Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Clothed Mideon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

It's kind of funny how I expected Connor's Cure to be a scam charity much like Susan Komen, but its seems like it's pretty legit, the only bad thing is how cynical WWE is in promoting it

Should have named the charity Roman Reigns, wakka wakka

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Who expected Gangrel to be the last Ministry guy still working regularly?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

Who expected Gangrel to be the last Ministry guy still working regularly?

me

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Gorn Myson posted:

Clothed Mideon

PG era is no fun. Guess Big Dick Johnson wont be at RAW25

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Blaise330 posted:

Ron, Bradshaw, Edge, Christian................ Mideon

Viscera :smith:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Is WWE good right now?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

WWE should let Taker take a lot of steroids and get as big as Lesnar before Roman kills him again.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
taker vs cena would be so awful, undertaker has been really, really terrible for the last couple of years, it's just painful and sad to watch him hobble out with his gut and receding hairline to not be able to wrestle, just stop please

also, cena has been mailing it is so bad since that rumble match, he doesn't even care, remember when he showed up to survivor series not even wearing the smackdown colours? I'd rather watch a boring rear end orton main event than taker vs cena now

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Undertaker's WWE career has been "do the thing we should have done five years too late" for nearly a decade now, why not just keep going with it? I'm sure Taker is fine getting a giant paycheck to look old and tired for about 40 minutes once a year

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Tato posted:

Let's remember the good times

Paige was the first to figure out that doing a submission hold while on a table adds 50% more damage to the recipient. Truly ahead of her time.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Now I want to watch the WM main events the past 20 years out of curiosity.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
in an alternate reality bret the shitman fart never got concussed by goldberg, wore a helmet when biking and never got a stroke, and didn't become a bitter old man, continued to have an awesome wrestling career :(

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Do it ironically posted:

and didn't become bitter

He was a Hart, this was always going to happen

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Is WWE good right now?

Nope.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The amount of vitriol I've seen directed towards Sasha regarding this Paige thing is absolutely staggering. Death threats, calls for her to be fired, etc.

I hate wrestling fans sometimes.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i remember in 1991 my old man and my uncle taking me to a wwf show in calgary and bret and jim defending the tag champs, i need to get back to a house show

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

DarkstarIV posted:

The amount of vitriol I've seen directed towards Sasha regarding this Paige thing is absolutely staggering. Death threats, calls for her to be fired, etc.

Sometimes?

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
sasha is an unsafe worker like seth though, how come they always seem to be involved with people being injured :hmm:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Called it bros.

Seriously that's terrible. Went to FCW instead of college and all that stuff.

Lol at using someones career ending injury to get yourself over

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

But enough about Sasha.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i also have to say over the past couple months i've found the ascension extremely endearing and am rooting for them, feel like they've really grown as a tag team and seeing the breezango/ascension flip was a lot of fun

that being said wwe won't do anything with them just like breezango but i will still wish and hope

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

So what you guys are saying is there's not a zero percent chance Stone Cold wins the women's rumble?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

sportsgenius86 posted:

At least he isn't using her to show how racist he is against Roma this time

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

here comes the spunk posted:

So what you guys are saying is there's not a zero percent chance Stone Cold wins the women's rumble?

I would legit have a good laugh if they put Ellsworth in the womens rumble and had him just get tossed out, I mean they had Becky throw him around already and could be a tie back to the money in the bank stuff

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Do it ironically posted:

I would legit have a good laugh if they put Ellsworth in the womens rumble and had him just get tossed out, I mean they had Becky throw him around already and could be a tie back to the money in the bank stuff

With some of the injuries, this could happen and be very awesome

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

What about on other websites?

sportsgenius86 posted:

He's been in a full-on victory lap for two days.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

What about on other websites?

He's been in a full-on victory lap for two days.

Oh its been mostly on social media, not really here. Other sites though aren't so great either though. I've seen calls for her to be fired, death threats, etc.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Like you all wouldn't be all smug if you found out a person had died before it went public

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
Undertaker should start up another cult , maybe form an LLC this time

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

Oh its been mostly on social media, not really here. Other sites though aren't so great either though. I've seen calls for her to be fired, death threats, etc.

He's trying to do a swerve joke but he's not good at it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Do it ironically posted:

taker vs cena would be so awful, undertaker has been really, really terrible for the last couple of years, it's just painful and sad to watch him hobble out with his gut and receding hairline to not be able to wrestle, just stop please

also, cena has been mailing it is so bad since that rumble match, he doesn't even care, remember when he showed up to survivor series not even wearing the smackdown colours? I'd rather watch a boring rear end orton main event than taker vs cena now

Not wanting to look like a geek in the brand t-shirt is the opposite of not giving a poo poo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

He's trying to do a swerve joke but he's not good at it.

See, you get me. :v:

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

MassRafTer posted:

Not wanting to look like a geek in the brand t-shirt is the opposite of not giving a poo poo.

i mean i don't want to be the all kayfabe and poo poo but everyone the whole night was doing it except him so i don't get your antagonistic point beside being contrarian?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Do it ironically posted:

i mean i don't want to be the all kayfabe and poo poo but everyone the whole night was doing it except him so i don't get your antagonistic point beside being contrarian?

It's called a joke but even still Triple H didn't either. It makes the wrestlers look stupid and Cena is smart enough not to do it. Given he wasn't even supposed to be wrestling that night it's hard to blame him for having an off night when he's thrown into the match randomly and booked to be an absolute nothing in it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

I am already over.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Sasha internally got a lot of heat at the time. The kick was way too hard. It is a loving live event not a PPV. But the real blame was put on the road agent/producer of the match (I don't know who that was to be honest their name was supplied to me) as the spot should have been approved at a high level and basic common sense should have been used about her neck.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, a blind kick to the back is a stupid idea on someone with a surgically repaired neck regardless.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, a blind kick to the back is a stupid idea on someone with a surgically repaired neck regardless.

If it wasn't the kick it probably would have been something else. Just a matter of time, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

If it wasn't the kick it probably would have been something else. Just a matter of time, unfortunately.

Oh yeah I'm sure it was inevitable but they should be trying to avoid it as much as possible.

But then looking at some of the stuff they're doing in Sheamus matches maybe they just don't know how to protect someone's drat neck.

• Locked thread