Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

codenameFANGIO posted:

I didn’t get a PS4 until last spring and I have to say starting to read this thread was a jarring experience

And like, I was reading Nintendo threads before that

Same minus it being a jarring experience. I expect a weird time in a thread on the Something Awful Games forum.

Also the PS4 has been great fun, but in a way I'm hoping this is a lovely year for it so I can try out good games released in years prior to last year, provided Monster Hunter World doesn't monopolize my free time (it will).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CrRoMa posted:

I've enjoyed every games controller I've ever used except for the original Xbox 'Duke', way too large, having a black and a white button was just odd and the dpad was sub-par. Props to Microsoft for making the follow up controller actually decent and also linking up so well with PCs.

Nothing will beat the iconic impact of Square, Triangle, Circle, Cross though.

Since you mentioned it the Dukeshock there's d-pad is also holding me off jumping on right away. I need a fourth controller anyway though so if it's bad I'll give it to my least favorite friend I guess.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

codenameFANGIO posted:

I hate to break it to you but it’s just the SNES controller with handles and sticks

I didn’t get a PS4 until last spring and I have to say starting to read this thread was a jarring experience

And like, I was reading Nintendo threads before that

Nintendo threads have a lot of harmless wishlisting and dumb opinions sometimes but ps4 thread is the most hardcore pedantry post zone on the forums by far

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
i just play games and chill

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Name/post combo

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Joakim Brecht posted:

That xbox-style controller seems to be exactly what I've been looking for. I can't understand why they've made the dualshock so small, as you can't really get a good handle of it.

DS3 maybe, but I can't tell a size difference between the PS4 and Xbone controllers at all.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Real hurthling! posted:

Nintendo threads have a lot of harmless wishlisting and dumb opinions sometimes but ps4 thread is the most hardcore pedantry post zone on the forums by far

PlayStation4: The Best Place to Post Hardcore Pedantry

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
PlayStation4: Place an exclusive release in your PS4 for anti-shitposting measures.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I have preferences, like i like dpad abovestick so i can claw it if i have to. I prefer the ds face buttons to the bulbous clicky ones on xbox. I prefer Xbox trigger feel. I prefer ds finger grip to xbox palm grip, i prefer xbox system buttons, i prefer ds convex sticks, etc but im not gonna act like i care when the game pulls me in

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I fail to see how this thread could be any more pedantic than any of the threads in d&d

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

D&D doesn't count because sane people don't even browse it. It's basically a dumpster to keep the people you don't want to talk to out of the other subforums.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

fridge corn posted:

I fail to see how this thread could be any more pedantic than any of the threads in d&d

Gonna guess that they're talking about the video game console threads, and not every thread on SA.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

The PS4 thread is a very forgiving place. The Bloodborne Bros are very forgiving and understanding.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I want to point out that I have been practicing self restraint and have neither started or perpetuated any of the crazy derail slap fights in a couple of months :smug:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I want to point out that I have been practicing self restraint and have neither started or perpetuated any of the crazy derail slap fights in a couple of months :smug:

In 1 month.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wanna fight about it?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

Gonna guess that they're talking about the video game console threads, and not every thread on SA.

The op said "on the forums" which imo would encompass every thread on the forums including d&d. If they meant just in games im sure they would have specified as such

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

PlayStation4: The Best Place to Post Hardcore Pedantry

fridge corn posted:

The op said "on the forums" which imo would encompass every thread on the forums including d&d. If they meant just in games im sure they would have specified as such

:ironicat:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Romes128 posted:

you can test it by plugging it in to your computer and it will show up in 'devices and printers', right click and go to game controller settings and hit properties.

How do you do this in OSX?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Real hurthling! posted:

Nintendo threads were loving awful when it was the Wii U death zone and Zelda wank space, but yeah I think it's now harmless daydreaming about Dark Souls Switch (somehow real) and Mother 3 (hahaha).

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Lol. Yeah gently caress threads that are wankfests. Cough cough Horizon cough Bloodborne.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

My wife thought it was weird but that's because her sister died at a very young age.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pollyanna posted:

How do you do this in OSX?

uninstall it and get windows 10.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

mods rename this man David Joke Guetta

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Bombadilillo posted:

Lol. Yeah gently caress threads that are wankfests. Cough cough Horizon cough Bloodborne.

The tone is way different when it's a game that hadn't even come out yet. See it was supposed to be the game that saved Nintendo and the Switch (and maybe sorta the Wii U while you're at it) so you had your typical Goon contrarianism mixed in with a lot of fantasizing (does anyone else remember all the people swearing up and down you would be able to customize between a male and female link?).

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fridge corn posted:

mods rename this man David Joke Guetta

Make better jokes I guess

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Pablo Gigante posted:

Make better jokes I guess

:salt:
:butt:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL at the notion that anything in the PS4 thread is more pedantic than Cine D.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Cynical posting is why I usually start ignoring certain threads. I don’t mind over the top gushing over games, in fact I enjoy that, it’s fun! But when everyone goes all gloom and doom everything is terrible and sucks blahhhh I check right the gently caress out. Games are fun, I don’t like being negative about them. Criticism is fine but it never seems to end there without spiraling into bizarre hate. Unless the game in question is Evolve. Evolve is terrible and bad and should be poo poo on until it’s forgotten in time.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

We can get fishmech and Supermechagodzilla in here if you want pedantry.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

mycot posted:

The tone is way different when it's a game that hadn't even come out yet. See it was supposed to be the game that saved Nintendo and the Switch (and maybe sorta the Wii U while you're at it) so you had your typical Goon contrarianism mixed in with a lot of fantasizing (does anyone else remember all the people swearing up and down you would be able to customize between a male and female link?).

It's subjective and besides that odd speculation, I mean, they weren't wrong. Botw is one of the best games of all time.

It seriously harmed by enjoyment of Horizon when I played it after botw. I replayed horizon after long time doing ng+ and the dlc and had a much better time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Overcooked! is some mega good gameing

revolther
May 27, 2008

Weavered posted:

Right now you’re probably at the summit of the difficulty curve of Bloodborne, stick with it entertainment and gameplaywise it only gets better and better. Soon enough you’ll be flying through that area without batting an eyelid.
Translation: After endless grinding you will have discovered every surprise in that area and become so familiar with it that you sprint through the area ignoring it all together. Repeat until mental conditioning is finished and you realize Bloodborne is a flawless masterpiece.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kilometers Davis posted:

Cynical posting is why I usually start ignoring certain threads. I don’t mind over the top gushing over games, in fact I enjoy that, it’s fun! But when everyone goes all gloom and doom everything is terrible and sucks blahhhh I check right the gently caress out. Games are fun, I don’t like being negative about them. Criticism is fine but it never seems to end there without spiraling into bizarre hate. Unless the game in question is Evolve. Evolve is terrible and bad and should be poo poo on until it’s forgotten in time.

You should read Imp Zone instead

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Is ironic contempt really that much better?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Pablo Gigante posted:

Someone (maybe you???) told me that before and I lurked for a bit and then stopped for no reason. I’ll get back on that, it’s pleasant :)

fridge corn posted:

Overcooked! is some mega good gameing

Yessss. Eventually I expect my constant Ariesing of everything will lead to my girlfriend physically attacking me though.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Cine D's fine, it got all the old man's dominant genes, while Games got all the flawed, recessive genes...Games is just the leftovers of what they used to make Cine D. Can you understand what it's like to know that you're garbage since the day you were born?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I finally, finally pushed through 9S's bit in Nier Automata and now I'm in Route C and running around as A2, although the game keeps asking me to choose between her and 9S. Am I missing anything by sticking with her?

Also, is there like a secret item merchant somewhere to just buy all the poo poo I need to upgrade my weapons or would I have to grind it out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

This guy
Jul 29, 2007
YES

Wolfsheim posted:

I finally, finally pushed through 9S's bit in Nier Automata and now I'm in Route C and running around as A2, although the game keeps asking me to choose between her and 9S. Am I missing anything by sticking with her?

you have to do both eventually, and no