Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Was at the wolves game tonight. It was Crunch's birthday. A bunch of other mascots showed up to give him presents and party.

:3:

Also Clutch has a huge, Lowry-sized rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

soggybagel posted:

Remember when the Ringer said fire Thibs

They seem to not know much about basketball.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Rick posted:

They seem to not know much about basketball.

When Jimmy runs out of gas in the playoffs it'll be everywhere.

(Not that it will necessarily Thibs's fault. I feel like recently Jimmy realized he has to be their energy guy in addition to the best player for them to be good.)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
People are fickle as gently caress and half this thread was saying fire Thibs before the Wolves started winning. He hasn't fixed any of his deficiencies since then sooo

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rondo looked like a good defender because he had KG, Perk, and Thibs locking things down while he was free to gamble for steals

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Kevon Looney is going to make a solid rotation big for someone next year

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

rondo is the weirdest nba player of his generation

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Spite posted:

(Not that it will necessarily Thibs's fault. I feel like recently Jimmy realized he has to be their energy guy in addition to the best player for them to be good.)

We're like five years removed from all the best players in the league averaging around 38 minutes a night and playing even more in the playoffs and putting up amazing numbers. This idea that you're going to gas out from playing 36 minutes a night is confusing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Doltos posted:

People are fickle as gently caress and half this thread was saying fire Thibs before the Wolves started winning. He hasn't fixed any of his deficiencies since then sooo

Let it be known, I have never said Fire Thibs.

:smith:

Also lmao

https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/952030047841456128

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

What a proposal. Here take our chronically injured about to turn 29 year old player and give us a 22 year old guy who is really really good.

Also when Kevin O'Connor of the ringer said they should fire him they were 26 games into the season and the Wolves were 15-11.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Full story incoming:

Thibs: gently caress you Doc.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Spite posted:

Jimmy Butler hasn't been their best player unless I'm greatly mistaken.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

You are

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

He's easily been the best overall player. The issue with Towns for most of the season is that he doesn't shoot enough.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Tae posted:

He's easily been the best overall player. The issue with Towns for most of the season is that he doesn't shoot enough.

The issue with Towns was his defense was bad and he was either getting lost on certain coverages or he was helping too late/going for impossible blocks or rebounds and putting himself out of position.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I did a quick check and KAT and Jimmy have identical PERs and KAT has an extra 50 points of TS%. But I am aware that isn't the whole picture.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i am proposing a blockbuster trade of tyson chandler for joel embiid

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

soggybagel posted:

The issue with Towns was his defense was bad and he was either getting lost on certain coverages or he was helping too late/going for impossible blocks or rebounds and putting himself out of position.

By any metric Town's defense has been a lot better since Dec 1, and this year he appears to be a small net positive and around average for his position overall. Since Dec 1 he's been above average and the TWolves defense stepped up considerably.

Keep in mind, 4 of the top 6 guys in the rotation are new this year, so we all knew the Wolves would take time to get into the swing of things, it was just surprising the D was THAT bad. But they have looked like a Thibs Defense for the last 15 games or so.

I mean, DRTG is not the best, but look at the drop month over month in his splits: https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/t/townska01/splits/2018

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Best vs most important I guess. Towns has been the best (maybe?) but Butler has been more important to the success. He fills many, may roles on that team.

Rick posted:

We're like five years removed from all the best players in the league averaging around 38 minutes a night and playing even more in the playoffs and putting up amazing numbers. This idea that you're going to gas out from playing 36 minutes a night is confusing.

Yeah, like, I get the trend but guys who have been kept on minute restrictions are still getting injured and the 2 longest games-played players right now are 1) Towns and 2) Wiggins. I do think Thibs plays his bigs too much, but I also think the difference between what he plays them and the 3-5 minutes less I'd like to see is probably not going to impact a lot of things. Like you said, these minutes weren't a problem for players in 2013.

Although I can understand why a lot of Goons think an extra 5 minutes of activity is a terrible thing that should be avoided.

Lockback fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 13, 2018

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Another day, another brutal Ryan Anderson posterization

https://streamable.com/t0i1q

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/NBA/status/952049195384438784

Alex Len gotta retire.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

came here to post about flyin ryan

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Lockback posted:

By any metric Town's defense has been a lot better since Dec 1, and this year he appears to be a small net positive and around average for his position overall. Since Dec 1 he's been above average and the TWolves defense stepped up considerably.

Keep in mind, 4 of the top 6 guys in the rotation are new this year, so we all knew the Wolves would take time to get into the swing of things, it was just surprising the D was THAT bad. But they have looked like a Thibs Defense for the last 15 games or so.

I mean, DRTG is not the best, but look at the drop month over month in his splits: https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/t/townska01/splits/2018

Yeah i know. Thats why I said was. Lately they're defense is looking good and Towns is more disciplined and not flailing as much.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/thugtear/status/951894118480793600

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I love that in the Ryan Anderson facial, the whole crowd oohs with disbelief. The dude is still loving 6'10 or whatever and a professional NBA player.

Edit: So I'm not a twitter user and I just read through the twitter thread of that tweet dexo posted and I'm, not kidding, don't know what like 95% of those tweets even mean (edit: the replies to the tweet dexo posted, are they tweets also or subtweets or what i dont even).

Younglings communicating with memes and gifs that fade into obscurity in like 0.78 seconds and think its better than just typing words with meanings that change over generations at minimum.

Edit2: So like someone posts a gif of that tv genius wonder doctor boy shooting himself in the mouth with a gun made out of his hand after that sager/ball tweet. What does that EVEN MEAN?

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jan 13, 2018

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Well, one is uppity so therefore

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

watch josh jackson on the bench react to that anderson dunk

also, the rockets bench:

https://streamable.com/wbjs0

G-Hawk fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jan 13, 2018

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Younglings communicating with memes and gifs that fade into obscurity in like 0.78 seconds and think its better than just typing words with meanings that change over generations at minimum.

Edit2: So like someone posts a gif of that tv genius wonder doctor boy shooting himself in the mouth with a gun made out of his hand after that sager/ball tweet. What does that EVEN MEAN?

Lmfao

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

I love that in the Ryan Anderson facial, the whole crowd oohs with disbelief. The dude is still loving 6'10 or whatever and a professional NBA player.

Edit: So I'm not a twitter user and I just read through the twitter thread of that tweet dexo posted and I'm, not kidding, don't know what like 95% of those tweets even mean (edit: the replies to the tweet dexo posted, are they tweets also or subtweets or what i dont even).

Please make Shrimp Interprets Tweets a weekly segment

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Is it controversial to say Jimmy's been their best player? Jimmy always seems like the dude that makes them go when I watch them. He has to play hard and focused or the whole team gets lazy.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

That's suicide.

Cool Buff Man posted:

The Cavs defense is so garbage right now. Gonna have to get really creative to give IT heavy minutes

Yes, it's very possible that heavy IT minutes will give the Cavaliers the worst D in the whole league.

EvanTH posted:

Kyrie did an interview on Redick's podcast and confirmed that

1) he's getting his education from instagram

Diploma from YouTube High-Scool.
Associates Degree from Wikipedia University.
Bachelors Degree from Reddit.
PhD from InfoWars.com

leftist heap posted:

i'm guessing we have compared DBZ characters to NBA players already right?

Tim Duncan is Burter from the Ginyu Force.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Spite posted:

Is it controversial to say Jimmy's been their best player? Jimmy always seems like the dude that makes them go when I watch them. He has to play hard and focused or the whole team gets lazy.

I think that's been true since they got him.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/952014018901893120

God Basketball owns.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/CTowersCBS/status/952071176179847169

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Uhhhhhhh Lavar Ball chose his wife like she was cattle.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
A real man chooses a wife like she is a veteran gym rat with intangibles

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Trump did that last thing.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tae posted:

Lockback posted:

the 2 longest games-played players right now are 1) Towns and 2) Wiggins

these two things are related

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

I just watched that dunk 7 or 8 times on the daily NBA Top 10. It's the most surprising power dunk I've seen in years. The dude is tall, but it's still freaking Ryan Anderson. I love this stupid league.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Jan 13, 2018

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
You guys keep talking about Lavar Ball so I looked him up and the guy's not even in the NBA? There's a kid Lonzo Ball though, he's a rookie and he's looking real good. You guys would like him his shot was very bad so he cut his dumb hair and it's been much better, and he's putting up huge numbers for a rookie

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Strawberry Panda posted:

Trump did that last thing.

:lol: at this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Late on this but I hit the “Hide scores” tab on League Pass and watched the Pacers/Cavs game because I couldn’t watch it live and

N: Pacers

V: Cool and fun and I love Lance he belongs in Indiana and should never leave again.

• Locked thread