Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I've never played Dark Souls before, so I am very much looking forward to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Montalvo posted:

I've never played Dark Souls before, so I am very much looking forward to this.

It's one of the best games I've ever played. The whole series is amazing.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

But where's the Demon's Souls Remaster so we can have both of the best Souls games on PS4, BB and DeS.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

In publishing rights hell

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They need to sort that out so that it becomes possible to play the entire series on PS4.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DeS is literally why my PS3 is still plugged in.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's not hell, Sony just owns the IP so it's entirely up to them. Miyazaki said as much in an interview a couple years ago

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Man, i wanted to like Dark Souls, but every time I try playing it I bounce right off.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Man, i wanted to like Dark Souls, but every time I try playing it I bounce right off.

Use a smaller weapon in enclosed spaces

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Ive been waiting to buy a dark souls game and now i know why

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

It's not hell, Sony just owns the IP so it's entirely up to them. Miyazaki said as much in an interview a couple years ago

I thought Atlus own the publishing rights?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They only published it in the US

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I started souls games when I got my PS4, so I loved all the ones available and never played 1.

Will it show excessive aging or will I love it? I mean 2 and BB were also PS3 level and those are still incredibly good remastered games.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DS1 has the greatest map in the series. You’ll love it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DarkS1 is the good game and then the future ones started to get worse until Bloodborne.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rolo posted:

I started souls games when I got my PS4, so I loved all the ones available and never played 1.

Will it show excessive aging or will I love it? I mean 2 and BB were also PS3 level and those are still incredibly good remastered games.

It was the last one I played, the first 2/3rds are great then it turns to trash after that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rolo posted:

I mean 2 and BB were also PS3 level.

What?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Rolo posted:

What the

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ignoring that weird statement, DS1 is still the best one in the series

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Pablo Gigante posted:

I remember about a year or so ago that From randomly tweeted this picture of all these copies of Bloodborne stacked together and at the very bottom was a copy of Demon's and since then I've been waiting for Demon's Remastered because God drat it From why would you tease me like that.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Bloodborne, the first PS4 exclusive to sell huge numbers of PS4s in its own right, is indeed PS3 level

?

?????

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
For that matter, what's in DS3 that's beyond PS3 level?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

They only published it in the US

maybe sony's unwilling to buy the na publishing rights from atlus

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Nintendo delivering that quality!

Can't wait to punch through the souls games again though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Digirat posted:

Bloodborne, the first PS4 exclusive to sell huge numbers of PS4s in its own right, is indeed PS3 level

?

?????

I think Bloodborne for as widely as it is praised here has only sold like 3mil copies worldwide. Crash 'N Sane trilogy has probably moved more PS4 consoles.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
That’ll teach me for writing a post before waking up fully. I just meant something along the lines of “dark souls is an older game, but they remastered BB and 2 really well, and they’re roughly from the same era.”

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

haveblue posted:

For that matter, what's in DS3 that's beyond PS3 level?

The graphics?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rolo posted:

That’ll teach me for writing a post before waking up fully. I just meant something along the lines of “dark souls is an older game, but they remastered BB and 2 really well, and they’re roughly from the same era.”

What BB remaster are you talking about ?!!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rolo posted:

bloodborne was and is a ps4 exclusive. there was never a remaster

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Plus refinement that may have come from making multiple entries. I liked 2 a lot but loved 3. It felt more polished.

I’ve also heard 1 is better than 2 anyways so I’m probably worried about nothing.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Manatee Cannon posted:

bloodborne was and is a ps4 exclusive. there was never a remaster

Oh oops, thought it was a PS3 game initially.

E: I am really cocking this up.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Visuals aside (it looks fantastic in some areas and like hot dogshit in others) DS1 is the best designed game even more than Bloodborne imo.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
So should I play the Dark Souls remasters and then BloodBorne or should I play BloodBorne first?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Morby posted:

So should I play the Dark Souls remasters and then BloodBorne or should I play BloodBorne first?

Bloodborne has nothing to do with the Dark Souls story, you can play it whenever.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Play them in order of ascending average frame rate

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Morby posted:

If you play Dark Souls first and then Bloodborne, BB will seem really hard. If you play BB first and then DS, DS will seem really easy

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Just play whatever's cheapest to see if you like the games. They're all pretty similar while none of them are clearly better than the rest in every way, so there's no right "order" to play them in and if you like one you'll probably like all of them. Everyone has their personal favorite though.

I think dark souls 1 is the easiest introduction, online notwithstanding (assuming they don't change how online works for the remaster)

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Play them in order of ascending average frame rate

going straight for blighttown doesn't seem like the best idea for a newbie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Sometimes you have to watch someone wade across the entire swamp without using any items and then one shot you to get the real DkS feel.