Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Fargin Icehole posted:

I hope Adult Gohan has a palette swap of piccolo's gear, because im rocking that poo poo

Does a palette swap of his Teen Gohan clothes count? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

On PSN, the early access was a DLC for the beta, but it seemed to download along with the beta.

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy
Does the beta have local multiplayer or just online? I would like to have a friend over and get Krillin to punch them in the face.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I preordered on psn but it says "this content is not available to you" when i try to launch the beta

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

I preordered on psn but it says "this content is not available to you" when i try to launch the beta

Go back to the game page and scroll down to the DLC tab, gotta download the Early Access code manually.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cool

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I won a few matches! Yay!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Game is good! Need trial mode unlocked before i know wtf im doing in a combo though besides magic series>super

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/oneida__/status/952160063992541184

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

"Gohan, you've gotten a lot stronger and that makes me proud... finally."
"I'll be sure to visit your grave!"

Jesus Goku c'mon dude.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Jesus Goku c'mon dude.

Arcsys cementing Goku's title as the worst dad in Dragonball.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
I'm getting this on steam, but I'm very tempted to preorder on psn so I can play today, then cancel it after the weekend :v:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't think you can easily cancel a preorder on PSN

Jove
Jun 18, 2004

He doesn't come to us...we go to him...BOW DOWN, SLAVE.

Xad posted:

I'm getting this on steam, but I'm very tempted to preorder on psn so I can play today, then cancel it after the weekend :v:

Pretty sure PSN doesn’t work like that?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Jesus Goku c'mon dude.

Who was the second one to? Or is that generic?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Jesus Goku c'mon dude.

hahaha is this just plain story text or is it start/victory quote because if it is I want a video of it

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
The one to Gohan is a victory quote, I saw that on someone's stream.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dude there's so many incidental lines what the actual gently caress :psyduck:

Goku's level 1 feels customized to literally everyone he's fighting.
"Try this one on for size, Gohan!"
"It's over Freeza!!"
"I'll be sure to visit your grave!" (Kid Buu)

They all have interactions with their teams, intros vs each other, outros it's kind of boggling.

Edit: Beat a random character and had Freeza fly in vs Goku "That's it! I'm not about to lose to some worthless monkey!" I wonder how many voice files are in this game.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

hahaha is this just plain story text or is it start/victory quote because if it is I want a video of it

It's Goku's quote if Gohan (adult) is on your team when they all slide in. He also has one for Beerus thats
"It was great fighting alongside you Lord Beerus but... I'd really rather fight *you*."

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jan 13, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jove posted:

Pretty sure PSN doesn’t work like that?

Some countries can get refunds cause of their good laws i think

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

"It's over Freeza!!"

They all have interactions with their teams, intros vs each other, outros it's kind of boggling.

Edit: Beat a random character and had Freeza fly in vs Goku "That's it! I'm not about to lose to some worthless monkey!" I wonder how many voice files are in this game.

It's Goku's quote if Gohan (adult) is on your team when they all slide in. He also has one for Beerus thats
"It was great fighting alongside you Lord Beerus but... I'd really rather fight *you*."

sounds like once again this beats MVC3 at its own game. that had similar stuff in intros/outros but not to the same degree.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Well to be fair mvc3's cast was significantly larger

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

"It's over Freeza!!"

ArcSys does this with all their games. It's one of the reasons people were upset about no dubs for their other games because you lose A LOT of flavor when you don't understand the incidental dialog.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Chaotic Flame posted:

ArcSys does this with all their games. It's one of the reasons people were upset about no dubs for their other games because you lose A LOT of flavor when you don't understand the incidental dialog.

Yeah I don't get why some people would want to pick jp voices and lose all that sweetness. I particularly love the ways vegeta reacts to things, I'm gonna have one of him on my team for sure.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Had a laggy match or two, so I decided to actually get around to wiring my PS4 to my router, just to eliminate that part of the equation.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Reiley posted:

Dragon BALL!!!!!! Quote this if you agree

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I just realized I hadn't actually put in my preorder on amazon for this+MH World so I went ahead and did so, but after I put the order in amazon gave me this "we need a little more time to give you a delivery estimate" bullshit :ohdear:

Really hoping they can get it to me on release day, I need this game so bad

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Reiley posted:

Dragon BALL!!!!!! Quote this if you agree

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Is the tutorial mode any decent for messing around with combos and that like? Guessing it gives you a fixed team you have to use?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Dracula Factory posted:

Yeah I don't get why some people would want to pick jp voices and lose all that sweetness.

For some people it ruins the game if instead of that guy from that anime lots of people like they instead just get some loving guy to record the lines, people get very attached to their favorite characters. More seriously in blazblue you had to listen to what voice setting the other guy had, unlike guilty gear and indeed every other game in the universe so I can see people being put off by that.

There's also the argument that not understanding what the gently caress they're saying is preferable because it's easier to drone out. Blazblue again was pretty bad about characters just saying an entire sentence for every other action and constantly cutting themselves off because it takes a lot longer to say the same thing in english vs japanese.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

But also this is Dragon Ball, and it's got a good dub cast.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Is the tutorial mode any decent for messing around with combos and that like? Guessing it gives you a fixed team you have to use?

Not yet its gonna boot you out if you like dash or whatever for completing the tutorial mission. Also the dummy has finite life so you cant sit there and just play

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Is there any footage of English Frieza? Considering his VA is probably done voice acting, they had to get someone else right?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'd think it'd most likely be Greg Ayres, Chris Ayres' brother and the voice of Frost.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
lol, someone dropped $300 in Nakkiel's stream after he mentioned his donation goal to go to Winter Brawl and I think he broke.

Also Nanaya Gohan is too strong.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Nappa is obsessed with power levels

SnakesandScorpions
Apr 4, 2015
I'm really excited about this game. However, I've never really invested that much in fighting games even though I've played them casually for years. So I'm ready to get my rear end kicked . This game is like nostalgic trip all over again.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Nappa is obsessed with power levels

same

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Anyone else getting long load times at the victory screen? When I do, it always loses connection if we try to rematch.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Yes. Likely beta fuckery. Sometimes it even crashes the whole game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

this is probably the only game where i've set the voice volume to be higher than the other volumes