Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I'm surprisingly interested in this game despite last watching dragon ball z when I was a kid. The crazy tournament thing going on right now seems like a lot but having the androids back as good guys is cool.

also I have no idea what the gently caress is anyone talking about ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnp7VWEtigM&hd=1

Apparently they changed the title screen song. Sounds a lot more DBZ now.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Beerus trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAbX6YSa_jU

I think that's the last of the trailers, right?

Also, online manual for the open beta. Hope you've been studying your kanji!
https://ps4-dbfz.channel.or.jp/
(Click the splash page to open the manual. It took me way longer than I care to admit to figure that out.)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

the culminator posted:

The most useless move in DB is ki spam, that poo poo neeever works and now in super they make it look even lamer.

But it worked in Super

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Doggles posted:

Beerus trailer:

(Click the splash page to open the manual. It took me way longer than I care to admit to figure that out.)

Unless they do a last minute trailer for android 21, that's probably it.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Doggles posted:

Beerus trailer:

Loving Beerus' theme

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
beerus looks fun as gently caress. love zoning dudes.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Minrad posted:

beerus looks fun as gently caress. love zoning dudes.

Same, first team I'm going to try is a Nappa/Beerus/whichever Gohan DP assist is better team.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is there preload on this beta?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Real hurthling! posted:

Is there preload on this beta?

yep

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
This is a good post you guys should check out that has a ton of information on the beta, including a dummy's guide to the game that explains a lot of the mechanics

https://www.reddit.com/r/dbfz/comments/7o5iep/dbfz_open_beta_faqs_guides_more/

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is it up?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

It's available already on PSN. Activates tomorrow if you get the pre-order DLC, otherwise it starts Sunday.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

fadam posted:

Same, first team I'm going to try is a Nappa/Beerus/whichever Gohan DP assist is better team.

I don't think Nappa is a zoning man, his saibamen are more for oki from what we've seen. Frieza and Beerus are really the only two characters we've seen with an emphasis on zoning I think, though some characters have tricky tools/projectiles like Nappa, Piccolo, or Krillin.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Countblanc posted:

I don't think Nappa is a zoning man, his saibamen are more for oki from what we've seen. Frieza and Beerus are really the only two characters we've seen with an emphasis on zoning I think, though some characters have tricky tools/projectiles like Nappa, Piccolo, or Krillin.

The ginyu force kinda looks like they could be useful for zoning but it too seems more like they're for oki rather than being full on dizzy or axel style zoners.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I just want to know who the game's Teddie is, i.e. the one who's not great at combos but excellent at just annoying your enemy to death.

I'm not a fighting-game person but Teddie's baseball bat and rolling ball were constant sources of joy in P4A.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Oxxidation posted:

I just want to know who the game's Teddie is, i.e. the one who's not great at combos but excellent at just annoying your enemy to death.

I'm not a fighting-game person but Teddie's baseball bat and rolling ball were constant sources of joy in P4A.

ginyu has an item cycle similar to teddie

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Oxxidation posted:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

hmm, hmm

legit

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Gotenks was fantastically annoying in DBZ Hyper Dimensions. Certainly was better than Gohan. Gohan was basically Blanka.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Spanish Manlove posted:

This is a good post you guys should check out that has a ton of information on the beta, including a dummy's guide to the game that explains a lot of the mechanics

https://www.reddit.com/r/dbfz/comments/7o5iep/dbfz_open_beta_faqs_guides_more/

This is useful, thanks. The reflect mechanic seems interesting. Snap-ins only working from Throws/Dragon Rushes seems weird, but as long as everyone can easily combo into it then there shouldn't be any problems.

Non-GG player here with a GG question: Dead angle = Alpha Counter, right? It came up in the smaller mechanic guide and they didn't define it, and looking it up Dead Angles seem a lot like like ACs

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Ventana posted:

Non-GG player here with a GG question: Dead angle = Alpha Counter, right? It came up in the smaller mechanic guide and they didn't define it, and looking it up Dead Angles seem a lot like like ACs

basically yeah

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Can we take a moment to realize it took Frieza four months to do what Goku took decades to achieve? People talk about Gohan's potential but what about Frieza's????

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

They should let Frieza use the Hyperbolic Time Chamber

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Locked in my pre-order. My body is READY

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Chaotic Flame posted:

Can we take a moment to realize it took Frieza four months to do what Goku took decades to achieve? People talk about Gohan's potential but what about Frieza's????

Decades and luck. If Beerus had never bothered to come looking for a dream neither Goku or Vegeta would necessarily have been a match for Gold Frieza. And if he hadn't gone rushing to fight them down for his pride, he may still have surpassed them. And even then, he'd have blown up the planet with no reset.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 13, 2018

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Ventana posted:

This is useful, thanks. The reflect mechanic seems interesting. Snap-ins only working from Throws/Dragon Rushes seems weird, but as long as everyone can easily combo into it then there shouldn't be any problems.

Dead Angles are also very punishable in GG. I'll often stop a pressure string when I'm sure they want to DA out and then just punish, usually puts them in the corner.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Chaotic Flame posted:

Freeza's potential was always bullshitly high due to the way his power escalates all on its own. I think I remember one of the books saying that if he did nothing but sit around eating cheetos and watching Fraiser reruns for 20 years--never once lifting a finger--he'd have been as strong as Perfect Cell. Him putting in actual effort jacks that right the gently caress up.

I imagine if he'd trained for 4 years this arc would have began and ended with him killing both Zen-o's and taking over the multiverse.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/bandainamcous/status/951920313280770048

:911: > :japan: fight me on Sunday because I didn't digitally pre-order

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

English voices are so much better this shouldn't even be an argument.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Let's read the Arcsys Twitter!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-w8VdDbW70

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I'm so glad Chris Sabat made it his mission to make the Bulma/Vegeta/Yamcha relationship as awkward as possible.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

So is it safe to assume that there's no more characters to be announced, not counting post release DLC characters?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

oh another thought for the dlc: cooler could actually be a legitimate contender. He's got a bunch of fighting related screentime you could base things off of and a transformation that could have interesting gameplay implementations.

also he has eye lasers

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Ometeotl posted:

So is it safe to assume that there's no more characters to be announced, not counting post release DLC characters?

21 is almost certainly going to be playable

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ometeotl posted:

The wide speculation is that Android 21 is an unlockable boss character, but otherwise, we seem pretty good on the roster.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
They're not showing her because she's gonna have a transformation and turn into a sword or some poo poo I'm guessing and they don't wanna spoil the final fight.

Or maybe I just want the weird disconnect of playing as Nu is a Dragon Ball game.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Android 21 is actually cell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I can fuckin' smell it.

I might even break in the livestreaming on my PS4 to stream a bit of the early access.