Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Lol @ this angry thumb description

https://twitter.com/pointlesslettrs/status/951775012578525184

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

I actually like smash.

gently caress the lot of ya.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

The Deleter posted:

The council house is okay but my mental image of it always include the last bastion of Pokemon Go players hanging around outside it and whatever winter village/fake beach/Ferris wheel they've got out front every few months.
Nottingham is cool and I have had fun nights out there, but I have found very few areas of it that don't look like garbage. Doesn't help that I have a lovely view of the Broadmarsh car park demolition right now.

I can smell the smoke too, it's wild. Guess I'm taking the bus to work for a few weeks.

where do you work

asking for a friend

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Here's where we learn they've been working in the same office this whole time.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

MikeCrotch posted:

where do you work

asking for a friend

Castle Wharf. Easy access to pubs. :cheers:

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
It happened to me and feedmegin, to be fair.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tesla was right posted:

It happened to me and feedmegin, to be fair.

I like to imagine you'd both been browsing SA all day and trying not to let each other see because you didn't want to get reported for slacking off, until you realised.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
I actually noticed him not-surreptitiously browsing the forums while I was surreptitiously browsing the forums. Didn't know he was a UKMTer, though.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Tesla was right posted:

I actually noticed him not-surreptitiously browsing the forums while I was surreptitiously browsing the forums. Didn't know he was a UKMTer, though.

Yeah we only actually figured out each other's names on here some years after I'd left that job and moved several hundred miles away.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Have a nice tweet

https://twitter.com/JamieRoss7/status/951795062547107840

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Have twitter images stopped displaying in the awful app for anyone else?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I put parsnips in my mashed potatoes. I await judgement by the ukmt council of Correctness.

E:

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Yup, it's a right pain. I'm using android.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Yeah. Twitter embedding has always been a bit fucky though.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this guy worked for the tories in the election lmao

:decorum:

https://twitter.com/Messina2012/sta...D458%23lastpost

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Yup, it's mega shite. Especially as I'm currently exiled to the Awful App as I'm a dipshit who can't remember his password and can't get a new one emailed to him.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Jedit posted:

It should be noted that as council by-elections a double digit percentage swing to Labour also indicates a double digit vote swing to Labour.

This is often true in off-year Local elections anyway!

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Yeah it's a twitter-side change in their image embedding which the app hasn't been updated for

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Awful seems to be using a lot of data for me as well. Anyone else seen that?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Jose posted:

this guy worked for the tories in the election lmao

:decorum:

https://twitter.com/Messina2012/sta...D458%23lastpost

For context, this is functionally identical to Tories getting super excited about Corbyn winning the leadership contest. Only, y’know, morality-flipped (I feel that’s pretty safe to say even if you don’t like the US Democrats).

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Gort posted:

Awful seems to be using a lot of data for me as well. Anyone else seen that?

No, but there's an awful.apk thread in inspect your gadgets where they might be able to help

They know about the twitter images thing

Oh and Farage has uturned on a second referendum, having got himself back in the news

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

For context, this is functionally identical to Tories getting super excited about Corbyn winning the leadership contest. Only, y’know, morality-flipped (I feel that’s pretty safe to say even if you don’t like the US Democrats).

Even funnier is the Clinton campaign borrowed a strategy used by Claire McAskill, a Democrat from a generally-Republican state who literally trolled the GOP into nominating Todd "legitimate rape" Akin as their candidate so she would have an potentially-winnable senate election. Clinton's campaigned did the same to Trump assuming he would be the easiest to beat in the general election and welp

owned

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I mean maybe he was the easiest to beat, it just turns out Clinton was a bit poo poo.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well yes, but it also meant Clinton lost to the worst possible Republican instead of someone mediocre like Jeb!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

Here's where we learn they've been working in the same office this whole time.

Welp.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

Well yes, but it also meant Clinton lost to the worst possible Republican instead of someone mediocre like Jeb!

I'm sure there was a crazy right wing Christian who would've been worse than Trump, purely be dint of being ideologically driven and not quite as incompetent.

My one hope from Trump, similar to my one hope from Brexit, is that they end up neutralising some of the arguments that spawned them and end up radicalising (in a good way) a generation of left wing Millennials.

I mean part of the reason I think Farage now wants Brexit cancelled is that it has provoked an actual debate about the merits of immigration and other supposedly terrible EU scourges, and people are starting to discover that these things are a bit more nuanced than just closing the borders and suddenly everything is great.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I think it's more likely that Farage has discovered that he's not on the telly as much as he'd like and will say anything to get back there.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-42663518

hosed up that they fined a surgeon one month's salary and didn't jail them for loving with people under anaesthesia.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

So do you? Lol

Double lol if one is the other's boss

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

jBrereton posted:

hosed up that they fined a surgeon one month's salary and didn't jail them for loving with people under anaesthesia.

How much do you think surgeons earn?

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

jBrereton posted:

Have you not realised that's how this country works for those with money?

We're the same nation that can't look into Yarl's Wood rape camp because it might hurt their profits.

:toot:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Party Boat posted:

I think it's more likely that Farage has discovered that he's not on the telly as much as he'd like and will say anything to get back there.

is his daily radio show not enough for him?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

jBrereton posted:

That and 120 hours community service. I think the judge's decision was appropriate.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Renaissance Robot posted:

What :psyduck:

Who was it said that America basically elects a king every four years? Cause that seems to be distressingly accurate. Like isn't the whole point of separation of powers that you don't want any one clique of people to just do whatever they like unchallenged?

I thought the point of separation of powers was that yes, they literally do elect a king for four years but the king is only supposed to have specific powers they can exercise that are independent from the legislature and the judiciary.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Pound_Coin posted:

Have you not realised that's how this country works for those with money?

We're the same nation that can't look into Yarl's Wood rape camp because it might hurt their profits.

:toot:

Consultants get a starting salary of under £80k after about 14 years training, and they have a punishing workload like everyone else in the NHS. I would never claim they are badly paid, but can we not lump doctors in with the idle rich? I'm a doctor, and while I have many privileges I don't think I have nearly enough money for the criminal justice system not to apply to me.

I can understand people being angry with the guy, but he didn't cause any physical harm and didn't act out of any malice towards the patient. He's clearly an arrogant prick who betrayed the trust of people under his care, but I think prison would be a little harsh. A hefty fine and community service seems reasonable to me.

jabby fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jan 12, 2018

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

jabby posted:

Consultants get a starting salary of under £80k after about 14 years training, and they have a punishing workload like everyone else in the NHS. I would never claim they are badly paid, but can we not lump doctors in with the idle rich? I'm a doctor, and while I have many privileges I don't think I have nearly enough money for the criminal justice system not to apply to me.

I can understand people being angry with the guy, but he didn't cause any physical harm and didn't act out of any malice towards the patient. He's clearly an arrogant prick who betrayed the trust of people under his care, but I think prison would be a little harsh.

Do you think he should be banned from practicing medicine?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I think that the guy that mutilated people who he was entrusted to care for should get a greater punishment than a fine.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Pissflaps posted:

I think that the guy that mutilated people who he was entrusted to care for should get a greater punishment than a fine.

I think it's called being made a Tory MP.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Z the IVth posted:

I think it's called being made a Tory MP.

Feed him to the spider.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It might be unusual but I think perhaps the most utilitarian punishment would be probationary service on the NHS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

jabby posted:

He's clearly an arrogant prick who betrayed the trust of people under his care, but I think prison would be a little harsh.

Firstly, Just want to be clear that I'm not making GBS threads on all doctors or lumping them in with the idle rich, I really could have worded that better. I'm just crabby as poo poo today, and it was meant more as look at this capitalist loving shitshow we inhibit rather than HEY gently caress DOCTORS, so sorry for that.

I'm not so sure on the punishment, on one hand I think a fine and community service seems rather light, but on the other what are the options? prison? how's that going to help? how much is that going to cost?

• Locked thread