Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Flipperwaldt posted:

It's a disjunctive pronoun, just like it would be in French in that same context. If English had a stressed form for "you", that would be used as well. Similar to how you'd never use "I" and "he" in the following:
me: blah blah
him: bleh bleh

With the note that in French specifically "elle" remains "elle" when stressed because the stressed form is the same, in the same way how in English the stressed form of "you" is "you".

Nice, TIL. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Looking for the post where a goon describes what Evangelicals think the book of Job in the Bible is about and compares it to what it actually says.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
I have never read a post like that, but I’d like to.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

ConfusedUs posted:

I also won’t ever be tired of Darkseid casually reminding others that the concept of ownership does not apply to them, for all is Darkseid’s

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Particularly all barcaloungers

Phy posted:

When I sit, it is with three billion asses! When I pull the lever to raise my feet, it is with three billion hands! When I shift to make myself more comfy, it is with six billion glutes!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Kumo posted:

The South doesn't have most of the military bases though. United States military bases are dispersed pretty uniformly across the nation (although Naval installations are more clustered near the shore in some states), possibly as a way to ensure the survival of one or more installations remaining in Federal control in the event of a rebellion or nuclear strike.

http://www.military.com/base-guide/browse-by-location

As much as people poo poo on the South, no one wants secession because of the massive problems it entails for everyone involved; and no nation-state tolerates the annexation of its territory idly.

Big Beef City posted:

Naval bases tend to be located near SHORES you say?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
It's true. Also, a surprising number of air force bases border the atmosphere.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
This rabbit hole goes deep my friend. Wait til you learn where they keep their army bases...

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Karate Bastard posted:

This rabbit hole goes deep my friend. Wait til you learn where they keep their army bases...

In their sleevies?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

People think of the South as having a lot of military installations, because you hear a lot of complaints when the government forces you to move to Georgia rather than San Diego, Hawaii, or Seattle.

The joke in Oklahoma was that because it had a big military installation presence and was also the Indian Country at the end of the Trail of Tears, almost everyone who lives there was forced to by the government at some point.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

In their sleevies?

GODDAMNIT

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

President Beep posted:

Do people actually drive while wearing those loving things?

Blue Train posted:

It must be liberating for a dog to be the one running people over for once

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Imagine being the stoner who ordered that night

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Ride The Gravitron posted:

lmfao

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Serves them right for ordering Papa John's.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Big Beef City posted:

Naval bases tend to be located near SHORES you say?

While this is funny, there is Navy stuff not near any water. :eng101: Flagstaff Arizona has one of the Naval Observatories. In a landlocked state at 7,000 ft. I've been there during an open house they had once, neat place.

I wonder if there is a limit for what someone could see while high to get them to stop smoking.

Alternately:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKDccUFqmDQ

PirateDentist has a new favorite as of 00:45 on Jan 9, 2018

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Imagine getting a handful of kibble for a tip.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Blast of Confetti posted:

isnt gorka the edc dweeb that parks on the curb and has an art of war plate? god i hope he's done some illegal poo poo

TotalLossBrain posted:

Yep that's him. He's also an EDC dork.

Alan Smithee posted:

John Prick 2

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

WTF is going on with that vest? Did he steal it from a shorter, fatter, dumber Soviet Citizen? Don't wear daddy's clothes Gorka.

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

du -hast posted:

Does anyone have the post that was about changing the thermostat.

It's a long rant about how the guys wife keeps putting a lamp under the thermostat, and they have a long argument about it, and it ends with "and I would have that argument a thousand more times rather than lose her" or similar

edit: nevermind, here it is agian:

This reminds me of Mil Millington's Things My Girlfriend and I Have Argued About site (and book!).

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

That70sHeidi posted:

This reminds me of Mil Millington's Things My Girlfriend and I Have Argued About site (and book!).

whoa, deep cut

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Outrail posted:

WTF is going on with that vest? Did he steal it from a shorter, fatter, dumber Soviet Citizen? Don't wear daddy's clothes Gorka.

I didn’t know McLovin was Russian.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

link!

quote:

Margret's four-hundred-and-fifty-second most annoying habit is to stealthily turn off the central heating (then light the gas fire in the room she's in, natch). I'll suddenly notice that, sitting typing at the keyboard, I can see my own breath while from the bedroom one of the kids will call out, 'Papa, I can't feel my legs...' And I'll shiver down the stairs to find the central heating set to 'Summer/Hypothermia/Cryogenic Suspension,' and Margret in the living room watching the TV in a door frame warping furnace.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Well that's my afternoon gone :suspense:.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well that's my afternoon gone :suspense:.

Anyone have that in checklist form? My gf and I are going to spend some time with it.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Trig Discipline posted:

Yeah if Game of Thrones taught me one thing it's that pushing bran can result in a shitstorm.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

Man, the cyberpunk dystopia is here, only instead of hot half-cyborg Asian chicks and seedy Japanese diners, it's some underpaid nerd in an office trying to cope with 100,000 infected webcams sending billions of dickpicks per second and crashing the servers because we as a race can't have nice things.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Jeza posted:

eyes glazed, watching mom on dad's dick for the twelfth time

writes on notepad: interesting

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

gary oldmans diary posted:

john malkovich as lennie small was the superior idiot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR2Uon5BWC0

why is gary sinise always paired with those guys? the stand, of mice and men, forrest gump :tinfoil: gary sinise is the go-to retard companinion. hes holding my hand right now in fact

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
gently caress I hate it when I'm tricked into clicking links to the hellthread :(

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The best part is that none of this is said in jest:

Jukebox Hero posted:

"Ugandan Knuckles" sucks, you think it's just a bunch of goofy, weird talking gremlins, then you learn the title and find out it's a racist thing

Ceciltron posted:

Everyone loves tiny weird knuckles: the knuckles that is tiny and weird.

We regret to inform you that tiny weird knuckles is racist.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

mind the walrus posted:

The best part is that none of this is said in jest:

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/741904787361300481

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The Illuminati went down to Taco Bell, looking for some Baja Blast,
They were so drat angry, 'cause they was hangry,
They was lookin' for a cheap repast.
When they came across this fat man
Chewing on a taco so spicy-hot
And the Illuminati dunked their hickory sauce and said,
"Boy let me tell you what:
I guess you didn´t know it, but we're foodies too,
And if you'd care to take a dare,
We'll make a bet with you
Now you gorge on them chalupas pretty drat good,
Boy, but give the Illuminati their due
We'll bet an empenada of gold against your soul
'Cause we think we binge-eat better than you"

The fattie said, "My name's Chuck, and it might be a sin,
But I'll take your bet, you're gonna regret,
'Cause I'm the best there's ever been"

Chuck, refill your Coke and down them Crunchwraps hard,
'Cause hell's broke loose in Taco Bell and the Illuminati deals the cards
And if you win you'll get this shiny empenada made of gold,
But if you lose, the Illuminati gets your soul!

The Illuminati opened up the take-out bag and they said, "We'll start this show"
And cheeto-dust blew from their fingertips as they unwrapped their combo
They poured the fire-sauce across their food and it made an evil hiss
Then the midnight to 4am cleaning crew joined in,
And the chewing sounded something like this

When the Illuminati finished, Chuck said,
"Well you're pretty good, old son
But sit down on that stool right there
And let me show you how it's done!"

Fire on the grillers, run, boys, run
The Illuminati´s in the house of the day-old buns
Chicken on the KFC-side, fried up to order,
Granny get your food here, make a run for the border.

The Illuminati bowed their heads because they knew that they'd been beat
And they laid that golden empenada on the ground at Chuck´s feet
Chuck said, "Illuminati, just come on back
If you ever want to eat again,
I done told you once, you sons of a bitch,
I eat the best there´s ever been"

He played,
Fire on the grillers, run, boys, run
The Illuminati´s in the house of the day-old buns
Chicken on the KFC-side, fried up to order,
Granny get your food here, make a run for the border.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
IIRC the "do you know de wae" lines were originally just referencing a so-bad-it's-good low budget Ugandan action movie, so while the accents weren't cool to do, it wasn't maliciously racist. I'm pretty loving sure the director didn't have people yelling "EBOLA! EBOLA! I HAVE EBOLA!" and spitting and clicking at people in his movie though, thanks gamers.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Theophany posted:

I specifically look for houses with optimal making GBS threads acoustics when looking for a place to live. I want to be playing a symphony in brown and I want everybody to hear its magnificence.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Danaru posted:

IIRC the "do you know de wae" lines were originally just referencing a so-bad-it's-good low budget Ugandan action movie, so while the accents weren't cool to do, it wasn't maliciously racist. I'm pretty loving sure the director didn't have people yelling "EBOLA! EBOLA! I HAVE EBOLA!" and spitting and clicking at people in his movie though, thanks gamers.

What movie? I love weird low-budget films.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Eela6 posted:

What movie? I love weird low-budget films.

Apparently it was "Who Killed Captain Alex?". Google lists it as having a budget "Estimated to be $200"

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Ugandan action films are made on the tightest budget imaginable, but they're made with a genuine love for the genre and it shows.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Go watch it. I'm like 1000000000000% sure this is going to be the highest ROI movie ever made expressed in percent from YouTube revenue alone. Click it! Take part in history being made!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
The Ugandan film industry is super fascinating from the perspective of someone who works in the American film industry. They shoot feature films for a few hundred dollars, and they do it in a few weeks. They churn them out like comic books, so they're often highly topical. It's a really different and cool way of doing things.