Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serf
May 5, 2011

the atlanta episode has been scrubbed from memory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I was there, it didn't seem that bad. There were good bits! Just a parade of idiots taking over the show to talk about their cheese Daddy at the end and the brothers not being assertive enough to tell people to stop going up uninvited

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Travis deserves huge props for being the one to finally put his foot down

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The question so bad they had to invent a new rule where they take two questions

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Man, I'm actually genuinely intrigued to hear the thing that finally broke them and made them institute more than 1 rule to audience questions. I almost hope they do release it this week.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well the funny thing is they actually did issue the second rule that night "your question has to be a question" and most people adhered to that. Except one guy who once he asked it, three or four people uninvited kept coming up and adding their spin culminating in them very uncomfortably luring Griffin to the edge of the stage to show him pictures on their cell phone.

So that's where they came up with the "grab two people and ignore one if necessary"

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Cheese daddy ruled

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I really don't get the guys who try to preface their question with like, "okay so this is kiiind of a bummer" or "I swear there's a question at the end of this, but first". Even if you really do have a bit of a bummer or just want to tell a rambling anecdote, what's the point of trying to awkwardly get their permission beforehand? If you really "have to" (you don't), get up there and just break a rule, they're not going to give you carte blanche beforehand and you're just guaranteeing the questionwill be seen that way.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Because, historically, every time people don't preface their grey-area question with a disclaimer then the brothers cut them off to question if what they're saying is a bummer / an actual question

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
stop taking live audience questions and instead make a disclaimer that if they don't get enough emailed in questions or yahoos, they will just let travis do an episode of schmanners to fill time.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Invite Tybee on to do a song and dance number, if questions aren't emailed in.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

stop taking live audience questions and instead make a disclaimer that if they don't get enough emailed in questions or yahoos, they will just let travis do an episode of schmanners to fill time.

Travis will compose a live sadlib by taking audience shoutouts

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Have someone else screen the questions. It seems pretty simple to me. Call them up by name/nickname.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

papa horny michael posted:

Invite Elliot Kalan on to do a song and dance number, if questions aren't emailed in.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

I don't think Shmanners is enough of a threat. Let him do a run-on Sad Lib.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
If it's not a question then Griffin brings back monthly observances

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

drat I went to Yahoo answers to see what kind of stuff they have that night be good to send in, haven't been in a really long time, it's like 90% alt righters trying to ask rhetorical questions to own the libs.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I went there a while ago to look for some sensible chuckles, and started digging into one of the top rated Yahooist's post history. What I found was tens of thousands of questions about whether this or that was a good baby name. Just, is Michael a good name for a boy, is Jessica a good name for a girl, multiple times a day, every day, for years.

Yahoo Answers is like the Overlook Hotel of the internet, except it drives you to madness faster and has more dudes getting blown by dogs.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Yahoo will always have Todd, though, so there's hope.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

One I saw but then accidentally couldn't find again that would be a great final yahoo.: "Hello I'm new here?"

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

SpacePig posted:

Yahoo will always have Todd, though, so there's hope.
I milkshake ducked Todd a while back actually. Sorry.

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jan 9, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They uploaded an edit of the two Chicago shows.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm dying at the seven parrots.

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Al Borland Corp. posted:

drat I went to Yahoo answers to see what kind of stuff they have that night be good to send in, haven't been in a really long time, it's like 90% alt righters trying to ask rhetorical questions to own the libs.

Yahoo has been a fringe-conservative hellhole for over a decade. This is that makes the handful of Answers submitters true heroes.

Signor
Oct 10, 2005
Huzzah!
If you're Griffin, at what point do you go to a Doctor and ask, "my body is broken, how do i fix it, so i'm not constantly sick." I don't think i've heard an anecdote or show that hasn't involved him mentioning bad bowels, dayquil or just overall sickness.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
the sweet baby brother just has a bad constitution

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Legs Benedict posted:

Yeah a constitution score of around 6

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
He exists in a state of perpetual cacheblasting.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Everything gives him diarrhea and he can't make it through a one hour show without a piss break. Boy maybe needs to change his diet

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
tbf in this case it sounds like literally everyone in the mcelroy family is sick

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

If Griffin tried Justin's bean diet, he would pop like a balloon. Guts and Amiibos everywhere.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

I think in one of the extra bits for the TV show the brothers were talking about their childhoods and how Griffin was basically a bubble boy/the boy from the Secret Garden with mysterious sickliness, so his health is just kinda like that

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

VanSandman posted:

Yeah a constitution score of around 6

So that's, what, a -3 modifier? -4?

e: Isn't his body also frail enough that he needs, like, 100 pillows on his bed?

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 10, 2018

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Legs Benedict posted:

According to a deleted scene from the TV show he has "brittle bird bones" and possibly "that disease that the boy in the secret garden had".

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

SpacePig posted:

It's a -2 modifier, but that's murder if you're playing a small hit die, and there's no way Griffin is rolling any larger than d6

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

SpacePig posted:

e: Isn't his body also frail enough that he needs, like, 100 pillows on his bed?
He needs them, for strength, and energy.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Speaking of Griffin's invalid body, he sounds like he's deeeep into that twelve hour pseudo trip on the jumbotron this week :catdrugs:

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Everything gives him diarrhea and he can't make it through a one hour show without a piss break. Boy maybe needs to change his diet

But I thought Blue Apron taught him A Better Way to Cook™.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Signor posted:

If you're Griffin, at what point do you go to a Doctor and ask, "my body is broken, how do i fix it, so i'm not constantly sick." I don't think i've heard an anecdote or show that hasn't involved him mentioning bad bowels, dayquil or just overall sickness.

Children are like little disease golems. He may never be healthy again until that kid moves out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

SpacePig posted:

I don't think Shmanners is enough of a threat. Let him do a run-on Sad Lib.

from the amount of people who go hog wild in live crowds when he pulls one out, i think this would be too much a treat for people like the nashville taz audience. schmanners is a threat, though now i want a schmanners live show that includes griffin and justin just ripping on trav's bad podcasts or moaning in pain while teresa and trav try to teach people how to use the proper fork. i just want a, "man this seems like it's going as well as bunker buddies, travvie."