Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I always thought MultiMC just slapped itself on your hard disk wherever you dumped it so you should be able to just setup another copy somewhere.

Now that feels odd: having two versions of the same program that manages multiple versions of modpacks.

I will wait till im done with msb2 then ill update :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Depends posted:

I've had a ton of issues with TE servos and Mek pipes in MSB2. The servos have been the worst though.
It's usually the same ones too, I'll break them, get them working, leave and come back and it will have stopped again. Chunkloaded with different methods, not chunkloaded, crossing chunks, all in the same chunk, nothing seems to make a difference.

Are the destinations that the servos are sending to filling up? I was playing, I think Direwolf?, and noticed that if a servo was pushing into an inventory (say, an autocrafter) that filled up while the item was in transit in the itemduct, the item would bounce off inside the itemduct, and travel back to where it came from.

In my case, the cloches as the source inventory would not allow the item to go back in, so the items just got stuck in the servo and the servo stopped working. Had to break the servo (popping out the stuck items too) and re-place it. I think the servo changed color or had a light go on when they clogged.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Cloches interact poorly with pipes from any mod. It's better to put a chest or other inventory on the cloche output, and pull from that instead.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

MechaCrash posted:

I've been getting the itch to get back into things, and specifically to play with the Direwolf20 pack (with Mekanism added, because Industrialcraft is garbage). Is the Twitch launcher no longer a dumpster fire? I'd rather use the Technic launcher, but even if there's 1.12 packs on there, there's no way to sort by Minecraft version, and it's certainly not going to have the Direwolf pack.

Edit: misread.

Twitch launcher is fine and direwolf20 1.12 is the second pack listed when you click Browse All Modpacks so you don't really need to gently caress around with it any to get to it.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jan 11, 2018

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

I'm enjoying Skyfactory 3 but I feel like my wrist is going to explode from all the sifting. Can't wait to automate that poo poo.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Beekeeping and You posted:

I'm enjoying Skyfactory 3 but I feel like my wrist is going to explode from all the sifting. Can't wait to automate that poo poo.

Did you make a 5x5 grid of sieves?

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Devor posted:

Did you make a 5x5 grid of sieves?

No? Do they all turn into a turbo sieve?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

IIRC it'll distribute the stuff in your hand to all connected sieves and sift every single one at the same time. Might not work with compressed?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Not exactly, but up to a 5x5 grid (looking down on it in plan) will all work together as one giant sieve, each of the 25 sieves working as fast as if you had just one sieve, so 25x faster. If you just have a few to start, you can add sieves and meshes as you get them, you don't need to go straight to 25. It was satisfying slowly building up my iron and diamond mesh grids.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

Devor posted:

Are the destinations that the servos are sending to filling up? I was playing, I think Direwolf?, and noticed that if a servo was pushing into an inventory (say, an autocrafter) that filled up while the item was in transit in the itemduct, the item would bounce off inside the itemduct, and travel back to where it came from.

In my case, the cloches as the source inventory would not allow the item to go back in, so the items just got stuck in the servo and the servo stopped working. Had to break the servo (popping out the stuck items too) and re-place it. I think the servo changed color or had a light go on when they clogged.

When that happened the servo would turn red and I could tap it and it would spit out the stuck object. These servos were completely normal looking and just wouldn't work. I had the most problems with the one feeding my furnaces out of a cache of logs. There were 4 furnaces being fed top and bottom and one furnace would stop constantly because the servo would just stop working until it was removed and replaced.

I'm still unable to figure out why my bloodmoons on CotT don't spawn anything more than a normal night. I've asked in the official discord a few times but no one has ever answered. It's kind of a bummer because my friend and I enjoyed running out into the mob and beating back the hordes.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Depends posted:

I'm still unable to figure out why my bloodmoons on CotT don't spawn anything more than a normal night. I've asked in the official discord a few times but no one has ever answered. It's kind of a bummer because my friend and I enjoyed running out into the mob and beating back the hordes.

Have you lit up the world around you? Blood Moons obey light restrictions, but ignore/reduce proximity restrictions on spawns

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

Devor posted:

Have you lit up the world around you? Blood Moons obey light restrictions, but ignore/reduce proximity restrictions on spawns

I broke all the lights, and bloodmoons are for sure enabled. Everything turns red and you can't sleep.
The first server install was a default install 1 or 2 versions back and we rushed a little bunker to get all ready for the first bloodmoon and sat there in the dark and fought a handful of mobs and that was it. i wiped that one htinking I'd accidentally installed his new lite version which was new at the time.
This latest install of the newest version is doing the same thing.
I didn't know if he maybe changed something for better server performance or maybe another mod was doing something weird. It for sure feels like mob spawns are lower across the board (except for the silly amounts of deez nutz creepers in The End).

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
What RF pipes connect to Draconic Evolution infusors? I tried Mek and TE. They fill with energy, none to the fusors.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Solid Poopsnake posted:

What RF pipes connect to Draconic Evolution infusors? I tried Mek and TE. They fill with energy, none to the fusors.

You want to power the injectors, not the fusion core.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
Ender IO, or just use DE's own crystals. I know I've used those two. Maybe Flux Networks?

e: Oh, I thought he meant the charger thing for some reason. Yeah, you have to power the fusion crafters, not the core.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
No no, I'm trying to empower the things that feed the core, with TD. There's no EIO in my pack. Guess I'll try DE's own, but then I have to make the DE storage.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
You don't need to make the DE energy storage, the I/O crystals will pull from pretty much anything.

That said, what energy storage can compete with DE?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
ZettaIndustries Big Battery, perhaps? I've got a 9x3x3 that stores 450m RF. Transfer rate's low because of how I built it but with a max size of 32x32x32 you could theoretically store over a trillion RF, spitballing it.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

In Age of Engineering, is there any way to automate the repairing of tinker's tools? I'm trying to make an automatic wood farm with a wooden lumber axe, but I can't find a way to pull a repaired axe out of a tool station.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Mr. Peepers posted:

In Age of Engineering, is there any way to automate the repairing of tinker's tools? I'm trying to make an automatic wood farm with a wooden lumber axe, but I can't find a way to pull a repaired axe out of a tool station.

Check and see if you can just craft them in a normal crafting table with wood planks. Other than that, nope, there isn't.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Mr. Peepers posted:

There's a way to make indestructible tools made of paper. Useless for anything but automatic farms. I think it involves slapping obsidian plates onto it until you get un-breaking X.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

SugarAddict posted:

There's a way to make indestructible tools made of paper. Useless for anything but automatic farms. I think it involves slapping obsidian plates onto it until you get un-breaking X.

The reinforced modifiers give one level of Reinforced each, and each level of Reinforced adds a 15% chance to not use durability. At five reinforced modifiers, it becomes Unbreaking, which is 100% chance to not use durability. You used to be able to game it by making a paper tool for five modifier slots, then throwing five reinforced modifiers on it for a cheap unbreakable tool. They seem to have since changed it so that you only get a maximum of one slot from using paper, regardless of the number of paper components. I guess you could combine paper with magical wood for five slots, but I enjoy the added challenge of having to autocraft tools.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

MaliciousOnion posted:

I guess you could combine paper with magical wood for five slots, but I enjoy the added challenge of having to autocraft tools.

Be careful -- in later versions of TiCon, anyways, magical wood also comes with some other bullshit property that will eventually make the tool break completely, and not be fixable again.

You can emboss tools to add extra modifiers (via paper and other materials that add it, like livingwood.)

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Im also pretty sure in earlier TiCon versions you could emboss each part? while now you you can only emboss once.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh nice, one of the mods I just updated in my personal modpack isn't letting me open basic chests. I can get into them via an adjacent Tinkers' workbench, but that's it. Chests made of non-oak still work, though.

Time to start looking into how to make an RFTools storage system, I guess.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I'm playing around with the 1.7.10 Technic pack, and I've run into a bit of a speedbump. I'd like to automate crafting something with more than two ingredients, but I don't know how to keep some of the ingredients from filling up the crafter (I'm familiar with cyclic assemblers and PA crafters) and locking up the system because it can't get everything it needs. Any suggestions?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

Oh nice, one of the mods I just updated in my personal modpack isn't letting me open basic chests. I can get into them via an adjacent Tinkers' workbench, but that's it. Chests made of non-oak still work, though.

Vanilla chests are too OP so they have to be banned.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Evil Mastermind posted:

Crates work if you've got AA, too.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

FredMSloniker posted:

I'm playing around with the 1.7.10 Technic pack, and I've run into a bit of a speedbump. I'd like to automate crafting something with more than two ingredients, but I don't know how to keep some of the ingredients from filling up the crafter (I'm familiar with cyclic assemblers and PA crafters) and locking up the system because it can't get everything it needs. Any suggestions?

Does that one have the Extra Utilities rationing and hyper-rationing pipes? That's what I usually used for 1.7.10 packs for autocrafting.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Evil Mastermind posted:

That's a Forge bug (sort of; in the sense that it's a mod's fault, but it only happens in a newer version of Forge) and last time it happened to me it was Optifine. I think Openblocks also fucks with GUIs at present but I dunno if it affects chests. If you have Optifine though, remove it and see if you can open chests.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Fortis posted:

That's a Forge bug (sort of; in the sense that it's a mod's fault, but it only happens in a newer version of Forge) and last time it happened to me it was Optifine. I think Openblocks also fucks with GUIs at present but I dunno if it affects chests. If you have Optifine though, remove it and see if you can open chests.
Yup, it was Optifine. I disabled it and the chests are working again.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

A reminder: Never Use Optifine. TIA in advance :sun:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Honest question: what's wrong with Optifine?

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

We’re almost the point where it’s not necessary for cosmetic purposes, but not quite. The Chisel team’s CTM mod is most of the way there for block textures, but no one’s doing a mod that mimics OF/MCPatcher’s custom item texture feature yet as far as I know, nor a standalone RandoMob mod.

I want to believe that BetterFPS and FoamFix can accomplish what OF can for less powerful machines across the board without loving poo poo up, but I really don’t know. Last time I tried to run modded MC on my Mac Pro with its ancient-rear end Xeon processor I needed to throw OF in there to force it to run smoothly, but I didn’t really feel like experimenting much at the time.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
Because Optifine hijacks the render system, it can cause a lot of unintentional errors and do stupid things.

These days, you're better off without, 99% of the time.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Fair enough then; really I was just using it for real-time lighting.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
I've never installed it for cosmetic reasons. It just does a lot more for performance than Betterfps et al in my experience. It's usually only needed in seedy oversized exceedingly unpolished packs that don't even try to keep performance in mind for me, though. Typically the kind I lose interest in pretty quickly for a variety of reasons to date!

e: Fixed a sentence I got completely backwards! OOPS.

Toadsmash fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jan 14, 2018

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ugh.

modern skyblock 2 question - is there, like, a cobblegen available that doesn't involve fuckin' steel or forestry? i've only really just started and i'm not sure what i should be putting into NEI; i could automate cobble generation with the block breaker, but i've not started on metals yet

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

ugh.

modern skyblock 2 question - is there, like, a cobblegen available that doesn't involve fuckin' steel or forestry? i've only really just started and i'm not sure what i should be putting into NEI; i could automate cobble generation with the block breaker, but i've not started on metals yet

the block breaker that needs an iron pickaxe and redstone is the first option, yeah (automate it with a redstone clock)

until you get that, there isn't an automatic option, but if you're not in expert mode you can make a TiCon pickaxe and craft it in a crafting window by itself to make a Bane of Cobble pick that mines cobblestone super fast and never breaks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003