Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
I want a shower where I'm constantly afraid of cutting myself by touching the walls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

kid sinister posted:

When fuzzy toilet seat covers mutate.

:golfclap:

Jesus. I hope they used super-heavy-duty hinges on those cabinet doors that now way 25 pounds each.
I'm kind of disappointed in the oven door, now. It breaks the theme.

edit: Holy poo poo they liked rocks. Even the toilet is painted in faux rocks. They certainly committed to the theme.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jan 11, 2018

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Hey, they picked a theme and they god drat well committed.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

That house reminds me of old Young Adult book covers. Especially if it's a coming of age, totally average and ordinary girl's adventure with magic and a strange boy who may or may not be an Elf that wants to whisk her away to Fairy Land where she could live happily ever after. Bonus points for a potential divorce sub plot that's cured by the girl somehow.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

It's like a family of rock monsters exploded and rained their guts all over every surface in the house. Also, impossible to clean.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Ok, regardless of everything else, that garage door owns

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Why is the track lighting pointing at the windows?

This one is breaking my brain.

It's clear that some of the fabric is real and some is just painted on but my brain can't decide how much. Is it a fire hazard, or just a room with a completely bizarre ceiling shape? What is happening? Why is it happening?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Just imagine all of the bacteria and fungus growing in those porous surfaces. Hope no one ever spills milk or vomits before making it to the toilet, because those smells are going to be around for a long time.

Also after seeing some of those other images and the use of animal prints as well, this is a furry house isn't it?

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

You've got it all wrong, it's the easiest to clean! Just wheel your power washer from room to room and hose everything down.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Oh lord. Do click through on that link. Those photos sure are something.

I'm the mission ceiling fan in the goddamn enchanted forest of Tom Bombadil

One Legged Ninja
Sep 19, 2007
Feared by shoe salesmen. Defeated by chest-high walls.
Fun Shoe

Facebook Aunt posted:

It isn't. It's pointed at the walls between the windows. Duh.

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

One Legged Ninja posted:

It isn't. It's pointed at the walls between the windows. Duh.

I'm thinking it's pointing at the tapestries that typically cover the windows. I feel like the owner is not a lover of natural light.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt posted:

This one is breaking my brain.

It's clear that some of the fabric is real and some is just painted on but my brain can't decide how much. Is it a fire hazard, or just a room with a completely bizarre ceiling shape? What is happening? Why is it happening?

It looks like it's an attic room and it's just a painted design on a slanted ceiling. The real drapery is only over the window and around the doorway? which you can only see part of in the shot.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Google street from 2011 shows this exterior. The most recent sale was 2015. Someone bought this house like this and kept it the same. That is... unique...

Edit: this article was written during the previous listing http://www.citypages.com/arts/check-out-this-crazy-unique-house-for-sale-in-northeast-minneapolis-7394748

It sounds like the new owner is using it as a studio/bed and breakfast.

crazypeltast52 fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 11, 2018

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

crazypeltast52 posted:

Google street from 2011 shows this exterior. The most recent sale was 2015. Someone bought this house like this and kept it the same. That is... unique...

Not really. Blind people buy houses all the time.

Leviathan Song posted:

I'm thinking it's pointing at the tapestries that typically cover the windows. I feel like the owner is not a lover of natural light.

If God had wanted us to use natural light He wouldn't have invented Nikola Tesla. :science:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

The interior looks like they were trying to make a comforting habitat for a homesick gorilla

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
I'm afraid that someone crazy enough to decorate like that is crazy enough to show up years after it's sold and demand to inspect their masterpiece.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The Twinkie Czar posted:

I'm afraid that someone crazy enough to decorate like that is crazy enough to show up years after it's sold and demand to inspect their masterpiece.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

You could buy that house and put it on AirBNB and make bank.

Panthrax
Jul 12, 2001
I'm gonna hit you until candy comes out.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

The interior looks like they were trying to make a comforting habitat for a homesick gorilla

Next to the cougar habitat at a zoo or something?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Panthrax posted:

Actually, yeah, that would probably work out.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Where the Wild Things Drink.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

PainterofCrap posted:

Where the Wild Things Drink.

presumably at the Where the Wild Things Bar?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Leperflesh posted:

presumably at the Where the Wild Things Bar?

And It Stoned Me

stupid puma
Apr 25, 2005

I had a friend do a legit showing of that dump when it last up for sale. He said it was worse than it looked in the pictures. Aside from the decor, the general condition was apparently pretty poor.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

stupid puma posted:

I had a friend do a legit showing of that dump when it last up for sale. He said it was worse than it looked in the pictures. Aside from the decor, the general condition was apparently pretty poor.

Was it like something was weighing down everything, causing premature aging of the structure?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I can see the ceiling is painted, but still all I can see is a corner of fabric coming loose and lowering itself into the fan.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Panthrax posted:

Speaking of, I lost it at the tiger toilet. Then went "AAAAAA" at my phone when I got to the enchanted forest.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

My Lovely Horse posted:

I can see the ceiling is painted, but still all I can see is a corner of fabric coming loose and lowering itself into the fan.

I think that's actually just hanging in the foreground. If you follow the edge, you see it doesn't connect with the ceiling or fan at all. It's just in front of them.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Zil posted:

Was it like something was weighing down everything, causing premature aging of the structure?

Probably more that artsy people suck at anything besides their "art". See "art cars," and the stellar condition of them, for example. Maintenance, what's that?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I fuckin love this and would absolutely live in this place.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Yawgmoth posted:

Honestly, I like the house, if the rock-and-animal-print thing was toned down a whole lot. Like, the kitchen had just straight up stained wood cabinets, for example. I like rock as a building material, just not for every. freaking. surface. And no animal prints at all. Just complementing earth-toned paints and drapery. Basically, there was a good start here, then it just kept going straight into plaid.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Darchangel posted:

Probably more that artsy people suck at anything besides their "art". See "art cars," and the stellar condition of them, for example. Maintenance, what's that?

Would MotorTrend's Roadkill and Dirt Every Day's creations be art cars or...

However, they did spawn the wonderful Zip Tie Drags, which has somehow magically never killed anyone yet! http://www.roadkill.com/500-photos-from-the-2017-roadkill-zip-tie-drags-in-ohio/

By the way, if you have any interest in cars at all, and you haven't seen the poo poo they do on Roadkill's youtube series, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbbq4Vapp1Q

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
They oughta be committed for that theme.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Yawgmoth posted:

You missed out! It's not even in a bad section of town! It's next door to a golf course and basically in New Brighton!

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

You can even visit it!

http://wolfhousempls.com

The facebook page indicates someone is doing a documentary on the house as well!

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://i.imgur.com/Ruy7zy4.gifv

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I want to believe this was done on purpose just because it's that funny. Like, the dude installing it knew it would turn out this way and went ahead and did it anyways for laughs.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

Ok, regardless of everything else, that garage door owns

I'm 100% sure it conceals a '70s van with a wizard airbrushed on the side, which also owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Yawgmoth posted:

I want to believe this was done on purpose just because it's that funny. Like, the dude installing it knew it would turn out this way and went ahead and did it anyways for laughs.

Hey, I followed the measurements that were on the blueprint. Yeah, I saw it was off and easily fixed when I installed it, but gently caress you that was the measurements on the blueprint.