Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

J posted:

They should just let you bind as many flasks as you want to the same button on the in-game keybinds. A macro that pushes 12345 technically being against the rules is dumb as gently caress.

I'll just make a macro that pushes 54321, they'll never notice that. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Was it someone in here who said they were doing a searing bond chieftain? How is that working out?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Nice, finally have the map tab on sale.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
Also, if you use a logout macro, your character level doesn't count on HC. Little bitches. Just run t3 maps 100% of the time at level 90 like a man.

On a more serious note; I really dig the semi-strict Rodent. First time using anything over regular neversink and it's really a ton more relaxing.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

J posted:

They should just let you bind as many flasks as you want to the same button on the in-game keybinds. A macro that pushes 12345 technically being against the rules is dumb as gently caress.

To elaborate, a dev confirmed that technically a popsicle stick glued to your keyboard would be illegal, since it is "a client-side action that performs more than one server-side action"

In other news, loving giant spider barraged me to standard last night, getting mildly frustrated but not giving up yet...

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Zero VGS posted:

Also, side question, is there game that plays like Diablo, but is actually a controller-based twin-stick game where you can move and attack independently? In particular when I played Bastion, my first thought was "if this was done online like Diablo / PoE I'd never stop playing it".

Victor Vran should fit that quite well, though I doubt you will find enough variety or depth to keep playing it. But it's fine for a different take on the genre.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Jusupov posted:

The base + enchant was super expensive, and so was crafting the additional mine

I went ahead and slammed 45% cold res on it. Thought it was p ok at that point and slammed it again, this time with a chaos orb... Took another 300 alts to hit the additional mine again.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Hey at least you don't have to look at that ugly rear end 1 reflect damage anymore

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

MMF Freeway posted:

Hey at least you don't have to look at that ugly rear end 1 reflect damage anymore

Yeah the accuracy roll + hybrid accuracy roll really pull it together now

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

what's a good starter for this league

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

gc miner

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Acht posted:

Also, if you use a logout macro, your character level doesn't count on HC.

The proliferation of smashing a logout macro the moment anything looks scary + buying boss runs for everything past act 7 has always been kind of hilarious to me.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

ngamahu cyclone slayer clears well and is very survivable through t10, even with my garbage gear

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
my new favorite league starter is essence drain + contagion trickster, although it probably peters out earlier than the cyclone build mentioned above. it got me to mapping in hardcore SSF with very little effort, and it has minimal equipment needs at least for low levels

12 rats tied together posted:

The proliferation of smashing a logout macro the moment anything looks scary + buying boss runs for everything past act 7 has always been kind of hilarious to me.

this is funny because the only bosses that are scary to me are in act 7 (arakaali and gruthkul) and everything after that is cake until maps

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Venuz Patrol posted:

this is funny because the only bosses that are scary to me are in act 7 (arakaali and gruthkul) and everything after that is cake until maps

Act 8 doedre is the hardest boss in the gmae

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm still cruising at t11 maps with my ED contagion occultist first character

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

hawowanlawow posted:

I'm still cruising at t11 maps with my ED contagion occultist first character

Is there an MTX for ED that makes it have, like, any noise whatsoever

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Just crit all the time so your ED makes noise :eng101:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

TheRat posted:

Act 8 doedre is the hardest boss in the gmae

she was scary as hell the first time i went in blind, but since then i've found that if you spin the valve every time it's active she spends so much time switching phases that you can sustain as long as you need, even if your dps is super low

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm not sure how your supposed to avoid Gruthkul's absurd damage without being way overgeared for the fight.

It's usually a "do it when I have 0% exp in the level" fight for me.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Hey it only took 3 links out of it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I blew through the campaign until act 10 kitava who killed me like four times. I made the mistake of killing kitava before doing the merciless dungeon and izaro one shot me a couple times.

The only fight I've had to abandon was a t9 double map boss with increased movement speed. I don't remember which map but they had some kind of AoE wave that they would run up to me and cast as soon as I got into the arena. I died instantly like five times, wiped all of my XP, and didn't even get them down 10%

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'm not sure how your supposed to avoid Gruthkul's absurd damage without being way overgeared for the fight.

It's usually a "do it when I have 0% exp in the level" fight for me.

On my current character I lucked into a 5L drop in like act 6

So my method of avoiding damage was killing her before she could do anything threatening

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Jusupov posted:

Hey it only took 3 links out of it

nice chromatic

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
For what it's worth, I think Volatile Dead might be the safest build in the game outside of boss fights. If you wanna play casually, you can just spam them with Desecrate/SpellCascade and the homing orbs will fly around and kill mobs from 2 screens away. Is there anything else with a kill range that far besides Spark (which doesn't work as well/fast since it doesn't specifically home in)?

Edit: Also if anyone was wondering, the corpse explosions don't reflect damage, but the orbs definitely do.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jan 12, 2018

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Meme aside, would EQ or Sunder be decisively better for a lab running juggernaut or is it kinda six of one, half a dozen of the other?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Zero VGS posted:

Is there anything else with a kill range that far besides Spark (which doesn't work as well/fast since it doesn't specifically home in)?

Kinetic Blast, i believe, but :20bux:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ciaphas posted:

Meme aside, would EQ or Sunder be decisively better for a lab running juggernaut or is it kinda six of one, half a dozen of the other?

i think blade flurry would be better than both

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
How do you fight Arakaali as a melee?
2900 hp with shield and 5k armor doesnt do jack poo poo appearently as i was just shot to standard again.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Yolomon Wayne posted:

2900 hp with shield and 5k armor doesnt do jack poo poo appearently as i was just shot to standard again.

if you have to ask poo poo like this dont play hc imo

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Zero VGS posted:

For what it's worth, I think Volatile Dead might be the safest build in the game outside of boss fights. If you wanna play casually, you can just spam them with Desecrate/SpellCascade and the homing orbs will fly around and kill mobs from 2 screens away. Is there anything else with a kill range that far besides Spark (which doesn't work as well/fast since it doesn't specifically home in)?

Edit: Also if anyone was wondering, the corpse explosions don't reflect damage, but the orbs definitely do.

Ive got a 5 link shaper scepter for my VD links, and put cremate in my 5 link chest to deal with bosses. Pop all 3 volcanoes then a decoy totem and most bosses dont do poo poo.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 12, 2018

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Goa Tse-tung posted:

if you have to ask poo poo like this dont play hc imo

amazing answer broseph, really.
guess you awoke one morning and were basically alkaizer?

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Ciaphas posted:

Cleave is my choice over those two by a margin. Done it two leagues now on HC.
The cleave jewel giving Fortify is really good too.
Here's a video that explains it fairly well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hn40A0geuY

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

what is killing you

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Here's a vid explaining the fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLgtNp1V9MA

ps: Bring a Decoy totem to every fight as melee.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Acht posted:

Here's a vid explaining the fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLgtNp1V9MA

Ive wathced that, and i know that shes got a barrage, but it gets me every time and oneshots me. Guy in the video casually walks between the beams.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Ive wathced that, and i know that shes got a barrage, but it gets me every time and oneshots me. Guy in the video casually walks between the beams.

The barrage happens at 60% and is basically stationary, so you just move out with a movement skill.
Decoy totems eat it too, so there is no real risk.
The lasers are the things you casually walk between, yeah.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yolomon Wayne posted:

2.9k hp is more than anything Ive ever had fighting her. I wouldnt really count energy shield as life at that stage of the game though. Basically you need to dodge the lasers, and that's about it.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

TheRat posted:

2.9k hp is more than anything Ive ever had fighting her. I wouldnt really count energy shield as life at that stage of the game though. Basically you need to dodge the lasers, and that's about it.

The laser grid is not the problem, the barrage is.
I wait for it, after she shoots i go in for some damage, she just shoots again and im done.
I guess i go too close, maybe i need to outsource some damage to totems, warchief or so.

Its funny, in softcore i just dps my way into maps with half that health and half the time i dont even die. Maybe i just overthink it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
are you leaving your chaos resistance at -20%? save a few rare equipments or rings with chaos resist and life and wear them specifically for that fight. bring an amethyst flask too and save it for when she starts shooting lasers