Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Someone on Reddit dug up some old interview where apparently they said they were just having employees work on this game in between other, more important projects. It's pretty plausible IntSys expected this to be a side revenue stream that would be dead inside of a year and either only recently or never devoted resources to it commensurate with its popularity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Andrast posted:

It’s weird to me how a game can be making so much money but has seemingly barely any resources invested into it to keep it making money

Most of the money I imagine goes to the artists and VAs. Especially considering that FE does use two VA casts and the Western side has quite a few pretty prolific ones with multiple roles, like Matt Mercer. There's not a lot of lines per character, but in a cast that's getting close to 200 characters that adds up.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Andrast posted:

It’s weird to me how a game can be making so much money but has seemingly barely any resources invested into it to keep it making money
You should look into the King of Fighters game. It plays itself and just keeps introducing stuff to buy, and yet its revenue is massive.

Just fanbases man.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I am reasonably certain I will play this game long after I declare it dead

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Rascyc posted:

I've used Nowi for as long as I can remember and I went from TA3/whatever to Fury 3/Moonbow when the QP seal came in, back to TA3/Glimmer until I got a bike and switched to Steady Breath/Aether with a distant def seal. I really can't remember a time when Nowi was lacking under any of these setups, the final setup is just much more blase to covering against everything.

I'd say the only time I was kind of meh about Nowi was when I had to run Bowbreaker. QR is just too important at the end of the day for her.

I'll caveat that I don't play much at t20 ATM, still deciding what mega merge projects I want to take the plunge on but Nowi is definitely a leading candidate.

After playing around with various options I actually ended up on fury and glimmer (no free moonbow), and she's getting QP as Rein's out :toot:

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
My guess was that they wanted to keep the holidays relatively clear for their employees. For the week or two after the December (?) update, they wanted to keep the schedule free in case there were release issues (those who worked with releases on a service model (as opposed to product releases/launches) should be familiar with this). Now they're probably spinning things back up again, and having the anniversary looming so soon doesn't help.

On an unrelated note, I'm begging you whales to instead spend your money buying more Warriors DLCs, thanks in advance. More DLC sales = KT makes more DLCs = more Warriors maps reruns.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Counterpoint: The Warriors DLC takes the worst part of FEW (the roster) and dials it up to 11

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I'm guessing at least the weird town thing mentioned in the survey is in the works, but I bet it doesn't make the anniversary

facepalmolive posted:

My guess was that they wanted to keep the holidays relatively clear for their employees. For the week or two after the December (?) update, they wanted to keep the schedule free in case there were release issues (those who worked with releases on a service model (as opposed to product releases/launches) should be familiar with this). Now they're probably spinning things back up again, and having the anniversary looming so soon doesn't help.

On an unrelated note, I'm begging you whales to instead spend your money buying more Warriors DLCs, thanks in advance. More DLC sales = KT makes more DLCs = more Warriors maps reruns.

All the DLC for warriors has already been outlined since its release. We'll have a pack in February and the third & final pack in March.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'd be astonished if anything in the survey makes it before the summer. I'm an optimist who doesn't learn from disappointment so I'm gonna guess that a third rotating game mode will show up in the next week (maybe even tomorrow, since people who log in every day are running out of log in bonuses tomorrow) and that it'll have NYCorrin as a reward.

e: actually there's no way there'll be a new game mode without a feh channel so I dunno what the gently caress is going on with Corrin

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I'd be astonished if anything in the survey makes it before the summer. I'm an optimist who doesn't learn from disappointment so I'm gonna guess that a third rotating game mode will show up in the next week (maybe even tomorrow, since people who log in every day are running out of log in bonuses tomorrow) and that it'll have NYCorrin as a reward.

e: actually there's no way there'll be a new game mode without a feh channel so I dunno what the gently caress is going on with Corrin

End of month tempest trial, probably

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

rannum posted:

All the DLC for warriors has already been outlined since its release. We'll have a pack in February and the third & final pack in March.

Oh I'm aware since I have the game. It just needs more DLC so we can continue to suck on the sweet, sweet nectar of Warriors maps.

(Also I wouldn't mind more non-sword movesets. Or an archer moveset that is actually fun.)

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I hope they release a new banner soon. I got really lucky with nabbing NCamilla and NAzura in like 30 orbs so now I'm sitting on 100 with nothing I care about.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Golden Battler posted:

I hope they release a new banner soon. I got really lucky with nabbing NCamilla and NAzura in like 30 orbs so now I'm sitting on 100 with nothing I care about.

As I said via comment live on AGDQ: Vanessa (and/or L'arachel) when.

fairlight
May 18, 2007

My flier team is Cordelia, NY Azura, NY Camilla, and Spring Camilla. I also have a neutral IV hinoka in my box along with a bunch of the usual 3-4* suspects like Palla, Est and Cherche. I just managed to get really insanely lucky and pull 3 more NY Azuras. should I merge them into my original (which is +spd -def I think) or save them to mulch for Hone Fliers?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It depends entirely if you want to stay in tier 20, or save them if you're content on the tier 19-20 bouncing.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

As I said via comment live on AGDQ: Vanessa (and/or L'arachel) when.

After Micaiah because Radiant Dawn has exactly one person right now

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Bold prediction: Radiant Dawn banner when they announce the new smash to celebrate Ike returning

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Sanaki was such a weird pick, too.
First Radiant Dawn character, still the only RD-specific character after almost a year, first tellius character before even Ike, released within the first month of the game on a banner themed around siblings because of a plot reveal you only find out near the end game and whose sibling is not actually in said banner.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tae posted:

It depends entirely if you want to stay in tier 20, or save them if you're content on the tier 19-20 bouncing.

my favorite part about bouncing between 19 and 20 is that every other week i don't even care about my arena score except that i break 4k for the maximum feather bonus

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

The White Dragon posted:

my favorite part about bouncing between 19 and 20 is that every other week i don't even care about my arena score except that i break 4k for the maximum feather bonus

:same:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
5060 in arena and 5072 in AA, AA wasn't too bad this week even though I lost the first round like 5 times in the beginning due to dancer fucker but after that it was surprisingly smooth

+10 Xmas Tharjas are a menace on that oasis defense tile map though

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I saw 100 new posts just today and expected there to be new heroes or something but no it was just u nerds arguing about the wet fart oc fjorm

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
the best kind of arguing because no one really gets upset.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

After I 5 +10 Fir (and Cordelia is now at +4, slowly but surely), I kinda want to build up my favorite Fates people in this game.

But Felicia, Leo, and Oboro are so... mediocre.

What would any of them fulfill in-game?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Felicia is a (non-Raven) mage tank. Leo is basically the only red horse mage if you want to make a horse team. Oboro is a decent bulky lancer if you don't have a Lukas or Shiro.

But really if you +10 Fir you can dedicate yourself to any favourite.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

ApplesandOranges posted:

Felicia is a (non-Raven) mage tank. Leo is basically the only red horse mage if you want to make a horse team. Oboro is a decent bulky lancer if you don't have a Lukas or Shiro.

But really if you +10 Fir you can dedicate yourself to any favourite.

Felicia and Oboro will be my next two projects I think. I need more mage tanks beyond Lute and Titania, and I just like Oboro.

Fir isn’t meta-changing or world beating, but my Arena team doesn’t get defenses until she’s in there. She really ties the room together.

Also Fir was one of my favorites in Binding Blade, so I owed it to her to make her good.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Oboro is good actually

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I maintain that Fir with DC is pretty good

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Im still sad that the Jakob with good art is so bad

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Slow bulky characters are good across the board at +10 because defensive stats outscale offensive stats with merges

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

This is on my friends list

Oboro: yet another mediocre melee hero who wants Distant Counter

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Slow bulky characters are good across the board at +10 because defensive stats outscale offensive stats with merges

Fast bulky characters are where it's at imo

fCorrin works great

ATK is for losers

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Andrast posted:

I maintain that Fir with DC is pretty good

Fir without DC is pretty good too.

One day I’ll get a Hector.

Or maybe IS will read my suggestion of allowing special weapons to be inheritable for Devine dew or something.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Just give us a dc seal already like come on, it's the single most desirable skill in the game and comes from exactly one (1) source

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Just give us a dc seal already like come on, it's the single most desirable skill in the game and comes from exactly one (1) source

That would make so many characters viable

Also a QR seal so I can actually use some other B-skill on non-fast characters

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Elyv posted:

This is on my friends list

This oboro sucks lol

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
There's also this florina that makes me go, girl.... why...

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

FartingBedpost posted:

Or maybe IS will read my suggestion of allowing special weapons to be inheritable for Devine dew or something.

They're not even letting you upgrade hero-locked weapons that you can pull at 4 star like Binding Blade and Parthia, if this happens it won't be for a while

also speaking of desirable A skills I just pulled an off-banner BIke, is it only the slow dragons who want Steady Breath?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Oboro is good actually

Elyv posted:

Elyv posted:

They're not even letting you upgrade hero-locked weapons that you can pull at 4 star like Binding Blade and Parthia, if this happens it won't be for a while.

I can dream