Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Brother Entropy posted:

that reminds me i hope we're all ready for this game to inspire the next generation of 'finger puzzle' metltdown posts

I've already seen a shitload of them from DBZ fans who are mad this isn't Budokai 4 or whatever.

SRK is probably closing because even they don't want to deal with the influx of bullshit that's bound to come their way when this game comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Open Marriage Night posted:

Anybody get the PS4 theme that comes with the pre order? Gonna go physical unless it can compete with the FFVII one.

its kinda ugly imo but i'm addicted to rez infinite

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

:five:

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Finally watched the BoG movie and it was pretty fun. Especially bingo, MY BULMAAAAAAAAAAAAA, and Goku's version.

Gonna watch eps 15-18 and then jump to after RoF since I've already seen the movie.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there a write up/run down of the characters that were in the beta? Vegeta and Goku seem really similar from what I've seen.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

fadam posted:

Is there a write up/run down of the characters that were in the beta? Vegeta and Goku seem really similar from what I've seen.

Dunno 'bout a write up, but Maximillian Dood on youtube has some vague breakdown videos for most of the characters in the beta

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Chaotic Flame posted:

Finally watched the BoG movie and it was pretty fun. Especially bingo, MY BULMAAAAAAAAAAAAA, and Goku's version.

Gonna watch eps 15-18 and then jump to after RoF since I've already seen the movie.

The Resurrection F episodes are worth watching for one specific character.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
I pre-ordered this through amazon. How do I go about getting a code for the Beta?

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

the culminator posted:

I pre-ordered this through amazon. How do I go about getting a code for the Beta?

I think you cancel your Amazon preorder and buy a digital copy through PSN or whatever the XB1 marketplace is.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Coca Koala posted:

I think you cancel your Amazon preorder and buy a digital copy through PSN or whatever the XB1 marketplace is.

Keep in mind that will only get you the extra day, the beta is open to everyone on xbone/ps4 for the other two days

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Hit trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=2b9WSwQaHUA

worth clicking just for hit's theme

hit is apparently big into jazz

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 10, 2018

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chaotic Flame posted:

I will tell you that you are in an area of the anime where the animation quality was rather poor. They VASTLY improve. The most recent arc in DB Super has some of the best art in an anime I've seen.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you wanna see more of a bunch of the animators from the recent arc of dragon ball super, watch some precure

https://sakugabooru.com/data/b66c761a4bb3633e8456f6dc2500f134.mp4

https://sakugabooru.com/data/e5c55a9329d04ed7c209dda7cacf8712.mp4

https://sakugabooru.com/data/419f873556f7674d22cf92199fca6ee1.webm

they're both toei joints so a lot of the animators who have done the highlights of super got their starts doing fight scenes for precure.

cure flora for dlc.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It was funny to watch the girly show having that animation consistently, and then thirty minutes later the one ostensibly for guys looked way worse. I think that season was going on around the movie arcs.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Oh hey, it's the all of one well animated fights from Happiness Charge.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

Oh hey, it's the all of one well animated fights from Happiness Charge.

hey i never said happiness charge was good

Justin_Brett posted:

It was funny to watch the girly show having that animation consistently, and then thirty minutes later the one ostensibly for guys looked way worse. I think that season was going on around the movie arcs.
go princess? yeah. honestly the early db super stuff just seems like a perfect storm of bad planning. Honestly, just airing the movies on TV a few times with some random filler stringing them together would have probably been a better idea.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Endorph posted:

hey i never said happiness charge was good

heh. just taking the piss, yo.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

What console are you guys getting this on? I am probably going to get it on steam. Hopefully the netcode is good.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm going for PS4

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
same

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ulio posted:

What console are you guys getting this on? I am probably going to get it on steam. Hopefully the netcode is good.

the personal computer console

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Countblanc posted:

the personal computer console

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kinda curious, Majin Buu's level 3 lets him steal life back from a enemy. Do any other characters have similar abilities or is it exclusive to him?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm going for PS4

:yeah:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Kinda curious, Majin Buu's level 3 lets him steal life back from a enemy. Do any other characters have similar abilities or is it exclusive to him?

Ginyu technically steals an enemy's entire life.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is there a timer on ginyu swapping or is it permanent? Can he hop to a second character and if so can you toss out an assist and make him go back to his own body accidently?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Real hurthling! posted:

Is there a timer on ginyu swapping or is it permanent? Can he hop to a second character and if so can you toss out an assist and make him go back to his own body accidently?

Sounds like it's permanent since you gain all the new character's specials

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I think once Ginyu swaps he just inherits the movelist of the character he swapped with, so he doesn't get to use bodyswap a second time. The person who becomes Ginyu loses access to the Ginyu force summons and also can't use bodyswap either, which is 75% of Ginyu's movelist.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Real hurthling! posted:

Afaik after ginyu swaps it's permanent, you're playing as the other character now and they're playing as ginyu without the ginyu force or body change moves, just one special and one super (shoulder check and milky cannon)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Aww. It would be cool if you could keep the transform command as your level 3 but the opponent had ways if loving you over with a frog

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It doesn't steal poo poo, but Krillin's assist is a healing senzu bean I think.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Real hurthling! posted:

Aww. It would be cool if you could keep the transform command as your level 3 but the opponent had ways if loving you over with a frog

:agreed:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Ulio posted:

Steam my dude

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Real hurthling! posted:

Have we seen footage of anyone intentionally whiffing body swap before?

Or hell, what happens if you body swap your opponent's assists when they come out? :getin:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
We've seen it miss, yes. He just, well, misses.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

:flaccid:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Ginyu seems like he will be a hilariously bullshit character.

... I am going to main him.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maining Ginyu seems like a nightmare because learning a matchup also means learning how to play as the other character. So you have to know the entire cast front to back to get a handle on 1/3rd of your team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I think Ginyu will probably be strong enough where you can get by without swapping constantly, especially since it seems like the move will require either specific setups or only work as a big punish tool (though with people throwing out random supers on day 1 this'll be pretty easy to do initially). It'll obviously be important to learn a lot of the cast if you try to take Ginyu to the top but 90% of people will probably be fine just learning some of the most popular characters