Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

JethroMcB posted:

I hope Season 3 is about the 5 of them being given one last chance to live on Earth (or a simulacrum of "Earth" created by the Bad Place Judge) as roommates, and they have to teach Michael how to be Human.

That sounds like a terrible sitcom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They had the opportunity for Jason to bust a move and didn't take it!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

There Bias Two posted:

That sounds like a terrible sitcom.

Yeah, that's exactly why I want it to happen, because I know they wouldn't play it straight for more than a single act before it turned into a deconstruction of the form.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

JethroMcB posted:

Yeah, that's exactly why I want it to happen, because I know they wouldn't play it straight for more than a single act before it turned into a deconstruction of the form.

I think he was making a joke about Friends

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The only thing that i don't like is that nobody on the show has pointed out the obvious, the requirements to get into the Good Place are so stringent that there is no way that any of the four characters stand a chance of getting in.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Michael is just taking them on an excruciating journey to a fake judge who will declare that they’re all eligible for the good place. And then Michael evil giggles again and says, with faux incredulity and a shrug, “What?” as the four stare at him in disbelief.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

i am the bird posted:

Michael is just taking them on an excruciating journey to a fake judge who will declare that they’re all eligible for the good place. And then Michael evil giggles again and says, with faux incredulity and a shrug, “What?” as the four stare at him in disbelief.

I think since Michael actually did reset them 800 times, it's unlikely he's loving with this iteration in particular.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

PostNouveau posted:

I think since Michael actually did reset them 800 times, it's unlikely he's loving with this iteration in particular.

He could have decided to try something different just out of desperation. It'd be about the only way Sean wouldn't retire him, if he also managed to gently caress with the Good Place. I mean, giving someone hope that they desperately scramble for something, yanking it out from under them over and over again sounds like torture to me.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I just found out that the Good Place twitter account follows only 2 other accounts: The Jacksonville Jaguars, and Blake Bortles.

https://twitter.com/nbcthegoodplace/following

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I have a feeling the final reveal will be "you weren't in the bad place, you were in purgatory and congrats you tried to be good so welcome to the good place!"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Your Taint posted:

I just found out that the Good Place twitter account follows only 2 other accounts: The Jacksonville Jaguars, and Blake Bortles.

https://twitter.com/nbcthegoodplace/status/944308478297780224

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

swickles posted:

I have a feeling the final reveal will be "you weren't in the bad place, you were in purgatory and congrats you tried to be good so welcome to the good place!"

Yeah, I was trying to figure out how to put this in a post, but this is what I'm thinking at this point as well.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

seaborgium posted:

He could have decided to try something different just out of desperation. It'd be about the only way Sean wouldn't retire him, if he also managed to gently caress with the Good Place. I mean, giving someone hope that they desperately scramble for something, yanking it out from under them over and over again sounds like torture to me.

Yeah that could work. Haven't the creators said not to expect any more big "everything you know is wrong" twists?

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah that could work. Haven't the creators said not to expect any more big "everything you know is wrong" twists?

Yeah, I'm just kind of throwing stuff out there. It is hard to see how they'll keep going, but I'm sure they've got some idea what to do.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty jazzed for next week. Sounds like it might be their take on Dante's Inferno.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
best parts were "so random!" and jason drinking out of a red Solo cup

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
I keep worrying that Mindy's cocaine got confiscated.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mechanical Ape posted:

I keep worrying that Mindy's cocaine got confiscated.

I'm worried more about Derek and his wind chime junk and all the things Mindy has probably done to it already.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’m guessing we return to the bank vault looking place we’ve seen of the Bad Place.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

howe_sam posted:

I like how this gif sums up the Good Place writers' approach to the status quo

Please someone fix this so he's yelling "BORTLES"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

WampaLord posted:

Please someone fix this so he's yelling "BORTLES"

Good Place has already got you
https://twitter.com/nbcthegoodplace/status/951167758699413505

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Your Taint posted:

This is beautiful :allears:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I can't right click and save that cause it's Twitter. *makes face like Jason's after he pops his Pikachu balloon*

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

WampaLord posted:

I can't right click and save that cause it's Twitter. *makes face like Jason's after he pops his Pikachu balloon*

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Until just now I thought "Blake Bortles" was a made up name :psyduck:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

precision posted:

Wait, who the gently caress is Blake bortles?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

There Bias Two posted:

I think, from context clues, he is an Atlanta Jaguar.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

There Bias Two posted:

QB for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Like the Jaguars, he's somehow good at football despite being bad at football.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I just saw Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, which was actually quite entertaining, and Marc Evan Jackson (Shawn) and Maribeth Monroe (Mindy St. Claire) are both in it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

QB for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Like the Jaguars, he's somehow good at football despite being bad at football.

I so wish Bortles had been the QB to catch his own pass for a TD last week.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I think, from context clues, he is an Atlanta Jaguar.

Um, I think he's from Jacksonville.

C'mon son, that's like, in the top 10 swamp cities of Northeastern Florida!

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Calling it now. Tables will turn and Michael will get his mind wiped at the end of this season as part of the twist

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Good Citizen posted:

Calling it now. Tables will turn and Michael will get his mind wiped at the end of this season as part of the twist

So... Michael is actually the only human and the rest of the cast (except Janet) are demons?

:munch:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Synastren posted:

So... Michael is actually the only human and the rest of the cast (except Janet) are demons?

:munch:

Maybe him and Janet and/or Vicky thinking they’re human after a brain wipe. The rest of the cast retaining some memory and admining a new fake good place?

My thought is that the 4 get approved for the good place by the judge, but they’re told they need to leave micheal behind. But now he’s their friend so they can’t leave him and this is proposed as their way to possibly get him in.

It’s the best way I can think to reset the table for a full new season, but the writers probably have something weirder/better in mind

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Chidi also volunteers to go as a human because someone needs to teach the ethics. Eleanor follows him in last minute hoping they end up together this time

Jason and Tahani are the only ones left to admin and gently caress it up because they’re incompetent.

If I guessed most of this right I’m basically Doug forcett

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Jason was right again and the pattern really was green, green, green, red. A lesser show would’ve pointed that out too

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

theflyingexecutive posted:

Jason was right again and the pattern really was green, green, green, red. A lesser show would’ve pointed that out too

Yes, all part of the Pattern.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

precision posted:

Obviously Blake Bortles is the real one, Derek Bortles just sounds ridiculous.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The_Doctor posted:

Yes, all part of the Pattern.

As I suspected, air tight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Good Citizen posted:

Chidi also volunteers to go as a human because someone needs to teach the ethics. Eleanor follows him in last minute hoping they end up together this time

Jason and Tahani are the only ones left to admin and gently caress it up because they’re incompetent.

If I guessed most of this right I’m basically Doug forcett

Maybe Doug Forcett is God. Or an honorary higher-up in the afterlife for guessing so much of it on Earth.

• Locked thread