonna rectify that

hey everyone!

SHOUT OUTS TO COOL MOMS!!!!

hell yes, my mom is pretty cool, shout out to her

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
last time someone got bent harder than the poor kid in the right of that couch it was during the sam and tolki thing

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Risk of Rain is a pretty cool run if you've played the game and if you haven't played it yet go buy it because it's cheap and rad.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Dias posted:

last time someone got bent harder than the poor kid in the right of that couch it was during the sam and tolki thing

Personally I was hoping for the couch to rumble then explode at the sides and dump everyone on their rear end at some point.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

All that kid has you do is slide his rear end back, lean back and hang his right arm across the back of the couch and he'd be straight up ballin but he scared of girls

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Are we sure bent-over kid is awake?

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

beep by grandpa posted:

All that kid has you do is slide his rear end back, lean back and hang his right arm across the back of the couch and he'd be straight up ballin but he scared of girls

He is committed to avoided human contact

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Regy Rusty posted:

Mother brain having makeup is too hosed up

You have to put on your best face when you facetime with all the other Nintendo Villains.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

girls can be pretty scary tbf

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Incoherence posted:

He's moving, so he's not dead.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
This training I'm at is basically like GDQ except instead of mocking bad runs I'm chilling with a dude on the phone as we both mock bad customers, it kinda owns

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

TeaJay posted:

I watched Risk of Rain (I was up from Serious Sam 3 onwards) but as I am totally unfamiliar with the game, I was pretty confused why/how it was impressive, so I kinda tuned it out. Sorry!

I love cool moms though

RoR was basically a nice compact package of optimizing as much of the game's RNG as they could, and playing very very well (with the Glass artifact no less), optimizing enemy spawns, and getting basically perfect uncontrollable RNG too.

I can definitely see how it's not appealing to anyone not familiar with the game though. that said the runners had good energy and it was a quick run so hooray!

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Incoherence posted:

i mean he's talked a lot so we're assuming so (mostly forced jokes or various bad comments including making the runner sound bad)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'm basically sticking this run out just because Mario 3D World is after.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

can’t believe that I come back after two hours and right guy is still in that position

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
Hey, my donation got read! I'm AndyJRetro.

I donated at the very beginning of this run. They must be really scraping the bottom of the barrel for donations.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Bent kid and silent kid from Burnout Paradise should be permanent couch members.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

tyblazitar posted:

i mean he's talked a lot so we're assuming so (mostly forced jokes or various bad comments including making the runner sound bad)

no, that's just air being squeezed out of him. also, there's no off screen runner, lass on the right is a great ventriloquist

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Soup du Jour posted:

can’t believe that I come back after two hours and right guy is still in that position

About 45 minutes in we heard a sickening CRACK and he hasn't moved since.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Praise God it's almost over. Someone shake right guy a bit and see if it respinds

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Bent kid and silent kid from Burnout Paradise should be permanent couch members.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

when do they save/kill the animals

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

tyblazitar posted:

girls can be pretty scary tbf

Same but emotionally

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Quotey posted:

no, that's just air being squeezed out of him. also, there's no off screen runner, lass on the right is a great ventriloquist

great enough that she doesn't even need a mic, impressive!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Majuju posted:

when do they save/kill the animals

Save the Meryls was last night!

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

What about the two corpses from inFAMOUS

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

Same but emotionally

good luck on your date tonight beep by grandpa

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

tyblazitar posted:

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
The donations totally died during this run. Less than 8k for Metroid lol

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
AIRPORT SHUTTLE REFERENCED AWKWARDLY

did anyone catch what right lady whispered after that?

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

"SHoutouts to the...*unintelligible mumbling of a joke then a chipmunk escapes their mouth and starts squeaking*

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

tyblazitar posted:

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
oh no the estimate is coming up

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They're not even on Phaaze yet oh god are we going over time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

I'm pretty sure the silent kid from Burnout Paradise was just the runner's kid or little brother, and was just there for moral support.

• Locked thread