Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Truth Quark posted:

A traitor chihuahua you mean

well duh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

My day heal succeeded, FYI.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

busb posted:

this battle will be ez, rack em upp lads

I, for one, am glad that anime will be dead after this battle.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I, for one, am glad that anime will be dead after this battle.

Anime will never die dattebayo!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

SalTheBard posted:

Anime will never die dattebayo!

I wish I was scum and in battle with you just so I could murk you for this post, sal

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Oh I thought you gave me the buff or ordered it, KB. My bad.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Alternatively:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtsQI2IeM5U

but with anime

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

GeneX posted:

I wish I was scum and in battle with you just so I could murk you for this post, sal

Haha

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Cool, we look good to go. And yeah, I'd lean towards using your defensive powers in Prelim if you haven't already chosen to. Better safe then sorry.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
For the record, gonna be outta town this weekend. May not see the posting frequency I'm sure you've all (especially MMT) come to know and love this fine Sholdiers game.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:cheers: Preliminary Phase is over! Results are in your character sheets! :cheers:

BATTLEFIELD: Wild Horse Desert

quote:

This no-man's land lies just over the Texas border, and served as the safe choice of battlefield for the commanders to test each other's strength in the early days of the war.
There is no benefit or drawback to fighting here. This battlefield may only be chosen once more after this!

BATTLE FORMATION
pre:
		TXSG
Atomic Soda	busb		Natural20
flerp		Little Mac	Prince of Space

Hal Incandenza	IllegallySober	Truth Quark
Gamerofthegame	GeneX		The Lord of Hats
		DdN
:cheers: Battle Phase starts now. Deadline for submitting Battle Actions is ~11.5 hours from now, 12:00 PM ET (HIGH NOON) Saturday. :cheers:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
(Sorry for the delay in resolution, the Hawaii missile attack false alarm really freaked me out.)

This time, the forces clashed far away from either side's defensive lines. Historians in the years to come would speculate on the Texans' reasons for choosing this battleground - was it to minimize collateral damage, an attempt at outmaneuvering the Mexican strategists, or something else entirely? No-one could say for sure.

But once again, each battle party threw itself at the other, and all dissolved into gun-smoke, chaos, and blood...

TEXAS STATE GUARD CASUALTIES

quote:

Feelings are important - both bad and good. They tell you so much about the folks you encounter, whether it's at the bar or on opposite ends of the battlefield. This war ain't your first rodeo and it surely won't be your last - but you'll trust Shine's way of showing you what lies in people's hearts to carry you through.
:rip: flerp, aka Leon, TOWN-aligned Tactician, was killed in battle on Night 4! :rip:

DIVISIÓN DEL NORTE CASUALTIES
:ese: :siren: No one died! :siren: :ese:

:ese: THE DIVISIÓN DEL NORTE WINS THIS BATTLE! :ese:

Each army returns to their camp, ready to regroup, recuperate, and prepare - for tomorrow is another day, and another battle awaits.

Day 5 starts now. Deadline is 8 PM ET on Monday 15-JAN-2018. If a Martin Luther King Day deadline poses an issue, please let me know via PM.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 5 :beerpal:

Not Voting (17): chaoslord, Flying Leatherman, Gamerofthegame, GeneX, Hal Incandenza, IllegallySober, Kashuno, King Burgundy, Moatillata, Murmur Twin, SalTheBard, Slaan, The Lord of Hats, TMMadman, Tobbs Gnawed, Truth Quark, Your Personal Muse :rubshands:

With 17 people still alive, it takes 9 votes to execute.
The current deadline is January 15th, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 5 hours.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
:yotj:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Another battle, another victory for Pancho Villa!

:ese:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Lol we are now up an effective 4 bodies

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
gently caress ya good job!

QUICK QUESTION ABOUT BATTLES: Do they happen in real time? Like do all of the people participating need to be on at a certain time or is it more submit actions, actions resolve?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Just like anything else: everyone submits, they all resolve simultaneously with priority based on what it does (for example, if someone had a roleblock the block would resolve before their target attacked)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

gently caress ya good job!

QUICK QUESTION ABOUT BATTLES: Do they happen in real time? Like do all of the people participating need to be on at a certain time or is it more submit actions, actions resolve?

The latter.

Also right now I'd bet on Moat/YPM for scum but am down to wait and gather battle info before going crazy casing.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Kashuno posted:

Just like anything else: everyone submits, they all resolve simultaneously with priority based on what it does (for example, if someone had a roleblock the block would resolve before their target attacked)

Murmur Twin posted:

The latter.

Also right now I'd bet on Moat/YPM for scum but am down to wait and gather battle info before going crazy casing.

Thats what I figured but I didn't want to assume anything!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

HELL yeahhhhhhhh

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Nobody tried to NK me.

Cowards.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also my nemesis died so I need a new one.

Any takers, Texans?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I have slight damage, I can heal myself if need be

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Any takers, Texans?

:toot: I think I helped

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Hal Incandenza posted:

:toot: I think I helped

Thank you flerp had to go.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Any takers, Texans?

I'm not Texan but I feel like we kinda had a good thing going? :j:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I am hurt as gently caress (like, distressingly close to death), shot flerp, and have info to reveal after everyone else says what they did

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm not Texan but I feel like we kinda had a good thing going? :j:

If you're not a Texan, we can't be nemeses.

I still have hope though...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GeneX posted:

I am hurt as gently caress (like, distressingly close to death), shot flerp, and have info to reveal after everyone else says what they did

A true Mexican hero

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Good job crew! Another day, another win. Ma is not long for this world!

Please do declare your battle activity/health status.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

I was slightly damaged but did succeed with my battle action against the Texas back row.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Did my thing, came out unscathed, raring and ready to rumble at the Alamo.

Also, wow Texas is bad at fighting.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

slight health issue, attacked flerp

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

slight health issue, attacked flerp

Also I gave TQ a defensive buff in the prelim phase

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

There's a small bite mark on my arm and I've been finding myself thirsting for the taste of human blood :ohdear:

I'd say I'm as low as one could be on the healing priorities list but if there's an extra one floating around after we gather information I wouldn't say no.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Nice

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Remember to check your character sheet even if you didn't do anything, to confirm your health status/etc in case of NK.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Viva Mexico!

No change here. Ready to heal jefe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Oh, and to get this in early.

We are going to the Alamo. Let me know if you are a Vaquero.

Today I am also interested in knowing, (if I don't already know), if you can join a battle on your own.

• Locked thread