Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Wolfsheim posted:

Also, is there like a secret item merchant somewhere to just buy all the poo poo I need to upgrade my weapons or would I have to grind it out?

The clown merchant in the Amusement Park sells more stuff as the game progresses, so you can pick up a number of things there, but some stuff like Pure Water I think you have to grind. Emil also sells items in some places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Wolfsheim posted:

I finally, finally pushed through 9S's bit in Nier Automata and now I'm in Route C and running around as A2, although the game keeps asking me to choose between her and 9S. Am I missing anything by sticking with her?

Also, is there like a secret item merchant somewhere to just buy all the poo poo I need to upgrade my weapons or would I have to grind it out?

In that game. If you have a weapon you like. Google where to get the upgrade material for it and do that side quest. You can burn out doing a lot of pointless stuff that upgrades things you don't care about.

Also be them to your hearts content

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jan 13, 2018

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Playing Inquisition right now - when do I have to make the choice between Mages and Templars? I really don't like the Templars and don't want to side with them, but I can't tell what choices I make will push me one way or the other.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Pollyanna posted:

Playing Inquisition right now - when do I have to make the choice between Mages and Templars? I really don't like the Templars and don't want to side with them, but I can't tell what choices I make will push me one way or the other.

I'm pretty sure it beats you over the head to make a decision eventually.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

You have to choose. WARNING the mission that's briefing says "meet with the Templars to hear what they have to say" LOCKS YOU IN to siding with them. I thought it was 2 missions to hear out both sides but that's the choice. In the war room. Before the mission.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Bombadilillo posted:

You have to choose. WARNING the mission that's briefing says "meet with the Templars to hear what they have to say" LOCKS YOU IN to siding with them. I thought it was 2 missions to hear out both sides but that's the choice. In the war room. Before the mission.

I saw that mission, but not an equivalent one for the Mages - which is why I asked.

JBP posted:

I'm pretty sure it beats you over the head to make a decision eventually.

I get that. But apparently the Templar option is uncovered through normal play first before the Mages, which are more out of the way and require you to do some other quest elsewhere instead of just being available as soon as you leave Val Royeaux.

You have to go out of your way to side with the Mages. Bit weird, that.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Bombadilillo posted:

I thought you got an opportunity to flip your wig and start a brawl.

Pollyanna posted:

You have to go out of your way to side with the Mages. Bit weird, that.

Yeah I remember this now.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Is ironic contempt really that much better?

Try reading Imp Zone? I'm confused why you think it's about "ironic contempt".

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Playing Dark Souls 2 to get hype for the one remaster. Already done 3 to death and finished BB recently so this is next on the list. Some observations:

-People are playing it, which is cool. Not having issues getting summoned.

-Soul memory is my least favorite thing about this game. I like just chilling sometimes and helping kill a fun boss. Don’t punish me for doing it too many times by not letting me get summoned anymore.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

JBP posted:

I thought you got an opportunity to flip your wig and start a brawl.

Yeah I remember this now.

Maybe. I just know that in my game I was a mage and did the mission just to hear what they had to say before I told them to gently caress off. Then I found myself on the Templars side and other mission gone and no previous save and the rest of the game they said "gently caress mages. But your one of the good ones" sucked.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Rolo posted:

Playing Dark Souls 2 to get hype for the one remaster. Already done 3 to death and finished BB recently so this is next on the list. Some observations:

-People are playing it, which is cool. Not having issues getting summoned.

-Soul memory is my least favorite thing about this game. I like just chilling sometimes and helping kill a fun boss. Don’t punish me for doing it too many times by not letting me get summoned anymore.

There's a ring called the agape ring which will prevent you from getting any souls while it's on. It's available pretty early on if you go straight to it. look it up if you don't mind early content spoilers.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Sonic Mania is good, right? I loved Sonic & Knuckles 3, but Sonic 4 disappointed me, so I'm a little gun-shy.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

1redflag posted:

Sonic Mania is good, right? I loved Sonic & Knuckles 3, but Sonic 4 disappointed me, so I'm a little gun-shy.

I never played anything 2D since 3&K and I liked Mania a lot.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sonic Mania is like condensed everything that made S3&K one of the best platformers ever made. It's a loving tribute and a good Sonic game in its own right.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

1redflag posted:

It's super fuckin good my dude. Go for it!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

1redflag posted:

Sonic Mania by all rights is the REAL Sonic 4. Mania is S3&K but better quite frankly.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It's proof that only modders can make a good Sonic game anymore.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Sonic Mania owns so loving hard.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Sonic Mania owns so loving hard.

yup

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Anything sonic the hedgehog is bad

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

It’s super good.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Norns the hedgehog

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Norns posted:

Anything sonic the hedgehog is bad

this time its only the extreme length of a few late game levels that is bad.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

I don't get the Yokai realm purification stuff in Nioh. I know I have to get a perfect Ki charge, but I'm not sure where or when. Do I need to be near or in the swirling vortex thing? Do I need to get the charge while fighting the demon that pops out, or before, or after? Most importantly, how do I know that it actually worked? The tutorial mission and text aren't very helpful.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Araki posted:

I don't get the Yokai realm purification stuff in Nioh. I know I have to get a perfect Ki charge, but I'm not sure where or when. Do I need to be near or in the swirling vortex thing? Do I need to get the charge while fighting the demon that pops out, or before, or after? Most importantly, how do I know that it actually worked? The tutorial mission and text aren't very helpful.

You need to stand inside the yokai realm, although there are skills to extend your radius for that. The only thing that matters is standing in/near enough to the yokai realm, and ki pulsing. If it works, the yokai realm will go away.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Araki posted:

theres a difference between the puddles that a yokai spawns out of and the puddles that a yokai can drop during a fight. doing a ki blast in a fight will get rid of nearby puddles. you can not use it to get rid of a demon before it spawns though afaik

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Be inside the cloud. It will instantly disappear if you did it right.

Immediately use you samurai points to buy "use ki pulse even when dodging" it's an odd translation dodge IS the ki pulse, you don't have to press the R1. It's helpful especially with those black clouds. You can dodge out of them and dissipate them.
You can buy that dodge on low medium and high stance on any weapon and it will be bought on all weapons.

On the samurai points screen you can press triangle to watch little movies of the moves. It's very helpful!

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Baggot posted:

You need to stand inside the yokai realm, although there are skills to extend your radius for that. The only thing that matters is standing in/near enough to the yokai realm, and ki pulsing. If it works, the yokai realm will go away.

Real hurthling! posted:

theres a difference between the puddles that a yokai spawns out of and the puddles that a yokai can drop during a fight. doing a ki blast in a fight will get rid of nearby puddles. you can not use it to get rid of a demon before it spawns though afaik

But the realm also disappears completely when you defeat the demon, right? So it's mostly just to 'clean up' the battlefield during a demon fight? I think that's where I got confused, the description makes it sound like some sort of mandatory finishing move.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Araki posted:

But the realm also disappears completely when you defeat the demon, right? So it's mostly just to 'clean up' the battlefield during a demon fight? I think that's where I got confused, the description makes it sound like some sort of mandatory finishing move.

yes. you don't ever have to do them if you don't want to. they just clear the stamina draining puddles. killing the yokai will stop its spawn puddle from appearing again if you die

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

You should be ki pulsing after every combo anyway. It hurts your stamina and helps the yokia. You can back up and kite them but bosses will drop them. Try to get used to clearing them out of habit.

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014

fridge corn posted:

Overcooked! is some mega good gameing

I wanted to get this. Is it worth it?

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

I've been playing Yakuza 5 lately and holy poo poo, you can get the Daytona USA theme song for races :allears:

Thank you SEGA

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Every sign has a story

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

virinvictus posted:

I wanted to get this. Is it worth it?

That depends. Do you have someone to play local multiplayer with? Are you okay with getting really, really angry at them? If so, it's great 👍

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Samuringa posted:

Every sign has a story

I was going to say that looks a little underwhelming for UC4 until I realized it was 3.

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014

Timotheous Venture posted:

That depends. Do you have someone to play local multiplayer with? Are you okay with getting really, really angry at them? If so, it's great 👍

Hmm. Time to test my relationship with the wife.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Araki posted:

It goes away after an amount of time if you don't clear it yourself. but it makes yokai regain stamina and it looked to me like they actually don't regain stamina at all when out of the cloud. not sure about that though because the game explains fuckall.

I would prioritize getting rid of them. The onmyo magic skill that increases purification range is handy.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Purify on Ki pulse dodge is the poo poo

E: the poo poo u need

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Digirat posted:

It goes away after an amount of time if you don't clear it yourself. but it makes yokai regain stamina and it looked to me like they actually don't regain stamina at all when out of the cloud. not sure about that though because the game explains fuckall.

I would prioritize getting rid of them. The onmyo magic skill that increases purification range is handy.

Yokai can only recover Ki inside Yokai Realm, hence very important to purify them asap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

OK once I remembered stamina is a thing in Souls games and I don't need to rush through boss fights, Cleric Beast went down pretty quickly. Maybe I'll be back up to speed soon enough